A New Beginning

By I_bring_crack

Water can take any form It can create and heal It can destroy and kill It can be calm and relaxed or it can... More

Crying Child
Nezuko
Makomo
Fox children
You passed!
Family
New mission
Her
Demons
Hashiras
Memories
Serpents
Enemies
Illusions
Stars
Quick (late) announcement
Free
Sabito
Past
Sanemi
Shinazugawas
Obanai
Urokodaki's kids
Secrets
Don't die Sabito, Iguro...
Oh Giyuu, I'll be with you still
Third Part & Questions
Good to see you again, Kyojuro

Tanjuro

3K 84 61
By I_bring_crack

" Are you sure you will be alright Giyuu? It's only been three days since you fainted"

"Yup! I'm alright Kaa-San needs to rest after all and Otou-San has gotten more sick, I will be fine and bring as much food and coal as I can!"

Kie gave her one last hug before Tanjuro and Giyuu headed inside the woods.

The walk there was quiet and comfortable for the most part, she still remembered the words that Tanjuro had said that night.

___

Giyuu stared back with wide eyes.
"I... How did Otou-San know his name?"

To which Tanjuro replied with a small smile, he set down the bowl in his hand on the small table next to the futon, only  to later wave Giyuu to follow him outside.

The place was quieter than usual and a little more warm as they sat down in the main room.

"You've been asleep for around 18 hours."

"18!--" she quietly whispered once the shock came through

"I'm... I'm so sorry"

"Don't be Giyuu, your health is what matters the most."

"R-right..." the silence loomed over once again as he went to grab the bowl from the other room.

She needed to gather her toughts about what she had seen, it had felt like years had passed by, and yet it was only mere hours.

Could this have been a blood demon art? Tanjiro's or maybe even mine's?
Her thoughts lingered.

"You probably want to know more about Muzan right?"

Her eyes followed the man's sound once again

"Yes, but I already know who he is, it's just..."

The man placed the bowl of Salmon Daikon in front of her which she proceeded to eat it on the get go.

"You should take some time thinking about what will you do next, you are only 7 after all."

He touched his forehead to where his scar used to be, before looking at the window leading to the forest

"You can tell me what you wish to know, every time we go to gather wood and charcoal, alright?"

___

"I ....I had a weird dream, it felt all to real and I tought that maybe, it might have been the future, or something like that, but some things had changed..."

She grabbed the coal while Tanjuro stopped chopping the wood, as a way to signal he was listening.

"... I was a boy... And my sister had died when I was 12. Someone else had taken me in, and tought me how to be a demon slayer, I've met a friend there that I lost to another demon soon after."She stopped for a moment, taking deep breath not to cry right now.

"Then I became a demon slayer... And one day I met Tanjiro, and Nezuko, but..."

She needed to take a small breath as Tanjuro gently patted on her back.

"Nezuko had been turned into a demon... And Tanjiro had to fight demons, and I- I didn't protect them well enough. So then Tanjiro turned into one and- And I- I- I." once again her tears had come undone, after many years of supressing emotions, realising everything you had been bottling up felt extremely pleasant.

"Its alright now, it wasn't your fault that they became demons."

"But...my bloodline, he said I had the power to turn someone into a demon. And I... I made him demon slayer. I let Nezuko live."

Those words made a stop in Tanjuro. Only to once again calm down the scared girl.

"Giyuu, your bloodline isn't what defines you, you shouldn't take the blame of your ancestors for something they did. Although you can make up for it."

"... Thank you Otou-San." She said, calming down from her hiccups and cries.

"Also, Otou-San. " she wiped her tears and snot with her haori before talking again.

"I- ... I want to. No, I need to start training, could you help me in that?"

___

After the care and love the Kamados had given her, she couldn't just leave out of nowhere.

But she still needed to save the others fate. Like Iguro, Muichiro and Sanemi.

Sure, their resolves had come from their tragic past, but that didn't mean she should just wait for tragedy to happen and then help.

So she trained.

Her body had become weaker due to having being changed into a girl.

The only explenation for it was the fact that she had used her mark far more than most of the other hunters, thus making her less weaker if she ever where to go back in time.

And yet that still didn't explain how fast they had taken her sister away unlike before. Or the fact that Tanjuro out of all people had been the one to take care of her.

"Maybe the blood demon art can only be affected once your memories get triggered by something incredibly meaningful in your past life."
Tanjuro sat down with her to eat the onigiris Kie had made.

"Mmm..." for the demon blood art to work unconsciously from the user.

"So, it could be that a small chain of events had started once I was born, maybe even before... All because of my blood demon art..."

If the past had already changed this much from the dream, then the possibilities of the others lives being affected could be endless.
She had to start early, the only way to save them.

-----

The training had fotten much harder after a year, but it didn't matter to Giyuu. Rather she welcomed it if it meant that she could save everyone, including her new family.

From morning to night, her training would consist of a mix between chores and workouts.

Once she was at the age of nine, her mastering in total concentracion breathing constant had come close to a quarter of what she was at 14.

Not much but still enough to at least defeat the hand demon. Hopefully.

"Sabito...."

Her memories of the young boy who had filled his life with colors after his sister had just been taken from him.

The Kamado's had given her a new meaning for sure. But Sabito felt different...

The way the 2 had started to bond was as if they had known each other for life.
The pain of losing him again would only bring her more despair in the end.

"I need to save Sabito..."

___

"Have you tought about when you should enter the final selection? "

Once again the only person that she had been able to trust with all her secrets along with getting to know more about how to kill Muzan had checked up on her.

"Yes...I was thinking that once I'm 12 that I should go"

"That is quite early don't you think so?"

I plan on surviving and then meet up with Sabito.

"It is... But I have to start faster than everyone, or at least most of them, if I want to save them." She took a bite of her salmon. ,"And also I'm a little older considering all of the years in my dream." Giyuu began to giggle as she ate her Salmon Daikon at ease.

Tanjuro could only smile back and pray in his mind that she didn't die in the process.

She knew it....

The demon slayer mark had appeared on her cheek after she had battled the bear in the forest.

Her mark was still there even after everything going back to before the time. So it just only meant one thing.

"I must have inherited from Otou-San."

The many times he had examined the dance and mimicked his movements, along with her training, she must have developed her strength and endurance to be good enough so that the mark could appear on her.

"It is quite worring considering there hasn't been a lot of information about how old you have to be for the mark to appear..."

She found herself starting to daydream more and more about what should she do to the point she even tripped when she headed to the village.

"I should probably focus more on my work before can even begin to think about killing demons."

The mark semmed to be smaller than what he had at 21. And also fainter.

It only showed a small droplet with a halfmoon crest on the side.

Once she had used her style to see how much power she had gained with the mark.

But there was nothing.

"Huh?! I tought it would have made me a least a little vit more stronger..."

She pouted for some time before gaining a posture and practicing again.

On the third week it had faded to only see the droplet.

And on the fourth there was nothing on her cheek anymore.

____________________________________________
Author notes:

Plot holes....plot holes everywhere *cue the toy story meme here*

Yes Tanjuro knows about the demons and the demon corps, but not as much since it was a story that was passed by the generation, it was bound to miss a lot of things out. Also Saburo's family got attacked so yeh.

The Kamados are such a gift to the world *checks the scrip* indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 833 28
Love for the slayers seems impossible; you'll never know when the other will die and leave you in the cruel world's wake. Watch Giyuu and Shinobu acc...
289K 5.2K 67
Shinobu is hoping one day she will find the person who saved her when she was a kid. This is my very first fanfic story Warning: Bad grammar, strong...
2.2K 30 19
⚠️IMPORTANT INFORMATION⚠️ - There will be no smut unfortunately. - This is my first written story so please don't attack me. - This is a Demon Slaye...
22.1K 730 51
"Don't lump me with those demons, I'm a fucking Half-ling" - Hanasaki Haru |~Half-ling, a half-blood of human beings with the light of heaven flowing...