Bruises [L.S]

By laurenxtomlinson

hes always smiling... TW// self harm, abuse, depression, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts This is my first... More

Burgundy
Punching bags
Blue
Emotions
Mark
I'm yours... i hope
Her
I'm sorry
talk
captain
on my own
mark (again)
fizzy
two of us
positive
troy
id love to
home
christmas;)
shots n tattoos
the move
ink n skin
coming out with blood
recording
dancing queen
hammer to the head
unspeakable
soulmates
little things
head over heels
the concert
protect
a safe place
the sitters
the last day
graduation
you and me forever
epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE:)
shots n tattoos: ziam pov

Big brother

5.8K 164 462
By laurenxtomlinson

A/N:

I'm writing this at two in the morning so bare with me here

TW: depression, eating disorders, abuse, self harm, suicidal thoughts

_____________

HARRY'S POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Niall playing the guitar and singing right in my face.

"It's time to get up in the morning! In the morning... morning! I got McDonald's breakfast for you..."
he started of quietly

"I drove 2 miles to get it, so you better get up and eat it. Don't be selfish harryyyyy" he sang out of tune. Lies he doesn't have a car but whatever

"ITS TIME TO GET UPPPPPP" he started shouted.
His accent rang through my ears.

"GET UPPPP!! TIME TO GET UP!!" He jumped on my bed screaming it my ears.

"ITS TIME TO GET UPPPPP TIME TO GET UPPPP" he shouted somehow back on key for a moment.

He repeated whatever type of chorus that was and jumped around some more still managing to strum the guitars. He finally jumped off my bed and sang softly of key in my ear

"Its time to get up... get uuuuuuu-ppp" he then stopped singing. I rolled my eyes sat up and said

"Time to get up!" I then fell back on the bed, my head pounding from the Irish lad screeching in my ears.

"Come on lad, I actually got McDonald's. It's going to be cold!" Niall said with a pout.

"Alright fine Ni, what time is it anyways?" My voice sounded a bit raspy.

"7:35"

"7:35?! Ni we are going to be late for school" i jumped out of my bed. Ni just shrugged and walked out of my room most likely heading to the kitchen.

I quickly got dressed in some black skinny jeans and a grey jumper. I looked at myself in the mirror. My black eye was quite visible today. Luckily my curls fell in front of it. I guess my messy hair does do me some good after all. I slipped on some boots and walked into the kitchen. Surely enough I found Niall stuffing his face with some Maccies breakfast.

"Come on princess we are going to be late" I said grabbing my bag

"Coming!" He said with a mouth full of food

I grabbed some food and left. We walked to school in silence. A comfortable silence to say the least. Once Niall finally finished eating he stopped walking I just stood still. I stared at him like he was insane. I mean he very well is an insane, blonde, blue eyed Irish princess isn't he?

"Harry?" He asked

"You okay Ni?"

"Today's Wednesday right?"

"Um yeah why?"

"We have that big brother programme today"

"that's today?!"

"I hope I get someone good" Niall continued walking.

The big brother/sister programme is when the year 12s take the year 10s under their wing and basically mentor them. All the names are randomly selected. Every single year 12 and 10 have to participate since it counts as extra marks. They mentor you for about 3 months. September to December. You have to spend a lot of time with them and work on a final project. The final project is an essay on the other person. What you have learned from them, if you got along, pros and cons from the other person, if they helped you with anything. You just have to write about your time with them.

We finally got to school. Luckily we were right on time. I walked into history class with Niall. We made our way to the back of the class. I've always struggled with history, it was never my strong suit. Math on the other hand is. I've always gotten high marks in math. I placed my head down on my desk careful not to bang my eye and fell asleep. I was so tired. I could barely sleep last night.

Of course you never slept Harry you dreamt that Louis kissed you. He would never and you know that.

As I was sleeping my brain was flooded with thoughts.

Do I like Louis?
Could he ever like me back?
Why does he beat me?

Then suddenly an announcement came on asking all year 10s and 12s to make their way down to the auditorium for the big brother/sister programme. I was quite nervous. So I was Niall honestly we was practically shaking. Last time he was like this was when I got us fake IDs to go get tattoos and he chickened out.

We made our way to the auditorium and found a place to sit. As Niall and I looked out towards the stage we saw two of those bingo ball holders. You know the ones that you spin them a bingo ball comes out. I'm guessing they had our names in them. I looked around at everyone. My eyes landed on Louis. I felt my cheeks burn up a bit.

Really Harry?

Louis looked a bit mad and sad. You could tell even when he was smiling. It wasn't the smile he had when he was with his sisters. His beautiful blue eyes didn't shine, they were dull. His eyes didn't crinkle the way they did yesterday and he didn't seem... golden?

Is that the right words to use?

He didn't seem as bright as he was at the shop if that makes sense.

I felt Niall nudge me to grab my attention.

"Looking at pretty boy I see" he whispered

"Shut up" I said

"You know you love me!" He smiled wide. I rolled my eyes. That's when the principal came out on stage with a microphone in hand.

"Good morning year 10s and 12s! Whose ready for the big brother/sister programme!" He said enthusiastically. The audience cheered.

"I would normally make a small speech but we have more students in these years than we did the last time we did this! Once I say you and you mentors name please exit the auditorium!"

He called out a bunch of kids names. This went on for what felt like hours. It was most likely 45 minutes to say the least. Niall had to leave. He got paired with Liam Payne. Who I'm pretty sure is on of Louis' friends

"Harry styles"

Uh oh...

I hope I get a good person.

"And Louis Tomlinson"

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I got up and left the auditorium as fast as I could. I didn't want to talk or see Louis. I didn't know if I would fall harder for Louis or get beat up. And I didn't want to take chances.

"HARRY" he called out. I just kept walking. I didn't know where I was walking to but I turned into the toilets.

"Harry where are you going?" Louis followed me into the toilets.

Nice going Harold now you can't escape

"Harry?" He asked me. I didn't want to make eye contact with him. I knew I was going to blush.. so instead I titled my head towards the floor.

"Harry are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I quietly said

No you aren't

"Look this isn't exactly what I want either, but I have to spend the next 3 months with you so let's make the best of it alright?"

What does he mean this isn't what he wanted? I mean sure he wasn't my first choice but I couldn't decide who I ended up with. I would've preferred Nick Grimshaw over Louis Tomlinson but I'm stuck with him.

"Alright" I spoke softly

"Why don't you say we skip the rest of the day" it was a question that sounded more like a statement.

"Skip?" I don't skip school...

"Come on Styles, liam Niall and Zayn are skipping. We can go with them"

"Fine! But only since Ni is going to be there"

"YES!" He said with a smile. That was the smile I saw yesterday. His genuine smile...

We walked out of the toilets, grabbed our bags and left. We got in his car, which looked pretty beat up. Like me.. haha bad joke Harry.

"So Sir Harold" he looked at me trying not to smile at the name

"Lewis" I glared at him

"It's Louis" he smiled sarcastically.

"I know" I felt my cheeks start to burn so I turned towards the window

I heard Louis take a deep breath before putting his hands on the wheel. I looked towards him and he hesitated to turn the keys in the ignition. Odd.
we pulled out of the parking lot and drove down the main road. He turned on the radio and
"A team" by Ed sheeran flooded the car

That song just came out and it's everywhere. I hear it all the time. I turned to look out the window again and started singing a bit.

"And they say
She's in the class A team
Stuck in her daydream-"

I was cut off by a voice. A voice of an angel. This voice was so perfect and raw. I looked over to see Louis belting the chorus of 'a team'

"Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastry
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to her"

I couldn't help but smile. Who knew the Louis Tomlinson could sing. His voice was so angelic. The type of voice you could drown it.

"quite the voice you got" I said still looking out the window.

"I could say the same for you Harold" I wasn't looking at him but I could tell he smiled wide.

We sat in a comfortable silence until we pulled up to a house. It was a brick house, not to big not to small. It had a grey door with a rundown garden. I guess they didn't take car of it this summer. I looked over at Louis who sighed taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Well come on Harold" he got out of the car walking up to the front door.

I walked up the stone path to the front door. Louis' was fidgeting with the keys. As he unlocked the door he hesitated before opening it fully. I watched his shaking hands turn the doorknob as the door opened. He entered the house, I was about to step inside until he stopped me and told me to wait a minute.

LOUIS' POV:

I entered my house, telling Harry to wait outside for a moment. I don't know why I brought Harry here at all. I closed the door turned around and was face to face with Mark. I could practically taste the alcohol on his breath.

"Faggot" was all he said until a bottle of Jack Daniels came flying at my face.

I didn't have time to react so the glass shattered on my face. I could feel the blood drip down my face. Almost as if I was crying. I felt a fist slam into my bloody face as I hit the ground. I felt giant feet kick in the stomach then another and another.

"I didn't raise a faggot" Mark slurred as he walked to the back door and slammed it shut.

I slowly got up off the floor aching in pain. I limped over to the kitchen to get the broom to clean up the class bottle that was just recently smashed in my face. I quickly cleaned up the mess, gif the evidence and finally let Harry.

HARRY'S POV:

"Louis?" I asked worried as I walked into the house.

There was blood dripping down his face in 2 spots. Above his right eye and on his left cheek. His eyes were drowning in tears. The tears hadn't quite left his eyes but they were about to.

He limped over to the couch, sat down and ran his fingers through his messy brown locks. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. Within seconds he broke down in my arms. I didn't know quite what to do. I just wrapped my arms around him rocking his small body back and forth. We sat like that in silence for about 10 minutes, until he spoke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 167 41
(Trigger warning!⚠️ contains self harm, sexual assault, overdosing) [completed] We're holding so tightly it seems like we're afraid of slipping away...
496K 17.2K 22
Harry has two problems. He’s recovering from an eating disorder. And he’s been hopelessly in love with Louis since the day they met. Harry’s strate...
27.6K 779 70
What can I say, it's my first Larry fic ;) If you wanna know more, read on forth. Love you all, -Ness
470K 18.3K 21
"No one knows?" "Nope." "No strings attached?" "Nope." "Fine." --- Louis Tomlinson has been battling depression ever since his dad commit suicide. He...