Before It Ends • Hessa • Emer...

De -M-I-N-E-

This is a Hardin x Tessa fan fiction, although focuses mostly on their daughter Emery Scott. Finished writin... Mais

ꪮꪀꫀ
𝕥᭙ꪮ
𝕥ꫝ𝕣ꫀꫀ
ᠻꪮꪊ𝕣
ᠻⅈꪜꫀ
𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤
ડⅈ᥊
ડꫀꪜꫀꪀ
ꫀⅈᧁꫝ𝕥
𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 ℂ𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕫𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟!
𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚎𝚗
𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
Lets play a 𝕘𝕒𝕞𝕖...
The translation game!
A/N
Second Book!

𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

1K 28 6
De -M-I-N-E-

Words 1635

TESSA.

It's so quiet on the ride home. Through the rear mirror I can see that Emery is dead asleep and Auden is getting close. Hardin has his head leaned on the passenger door's window and he's looking out to all the bright lights we pass. It's now completely dark out. We have thirty more minutes to get home.

Hardin usually drives us, so I'm surprised he didn't take over when I came to pick him up. It took me a while to get to where he was because I wasn't sure where I was actually going. When I found them, Hardin was on the concrete sidewalk with Emery cuddled up to his chest.

He silently put her in the car, buckling her up, and ruffling Auden's hair as a little greeting. He climbed into the passenger seat without a word and leaned his head on the window. "I'm sorry I didn't get here quicker." I said. As a response, he placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed.

It's been quiet ever since. The only sound is the slight muffle of the radio playing some soft autistic song.

I look over towards him, concerned for him. "Are you alright?"

He nods but doesn't answer and I sigh. "I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner. I've never driven through there before."

"It's not that." He finally speaks and I sigh.

"Then what is it?"

"I'm just really tired." He closes is eyes and I nod.

"Okay..." I mumble. I can't help but think that whatever way he is feeling is because of me. What if he's mad at me for yelling at Emery like that. I didn't mean to make a scene. I was just done with how she has been treating me lately. I miss the cuddly, smiley, nice Emery.

• • •

One year ago

"Follow my finger." Hardin instructs, and Emery follows his finger as he waves it slowly in front of her face. "You might have a small concussion." He says, leaning his elbows on his bent knees. Emery was currently on the toilet seat and Hardin is kneeled in front of her. I'm watching from the bathroom doorway, not wanting to cram up the small bathroom. "Are you sure it was nothing?" He asks for what seems like the tenth time.

"Yes, dad. I told you, I was running and I tripped and my eye hit the doorknob of the gym." She repeats and I sigh. It sound kind of believable but so far fetched! I don't know what to believe.

Hardin sighs, his thumb lightly rubbing across her bruised cheek. Emery closes her eyes as she winces and Hardin quickly looks down. "alright. Let your mum clean you up now, and then take a shower." He stands up, wiping his palms on his black jeans. He brushes his hand against my arm as he passes me and walks down the hall to our bedroom.

"You alright?" I ask, a small smile on my face. I know she's been asked that repeatedly for the past hour, but I haven't had the chance to ask her myself yet.

She nods, matching my small smile. I open the first aid kit and take Hardin's spot in front of Emery. "Hey, after this can you make me some of your famous soup?" She giggles and I nod.

"Of course." I take out some antiseptic and put a little on a cotton ball. I dab it lightly under her eye were there's a small cut.

"You must've been having an unlucky day to have tripped and fell on a doorknob." I call out with a small chuckle and she smiles before wincing at the sting. "Sorry..." I mumble.

"It's better than telling dad someone hit me." She says and I stop dabbing at her eye and look at her. Is she joking? Did someone actually hit her?

"Someone hit you?" I raise my eyebrows. She looks down.

"I'm sorry I lied. I didn't want dad to get angry at me."

"He won't be mad at you, Em. Who hit you?" I caress her shoulder with my hand, using my other hand to nudge her chin up to look at me. I can tell by her facial expression and the emotion deep in her gray eyes that she wants to tell me.

"One of my friends." She says, her eyes filling with tears. "Don't tell him please." I don't question her any further and I lean up enough for her to lean her head on my shoulder. "Please don't tell him." She repeats and I hush her.

"I won't tell him, sweetheart. I won't."

• • •

Present

I'm an asshole to think of that memory as a good one. That's the last secret she told me to keep. Of course, it's a heartbreaking one but she was so much herself then. I don't ever see that Emery anymore. I don't get to hold her as she cries, or tell her it will be alright. That's now Hardin's job, because she only trusts him now. I don't plan on telling her how Hardin practically forced me to call the police. I wanted to wait it out, maybe talk Emery into calling them herself. Hardin was so mad. He was fuming when he found out.

• • •

One year ago

I covered my face in my hands as I leaned over in the hospital chair. I couldn't stand being in that room with Emery. The doctor said she broke her rib and has a traumatic brain injury, AKA a concussion.

How could I have not seen it the first time? I knew it wasn't just a friend like she said. I can only imagine Hardin is freaking out as he talks to the doctor in the room. He didn't know it was a person who hurt her the first time.

My shoulders shake as I let out a small sob and I shake my head. Auden is at Landon's right now. We can't deal with both of them at the moment.

I hear soft mumbles coming from Emery's room and I look up to see Hardin leaving the room and heading straight down the hall. I can tell by his quick movements that he's angry. "Hardin..." I call and it's so soft I'm sure he can't hear me. I don't even want to try and speak right now. I don't have the strength.

He stops and turns around. He stares at me for a second and I see his Adam's Apple move as he swallows hard. "I'm calling the police."

He turns around and is back on his mission towards the car where our phones are.

I quickly get up and rush towards him. "Hardin no! That isn't your choice. What if she doesn't want him to go to jail?"

"I don't care what she fucking wants, Tess. I'm doing what she needs." We are now in the parking lot and I grab his arm. He yanks it out of my grasp and turns to look at me.

I'm shocked by his rough movements, "can't we ask her first? It isn't our choice." I say calmly and he rolls his eyes, his hands going to his hair and he tugs.

"Fuck, Tessa! I would be fucking torturing him right now if it was entirely my choice." He shouts, shaking his head as he continues down the parking lot. "Stop fucking following me!" I snaps aggressively, "Go back inside! Emery is all alone in there." He swings open his car door and fishes through his coat to find his phone.

I cross my arms on my chest and look at him sternly. "Fine if you're going to do it then let me. You're too angry to talk to someone right now."

He huffs and hands me his phone. I could tell that he wanted me to do it anyway. "Should I give them the address we picked her up at?"

"Yes, where else?" Hardin snaps, and I roll my eyes at him. He needs to be more calm, but I understand why he's acting so. I feel a little insane myself, but I handle it differently than he does.

"Hello? Yes, I'm Tessa Scott."

"What seems to be the problem, Mrs. Scott?"

"Um... well just under an hour ago my daughter's boyfriend assaulted her. She's currently in the hospital right now." I try to sound professional, but my body feels like falling and giving up. I see Hardin wince at my words as well and he looks down, sighing.

Fuck...

• • •

Present

The hospital we went to was waiting for Emery to wake up before notifying the police. That's why we had to do it ourselves.

I park the car, letting out a sigh of relief that we're finally home. No more stupid memories.

Hardin looks over at me and smiles softly. I can tell he's exhausted as he sluggishly twists around in his seat and pats Auden's leg to wake him. He then pats Emery's leg and it takes more of a rough nudge to wake her. She's a very heavy sleeper.

We all travel into the house and go our separate ways. Emery doesn't even look at me as she passes me to her bedroom.

I pretend to ignore her cold shoulder. I guess I deserve it. It takes no longer than ten minutes to cover myself in the blankets. Hardin surprisingly wraps his arm around me. I thought he was mad at me, I guess not as much as I thought.

◉‿◉

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎

   I have decided to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And if I don't, don't panic! I like keeping my updating schedule loose. ;)

   Also, it honestly doesn't make sense why the hospital wouldn't notify the police, because I think if there is an assault they do, but let's just ignore that....

   Describe Hardin in three words.

Chapter twenty three: Dec. 2, 2020

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

13.1K 530 12
Ofc I love After, and I've been kinda fan-girling for so long. I spontaneously decided to make a herophine fan-fiction based on my imagination lol. ...
1.2K 71 48
~Vash x OC AU~ Book 1 of 2 *Began: Monday, January 1, 2024* *Finished: Wednesday, April 10, 2024* Sometimes... Sometimes I have nightmares. Nightmare...
16.6K 470 22
I won the bet. But I lost the only thing that has ever made me happy. Read it to find out. Not my best work tbh. Read it on your own risk. #2 after...
43.5K 1.1K 36
Currently being edited "You're a fucking mother, you have kids? and you are just now telling me?" Percy yelled Emery is a 16-year-old mother of twin...