Clockwork Angel's (DISCONTINU...

By PaperBagBoi_

Nineteen century England was a large place for anyone. The Pines Twins were sent to England after their paren... More

Clock
Trapped
P R I S O N E R S
What happened?
Stay
Back to Annebeth's
Cracking the code
Powers of an Angel
Rescue misson?
The Key to the Gear Heart
Haunted
Angel's Blood
Who would do this?
Healing
Awake
A package
Past
Almost Eaten

Letter

620 47 8
By PaperBagBoi_

Pov Dipper

Mabel and I were given different rooms across the hall from each other. It's been a few days. I still didn't know who to feel with everything. Why do so many people want us?

The first person I befriended isn't even giving me eye contact anymore. Did I scare her too much? I didn't know what I was doing! It just happened.

I heard a gentle knock on my door and I went to open it. I saw Mabel with some ink and paper in her hands.

"Do you have a table in here by any chance?" Mabel asked.
"I have a chair and the dresser?" I told her.
"That will do just fine," Mabel smiled.

Mabel entered my room and I quickly closed the door. I sit down and waited Mabel to finish writing her letter. I knew what it was about, but I don't think they'll allow us to send it.

"Dipper?" Mabel muttered, "Do you think this looks good?"
I picked it up and read it out loud, "My dearest Pacifica, I apologize for not answering your letters from months ago. I will not be able to see your letters that you've written. My heart aches that I won't be able to return the letters for sometime. Something has come up and we won't be at the shop for sometime. I'm safe and we'll. I hope you get this in good health and satisfaction. Sincerely, Mabel Pines <3"
"So?" Mabel asked.
"You did great," I smiled, "They'll have to let you send it."
"You think?" Mabel smiled.
"Yes,"

Mabel quickly stood up only to tear her dress with the chair. Mabel frowned and looked at me before stomping her foot on the ground.

"Bloody hell!"
"It's okay," I tried to claim her down, "We can fix it!"
"And with what?" Mabel asked me.
"We need a needle and thread," I pointed out.
"I know that, but where would we find that?" Mabel groaned.
"I don't know, but we can ask someone," I suggested.

Mabel and I wondered around the halls until we saw a maid.

"Pardon me?" I muttered.
"What may I do you for?" She smiled.
"In any chance can you led me a needle and some thread?" Dipper asked.
"Did something rip? I can fix it right up for you if you like," She offered.
"No, thank you. I can do it myself," I smiled.
"Follow me,"

Mabel and I followed her and she gave us the needle and thread. We both thanked her and she was off. I put the thread into the needle and kneeled down to fix her dress.

"Do you think that we should help around here?" Mabel asked, "Since we are staying."
"W-We can, but they probably won't let us," I answered, "Marilyn wants us to be safe and not do anything."
"That's plain," Mabel groaned, "I miss fixing clockwork and other things."
"I know, I know, but the more we listen," I said, "The less likely we'll be in danger."

I finished and Mabel smiled softly. We left the room and we saw another maid with lots of plates. She was close to falling.

"Ah!"
Mabel caught a few plates, "Careful!"
"I'm sorry," She said, "There just so many."
"May we assist you?" I asked.
"Please!" She asked.

Mabel and I grabbed a few plates from her and we walked with her. We can deal with the letter later.

"My name is Mabel," Mabel grinned.
"Dipper," I smiled.
"My name is Angela," Her smile was wider than ours, "When did you start working here?"

Mabel and I looked at each other because we didn't know what to say. We don't know what we are here for... We're just here for protection, but it's against our will.

"Sorry ma'am, but we don't work here," Mabel said.
Her face turned bright red, "You must be guest! Please except my greatest apology! I didn't mean to bother you, please don't tell Mrs.-"
"You don't have to be sorry! I don't think we're just here as guest either we're kind of here against our well," I explained.
"You don't have to be sorry," Mabel told her.
"I'm just-" Angela's face was settling down, "Flustered."
"We don't mind helpin," Mabel chuckled, "We usually do work like this too but with mechanics."
" A woman doing mechanics that's impossible!" Angela exclaimed.
"It's not impossible! My brother and I run a shop and we fix clockwork and anything with gears and machinery," Mabel told her.
"Do you really?" Her face lit up in curiosity she wanted to know more about our simple lives, " is it really true about the mechanics?"
"Yes, we own a lovely shop where we fix clocks and anything that we can. Mabel helps a lot and she's even fix them on her own without my help," I explained.
"Really? That's marvelous! I've never known of a woman doing those type of things like a man," Angela said.
"The people who raised me taught me that I can do anything as long as I put the strength to do it, to both of us," Mabel smiled.
"I get flustered by saying this but," I started to turn red, "I know how to sew, cook, and clean like any other woman. I enjoy doing those things and I enjoy reading and writing very much."

We chatted until we made it to the kitchen. We heard someone panicking.

"I'm going to get fired!" An older gentleman cried.
"Fredrick, what's the matter?" Angela asked.
"Joan has told that she will be visiting her grandmother all the way in America. She won't return for a few months because she's very ill! I do not know how to cook and they have put me in charge of it," Frederick rambled, "In all bloody hell why put me in charge of this!?"
"I know you can do it I believing you!" Angela said.
"I cannot!" Frederick sat down and cried, "Can you cook, Angela?"
"Heavens no," Angela laughed, "I can make simple sweet, but full course meals? No."
"Who are you?" Frederick asked.
"These are Mabel and Dipper," She introduced us.
"By any chance do you know how to cook?" Frederick jokingly asked.
"I-I can..." I muttered, "How many people are eating?"
"Nine people," Frederick answered.
"I'll get started and do they want something sweet afterwards," I asked.
"Yes,"

Angela asked Mabel if she wanted to help her with something in another room. Mabel agreed and left with her. Frederick looked at me and thanked me for helping.

I started to make beef stew with potatoes and carrots and biscuits. Ms. Thompson used to make this during the winter. I just miss her cooking at times. I made a few side dishes like roasted red potatoes, fresh salad, and pasta.

I haven't made anything in a while and I felt at home doing this. Frederick tried everything and he adored it. Frederick started to bring out the food for the people. I was making the sticky toffee pudding for dessert which I loved.

I felt time go by and I would see Frederick enter and exit the kitchen.  I added some cinnamon because I enjoy it. Frederick served the pudding and I smiled softly.

"Bless your soul," Frederick smiled, "I'm thankful for your help."

He quickly left. I noticed that I still had left over from the stew and I didn't want it to go to waste. Let it simmer before I could ask what to do to the left overs. I tasted my own stew and I could say I've happy with it.

I started to clean up the mess. I hear the door open and I see Bill.

"Pinetree... what are you doing here?"

I froze as I looked at him. I didn't know what to do, but I'm confused about what it called me. Pinetree?

"P-Pinetree?" I questioned.
"Oh um," I could see a light blush appear on his face, "It's a simple name I've given you."
"Why Pinetree?" I asked.
"Where did Joan go?" He refused to answer, "Did she leave for moment?"
"You haven't heard? She isn't here today or for a few months," I explained, "I thought everyone knew."
"I wasn't aware," Bill told me.
"Is something the matter?" I asked him.
"Nothing, I often help Joan with cleaning the pots and pans she used," He shared.
"How sweet of you," I smiled.

He looked away and I grabbed a spoon.

"Can you taste this for me?"

Something was telling that he needed to stay for a bit longer. Like it was life or death... Bill looked at me oddly as he walked over towards me.

"You didn't taste it before letting Frederick take it?" Bill questioned me.
"No! It's not that," I muttered, "I've had this many times and I just need someone new to try."
"Alright," Bill was hesitant.

I gave him some stew and fed it to him. His eyes lit up and he looked at me.

"This is wonderful,"
"Nothing wrong?" I asked.
"Perfect," Bill said.

Third Person

Mabel and Angela were finally coming back from where ever they were. Meanwhile, Dipper made Bill a plate as they talked. It was simple chatter from two different people.

Bill didn't noticed that he was eating in the kitchen with Dipper. They were just talking to each other peaceful.

"You owned a shop?" Bill muttered.
"Yes, but it wasn't mine at first," Dipper told Bill, "It belonged to the couple that raised us."
"Ah, that makes sense," Bill said.

Dipper started to eat the toffee pudding he made and Bill kept staring at it.

"What's the matter?" Dipper asked.
"What it is?" Bill questioned.
"Toffee pudding?" Dipper mumbled.
"I've never been fond of those," Bill shared, "I've never liked it because it's awfully sweet."
"Seriously? Well, the way I make it," Dipper took a bite, "It's never extremely sweet."
"Ummm..." Bill wasn't sure if that should be trusted.
"Try some," Dipper said.
"I'm not sure," Bill muttered.
"I promise it isn't as sweet," Dipper promised him.
"Alright than," Bill sighed.

Fredrick opened the door and was about to say something, but than realized something. He softly closed the door.

"Stop being a baby," Dipper told him.
"I'm doing it," Bill groaned.

Frederick had witness Bill eating Toffee Pudding. That was something that he's never seen before.

"It's good," Bill muttered.
"See," Dipper smiled.

All of a sudden Mabel and Angela came inside the kitchen. Angela quickly went from giggles to serious in a matter of seconds.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Angela asked.
"No thank you," Bill answered.
"Dipper, did you know if Marilyn is there?" Mabel asked.
"I don't know," Dipper answered.
"She is." Bill answered, "Is there something you wish to tell her?"
"I wanted to ask if I can mail something," Mabel explained, "I didn't give any details about where we are. I made something up so they wouldn't be worried."
"I can hand it to her if you want? She's having dinner and I have to talk to her either way," Bill offered.
"Thank you so much," Mabel smiled.

Bill placed the letter in his pocket and Frederick was called once again.

Time passed and everyone was where they were suppose to be. Bill and Will was in a meeting room waiting for Marilyn. When she finally arrived they discussed a few things.

Before Bill left he gave her the letter that Mabel wanted to send out.

"What is this?" She asked.
"Mabel, was hoping if you can give her permission to send this letter out." Bill explained, "I looked it over and she made up some lie to them because she knew it wouldn't be sent other wise. I just need you to look over it as well so I can deliver it."
"I'll take care of everything," Marilyn smiled.
"Alright than," Bill said.

Bill quickly left the room to go to his own. When he left Marilyn looked at the folded letter. She looked at the fireplace and threw it in.

"I'm sorry Mabel," Marilyn muttered, "I can't let you sent anything..: They might find you."

The letter slowly burned. Marilyn never even opened it/ it turned into ash and disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.5K 17
((TOO LAZY TO EDIT)) (Y/n) (l/n) has lived in Gravity Falls forever, but moved away for a year to help out at her Grammy's the year the Pines twins...
123 2 6
(READ THE TAGS BEFORE READING, AND DO NOT TAKE THE MATURE WARNING LIGHTLY) A deal with a demon. A long list of lies. Broken promises. More dark and e...
20.7K 330 51
Years have passed and the Pines twins are ready to return home. As all things, Gravity Falls has changed in it's own ways, while much remained the sa...
96.9K 3.2K 20
Almost two years after the events that occurred as Gravity Falls, The Pines twin's return to their beloved town, untouched by time, not even weirdnes...