The Rose of Lancaster | The...

Por wildroses05

-𝑂𝑛𝑙𝑦 π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑒𝑛𝑑 π‘œπ‘“ 𝑖𝑑 π‘Žπ‘™π‘™- It's the year 1466 and King Edward I... MΓ‘s

Cast
Prologue
Captured
The New Queen
A Feast for Victory
Winter Sunsets
And as the years go by
By our will, you both shall die
What is true, what is not?
A storm is brewing
The loss of one so innocent
The Bad Queen
Now the battle begins
Vows
The landing of the Red rose
Airs of mist
Reunited
Little Prince
What I need
The Last attack
And to peace
Anne
Ghosts
Trouble and mindless pleasure
The Yew Garden
The Hunt
To escape a Duke
From this day Forth
Fortune's wheel
Middleham
Time and chance
Edmund
The Darkness of Shadows
For my sake
Another War
Old Curses
Life and Death
Treason
My Heart is in Pieces
Terrors of the Subconscious Mind
A Fool's Death
O, Amari
Nothing, if not Family
And so Sets the Sun in Splendour
Interception and Dejection
To Negotiate with a King
Deeds of Death
Dreamer of Dreams
Checkmate
The Righteous Usurpers
Blood and Betrayal
Time after Time
Marian, by the Grace of God
Those who are Loyal
Sweet Child of Mine
For Your Own Good
Three Sons of York
Pleasure in Paradise
Memento Mori
Bittersweet
Call to Arms
Harry
So Close, So Far Apart
The Princes in the Tower
Sanctuary
Eternal Curses
The Arrival
Roses were Red
Unbeknown to Most
The Final Goodbye
Come Back To Me
Halls of Whispers
For I Am All Alone
Where my Heart Lies
Demons of Paradise
Broken are the Beautiful
Love Conquers All
Honour and Glory
The Final Battle
The Story Continues...
The Rose of Lancaster Playlist

Return to Westminster

2.1K 70 5
Por wildroses05

December 1469...

After Edward's return, the York's and Marian quickly made their way back to Westminster palace. Christmas was just around the corner but there had been a disagreement between the King and Queen.
Instead of executing Warwick, Edward had promised Princess Elizabeth in marriage to his nephew who he had also made the Duke of Bedford. Elizabeth had sworn that Lizzie would never marry Warwick's nephew and Marian also swore to do everything she could to prevent little Lizzie from having to go through with this arrangement. Still, Christmas was one of her favourite times of year and she was determined to be merry...

༒༒༒

Marian walked down the stairs, the small train of her light blue dress flowing behind her, and hearing the sound of hooves on cobble, went to join Elizabeth and Jaquetta at who were standing by one of the windows

"They're coming here for Christmas..." Jaquetta said
"Who is?" Marian asked as she peered over the Queens shoulder. It was the Nevilles and George. She inhaled sharply "Have they no shame? You are not even out of mourning! Maybe with them close to us our curse can do it's work?"
"Yes...that may help" the Queen said quietly "I shall make Isabel and Anne my ladies in waiting." And with that she turned and headed off down the corridor towards her chambers while Jaquetta and Marian stayed, waiting anxiously to see what would happen next.

Edward and Richard appeared at the top of the steps, Edward slowly walking down them, Richard remaining by the door.
"Welcome to Court. Warwick, George. The prodigals return" the King said stonily
Marian took Jaquetta's hand, knowing how much pain the situation must be causing her.

However, Edward suddenly embraced Warwick and then his brother, Lady Rivers turned away and walked away in the direction the Queen had taken, not being able to watch the reunion any longer. Marian followed her, her anger rising with each step she took.

As she entered the Queens rooms she found Elizabeth sitting on her throne, Jaquetta beside her. Marian curtseyed and went to stand at the other side.
"I have commanded that Countess Warwick and her daughters have an audience with me. They shall know who commands their fates by the time I am finished" Elizabeth spoke with a fierce determination, anger surging through her veins.

The large doors opened and a servant stepped through
"The Countess of Warwick and her daughters Lady Isabel, Duchess of Clarence and Lady Anne" The servant bowed and moved aside and the three 'guests' entered the room, all looking slightly afraid.
"Your grace" the countess said, sweeping into a low curtsey, her daughters following suit. "Lady Rivers..."

Jaquetta stared on ahead, not acknowledging their presence. "I am sorry for your loss"
"By which you mean the brutal slaying of the Queen's father and brother who were innocent of any crime in all their lives and merely obedient to their Lord and King?" said Marian, glaring at Countess Warwick.
"In the fortunes of war" the woman began
"It was not war" Elizabeth hissed "This was no honourable death on a battlefield, it was murder and it was treason in the eyes of God and man."
"Your grace..."
"Be quiet" the Queen ordered.

A nearby candle blew out as she spoke the words, causing the three Neville women to glance at each other nervously.
"Your grace I must return to my Lord and husband"
"You will go whenever I command it, countess Warwick" Elizabeth stood up "and all of you will dance to whatever tune I sing!" She swept out of the room, Marian and Jaquetta following closely behind her.

The sound of music filled their ears as they approached the great hall, the Christmas celebrations were in full swing.
As Elizabeth entered the room, the music stopped and everyone curtseyed or bowed to the Queen.

"Would you like to dance, dear sister?" Anthony asked as Elizabeth walked up to him
"No thank you, Anthony..."
She nodded and the festivities continued. Marian glanced around the room which was sumptuously decorated and saw the countess enter with her daughters, heading straight for Lord Warwick. She had to admit, she felt sorry for Isabel and Anne.

After all, what control had they over their fathers actions? They looked rather lost as couples danced around them and friends shared happy conversations, laughing and joking
'Perhaps I should go and speak to them?' She wondered. She knew Elizabeth would most likely disapprove but she decided to dare the Queens disapproval and started to walk in the direction of the Neville girls, who were now huddled in one of the corners together.

As she approached Anne and Isabel both looked up and greeted her with small, worried, smiles.
"Lady Marian" Isabel said, nodding her head slightly
"Lady Isabel, Lady Anne" Marian said, nodding her head back "I hope you will find it pleasant to be back at court" both girls looked rather shocked at her attempting to make conversation but replied all the same
"Thank you, we think it shall take some getting used to since we have been away for so long but we hope that we shall find a home here again" Isabel said
"I'm sure you shall" Marian said with a smile "I have rather missed your presence" that wasn't true. That wasn't true at all.

Both girls had usually acted so coldly towards Marian that she had been rather pleased when they had left but she decided to try and raise their spirits a little and she succeeded as she saw a large smile spread across little Anne's face and Isabel smile also.

After a moment Anne leaned into her sister and whispered something into her ear. Isabel nodded and looked at Marian again
"Lady Marian, my sister and I were wondering if you would join us for lunch tomorrow?"
Marian smiled at the sisters
"I would be delighted" she replied.

Suddenly she felt someone rush past her and realised it was Lady Rivers. Marian quickly looked over to the Queen who was glaring murderously at Lord Warwick who appeared to have approached her with Duchess Cecily (the kings mother). Marian watched the exchange between them before seeing the Queen stand from her throne and walk away, past Marian, as her mother had done.

"Excuse me" Marian said to the two girls before heading after the Queen. She managed to catch up to her in the hallway.
"What is it, Elizabeth? What has happened?"
"It is Warwick. He-he, oh I do not want to speak of it!" She stopped and turned to Marian "why were you speaking to the Neville girls, Marian?"
"I felt sorry for them" she replied truthfully. The Queen nodded her head slightly.
"Even I must admit I feel a twinge of pity for them, to have a father such as that- I could not bear it"
"T-they have invited me to take lunch with them tomorrow"
"You may go" the Queen answered after hesitating
"Thank you, Elizabeth"

The Queen was on the verge of walking down the hallway again but stopped.
"Now that I think of it, perhaps it could work to our advantage if you were to form a friendship with Isabel and Anne."
"How so?" Marian enquired, raising an eyebrow
"I am sure that if you were to grow close to them they would confide in you, tell you of their fathers plans perhaps...or if not you may be able to coax it out of them..."
"Elizabeth! So I am to trick them into believing that I am their friend?"
"Not if you don't want to, you know I shall disapprove as will my mother, but if you want to form a true friendship with the Neville girls then I won't forbid it. I only ask that you transfer any information that they tell you to me."
Marian nodded and the Queen gave her a small smile "Now, go back to the festivities, my dear. I need to see Edward"

The Queen smiled again and headed off towards Edward's study while Marian walked back to the great hall and sat down at one of the long tables. A cough from behind her made her look up.

"A dance, my lady?" It was Richard
"I would be honoured, my lord" Marian replied with mock formality, a smile forming on her face.
Taking her hand in his, Richard lead Marian to where the other couples were dancing and began to spin her round.

"Careful, Richard! You may drop me!" She teased
"I would never!" He retorted, Marian laughed and let Richard spin her again before he snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.
"Is this entirely proper, my lord?" She whispered
"I'm not sure I care if it is or if it isn't" he replied "all that matters is that I am dancing with the most beautiful girl in the palace"
"Now I am sure you are jesting with me!"
"I am telling no lies! I do swear it."
Marian laughed and felt her heart flutter at his words.

The music finally ended but Richard didn't let go of Marian, he kept hold of her hand.
"Come with me" he said softly before leading her out of the hall and down the corridor
"This situation seems familiar!" Marian remarked, laughing a little "ahh yes, I remember! This happened when we first met! Are you going to look for my dagger again?" Richard remained silent, keeping his grip on her hand "Richard... where are we going?"
"You'll see" he said, turning his head for a moment to smile at her.

Eventually they reached a small door and Richard pushed it open, pulling Marian inside with him before shutting the door behind them.
"Now close your eyes" he said
"Richard..."
"Just do it, Marian" he sighed, laughing.

Rolling her eyes in false annoyance she shut them and waited. She heard Richard walk a few paces away and heard the rustle of blankets before Richards footsteps headed back in her direction.
"Now...open"
Marian's eyes flew open to see Richard standing before her, a wolfhound puppy with a soft grey coat and large dark eyes sat in his arms, staring up at her"

"Oh my, Richard...is it for me?" She asked, only half believing her eyes.
"Yes, I recall one time, you told me that you used to have wolfhounds as a child, your mother even had one named after my father if I remember correctly!"

Marian squealed in excitement before scooping the pup up into her arms and holding it tight.
"Thank you! Thank you so much!" She cried "oh, I didn't get anything for you!"
"It is of no matter, seeing you happy is enough for me"
Before Richard could say another word, Marian darted forward and pressed her lips against his for a few moments before pulling back
"How's that for your present?" She asked. Richard blushed a deep shade of red
"I-I liked it very much...thank you"

Marian chuckled and sat down in the middle of the room, setting her new wolfhound down in front of her.
"Now what shall I name you?" She said, stroking its ears. She turned to Richard who was sitting down next to her, "he or she?"
"He" he answered
"Hmmm maybe Warwick then! Or perhaps George or..."
"Marian!" Richard laughed
"Alright alright then, I shall name you...Percival after Sir Percival, one of the great King Arthur's knights of the round table but I think I shall call you Percy for short!"

Richard had first shown her a book on the knights of the round table about a year after her first arrival at court and she had loved it! He had taught her all the names of the knights and the great deeds they had performed, how many damsels in distress they had rescued and how they had fought by their kings side etc etc. He had told Marian that he wanted to be just like one of those knights one day, fighting by his King's side.

Smiling softly, Marian picked up Percy and leant against Richard who put his arm around her, gently squeezing her shoulder. She closed her eyes, wanting everything to stay the way it was in that moment, peaceful. Feeling her eyelids begin to droop, Marian let herself lean against Richard even more and he rested his head atop hers. She was happy.

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

Buried Roses Por Stephanie Winter

FicciΓ³n histΓ³rica

40.1K 2K 36
Grace, the illegitimate daughter of Edward IV, finds her life turned upside down when he dies and her family flees into sanctuary when her uncle take...
110K 4.6K 96
~π•­π–Šπ–™π–—π–†π–žπ–†π–‘ π–Žπ–˜ π–”π–“π–‘π–ž π–™π–π–Š π–‡π–Šπ–Œπ–Žπ–“π–“π–Žπ–“π–Œ~ Born the youngest daughter of Charles I, Duke of Bourbon, Constance of Bourbon grows up am...
84K 5.6K 84
After being ignored for years by the small town she grew up in, Adelaide decides it's time to start fresh somewhere else as someone else. Fed up with...