Swear By the Moon β€’ BTS Mafia...

By hoeseokjin_

Y/n, a seemingly confident woman, finds herself at a casino one night. After a seemingly normal train of eve... More

-Roles-
-1-
- 2 -
- 3 -
-4-
-5-
- 6 -
- 7 -
-8-
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
π‘‡β„Žπ‘Žπ‘›π‘˜ π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
Author Update

- 23 -

2.2K 85 85
By hoeseokjin_

NARRATOR POV

{ bold & italics = mean Narrator speaking to the reader }

Yoongi glances at himself in the mirror for one last time, adjusting his tie.  The black and white suit elegantly plasters a sophisticated image to anyone that looks at him.  Who would've thought this day would come? He sighs and focuses back on his phone; notifications fill the screen.  Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung have left messages.  Yoongi lifts his device from the counter and checks Jin's texts,

Handsome Jin

Please hurry over here.  You're so slow, I swear.

With a groan, he locks his phone, tucking it into his suit.  Following Jin's orders, Yoongi sets out of his room and downstairs.  Pushing through the front door, he hops in his car, putting the keys in the ignition.  After buckling up, he prepares for the lonely ride to his destination.

~

Yoongi enters the building respectfully and gazes around the room.  The room has various people; they all sit with their heads down.  They sit quietly in the church pews, waiting for the event to start.  All remain silent as Yoongi walks to Namjoon, slides onto the church pew, and sits with him.  Namjoon looks at him, and Yoongi pats his back, "Hey, man.  How are you feeling?"

"Not too great, but I think I'll be okay," Namjoon says, laying his forehead on his palms, his elbows pointing at his knees.  Yoongi rubs his back, not knowing what else to say to comfort him.  He directs his attention to the center of the aisle and notices what everyone is attempting to ignore.  Their eyes avoid the front of the church out of pain in their hearts.  Now don't get me wrong, there are various people here from diverse backgrounds, but there aren't many strangers filling the room.  If you divide them into groups, there are around six medium-sized groups of people.

Anyway, back to the heart-wrenching sight at the front of the room.  Surrounded by flowers sits a beautiful portrait of Y/n in -debatably- her peak beauty in life.  Yoongi's eyes drop immediately, not daring to look, following the examples around him.  Yes, who would imagine a day such as this?

A sad silence hangs in the air as they await the arrival of a minister to share blessings and memories of the "glorious" life -and death- of young Y/n. As if on cue, the minister approaches the front of the room.  He takes his place at the podium and clears his throat, "Good day, everyone.  I want to start us out today with a prayer." Yoongi, a non-religious man, bows his head in prayer.

Everyone in the room says in unison, "Amen." Isn't it interesting how people can abandon their beliefs due to unfortunate occasions?  In my opinion, it is.  If you think about it, a man -or woman- in a difficult situation will occasionally pray to God, hoping he'll give them something in return for their righteous prayers, even if they aren't religious.  I think most people only ask things of God when they need something in return.  No one asks God how he feels or prays for world peace because that would be ridiculous right?  Although I pray to help myself occasionally, I think that is a bit unfair.  Anyway, let's move away from this topic of religion; it's not very nice to speak of.

Everyone lifts their heads, and the minister begins his speech on the importance of remembrance and thinking of Y/n in her brightest moments.  He sputters any other form of traditional funeral speech that you can think of that respectfully preserve the memories of our beloved Y/n. Then, he asks if anyone wants to speak of their relationship or treasured moments with her—a woman volunteers.

The poor lady walks up, depressed with age and grief.  Her shoulders are weighed down by a black shawl over a black dress.  She is older but still has a natural beauty, much like Y/n's.  She holds a tissue in her hand and steps up to the podium softly.  She speaks calmly, "I'd like to speak of some memories of Y/n.  My daughter was always a sweet girl.  Although she was troubled, she had so much love in her heart.  She would always come home from school and tell me about her day.  Even on the bad days, she would still take the time to talk to me.  I really should've appreciated her sweet voice when I used to hear it."

Y/n's mother begins to feel her eyes water again, her heart hurting just from the thought of her daughter.  Yoongi hears a slight sniffle to his left; he looks over and notices Jimin and Hoseok trying not to cry.  I know we all wish we could listen to her voice or talk to her again, he thinks to himself.  Looking back at his crush's mother, he listens intently.  "Sorry, everyone, it's hard to think my baby would be gone before me.  Ah- where was I?  Oh yes, ever since Y/n was little, she had a love for everything.  One of those things was music. She loved music so much that I think that was her passion," the woman says.  Yoongi freezes in his spot; Y/n liked music?

It is a little-known fact that Yoongi enjoys music a lot.  Despite his duties as Namjoon's right-hand man, his hobby is producing music.  Of course, the only people who know are Namjoon and Hoseok- Hoseok was nosey and decided to pop into his studio.  Much like Yoongi, Y/n also had a love for music.  It's too bad that they never got to have that conversation...

Yoongi frowns at this new information and looks at the floor.  'What right do I have to be grieving? What right do we even have?  We barely knew her...' he thinks to himself.  Y/n's mother continues talking about her daughter, and BTS listens quietly.  They can all feel the grief of her words; they relate to her appreciation for her daughter, probably because they loved her too.  Not as much as a mother's love for one of her daughters, but they sure did love many things about Y/n.  When Y/n's mother finishes speaking, most of the room is in tears.

Next, a beautiful woman walks to the podium; her hair is an unnatural brown that is curled.  Her black dress hugs her form, and she approaches the front slowly.  She begins, "I remember many things about my sister, but one of my favorite things about her was her confidence in tricky situations.  The last time I gambled with her, she was confident with the dice.  All the people we were against just kept handing her the money!"

Everyone chuckles to themselves, "She was smart but dumb simultaneously.  She was smart with money but very dumb with love.  I wish I could've taught her how to find love because I know she really wanted that." She looks down at her hands and smiles sadly, "I have many regrets, such as spending very little time with her, but I'll try to value our memories together."

She finds her seat, and the minister asks for a final person.  The church pew underneath Yoongi creaks, and he glances at the other members.  Jungkook is standing to speak.  What does he think he's doing?  Yoongi panics and thinks to himself.  The minister nods at Jungkook, and the handsome boy walks to the front of the room.  He looks up at the grieving people in front of him.

He starts, "I just wanted to start by saying that I knew Y/n for three months.  Despite that, I found myself falling in love with her.  She may not have loved me back, but I loved her so much.  Over the time that I've known her, I spoke to her a lot, and there's something that I noticed about her that I loved more than anything else.  I loved her personality.  To her, it didn't matter how long she knew you, she was still accepting, and she was kind to everyone.  She trusted everyone she met, which made her naive, but I'm thankful for it.  Without her being so trustworthy, I wouldn't have fallen in love with an angel like her.

"That's why whenever I was without her, I felt like there was a hole in my heart.  Y/n was the type of person to complete you. She made you feel like you needed her to feel alright.  At least that's how it is for me." After his monologue, he flushes and realizes that he confessed his love for Y/n to an entire room of strangers - and his hyungs.  If only she could've heard this, Jungkook thinks to himself.  He then bows and returns to his spot in the pews.  

The minister finishes off the funeral with more excerpts from the bible.  He reassures everyone in the room and reminds them of memories and love for Y/n.  Finally, he dismisses everyone, and the less-involved people in Y/n's life retreat to the post-funeral memorial service.  Three groups of people stay behind.  Y/n's close family, BTS, and EXO.  Yes, EXO did attend.  Believe it or not, they valued Y/n. Also, her loss was hard for them; they wanted closure.

After a respectful silence, EXO excuses themselves to go to Y/n's memorial service.  While BTS sits quietly, you can hear the soft sobs of Y/n's mother, sister, and father.  Minutes later, the familiar sound of high-heel clicks approaches them.  They notice Y/n's beloved mother.  Looking at Jungkook carefully, she starts, "Hello, I'm sorry I'm not properly introducing myself, but I know... is it true what you said?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replies with a slow nod, "every word."

"That's..." she smiles sadly, "wonderful.  I'm glad she had someone who loved her - other than the family." The men look away guiltily, knowing they didn't bring her into their home and live with her under the best circumstances.  It's not like she even wanted to be with them.

"Well, honestly, he isn't the only one that cared for your daughter," Jin reassures her nicely, "I favored her as well."

Jimin nods, "Me too."

Namjoon states, "I think we all cared about her very dearly, ma'am."

"Well, thank you.  I bet you brought her a lot of joy," she tells them, then leaves for the memorial service.  They all contemplate her words meaningfully.  Although what she said was true, they brought her sadness.  But, as things usually go, you regret what you have lost. 

~

Only

to be generous and

give it to you

once more.

But I'm wishing for something

I already have.

My generosity

to you

is as limitless as the sea,

and my love is as deep.

The more I love

I give you,

the more I have.

Both loves

are infinite."

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 1.5K 24
❝You can't escape, you can't run away, you can't hide yourself, because you're mine.❞ [in which you're forced to marry your kidnapper] β–ΊMafia AU β–ΊFor...
1.1M 43.3K 31
"I killed my entire family. Imagine what I could do to you." What scared me the most was how calmly he spoke as he continued to blow smoke out from...
246K 11.5K 69
"Girls are like bullets to me. I go through so many a day, and they all do as I say." Lee Seoyeon is arguably the most spoilt girl in Korea, deriving...
126K 3.3K 18
"You complete us y/n" How can someone who is dead be alive? She encountered a lot of traumas, pretending was her specialty how so? Come find it out...