Soulmate to the mafia don

By hopeful_soul

Valerie Gunnar was a simple girl. She liked reading, she was a fiery fighter and she was a total smart mouth... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33

Chapter - 27

6K 116 6
By hopeful_soul

A small whimper left me, the memories of something so similar happening before haunting my mind as I cried out softly. Ouch! It bloody hurts!

A shot rang out, a cry rising from above me as a man fell down. I scampered away. My back hit the back of something, my wide frantic eyes snapping up. Please don't let it be one of them!

I looked up, hasty and scared, relief washing over as I saw it was Darius. He pulled me up and behind him, snarling viciously and shooting the other two in their legs.

"You fuckers!! How fucking dare you! Zachery! Hunter! Be quick or I'll fucking kill you!" The two men hurried back, their eyes taking in the scene and quickly connecting as they looked at my scared face.

"Bastards!!" Zach hissed, coming in and punching the first guy that was in front of him.

"I'm taking my woman upstairs. But before that," A dagger was in his hand before I knew and a minute later, the floor was filled with the sounds of three men crying and cursing in pain. Missing one finger each. "A lesson and a preview for what's to come. I was planning on going a little lenient since you three were little egoistic teens, but now that I see you haven't changed," he chuckled savagely, the three men cowering, "You're going to see the reason why people fear me. Apologize to her. Now!"

"I-I'm sorry Valerie."

"S-SO s-sor-ry V-Valerie."

"I-I apolog-gize. S-Sorr-ry!"

Now wanting to look at them, I turn to Darius, hoping he'll just come up. I was going either way. He picked me up, my head resting on his shoulder, not fighting him this time.

"Zach?" I whispered softly, looking at him when we were just about to leave the cell. He looked up, alert eyes catching mine. "Hurt them." I whispered, a pleading vengeful expression on my face.

His face twisted into that of Regio's right hand man.

"Your wish is my command Regina. Do not worry. Their yells will be heard even when you next wake up." Hunter nodded from beside him, holding Ethan down by his neck and pressing till he turned blue.

We left not a second later, my state drowsy as we travelled up the elevator.

He slowly put me down once we were back in the room, moving away after kissing my forehead. My eyebrows furrowed, my eyes half-shut now open as I looked at him standing in the balcony with his hands behind his back, a military stance of sorts radiating from him. Was he not coming in?

"Darius?" I croaked out, my voice perhaps not audible since he did not turn. I got up, talking small steps towards him till I was right behind his back. "What's wrong? Why do you look so tense?" I asked lowly, worried.

"I have never seen you look so worried. So fucking vulnerable. It angers me." Okay. Ouch.

"Me being weak angers you!? That's so unfair! Everyone is scared of something. So what if I cower a little from my past? I don't like to relive it! What is so wrong in that!?" I speak heatedly, my voice going high with every word. I'm going to kill him!

He turned around and pinned me with his gaze, the insults I was about to hurl at him dying down in my throat. Uh-oh.

"It's the fact that I couldn't help you back then that angers me Valerie, not you! Why ever would you think that?" He speaks evenly, pulling me beside him. Maybe I won't kill him.

"Oh."

"You," He spoke frostily, his finger trailing from my eyes to neck and then back up, "My little one have an illogical mind." I looked up at him, grinning like a maniac that enjoyed being tortured. Speaking of torture.

"Can I have a gun?" I question, looking up at him seriously. He raises his one brow briefly, my sudden question taking him by surprise.

"Of course you can. You can pick your choice tomorrow from the armory. That reminds me... When do you want to start training again? I haven't had the chance to teach you to work weapons either. Guns you are familiar with, daggers and other you aren't." He murmured, probably thinking about something.

Walking towards the railing, I rest my hands on it, looking out towards the vast land that no doubt belonged to him. Just like the rest of the city that was glittering in the distance.

"What are you thinking little warrior?" He asked, trapping me as his hands come to rest on either side of me. I smile, loving the way he softly breathed down my neck.

"Nothing. Darius?" He hums, kissing around me neck lovingly. "How do you do it?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"You have," I gesture towards the scene ahead of me astonishingly, "All this. The whole country in your fist. How the hell do you manage all of this? How do you not go crazy?"

He laughs softly, pressing his back into me. "I have men all around the world taking care of my business. All I have to do is look over, supervise, correct and suggest. You just need to balance and not let it take over your mind. It's all in your mind." He muttered, tapping the side of my head.

"You're so strong." I murmur, turning around and hugging him. He laughs, wrapping his hands around me and kissing the top of my head.

"Looks like the lack of sleep is getting to you Val. Let's get you in."

"Do you want to know something?" I ask, a little drowsy.

"Yes?"

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I murmured, kissing his cheek.

"Despite the violence?" He asked, looking at me uncertainly.

"I've found peace in your violence." I whisper, cupping his sculpted jaw lovingly and looking him deep in his eyes, letting every wall drop, "I can only hope you found peace in mine."

"I've found my everything in you my little warrior. Things that I didn't even know existed." I smile up at him, kissing him softly, my eyes half shut. "Sleep my little one."

I nod, falling prey to the darkness and a thing we call love.

*

"Relax your shoulders. No, don't slump like you're giving up. Not that way either, that'll limit your movements. Stop holding the knife so tightly, not that loose Valerie! It'll fly out of your hands like that!"

I am not very good with daggers as you can tell.

"Okay now, swipe." Darius stated, a small pocket knife in his hand while I had one of the impressive ones.

I may have made a bet. I wasn't too sure about winning it now though.

I started circling, thinking of where I could hit him while I assume he did the same. I pulled the dagger up to my face, covering myself with it as I looked up, my one hand out front to stop any sudden attacks. Darius in turn, was completely relaxed. Not even holding the knife in the attacking position.

Cocky bastard. I'll show him. I took a step ahead, kind of getting scared when he did the same, a hint of malicious glint in his eyes as he taunted me.

Swiping the dagger out, I watch him duck, easily dodging me. I continue lashing out, knowing one of it will hit him. His hand instead of attacking back hits my arm, turning it and snatching the dagger out of my hand and throwing it away.

And just like that I had nothing.

I try to do the same, hoping we could get even but my hope is rained upon when instead of hitting his arm my hand hits empty air and a second later my back was pinned to his front, the small knife in his hand on the verge of digging into my throat.

"This isn't fair!" I stated, thrashing around carefully, trying not to make much contact with the sharp small blade on my throat. "You're way too fast and strong for me." I gritted displeased, trying to push my hands that were trapped, up to get them free.

"Then you better fight me so that you can match it little warrior." He breathed in my ear, chuckling as I stopped short for a moment because of it. Damn you hormones!

"I asked you to train me not keep me pinned!"

"Get out of it. It's simple. Instead of moving futilely and wasting your energy, think and then act."

Reluctantly I did as I was told, knowing he was right. I went limp for just a second, my mind connecting quick. Legs. I brought my leg up and then slammed back, kicking his kneecap, hoping I didn't hurt him too bad when a huff of breath left him.

"Alright. That works as well." He muttered, straightening up. I grinned, silently asking if he was okay. Nodding, he continues, the knife in his hand drawn back a little, ready to attack. It was crazy really.

There he was, the most strongest of men, a knife in his hand while I was defenseless, fighting the said man. He could loose control for just a moment and I could die. He could get just a little aggressive, the control he had such a tight hold off could slip for just the barest of second and my neck would be severed from the viciousness that he held in, he rarely let loose of.

Yet, I was calm, I was enjoying even.

I mused to myself what a silly thing trust was. And how much it could get you in trouble. My eyes drifted to his slightly jumping form, circling me and reluctantly, my mind added to the thought- And how much it makes you feel safe. At home.

Come on Valerie! You're fighting. Stop being so mushy.

Snapping out, I duck as he starts attacking, his hands and legs coming from literally anywhere, making it hard to keep up. The knife grazed my thigh, the blade turned around so as to not injure me but just show what he could've done. Dammit!

Gritting my teeth, I jump back, trying to put my everything in defense.

5 minutes later, I was tired with sweat running down my forehead and into my eyes, partially blinding me. Darn it.

He had noticed it, his lazy smirk now cruel as he attacked with renewed force.

"How?" I started panting, jumping from his swiping hand, "Are you not bloody tired?"

"Training little one. I've fought for hours. I can go on all day. I enjoy this." He stated, jumping on his toes, not a single drop of sweat visible on his body. How!!!??

"You're not even winded Darius! I can't fight you!" I whine, still on defense. I can't attack him! This is ridiculous. I ducked down and went down his hand, my front to his back and taking the opportunity. I try to choke him, having to jump to get a hold of his neck because of his looming height.

"You're getting desperate little warrior. I have a knife in my hand. Your hand would've been cut off right around now. Remember the basics. Don't loose your cool." He reprimanded, digging the knife in me just enough to make me let go.

I look down, seeing a blunt line on my hand from the blunt edge of the knife. "Look past it Val, never look away from your opponent. Specially if they have a weapon in their hand." I nod, my legs shaking a little.

Instead of staying on defense, I decide to go crazy and attack. He was just tiring me this way.

I bend my knees, my fists clenching tight as I get ready to strike. I fake a kick, happy that the ruse worked, and punch him in his stomach, not holding back. His hand that had been relaxed suddenly darts out fast, hitting me on the side.

I bend at the contact, a huff of air leaving me as I wince. Okay, that was just a little forceful. The worse fact was that I knew it was controlled enough to just lightly tap me. I will never be able to match his strength.

I kick his shin, giving it my all just so that he'd fall. He falls back, his knee hitting the mat as I jump to the chance. I drop down as well, wrestling him for the knife. He roll around, his grip on it almost unshakable as I fight him for the piece of metal.

I am going to pry it out of him. No matter how bad it hurts.

I find myself under him, his smirking face blocking all other view as he tauntingly kisses me on the lips for the briefest of seconds and pushing my legs apart below me. Damn him. I punch him in the ribs, his hand faltering for just a second, my own snatching the blade out of his skillfully. Aha! Got it!

Smirking back at him, I buck my hips, trying to get him off of me. No luck. Instead of that, I pointed the newly acquired knife at him, holding it to his throat. When he doesn't stop pressing into me, I let the knife dig in just enough for a blunt line to appear. I had turned it of course. I'm not an idiot.

He surprises me when he actually pushes his throat down more, letting it dig in painfully. My eyes widen, a little worried and a lot more horrified. He was used to withstanding more pain than I thought. He smirks again, the cruel smirk pulling at my heartstrings, a second later my hand pressed on my neck.

He turns the knife quick, too controlled of his movements as he presses it down further.

Fuck!

I push up, trying to get him off me as I try to push his hand around mine off. Come on just loosen your damn hold a little.

Doesn't bloody work.

I pant after being stuck in the same routine for the next two minutes, my movements now sluggish. Too damn strong!

I drop my head down on the mat, giving up as I breathe through my mouth for air. Fuck I'm out of shape.

No. Actually I'm not. It's the bloody block of muscle above me that's too fucking strong and quick and experienced.

The fucker laughs from above me, my poor sweaty eyes opening with a lot of effort to look up at him.

"Tired?"

"Pff-huf-tt." Was my intelligent response as I pant under him, his weight restricting me from taking deep breaths. Big bloke of stone!

He doesn't say anything, my face that had been turned to the side for resting now turned as he plants his lips on mine. He kisses me slow, his hand wandering up from my chin to my cheek and then back in my damp hair as he brings me closer to him.

The kiss turns more rough in the minutes that pass by, my hands tangled around his neck as his tongue traces my bottom lip. I open my mouth a little, inviting him in as I kiss him back with fervor need, other thoughts all forgotten.

"Legs around me." He gritted, pushing his body up, freeing me. I do as he said, my legs clamping around his torso as my fingers trail down, feeling him tentatively. He was so god-like. I moan softly when his hand goes under my bra, the soft chuckle of his at my state embarrassing me.

To retaliate, I grind my lower body to his, grinning as he hisses lowly. I bite his bottom lip, enjoying the playful growl and flip us over so that I was on top. He grips my waist once on top, pinching my butt teasingly. Giggling, I suck on his neck, enticing groans from him which I was thoroughly enjoying.

He gets up, pulling me up and going out the door, probably to our room.

One second his hands were around me and the next I was thrown down. In water.

Sputtering the water out as I come up to the surface, I yell profanities at the laughing man who was standing by the edge.

"Darius!" Pushing my hair out of the way I glare at him. "You fucking bastard. The water's cold!" I push myself up, hitting his leg as I get out of the water. Only to be pushed back in. Okay that's it! "Dammit Regio!!" I yell coughing, spewing water out of my mouth.

He jumps in beside me, surfacing a moment later and pulling me into him, kissing me heatedly. Hmm killing can be done after I'm satisfied. He pushes me down in the water again, my legs giving away as I fall back. No it can't anymore!

He pulls me back up, a gasp leaving me as I breathe in deeply, only to have him on me again. He slips his tongue back in me, my hand going around his neck for support and balance, my legs wrapping around him. Let's see you push me back now. He bends down further to my height, smiling into the kiss.

He plunges us down in the water, not taking his lips off of me. I grip him closer, worried. So if you can't drown me alone you come down with me? His lips don't move from me, water mixing in our mouth.

He pulled me back up after forever, his mouth leaving me as I gasp for air, my entire self pressed into him so that he won't do that again.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask disbelievingly, pushing his hair away from his eyes, smiling at him confused. He shrugs, pecking me. "Felt like it." I raise my brow, glaring at him mockingly.

"You felt like drowning me?"

"Rest assured little one, the only thing I'll let you drown is in me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 1.6K 35
Book 1 || Soul Bound series || WILL BE DELETED IN JULY. CHECK OUT THE NEW VERSION ON MY PAGE! When Eva Greene is mortally wounded and has to take she...
1.1M 59.7K 38
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
112K 2K 18
kyouka jirou is the outcast of the class 1/A. she only talks when she hast to or when she insulting denki and Mr.pervert, from being perverts or idio...
13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...