The Mystery Within

By RSPBLiterature

Y/n has led a dark mysterious life up until this point. But finally fed up with not knowing if he will even l... More

1. Welcome to Crystal Cove
2. Beware the Beast Below
3. The Creeping Creatures
4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig
5. Revenge of the Man Crab
6. The Song of Mystery
7. The Legend of Alice May
8. In Fear of the Phantom
9. The Grasp of the Gnome
10. Battle of the Humungonauts
11. Howl of the Fright Hound
12. The Secret Serum
13. The Shrieking Madness
New Cover Art
14. When the Cicada Calls
16. Where Aphrodite Walks
17. Escape From Mystery Manor
18. The Dragon's Secret.
19. The Menace of Manticore
20. Attack Of The Headless Horror
21. A Haunting in Crystal Cove.
22. Dead Justice
23. Pawn of Shadows
24. All Fear The Freak.
25. The Night the Clown Cried
26. House Of The Nightmare Witch
27. The Night The Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
28. Web Of The Dreamweaver.
29. The Hodag of Horror.
30. Art of Darkness.
31. La casa è dove si trova il cuore
32. The Night On Haunted Mountain
33. Grim Judgement.
34. Night Terrors.
35. The Midnight Zone.
36. Scarebear
37. Wrath of Krampus.
38. Theatre Of The Doomed
39. Aliens Among Us
40. The Horrible Herd.
41. Dance Of The Undead
42. The Devouring
43. Stand And Deliver
44. The Man In The Mirror
45. Nightmare In Red
46. Dark Night Of The Hunters
47. Gates Of Gloom.
48. Through The Curtain.
49. Come Undone
50. 15 Years Later

15. The Wild Brood

11.3K 371 323
By RSPBLiterature

Rock music was playing loudly inside a bar with many motorbikes parked outside it. Two men are playing a game of pool inside while others watch on. A woman was sat at the bar as the bartender pours her a drink. She thanks him and takes a sip when a man wearing sunglasses and a biker jacket walks up to her. He leans up against the counter now.

"Hey, little muffin, how about you and me go for a little moonlight ride?" He asks her.

"No thank you. I'm allergic to the stink of desperation." The woman says picking up her drink and turning away.

"Then you don't know what you're missing." The man says putting his hands on the woman's shoulders now. 

"Step away..." A voice says causing both the man and woman to look in the direction it came from. "from the lady..." It finishes and they see it belong to large orc. 

All the bikers in the bar look at the orc now. The man in sunglasses moves now. "Well, what do we have here?" He asks out loud. He stops in front of the orc now and looks him up and down. "Seriously, what do we have here?" He asks again and the bar starts to laugh. Another orc appears from behind the first one now. 

"We are The Wild Brood, human. and this is our most terrifying leader Odnarb the powerful." The orc says introducing Odnarb. "He demands you vacate the premises immediately." 

"You want us to leave our own place?" The man in sunglasses says unamused.

"In a word, yes." The orc replies and the bar erupts into laughter. 

"This road house is Spanker territory. So unless you want a mouthful of Spanker..." The man in sunglasses says as he raises his fist. 

"Cool it daddy." Odnarb says raising his hand. "We tried taking the high road didn't we, Gabtraf? 

"Yes, we did indeed." Gabtraf replies. Odnarb clickshis fingers now and 3 more orcs of varying sizes walk into the bar now. 

The man in sunglasses clicks his own fingers as the bikers all rise from their seats. A fight quickly breaks out with several bikers being thrown through windows and the front door. Odnarb and his gang quickly out power the biker gang who begin to flee to their bikes.  

"Now that was some roaring good fun." Odnarb says and he turns to the bartender. "A round of cappucinos for my orcs, and make them extra frothy." 

"S.sure thing buddy." The bartender says as he starts to make the cappuccino's. "So you going to be sticking around for long?" He asks. 

"We're headed down the coast to Crystal Cove for a little rest and relaxation." Odnarb says.

"Crystal Cove. Ha. Even the name sounds breakable." Gabtraf laughs.

"The local clydes won't soon forget The Wild Brood, right brothers?" Odnarb asks and the orcs all laugh as they start to chant their name. 

It was late in the evening at the newly rebuilt Tiki Tub. Mayor Jones and Sheriff Stone were sat at at a table.

"Ah delish." Sheriff Stone says finishing his drink. "I gotta hand it to you mayor, Your decision to re-build the Tiki Tub after it was destroyed by those Humongonauts shows true civic leadership."

"Thank you Sheriff, The residents of Crystal Cove were crying out for kitschy polynesian based culture and as their mayor I am happy to answer their call." Mayor Jones says. "Besides my son needs all the help he can get, turning down the Blake girl." He shakes his head.  

At a nearby table was all of the Mystery Inc gang.  

"Like when's the waiter going to show up?" Shaggy asks. 

"Reah! I'm starved." Scooby sighs. 

"I don't know. All I know is that since my dad owns the place we get free refills." Fred smiles as he sips his drink.

"Speaking of refills I'm all out." Daphne says as she gets up to refill her empty cup.

Y/n was sat looking at his phone that Velma had recently handed to him. "So your saying it's untraceable?" He asks her.

"That's right I installed three jammers in there to be safe as well as an encrypter to mask your tracks." Velma says proud of her work. Y/n looks at the phone again. 

"Thanks. This really helps ease my mind." He says with a small sigh.   

The sound of motorbikes can be heard now and it gets everyone's attention. The Wild Brood gang can soon bee seen arriving as they dismount their bikes. 

"Sheriff." Mayor Jones says. 

 "Don't worry mayor." Sheriff Stone says putting his hat on. "Sheriff Bronson Stone has got this covered." 

Odnarb is the first to walk into the Tiki Tub. 

"Hold it right there , leather wearing creepy. Per section 741.B of the Crystal Cove bylaws there are no monster or monster like creatures allowed in public areas." Sheriff Bronson says.

"Unless tickets are being sold." Mayor Jones says from the bar. 

"Right you are mayor, So why don't you and your friends go back to your cave, dungeons or other dark places where your kind lurks?" Sheriff Stone says to Odbnarb who looks at him before jumping up on a table. 

"Monsters? Is that what you squares think we are?" Odnarb asks the patrons.

"Yes." Thy all says in unison. 

"Typical Humans. Hold up a mirror Mr and Mrs Average Citizen and you'll see a reflection of your own dark souls. The Wild Brood rejects your labels and puts all of Crystal Clydes..."

"It's Crystal cove." Sheriff Stone corrects him annoyed. 

"On notice. The real monsters here are living inside of you." Odnarb finishes but he is interrupted by the sound of someone laughing. Odnarb and everyone else turn to see it is Y/n that is laughing as he stands up. 

Odnarb jumps down off the table now as he and his gang surround Y/n now. Y/n and Odnarb look at one another as they size each other up. Everyone watches on as the tension builds and Sheriff Stone gets ready to reach for his cuffs.

 Odnarb then gives a small smile.  "It's good to see you again Y/n." He says and everyone gives a sigh of relief.

"As it is to see you." Y/n says returning the greeting. 

"You know these freaks?" Sheriff Stone asks now. 

"Of course I do. I invited them here." Y/n says surprising both Sheriff Stone and the Mystery Inc gang.  "It seems you've already managed to upset the local authority." Y//n chuckles. 

"We're cutting out here anyway." Odnarb replies. "The only question left is are you coming?" 

"If you have a bike free. You know  I don't ride with guys." Y/n says putting his hands in his coat pockets. 

Obnarb smirks. "I'm sure Krod can ride with Gabtraf." He says and Krod shrugs throwing his keys to Y/n who catches them. Y/n then turns to the Mystery gang. 

"Anyone fancy tagging along?" He asks. 

"Nuh uh! like no way." Shaggy says shaking his head. 

"Reah no way." Scooby says shaking his head. 

"I'm more at home on 4 wheels Fred." Says scratching the back of his head. 

"Daphne, Velma?" Y/n asks now. 

"You know what, Yes I would." Daphne replies. 

"I'm in." Velma says uprising Shaggy a little. 

The wild brood gang give a hearty chuckle and hand the girls helmets. 

"So who's riding with me?" Odnarb asks.

Velma and Daphne look at each other but Velma shrugs. "I don't mind." She says and Odnarb moves for her. Y/n looks at Daphne now and he moves forward in his seat to give her room. Daphne puts her helmet on now as she slowly sits down in the seat. 

"Um where should I hold on to?" She asks. 

"You can hold onto my waist if you want, It will give you the best grip." Y/n answers.

"Um, okay." Daphne says as he slowly puts her hands on Y/n's waist. Normally Daphne wouldn't have thought about it but ever since Velma had asked her if she liked Y/n found herself questioning herself and it made her extremely self conious around him now. 

"You ready?" Y/n asks her. 

"Uh Huh." Daphne says 

"Odnarb we'll follow you." Y/n says to him and Odnarb nods as he starts up his bike with the others following suit. Y/n starts up Kord's bike now.

The Wild Brood gang had come to a stop now near a cliff just on the outskirts of Crystal Cove. Gabtraf had made a fire as Velma, Daphne and most of the Wild Brood were sat around it. Y/n and Odnarb were stood away at the cliff top.   

Velma was currently engaged in conversation with one of the orcs about computers. 

"You can have a firewall and all the anti-malware software ever made and if Shaggy..i mean, if some idiot clicks on the wrong the wrong banner ad, boo,. Your desktop is bot-net central." Velma vents.

"Ain't that the truth." One of Wild Brood orc's says.

One of the orc's was sat on his bike as the engine splutters. "Dang it." He sighs.

"What's wrong?" Velma asks him. 

"Stupid bike won't start." The orc grumbles. 

"Hmm. You got a torque wrench?" Velma asks him. 

The orc leans over to nearby toolbox and take one out before he hands it to Velma.  She takes it and immediately sets to work on the bike as she adjusts a few things. "Okay...try it now." She says. The orc tries to start the bike again now and it works the first time. 

"Ooh." All the orcs say impressed. 

"Yup. The timing was off just enough to make the whole engine misfire." Velma and she turns to sit down but find Gabtraf in her way.

"Velma, do you believe in love at first sight?" Gabtraf asks her. 

"in your case...No." Velma says honestly and Gabtraf looks a little disappointed.

Velma sits back down now near Daphne who was looking out to the cliff where Y/n and Odnarb were.

"Everything okay?" Velma asks her. 

"I wonder what they are talking about?" Daphne says hinting to the two. 

Y/n was stood with his hands in his pockets as a light wind blew up the tails of his coat slightly. Y/n was looking up at the moon that hung high in sky illuminating the land and the water below it. 

"So how have you been holding up?" Odnarb asks Y/n as he sits down now his legs hanging over the edge. 

"There's been good and bad times. But I've been more happier recently." Y/n says with a smile smile as he give Odnarb his reply. 

"That's good to hear. The Wild Brood, We all owe you a great deal. If it wasn't for you we'd still..." Odnarb starts but Y/n hold up his hand stopping him. 

"I just made the call of judgement I deemed to be right." Y/n says and he looks back at the Wild Brood who are cooking food on the campfire and laughing. "I've made a lot of mistakes, but helping you and the others is not one of them." Y/n says as he turns back to Odnarb now. "But I didn't invite you down here for a friendly get together. " Y/n now says and Odnarb raises a brow. 

"He's searching for me." Y/n says and Odnarb's eyes widen. 

"Are you serious?" He asks. 

"He seems more desperate then ever to find me, I don't know what tricks and methods he will use, nor the people he will drag down in his goal. But I won't let him find me." Y/n says.

Odnarb looks back at Daphne and Velma now for a moment. "Do they know?" He asks Y/n. 

"That I was in the mafia?, That I'm being hunted down?" Y/n asks. "Yes. They do. I tried to get them to leave and forget about me. But they all found me then asked me to come back." Y/n sighs. "But I can't deny I like their company."

Odnarb looks out to the shoreline himself now. "So are you dating again?" Odnarb asks Y/n now.

"Dating?" Y/n asks confused. Y/n then looks back a little at Daphne and Velma now for a moment before he turns his head back to the seafront. ".. No I am not dating either of them."  He says.

"Hmm." Odnarb says rubbing his chin. 

It was now the middle of the night as orc climbs over a fence into the grounds of the Crystal Cove armory. As he reaches the armory walls he pulls out a device and types in a code. Inside the armory's security room the camera's all go offline and the security guard on duty scratches his head. Outside the Orc took out an axe now as he broke down a wall and made his way into the armory. On the wall was a large selection of weapons and the orc picks up what appears to be a large rocket launcher. Just as he does a guard appears outside the hole in wall. "Hey you stop!" The guard cries until the orc suddenly jumps at him and hits the guard in the chest knocking him down to the ground. The orc runs now with the rocket launcher on his back as he climbs a fence now, as he does a small folded piece of fabric falls out of his pocket now. 

It was early in the morning and Daphne slowly wakes up in her room. She quickly gasps however when she sees they Mystery Inc gang and Sheriff Stone in her room. 

"Uh, good morning?" Daphne says.

"That's enough of that sassy smart talk young lady. I got answers and I want some questions. Wait flip that." Sheriff Stone says.

"Questions about what?" Daphne asks confused. "Will someone tell me what's going on?" 

"There was a break in at the armoury last night and a very dangerous weapon was stolen. We happen to know it was one of you monster biker friends who did it."

Daphne looks around at everyone now and it's now she can see Y/n stood in handcuffs looking disinterested now. He turns his head towards her a little looking at her before he quickly turns his head away quickly looking a little awkward. 

Daphne looks a little confused before she remembers that she is in just her sleepwear.

She immediately becomes embarrassed and pulls her covers over herself now.   

 "Are these really still necessary Sheriff?" Y/n now says indicating to his cuffs now. 

"Your the reason those monsters are here in the first place." Sheriff Stone says pointing to Y/n.

"But Sheriff what you said is impossible. Y/n, Velma and I were with them at their campsite on the cliffside the whole time." Daphne says now.

"That's what we've been trying to tell them. All the Wild Brood stayed there the whole night." Velma says now.  

"Now to deal with these." Y/n says calmly as he moves his hands up and clicks his fingers. As he does the cuffs fall from his wrists unlocked. 

"That's better." He says rubbing his wrists gently. "We now have an alibi so Sheriff, you have no legal reason to keep me." Y/n says.

The sheriff grumbles as he picks his cuffs up off the floor now. "Fine. But I'll be watching you and your tusked terrors from this point on. Ready to pounce like a panther." He says before he opens a door and walks through it shutting the door behind him. "I'm in a closet..." He then can be heard saying. 

"Like you guys went camping with monsters?" Shaggy asks Velma now. 

"Sure. They even gave me this." Velma says holding up a Wild Brood biker jacket. 

"Wow, there are a lot of shoes in here." Sheriff Stone can be heard saying from the closet.

"Well, looks lie we've got ourselves  another mystery to solve." Daphne says now. 

"Indeed." Y/n says now. "The Wild Brood are obviously being framed." 

"But the sheriff said he had evidence?" Fred says.

"Which is why we have to see if that evidence is real or fake. It's up to us to prove the Wild Brood innocent." Daphne says now.

"But what if they are guilty? I mean there's no other orcs in town but the Wild Brood." Fred says.

"I am seriously lost in here." Sheriff Stone can be heard commenting once again. 

"Odnarb and his friends are not petty criminals. We should head to the armory and see for ourselves what evidence comes up." Y/n says now.

The gang were all now stood outside the hole made by the shadowy orc from the night. 

"Like, maybe the guy that did that really hates using doors." Shaggy says pointing to the hole. 

Velma returns with a small laptop now as se approaches the gang. "Here's the sheriff's evidence." She says and they all crowd around. "Whoever did this deactivated the buildings security cameras." Velma says and Y/n rubs his chin a little. 

"That is not encouraging." Odnarb and his gang are rather adapt with technology actually." Yn says with a sigh.

"Well luckily, the gas station across the street had a camera running." Velma says now and she starts loads up the footage. The sillouhettte  of an orc on a motorbike stops in front of the armory gate fence. 

"There's our man. Or should I say Orc?" Velma says.

"And that jaunty cap he's wearing looks awfully familiar." Fred points out. 

"But he was with us..." Daphne says having doubts herself now. 

"I never thought Odnarb would never do anything like this...and I still don't." Y/n says crossing his arms. 

"Y/n's right the time on the tape matches when we were still at the cliffside and not a single orc left." Velma points out. 

Y/n looks around now and something nearby catches his attention. He crouches down near a patch of grass close to the gang now. "These  footprints. They were made by the same kind of heavy boots that the Wild Brood wear." He starts to follow them as does Velma, Fred and Daphne. As they follow the trail they soon find themselves stopping in front of the fence gate to the armory. On the floor lies the folded piece of fabric the shadowy orc had dropped during his escape. 

"A clue?" Scooby asks as he and Shaggy join the gang now. 

"It sure is. It's a napkin from Chen's internet cafe and tea house in China town." Daphne says looking it.

"Crystal Cove has a China town?" Shaggy asks.

Sat inside Chen's internet cafe and tea house was the Wild Brood. 

"Chen, you are a grand master. This crazy double shot esperesso kills brother." Odnarb says.

Chen chuckles. "Oh please, You're making me blush. Now finish your drink and get out. You are scaring away my customers." Chen says before he walks away ranting in Chinese to himself. The Mystery Inc gang walk in now.

"Odnarb." Y/n says getting the orc's attention. "You didn't break into the Crystal Cove armory and steal a rocket launcher did you?" He asks him. 

"No." Odnarb replies. 

"I didn't think so." Y/n replies. 

"Wait what? He just says No and you believe him?" Fred asks puzzled.

"Odnarb knows better than to lie to me." Y/n simply says.

 A familiar icon appears on all the cafe's computer screens now and a voice plays from them. "Hello, Mystery Incorporated."

""Mr E?" They say in unison. 

"Looks like you could use a clue." Mr E says before a small repeating gif of a swordfish dancing appears on the screen. 

"What in the world is that?" Daphne asks. 

"It's some kind of dancing bug, I think. Oh that's it! Dancing bugs are behind this." Fred says.

"Like, even I can tell it's a fish Fred." Shaggy says. 

"Hey, You're right it does look like a fish." Fred says looking at it again.

"A swordfish." Velma hums to herself before she looks at the folded napkin from earlier. "There's an IP address on this napkin we found." She says before she sits down at a computer away from the others as they discuss the swordfish.

"Perhaps the fish is trying to send us signals with it's dance." Odnarb suggests.

"Like a code." Y/n adds.

"But that doesn't make any sense?" Fred says.

"Oh and dancing bugs do?" Gabtraf says.

Velma was still working on the computer as she typed the word swordfish in as a password. "If I can hack into the central mainframe...I'm in." But just as she gets in the shadowy orc from the night before appears behind her and covers her mouth before she can call out to the others for help. He then drags her behind a curtain and out of sight from the others. 

Scooby looks to the side now. "Velma?" He asks noticing she's gone. He sniffs the floor before the trail leads him to a curtain. Stood behind it is the Shadowy Orc.

"Well that little dude's got a pointy nose  like Swordnose." Shaggy says but Y/n looks to side himself now and notices two members are missing. The other notice as well now. 

"Velma?" Daphne calls out.

"Scooby?" Shaggy asks.

"They're gone." Fred says glumly.

Scooby was whimpering as he lay tied up, dangling from a tree that sat on a cliff top. Velma had been tied up as well now as the shadowy orc set her down near the tree trunk. The orc takes the tape he had put over her mouth now. "Clever, figuring out that swordfish clue. Little too clever for my taste." The Orc says.

"What do you want with us, shovel lips?" Velma asks.

"Do not mock me. I have Eldrtich blood." The orc says.

"And sometimes I have a chick mustache." Velma replies bluntly. "Is there a point to this?" 

"Since you're so gifted with computers...you're going to help me reroute a train through Crystal Cove." The orc says.

"And if I don't?" Velma says.

"I drop the dog." The orc says untying the rope holding Scooby up slightly causing him to plummet. 

"Okay!" Velma quickly says and the Orc steps on the rope causing Scooby to stop and he whimpers. "Got it. No more demonstrations needed." 

"I can't hack the national train database but from what I saw in the coffee shop you can." The orc says taking a laptop out of a backpack.

"Wow, kind of ironic." Velma says.

"Yeah Ironic...What does Ironic mean?" Scooby asks. 

"It means here's the chance I've been waiting for to get Shaggy back.  All I have to do is refuse to help." Velma says. "But there's no way I'm going to take it. Even though you stole my boyfriend, I'd never let anyone hurt you Scooby Doo." Velma says and Scooby smiles at her.

"You lost your boyfriend to a dog?" The orc says amused now. 

"Just give me the laptop toad skin." Velma replies. 

After a few minutes of typing away Velma had finally rerouted the train as instructed. "All done. Now let us go." She demands. 

"Of course. See you!" The orc says as he pushes Velma causing her to roll off the edge of the cliff. Luckily Scooby is able to catch her using the rope bindings on her wrist in his mouth. The orc laughs as he starts up his motorbike taking off. The branch holding up Scooby and Velma gives way, snapping with the combined weight. As the plummet towards the sharp rocks below however another branch stops there fall before it swings catapults them back to the clifftop. 

"Can we go home now?" Scooby whimpers. 

Velma and Scooby rushed to the police station. Where they found the rest of the Mystery Gang who were glad to see them. 

"Velma!" Scooby Doo!" Shaggy says happy to see the two.

"What are they doing in there?" Velma asks pointing to Y/n and the Wild Brood stood in a cell as the Sheriff walk along the bars. 

"Conspicuous consumption of Euro-style coffee drinks. We thought they'd kidnapped you. It's the best I could come up with." The Sheriff says with a shrug. 

"And Y/n?" Velma asks.

"Guilty by association it would seem. I am glad to see you and Scooby are alright however." Y/n says. 

"Sheriff it wasn't them. It was another monster biker." Velma says to Sheriff Stone now. 

"Oh come on. Another one?" Sheriff Stone complains annoyed. 

"Listen up cats and chicks, for it appears we have an impostor." Odnarb says to his gang. 

"And he made me route a train through Crystal Cove." Velma tells them. 

"Why?" Y/n asks. 

"I don't know but I has something to do with Mr E's clue." Velma says. 

"The Swordfish?" Y/n asks.

"Oh...Swordfish...That makes more sense than Swordnose...."Fred says. 

Odnarb and his gang look at each other one now and it doesn't go unnoticed by everyone. 

"Keeping something from us Odnarb?" Y/n asks him.

"Swordfish...Is a super secret new video game platform. It's being shipped on a guarded train for a big unveiling ceremony." Odnarb explains.

"How do you know that?" Fred asks.

"Because we're the video game programmers who designed it." Odnarb says as he takes off his mask now and the rest of his gang takes off theirs.   

 "Ahh they're so..so geeky!" The Sheriff say now. 

"I don't understand why dress up like monsters?" Daphne asks.

The Wild Brood gang all turn to Y/n now. "The wild Brood gang used to work for the Veratti family. Until I got them out of that place and onto a better path. The costumes started off as a way to hide from the Vertatti's but has now evolved into this." Y/n explains. 

"Who's Veratti?" The Sheriff asks. 

"No one you need to worry about Sheriff." Y/n quickly says.

"Our job can be stressful."  One of the gang says.

"So we tend to bury ourselves in alternate personas." Another explains.

"We also like the way crushed velvet and cured animal hide feels against our skin." 

"Sometimes, when you're a geek and It's all people see...It's better to wear a mask. We dig Y/n because his mask is buried deep within." Odnarb says as he the others put their masks back on.

"Phew thank goodness." The Sheriff sighs before he leaves.

"Wait, so you're not really noble monsters" Fred asks.

"You didn't think they were actually orcs did you?" Y/n asks him. "When I met the Wild Brood they were cramped up in a small dark room being forced to hack into servers and disrupt stock trades. I saw that they were guys caught up in something they shouldn't be so I got them out of that life, Invested some of my money to in a project they had which I guess to be this swordfish console." Y/n says and Odnarb nods.

"We couldn't tell you the details of the project due to contract obligations. We were were going to tell you after the release and give back the money with some extra as a thank you." Odnarb says but Y/n puts up his hand. 

"Keep the money. Seeing you flourish from the mistreated and malnourished hackers locked in a basement is reward enough for me." Y/n says and Odnarb smiles. "Now. We've got a train to catch." Y/n says. 

"But Y/n you're locked in a cell?" Fred points out.

"Astute observation Fred. However while everyone was busy conversing with one another I was occupied with something else." Y/n says as he holds up a large set of keys. "Pickpocketing the key's from Sheriff Stone's belt.."   

The train in question was speeding along the tracks now as it's horn blared. The Mystery Machine and the Wild Brood were travelling on the road above the tracks. It doesn't take long for the train to catch up to them all now. Y/n was currently borrowing Krod's bike once again. He looked to side eyeing up the train.

"Okay we've only got one chance so it's now or never!" Y/n calls out to everyone as  he quickly turns the wheel of the bike to the right and the bike quickly changes course and flies off the road and onto one of the train's flatboards. The Wild Brood and Mystery Machine quickly follow suit landing beside him.

"Crazy Driving there Y/n." Odnarb says.

"Please don't do that again." Daphne says with a sigh. 

"No promises." Y/n replies. 

"Look, there he is!" Velma says pointing out to the shadowy orc with a rocket launcher on his shoulder." 

"Let's get him!" Odnarb says as he, The Wild brood and Y/n take off after the orc. 

"Hey I was goign to say that." Fred sighs following them with the rest of the gang. 

They open the doors to the train to see two knocked out guards lying on the floor now. 

Everyone now runs past a gold plated console in the case except for Shaggy and Scooby who stop to look at it. 

"Like, The Swordfish Game console..." Shaggy says longinly. 

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you." Odnarb says and Shaggy looks at him. "Those are brain melting bunker blasters." Odnarb points to two heavily armed securtiy cameras. 

"Good tip." Shaggy gulps.

 Everyone reaches the front of the train now. "Where's the engineer?" Velma asks.

"Over here!" Daphne calls out and everyone looks to see him lying on the floor. "He's not going to be much help however." 

Y/n looks out the train window now and he notices the shadow of the orc they are chasing. "He's on the roof."

"Let me help." Odnarb says.

"Yeah me too!" Fred joins in. 

"No. You focus on stopping this train." Y/n says to them as he takes off his coat now and puts it down on the engineers chair. "Never fought on a train roof before so this is a first." Y/n says before he walks out the door shutting it behind him. Y/n climbs up a small ladder on the side and he reaches the trains' roof. On top is the Orc with the rocket launcher aimed as he fires. A rocket flies out the end and connects with a bridge ahead destroying it. The orc takes notice of Y/n now and it swings the rockets launcher at Y/n now trying to hit him with it. Y/n is quick to react as he ducks underneath it and delivers a jab to the orc's side and it groans. The orc tries swinging the rocket launcher down on Y/n this time but he misses as Y/n slides underneath the orc's open legs and trips him up causing him to land with a heavy thud. Y/n wastes no time as he quickly grabs one of the Orc's arms and twists it behind their back. 

"Uncle! Uncle!" The orc cries but Y/n doesn't let up.

"If we go down you're coming with us." He says. "Hurry up and stop the train!" Y/n cries to the gang below. 

"Foog! Pull that Lever!" Velma says pointing to the brake. 

Foog does as instructed but pulls a little to hard ripping it off.

"Oops..." Foog says.

Y/n had guided the Orc by his arm towards the ladder now and the Wild Brood took a hold of him. Y/n saw the broken brake valve now. "Okay everyone into the previous carriage." He instructs. "Come on let's move!" He says and everyone waste no time in following his orders. Daphne is the last to file out of the train and into the carriage as she helps the engineer. Y/n follows behind her and pulls the pin that held the train and carriage together before giving the connection a kick finally separating the two. "Fred, Odnarb the brake valve!" Y/n calls out now and the train ahead flies off the bridge resulting in a firey explosion.  

"Got it!" The two called as they climbed up the carriage side and worked together to spin the brake valve and bring the rest of the train to halt just in time. Everyone let's out a sigh of relief now with the danger finally coming to an end. 

"Quick thinking Y/n." Odnarb says still impressed by Y/n's sharp wits.

"Just years of experience. Oh!" Y/n now says as he turns around and looks to the train below. "I left my coat in there." He sighs sounding disappointed. 

Daphne clears her throat now and Y/n turns around to see here holding his coat up. "I grabbed it while we were fleeing." She says with a smile. 

"Magnifico sei meraviglioso." Y/n says happily as he takes his coat from her. "Thank you Daphne." Y/n says with a smile to her and he puts his coat back on feeling content. Now let's just see who was trying to give you guys a bad name." Y/n says and everyone turns to the orc.

The Wild Brood unmask the orc now to reveal a blonde haired geek in glasses. 

"Another Geek?" The Mystery Inc gang says in unison. 

"Maxwell?" The Wild Brood says.

"Like, Who's Maxwell?" Shaggy asks. 

"He works in the copy room at our gaming company. Maxwell, why?" Odnarb asks him. 

"Why? I'll tell you why. You all thought you were so cool. You never let me join in the beta testing of any of you new video games." Maxwell says as he recounts a time the Wild Brood had been rude to him and shut the door on him. "No, I was just the lowly copy boy. So I sought my revenge. I made a Wild Brood costume of my own. From that point on, all I had to do was steal a rocket launcher, hack a computer to divert the train, reroute said train, board the train from a moving motorcycle, defeat the train's security, blow up the bridge they train was on which would cause the Swordfish game console to be destroyed in a train wreck that would ruin your careers and hopefully giving rise to my own in the process!" Maxwell rants.

"Dude, seriously?" Shaggy asks.

"Overkill huh?" Maxwell asks. "Well it might have worked if it wasn't for you and you're meddling kids."

"No... how were you planning on disembarking said train." Y/n poses. 

"That....I....Ah..." Maxwell says seeing the flaw in his plan.

"Odnarb...We'll be having a little talk about treating everyone fairly after this..." Y/n says now and Odnarb and his gang shiver.

Maxwell was stood in handcuffs as the Sheriff puts his mask back on him. "And you keep that mask on. You geeks freak me out without them." 

The gang all looked to the nearby distance where they could see Y/n scolding the Wild Brood for their actions with Maxwell in the past.

"Wow Y/n seems really mad with them." Velma says. 

"Yeah It's sort of like if Y/n was their dad." Shaggy chuckles.

Daphne can't help herself now as she finds herself picturing Y/n as a father.

"You okay there Daph?" Fred asks her.

"Huh, What? Yes of course! Why?" Daphne says flustered.

"Well it's just your face and cheeks are all red." Fred points out.

"I'm fine Fred. Really." Daphne says and everyone notices Y/n and the dejected Wild Brood walking back now.

"Well, We better get back to our render farm." Odnarb says.

"And..." Y/n says.

"And we'll make sure not outcast any of the fellow employees again..." Odnarb quickly says.  

 "Good I'm glad to hear it." Y/n says with a serious face before he relaxes and stands with the gang now.  "Ciao Narb." He gives a small wave. Odnarb and his gang smile before they start up their bikes and drive off. 

"Like man I am glad that is over, I'm starved." Shaggy says as his stomach growls.

"China town?" Fred asks the gang. 

"China town." Daphne and Velma say.

"China town." Y/n says with a small smile.

And that's the chapter! So what's going on with Daphne? Is she starting to like Y/n? I hope you are all enjoying this story and if you are then don't forget to leave a vote and a comment as it really helps the story :) I shall see you in next weeks chapter...

Where Aphrodite Walks  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 638 21
The Scooby Gang go to KISS World for some fun; but, of course, like everywhere they go, there's a mystery to solve. Ember, also known as the She-Dem...
14.4K 130 11
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred Jones, Daphne Bl...
57.4K 1.4K 38
I only looked up at the two after it got quiet, I could only shake my head at the two. "I love you idiots." I mumble grinning from ear to ear. I took...
94.8K 1.7K 30
Description: This story take place during the events of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and has the Protagonist working part time at Dinkley's Mystery bo...