The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 7

250 19 3
By humyyussuf

I am running,I don't stop to breath,everytime I look behind me,he is there,I run like there's no tomorrow,I end up in a dead end,I curse loudly,when I turn around he is inches away from my face,his eyes are icy blue,nothing like I have ever seen before, they are full with anger and revenge. He has me on a chokehold, I can barely get air inside my lungs,I feel myself let going to the darkness...

I jolt awake, my heart is beating faster then usual and I am sweating like as if I just ran a marathon or something. I take a few minutes to calm myself down,I look at the time and it is 7,urgh,I woke up way to early.

There is no way I'll fall asleep right now,so I make my way downstairs,my parents are already ready for work. When my parents see me,they instantly stop doing what they are doing and look at me with a worried look.

"Good morning honey,how are you feeling, you do know you can talk to us right,just say something!" My dad asks me,he kinda has a guilt look on his face.

"I'm fine,really!" I decide not to tell them about the nightmare that I just had.
I sit down and eat some cereal, after a few minutes,my dad has to leave for work,he kisses me and my mom goodbye and leaves.

My mom has another hour to leave,so I help her clean to distract my head,she looks at me suspiciously but doesn't say anything,after that I go upstairs and head for the shower,urgh I have to go to Charlie's house later,and Hunter will also be there,I groan and curse myself for going to that stupid party in the first place.

By the time I am done getting ready, my mom is gone for work. I make myself some popcorn, grab a few cans of sodas and my favourite ice cream,salted caramel, after Charlie took me to the ice cream shop, I have been obsessed with this flavour, I asked my parents to buy it for me,it's not the same as the one that I tried there but it is just as heavenly.

I flop down on the couch and decide to have a high school musical marathon,I put an alarm on my phone for 3 30,and start my marathon.

After  a few hours, I look at the phone and it says 3 45,shit, I left my phone on silent,I grab my stuff and burst out of the house. Just as I was locking the door I hear Charlie calling my name, I turn around and I see that Charlie is here to pick me up.

I roll my eyes and make my way to the car,should I be grateful that he is here or not.

"You do know that you didn't have to come pick me up right." I say rolling my eyes.

"I know,but why would I let a pretty girl like you walk when I have a car!" He smirks.
I am probably as red as a tomato right now,urgh.

"Stacey, can I ask you something?" He says.

"Yah,shoot." I say, I just hope that he is not asking me out.

"Do you remember anything about the guy that attacked you,a mark,anything?" He says scared.

"I remember seeing his blue eyes,and I think he had some sort of a chain or something, but that's all." The events of yesterday replay on my head and I have to open the window.

"What were you doing there,you do know the it's beyond dangerous." He asks and I notice a hint of anger that he is trying to hide.

"I went to the park,but then got lost on the way home." I decide not to tell him that I was there practically because of his step brother who stood me up.

He gave me a suspicious look but didn't push me. Soon afterwards we arrive at their house.
I stay in the car for a few minutes, trying to force my legs to move,i must have been lost in my thoughts because Charlie is knocking on the window. I get out and give him an apologetic smile.

"You okay?" He asks me sincerely.

"Yeah,I'm fine,just thinking." I must be really bad at lying, because Charlie looks at me with a look that says,I know you are lying but if you are not going to tell me than I am not going to push you. I just give him a smile and carry on walking.

We head to the huge table in the dining room,this house is huge,it is humongous, especially without hormonal,drunk teenagers all over the place.

I didn't even notice Charlie leaving, but the next thing I know,Charlie is yelling for Hunter to come down.

"What the fuck Charlie, I will rip your head off I'd you don't have a good enough exc...." He stops yelling the moment he sees me,he looks extremely confused. He glares at Charlie and Charlie glares back.

I clear my throat and both of them turn to me.

"The project!" I say,I can feel the heat rising to my face.

Both of them soften their looks,and Hunter finally realizes why I'm here.

"I'll go fetch the stuff for the project." Charlie says and then he runs up the stairs.
But that means that me and Hunter are left alone. I avoid his gaze at all costs,it is taking everything in me not to look at him,just as I was about to look at him,Charlie comes down.

We sit at the dining table and start on the project. I was surprised when Charlie pulled out the research in this town,I was probably staring for quite some time,because Charlie looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"I know,I can be a nerd sometimes!" He says playfully.
I pull out my file of the research I made and so does Hunter. The tension between us was so thick,we barely spoke,except maybe the occasional cases where Charlie tries to make ne laugh and I fake a smile and Hunter just rolls his eyes.

"Okay that's it,what the fuck is going on between you two?" Charlie just yells,i literally jumped put out of the chair.

"Nothing." Hunter says.

"Don't give me that bullshit Hunter!" He is still yelling.

"You think I'm blind, and that I don't see how you keep looking at Stacey,and how Stacey is just avoiding your gaze and practically faking every laugh of hers." Charlie looks beyond pissed.

"What do you want me to do about that?" Hunter started yelling now,they both look like they are going to punch each other.

"ENOUGH" I tell so both of them can hear. They both turn to me,it's kinda like those movies where everything just plays in slow motion.

"You want to know what is going on,fine then I'll say,yesterday Hunter asked me out on a date on the park and he didn't come,and that is how I ended up at the warehouse." I was practically yelling at the end off my sentence.

"You left her alone in the damm park,what the fuck Hunter, do you have any idea what happened, no you don't!" Chapter looks like he could kill Hunter right now and bury his body somewhere where no one will find.

I suggest the cemetery,no one will ever look for a corpse in a cemetery.

I mentally groan and decide to ignore the voice in my head.

"Well,are you going to tell me what the fuck happened or will you just carry on yelling!" Hunter looks extremely worried even though he is yelling.

"She got lost and ended up at an abandoned warehouse, then was attacked by a lunatic, and something worse could have happened if I  hadn't showed up at the right time." He is yelling, I am actually surprised no neighbours have actually come here to complain or ask if everything is fine.

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU" I tell at them.

"YOU STINKY,ROTTEN PIECES OF MARSHMALLOWS" I mentally slap myself for even saying that, don't judge, I don't usually curse people.
Both of them look amused at my insult.

"I  AM FED UP OF THIS,CHARLIE, I SUGGEST YOU FORGET ABOUT EVER DATING ME,BECAUSE TRUST ME IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!" I then turn to Hunter.

"YOU LEFT ME ALONE,I WAS BROKEN, I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME,I REGRETED EVER GETTING CLOSE TO BOTH OF YOU,AND HUNTER I JUST HOPE YOU FIND ANOTHER GIRL TO PLAY WITH THEIR EMOTIONS!" They both look extremely hurt and guilty.

I grab my bag and find my way out of the house,I didn't even realise I had started crying. I can hear both Charlie and Hunter calling me. I carry on walking until I hear Charlie's car parking next to me. He gets out of the car and rushes to my side,I look behind me and see that I made it quite far from the house, I must have been running.

"Let me drive you home,it's the least I can do." He looks sincere.

I decide not to argue with him,so I just get inside the car and Charlie drives me home,none of us say anything.

We get to my house and get out and don't even look at him.

My mom must be running late because she is still not here,my dad's car is in the driveway, so I brace myself and go inside, I don't see my dad anywhere but then I hear the water running.

I run upto my room,lock my door,flop face down on my bed and burst out crying, I am pretty sure no one will hear me because my I am face down on the pillow, so I carry on crying and sobbing.

I'm sorry. You deserve someone better than them.

I carry on crying and eventually fall asleep.

                      ××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

So who do you guys ship?

And tell me what you think of the book so far,I have a feeling the book won't be that long.

Please do not forget to vote and comment

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
652K 26K 37
Wendy has a plan for high school. Find a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate with no drama. It works out for her first two years of high scho...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...