50

THOUGH JASMINA HONESTLY HAD had no part in knocking Alan out, people still glanced at her with wide eyes as Azriel tapped his hand against Alan's cheek to wake him up. When he didn't, her new husband easily threw him over his shoulder, not looking that bothered as he walked up to them. The sins were all standing still, watching him near with sheepish expressions, like children waiting to get punished. Jasmina could easily see Azriel wasn't annoyed though, sincerity seeping in his usual charming smile as he looked at her.

"Jesus, that man is beautiful, who is he?"

"Do you think Jasmina hired him to take down Alan?"

Jasmina slowly turned to look over her shoulder at the crowd, her eyes wandering across the students.

"Do you really want to find out?" she smiled.

That shut them up immediately. She was about to look back at Azriel when he took her chin in his hand and gently tugged, already in front of her. With a raised eyebrow she locked eyes with him, amusement glittering in his eyes like stars.

"I didn't do anything weird, I promise," he said.

"I know," she chuckled," Alan can be a bit dramatic."

Surprise flashed through his eyes, like being trusted so easily was something he wasn't used to at all. It quickly disappeared though, making way for something warmer. He always had that look when he focused on her, like she was the only thing in the world that mattered - she had a fond spot in her heart for that expression.

"So," Azriel drawled as he looked at the sins," what's going on here?"

"Just a volleybal game," Jasmina replied, stepping back and following his gaze.

"Exciting," Azriel smirked, eyes sparking," what do you think, my queen, shall I join?"

She could tell easily from the expressions of the sins that the thought of their immortal boss joining their aggressive game didn't excite them, so she shook her head. If it was going like this, then she might as well throw everything around.

"You can throw a ball another time," she said," we can already get started on what I was planning before."

"Thought you wanted to attend school," Azriel remarked.

"Change of plans," she said, extending her hand towards the sins," do you all want to come with?"

"For another of your plans?" Ira said, before adding with a grin," do you even need to ask?"

Daichi flashed her a happy smile as well as he nodded, only Victor looking apprehensive, but to be honest that was how he looked most of the time anyway. The teacher only dared to speak up at that moment, a mix of surprise and confusion on his face as he held up his hand.

"Wait," he said," you can't leave, class is still ongoing." He peered around at Alan, eyes widening. "And is that Lewis on that man's shoulder?"

"Did that mortal just call me that man?" Azriel blinked.

Jasmina didn't bother to reply to either of them, instead walking away and tugging at Azriel's hand. He understood what she meant without her even saying it, waving his hand boredly and letting time freeze. With a jerk of his head towards the school the sins started to follow, all way more docile now he was there. It was almost funny to see.

"So," Azriel said, taking a place beside her and tipping his head so she could look him straight in the eyes," are you planning to tell me what we're going to do yet?"