𝔰𝔥𝔢 • H. STYLES

Bởi SHESNEVERSATISFIED

sunflower vol. 6 in which a guitarist meets a singer Xem Thêm

cast + playlist
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifthteen
sixteen
seventeen
eightteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty

fourty two

8.7K 246 94
Bởi SHESNEVERSATISFIED

(the song above is the first song on the Ep and the song she is writing now! press play please!)

also, some clarifications
1. I am a black writer! Therefore, I will always try my best to add more diversity since there isn't much in fan fictions.
2. Selene already had a following before Harry recruited her to tour because she had collaborated with a lot of people and made music before hand.
3. Selene is Afro-Latina. Her father is black while her mother is Mexican.
4. We are as a whole going to pretend that that the songs I use for Selene's Ep are hers.

also, if you don't know who steve lacy is, this is him

sabrina: engineer/ prouducer

jade: electric guitar

jack: drums

July 5, 2019

SELENE SAT IN THE STUDIO THAT WAS BUILT INTO THE AIRBNB THEY HAD PAYED TO STAY IN FOR THREE WEEKS, HER JOURNAL IN HER HANDS AS SHE FIXED THE MISTAKES SHE MADE ON THE SONG SHE HAD WRITTEN BACK IN LONDON.

She had been back in California for four days now. The two days she just lazily hung around the house due to jet lag. Now, she was in a studio with Steve Lacy, her manager, an engineer/producer, another guitarist, and a drummer. She was stuck writing wise. Steve sat beside her watching as she scribbled out words that she didn't like.

"You didn't like that line? Steve asked, Selene shaking her head. "It didn't really match the tempo," she answered as she turned around in the rolling chair to face the drummer— Jack.

"Can I try something?" she asked. He nodded, getting up from the drum seat as she stood up. She's walked over to it and grabbed the drum sticks. She played a pretty simple rhythm that had been stuck in her head for the past few hours. She smiled in content.

"When did you learn to play the drums?" her manager, Chris asked.

"I learned a few things from Mitch and Sarah. I'm not that good though."

"Good for a beginner," Jack said, watching as she continued. "Can we get a loop on this?" Selene asked softly. The engineer, Sabrina, nodded as she pressed a few buttons. Selene continued the same melody for only a minute since it would be looped anyway.

"Okay, i'm done. Jack can you fix it up later since this is just the rough draft of it?"

He nodded. "Of course."

Selene made her way back to her seat, the woman grabbing her journal. Today was going to be a long day. And Selene was right. It took them over two hours find the right chords for both the bass and electric guitar. They weren't even half way done before they ordered food that wasn't going to arrive for another fourth five minutes. Selene sighed as she picked up the bass. "Can we go over it one more time?"

They all nodded as they grabbed the instrument that needed. "One, two, three."

The sound of the instruments filled the room with a soft aura. She smiled as she looked up at her manager, his eyes filled with joy. She was happy. Last time she did music, she didn't have anyone to help her because of the fact that she was so scared of meeting new people. That and she didn't want other people to see how depressive she was. Now, it was like she was creating the calm state in the studio. She was making everyone in the studio happy and comfortable with each other.

"Show me how you care
Tell me how you were loved before," she started to sing. Harry made a song about her so why not make one about him? In these lyrics specifically, she was referring to two things. "Show me how you care," was... well it was about their first time. The second line however, was about Harry's relationship with Camille. How he came to her hotel room with tears streaming down his face, sobbing about how he thought Camille loved him.

"Show me how you smile
Tell me why your hands are cold
(Show me how)," she continued.

"I'm turning around, I'm having visions of you
But then I understand
The friend I'm dreaming of is far away
But I'm here, I'm here," she sung softly, her face warming up as she thought about him. She wasn't just his friend anymore. Selene was a completely different person now. She was his.

She looked at Steve who nodded his head to the beat. "Show me how you're proud
Tell me how you reach the moon
My thoughts err away tonight
My heart fell to love again."

She was proud of herself if she was honest. She was starting to love and she deserved it.

"(Show me how)
I'm turning around, I'm having visions of you
But then I understand
The friend I'm dreaming of is far away
And doesn't feel my love
But I do
I do," she finally sung, the instruments ending too. Two years ago, Selene didn't feel the love that she felt at the moment because of the fact that her and Harry weren't a thing. The "friend" was her.

Everyone clapped, Selene waving them off jokingly as she laughed. "Welcome back to the studio Selene," her manager said.

She was back and better than ever.

The food had arrived on time, Selene getting chicken tenders and fries since that was one of the only meats that she ate. She listened to the group as they conversed about random topics. Sabrina looked at Selene and smiled.

"Tell us about touring," she said, everyone's attention turning to Selene. Sat sat up slightly and moved her hair out of her face.

"It was fun traveling and seeing different cultures. The band is pretty much my best friends now. The only thing bad about it was being jet lagged a lot," she answered.

"What were the best places?"

"Uh... Australia, Japan, and... Mexico."

Steve smirked. "Meet anyone special?"

She rolled her eyes and hit him with the pillow from the couch. He knew that her and Harry were something. "Shut up you ass!" she laughed out. "So you did?" Jack asked, taking a sip of his sprite after he spoke. She hesitantly nodded. "Yes but i'm not telling any of you who it is."

"Selene is growing up!" Sabrina said, the guitarist flipping her off.

"Steve is younger than me!"

"He's acts older."

"No he doesn't-" Selene started, the woman cutting herself off as Steve picked up the same pillow she had already hit him with. "Okay okay, i'm done talking about your maturity," she retorted.

"Selene," her manager called out, the hazel eyed woman's head turning to him.

"What's up?"

"Do you want to get Saba in the session tomorrow? I know you've two worked together before," he asked, Selene nodding in response.

"Just tell him to drop by. Does he want to do a feature?"

"I'm not sure but i'll ask."

The group heard a ringing, Selene sighing as she picked up her phone. Harry. They smiled as she stood up. "I'll be back," Selene muttered.

"Tell him I said hi!" Steve exclaimed. 

"No."

"But-"

"Text him yourself," she said as she walked out, closing the door behind her. She quickly answered the Face Time, Harry's bright smile popping up on the screen. She smiled as she walked to her room.

"Hey," she said as she opened her door.

"Selene!" Mitch yelled as he popped up in the camera, Harry struggling to hold the phone as Mitch tried to grab it.

"Stop! I'm trying to talk-" Harry rambled as he snatched the phone back. "I just wanted to say hi," Mitch whined.

"And you did. Now leave us alone," he argued.

"I didn't say hi I said-"

"Bye Mitchell," Harry cut off. Selene heard Mitch mutter something under his breath, the door closing after.

"How has the studio been?" Harry asked as he moved his hair out of his face.

"It's been good. I think we're going to start recording today for the first song. What about you?"

"We're stuck kinda. Even when you were still here we were but now, everyone is just kinda in a funk. It's been hard to just get stuff out on paper."

Selene tilted her head. "Why as soon as I leave does all hell break loose?"

Harry chuckled. "Don't get too cocky. We've got some more people coming tomorrow so hopefully we'll get something done," he started. "Also, I have to come to L.A for a couple of days for business next week so... I might have an opening," he told.

"I'll send you the address when you get here. What exactly is the business?" she questioned.

"Music Video for Lights up. I have to go to two meetings and then sign paperwork for it."

"Where are you going?"

Harry smirked. "Mexico."

Selene eyes widened. "Your lying."

"Do you want to come to the meeting and check?"

Harry knew that she had been wanting to go back to Mexico since they toured so why not go for a music video? Selene moved her hair to the right side as she smiled.

"I could literally kiss you right now."

"You can next week. But I won't keep you long since I know your busy. See you next week?"

"See you next week Styles."

She hung up and smiled. Oh how she couldn't wait until next week.

Selene sat on the wooden swing attached to the patio, her eyes on the sunset in front of her. They had all decided to call it quits on the studio for the day. Her eyes trailed to Steve who was laying down on the couch— his hands covering his eyes. Selene was surprised that they were writing so fast. So far, there was three written songs.

Selene felt two hands push her, the swing moving. She kicked her feet up to keep the momentum of the swing going. Her head turned to see who it was behind her. Jack. She smiled and let him push her on the swing. The two had been friends since college and they stayed in touch since she graduated early.

"I'm going to have to give your new boyfriend a talk," he started, Selene rolling her eyes.

"One. We're not dating yet and Two, That's not happening," she said bluntly.

"Why not?"

"Because your not scaring him away."

"Good point. I'm really glad your doing better Selene," he said as he moved away from her as she swung higher, the woman no longer needing assistance.

"I am too," she replied, her hair flying into her face momentarily. Jade came from out of the house, her arm wrapped around Sabrina's waist. Selene turned her head and smiled at them, watching as Sabrina leaned her head on Jade's shoulder.

"What are we eating tonight?" Jade asked.

"I'm not cooking," Selene told them, the group whining.

"Why not?" Steve asked.

"Because I cooked last night! And this morning. Order take out or cook yourself," she argued.

"He can't fucking cook. He almost burnt down the kitchen last time we let him," Sabrina muttered.

"That was three days ago! I have improved greatly," he retorted.

"No you haven't."

"I haven't."

Jack laughed. "So takeout?"

"Takeout," Selene agreed. He nodded as he made his way to the door. "I'm going to go order." Steve stood up from the outside couch and followed the older man inside. Before she knew it, Selene was the only one outside. She slowed down on the swing and took out her phone to call Harry.

"Fuck," she muttered under breath as she looked at the time. It was 6:37pm meaning that it was 2:37am there. He was already sleep.

Selene could not go to sleep. She had tossed and turned all night, trying to get comfortable. She was so used to sleeping in Harry's arms that sleeping alone in this bed all alone felt weird. She grabbed the pillow that was beside her— the hazel eyed woman cuddling it. She felt pathetic. She let out a deep breath and closed her eyes in hope of drifting off. Five minutes. Ten. Fifth teen. Selene sat up and let out a deep breath. She wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. She stood up and stretched— her back cracking. She rubbed her eyes and turned on the lamp that was on the nightstand beside the bed.

She needed to distract or at least make herself sleepy. She grabbed her writing journal, pen, and phone from the stand, the woman heading to the studio that was a couple of rooms away from her room. Everyone was sleep except for her but she wasn't surprised. Selene opened the door to the studio and turned on the light. She was glad that the studio was soundproof.

She sat down on the couch and opened the journal, the pen immediately hitting the paper.

(play song!)

"Yeah, yeah
Wish I could be where you are
I know the distance is far
I've been running, running through your mind," she wrote down. She smiled as she thought about him once more.

"Promise that I'm on a flight, going to you right now
I don't have much time, with you tonight," she added. What was a song without a bit of imagination in it?

Her smile slightly faded as she began to write more. "I've been going, I've been going, I've been focused
Just be with me in the moment
Trust me I know how you feel right now."

Harry was clingy. But her being away in a completely different country made her understand why. It was hard to sleep in an empty bed. Hell, it was hard to not wake up to the kisses he always left on her face. But most importantly, it was hard to not watch him as he focused on one of the most important things in his life. Music.

"Baby that's just what it is right now
Just stay with me, right behind you
And I'm trying to, make the time to
Baby that's all I can give right now
Maybe that's just what it is right now, yeah, yeah," she sung softly.

"Baby that's all I can give right now
Maybe that's just what it is right now
Baby that's all I can give right now
Maybe that's just what it is right now," she repeated.

"I'm on the road
I've been in and out of time zones I
Keep missing your calls
You were sleeping by the time I got home
I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to hear me
I've been going," she let out, her voice cracking. She was not going to cry. She quickly shut her journal and blinked rapidly.

"Stop being a bitch," she muttered to herself. Her eyes went up to the clock in the room, the time reading 3:57am. That means it was 11:57am in London. Harry was up. She grabbed her phone from beside her and opened it, her finger quick to hit the Face Time button. She pressed "mi amor," and within ten seconds, Harry had answered.

"Go to sleep," he immediately said, Selene rolling her eyes. "I can't. Don't you think I would've tried before I called you?" she remarked. Harry lowered his phone from his face to show his hand over his heart.

"That hurt Le," he said dramatically, Selene laughing. He smiled at the sound of it, the singer removing his hand. "Seriously though, what's wrong baby?"

She shrugged. "I just can't go to sleep. I miss you," she said softly. His eyes softened.

"Do you want me to stay in the phone until you go to sleep?" he asked.

"I don't want to keep you for too long-"

Harry cut her off. "I'm not going into the studio until later. It's okay."

"Okay. I just have to get something from the kitchen real quick," she muttered as she stood up, the guitarist heading to the door.

"How many songs did you write today?" Harry asked. She opened the door and walked out, the woman turning to close it.

"Three in a half I think. I just wrote one before I called you," she answered.

"What is it about?"

She smiled as she turned on the kitchen light and set the phone down. "Not telling you." Selene grabbed the almond milk from the refrigerator, Harry watching quietly. She then moved to the left to grab a mug. Harry smiled as he realized what she was doing. Making warm milk. He had never understood why she always did it when she couldn't sleep but, it was always adorable to him when she was focused.

She set the cup down on the counter and poured the milk to just below the brim. She picked it up with both hands and then set it in the microwave. She pressed a minute, and then leaned on the counter.

"I never understood why you did that," he said, his tone as if he was asking a question.

"Uh, I think it's one of the things I remember my mom doing when I was young and couldn't sleep. I don't know... I think it just grew on me as I got older," she explained.

It was quiet between the two, the only sound being from the microwave since Selene didn't want to make much noise. The microwave beeped once it was done, Selene grimacing and and hurrying to turn it off. She put on a oven mitten and grabbed the milk, her other hand grabbing the phone.

Harry's eyes remained on her through the screen as she walked quickly back to her room. Once she was in, she closed the door with her foot and set the cup on the nightstand. The hazel eyed woman then propped the phone up using the lamp.

She grabbed the cup and sipped the milk. "You know, it's the same for me," Harry said, Selene furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's the same?"

"Not being able to sleep. Your spot is empty and I already miss you Le. That's why my studio sessions are late. Because I usually end up staying up all night."

"Harry... Why won't you call when that happens?"

He shrugged. "Because your working on your first Ep that your happy with. I don't want to bother you while your in the studio. The only reason I called earlier while you were working was because of time zones," he explained.

She set the cup down and laid down— the guitarist pulling the covers over her body. "How's Caden?" she asked, Harry smiling.

"He's good. He likes to run around downstairs and in the backyard. When I was in the pool yesterday, he jumped in and swam," he told, Selene smiling as she closed her eyes.

"Mitch was a bit sad that he didn't get Caden this time though."

Selene laughed. "He's going to have to get Caden next week. Tell him that he'll be fine."

As Harry talked more, Selene found herself drifting off to sleep. His voice was soothing. Harry didn't even realized until he looked at the screen closely, watching as Selene laid with her arm over face, her body cuddled into itself. He smiled softly.

"Le?"

No response. "Okay, Goodnight Le. I miss you and I..." he trailed off. He wasn't going to say it yet. "Uh, I'll see you in a few days."

a/n
wait i kinda like this chapter
how are y'all?
dms are always open
insta: shebookhs
also, harry starts filming tomorrow!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
1.1M 38.1K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
960K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.