The Mystery Within

De RSPBLiterature

Y/n has led a dark mysterious life up until this point. But finally fed up with not knowing if he will even l... Mai multe

1. Welcome to Crystal Cove
2. Beware the Beast Below
3. The Creeping Creatures
4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig
5. Revenge of the Man Crab
6. The Song of Mystery
7. The Legend of Alice May
8. In Fear of the Phantom
9. The Grasp of the Gnome
10. Battle of the Humungonauts
11. Howl of the Fright Hound
13. The Shrieking Madness
New Cover Art
14. When the Cicada Calls
15. The Wild Brood
16. Where Aphrodite Walks
17. Escape From Mystery Manor
18. The Dragon's Secret.
19. The Menace of Manticore
20. Attack Of The Headless Horror
21. A Haunting in Crystal Cove.
22. Dead Justice
23. Pawn of Shadows
24. All Fear The Freak.
25. The Night the Clown Cried
26. House Of The Nightmare Witch
27. The Night The Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
28. Web Of The Dreamweaver.
29. The Hodag of Horror.
30. Art of Darkness.
31. La casa è dove si trova il cuore
32. The Night On Haunted Mountain
33. Grim Judgement.
34. Night Terrors.
35. The Midnight Zone.
36. Scarebear
37. Wrath of Krampus.
38. Theatre Of The Doomed
39. Aliens Among Us
40. The Horrible Herd.
41. Dance Of The Undead
42. The Devouring
43. Stand And Deliver
44. The Man In The Mirror
45. Nightmare In Red
46. Dark Night Of The Hunters
47. Gates Of Gloom.
48. Through The Curtain.
49. Come Undone
50. 15 Years Later

12. The Secret Serum

13.5K 416 567
De RSPBLiterature

It was night time at the Crystal Cove community center. Inside were many people for a special charity auction event that was being held. 

"Gong once. Going twice. Sold!" A smartly dressed man stood at a podium says slamming down a gavel. "The ring side seats to the Crystal Cove Lady Banshees roller derby team go to Gary Bob Walter." He says as the said man is picked up by a woman on roller skates and she skates out the building with him on her shoulders. 

"This charity auction is going better than I ever could have hoped." Daphne's mom says from the backstage as she watches with her friend. "What's our total so far Shelia?" She asks.

"$34" Is Shelia's reply.

"Oh just imagine all the good $34 will do." Daphne's mother says. 

"The next lot up for bid is this spooky painting." The auctioneer says as a painting is placed on an easel on the stage. The painting seems to be of a woman walking up to a castle in the distance in the night. The woman in the painting appears to look like Daphne's mothers friend Shelia. "Now that's what I call art. Do I hear $5?" The auctioneer says trying to start bidding but the room remains silent. "Eh $4?" He tries again but the room still stays silent. "$3? Come on this is a genuine spooky painting, this thing is creeping me out just looking at it." The auctioneer says but as he finishes a loud shriek sounds throughout the community center shocking everyone. A large vampire looking creature then glides above the crowd before they land on a railing on the floor above.

"Give me that painting!" The creature demands in a woman's voice and the audience begins to flee in fright along with the auctioneer. As they reach the door though they find that they won't open.

"It's locked we're trapped!" The auctioneer says horrified and the lights turn off now. The crowd turns around to see the vampire like figure glide around the room shrieking. the auctioneer hurries to get the lights back on but when he does the creature has disappeared. 

"The vampire's gone." The auctioneer says in shock.

Stood on the stage still was Daphne's mother but she gasps. "So is the painting!" 

It was the next day and the mystery incorporated gang were at Daphne's mansion enjoying her pool.

"Like Scooby doo there is something about putting a teeny tiny umbrella umbrella in your drink that just makes it better." Shaggy says as he and Scooby like on inflatables drifting in the pool.

"I heard that." Scooby replies. 

 Y/n was sat with his arms on the edge of pool as he soaked in the sun's rays. Daphne sat on his right in her bikini and Fred sat on his left out of the pool in his swim shorts.

"Now this is purely hypothetical but let's say your extravagant grotto was haunted by a pool monster, want to know how I'd trap it?" Fred asks the two. 

"Tell us later, I'm enjoying the sun." Y/n says not even bothering to open his eyes. 

"First I'd use some combination of Shag or Scoob  to lure him under the waterfall, Then I'd add quick drying cement to water and booya trapped." Fred explains.

Y/n sighs now and brings his arms down as he rubs his eyes with frustration on having his peace being disturbed. "I'm sure Daphne's parents would be thrilled to discover you dumping cement in their expensive pool." Y/n says as he opens his eyes now. "Speaking of." He turns to Daphne now. "I'm surprised they allowed me in." He says to her.

"I think their opinion of you changed a little after you turned up in a Ferrari." Daphne admits a little sheepishly as he plays with her hair.. 

"Well I hope they don't think I'm rich, I'm just... resourceful I like to think." Y/n says as he gets up now and both Daphne and Fred watch as he walks further into the pool and sinks below the water.

Shaggy was lying on his raft when Velma walked along the pool side surface to stop in front of him. He stops sipping his drink and looks up at her. 

"Oh Shaggy. Like my new bikini?" She asks him. as she tries to show off but the gesture fails considering she is actually just wearing her regular outfit. 

"Um, like I don't know, are you wearing one?" Shaggy asks confused.

"Yes. I just don't want to get burned. Do you have any idea how damaging the sun is? Give me a call when someone wants to make a leathery handbag out of your back fat." Velma says annoyed as she moves and sits down in one of the loungers by the pool now and opens a nearby newspaper.

"Hey don't worry Velma I think you look great." Fred says and Velma looks at him. "and with the sun reflecting off your pale colourless skin we can blind the monster and just push him into the pool with the cement already in it. Genius!" Fred says.

"Fred!" Daphne says not believing how insensitive he was being to Velma and her feelings. 

At that moment Daphne's mother walked out to the poolside. "Boy am I steamed." She says and just as she does Y/n come bursting from under the water with a deep breath as the sunlight glistens in the water on his body and he runs a hand through his wet hair before he slowly opens his eyes. He looks to the side but is surprised when he can see Daphne and her mom  looking at him in shock. 

"Is something wrong?" Y/n asks the two of them now.

"I..." Daphne's mother starts but she regains her composure and remembers that she was mad. "A vampire ruined my auction last night." She says.

"A vampire?" Scooby asks frightened and he sinks underneath the water to hide. 

"Hey a mystery! Quick Velma set your milky whiteness for stun." Fred say

"Fred!" Daphne says annoyed with Fred's behaviour

"What?" Fred asks until he is lightly hit in the back of the head by Y/n who has gotten out of the pool to join them now. "Ow." Fred complains.

"Don't be vulgar Fred." Y/n sighs.

"It's okay. I don't care what Fred thinks." Velma says as she looks at Shaggy for a moment but he slinks under the water now and Velma groans a little unimpressed with a lack of reaction from him. 

"I'm going to get changed..." Y/n says as he leaves the others now. 

It was dark out now as the others were all dressed back in their usual attire. 

Fred was stood outside near the Mystery machine when the doors opened. "Uh guys, Mystery?  Time's running out. Let's go?" Fred says indicating for everyone to get in. 

"I'm not solving any mystery if he's going to be there." Velma says as she looks at Shaggy and crosses her arms. 

"Maybe we should split up." Daphne suggests. "Me and Velma will take Y/n, you know, to keep the numbers even." She then adds and Y/n tilts his head in response. 

"But it's too early, We can't split up until we get to a haunted amusement park, a terrifying cavern..." Fred starts to list.

"Actually dude like I think splitting up is a good idea." Shaggy says as Scooby and him walk to the Mystery Machine. 

"Yeah you've already made that perfectly clear." Velma says. 

"Okay then...We'll be spliting up." Fred says a little hesitantly before he gets into the Mystery Machine and he, Shaggy and Scooby take off as Y/n, Velma and Daphne watch them disappear down the driveway.

Velma turns to Y/n and Daphne now. "So...where should we start?" She asks. 

"I'm thinking...pedicures." Daphne says as she starts leading Daphne inside leaving Y/n stood out front on his own. 

Y/n looks at the empty driveway now. "That was my ride home." He sighs.

"Like is it me, or does this feel weird?" Shaggy asks Fred as the two sit in the Mystery machine. 

"Yeah it's strange mysterying without those guys." Fred says.

"No. I mean sitting shotgun!" Shaggy says as he bounces in his seat a little. "Like I never get to ride up here. It's awesome!" 

Scooby sticks his head over the seat from the back now and giggles. "Stereo." He says before turning on the radio in the mystery machine before leaving it on a rock and roll station. 

"If you were a vampire where would you hide out?" Fred asks the two now. 

"The clam cabin!" Shaggy quickly says as Scooby head bangs to the music. 

"The Pizza Pale!" Scooby says himself now.

"Right! Let's try the cemetery." Fred says and both Scooby and Shaggy don't look enthusiastic about it as Fred puts his foot down

.  

Velma and Daphne were now in lying on loungers in spa wear. As they were getting pedicures.

"Velma, Here's the only thing you'll ever need to know about boys. They are stupid, If you give a boy two choices a smart one and a stupid one, he will always make the stupid one every time. That's why you never give them a choice." Daphne says as someone paints hers and Velma's nails.

"I hope that remark doesn't include me." Y/n says looking at the two revealing he was laid back with his hands behind his head on a lounger close to the two.

"Of course not Y/n, You're the exception." Daphne says with a smile. 

"That's depressing." Velma says referring to Daphne's earlier statement. 

"Yes it is." Daphne sighs. "But what can you do boys look really cute in suits." Daphne says and Y/n's brow raises before he decides to sit up now. 

"I'll be honest with you Velma, I don't really know what you expected from Shaggy." Y/n says changing the topic now. 

"What do you mean?" Velma asks him.

"Well he's not exactly what you would call...Endearing. I like Shaggy and Scooby I do but their friendship is... bizarre at times." Y/n starts.

"You can say that again." Velma says bluntly.

"May I ask you a personal question? Why did you start liking Shaggy in the first place?" Y/n asks Velma and both Velma and Daphne look at him a little surprised that he asked so straight forwardly. "I don't mean that in a judgemental capacity of either you or Shaggy but more of a way of getting yourself to ask that question. I'm just curious if it was perhaps out of a psychical attraction or emotional attraction." Y/n says and Velma looks at him stumped that Y/n was causing her to actually stop and think about the situation instead of being able to have the answer right away.

"I..." Velma stutters.

"Sometimes a breakup is rather like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it. I learned that the hard way." Y/n says as he sits up now.

Daphne's mom in the nearby hallway as she puts on a cloak but it doesn't go unnoticed by Velma. "Where's your mom going at this hour?" She asks Daphne now. 

"Beats me. Mom! Where are you going?" Daphne calls out to her mother now.

Daphne's mom quickly appears in the doorframe now. "Me? Oh, Well um...I'm just running out to the grocery store to get some..um..pate. yeah! See you later" She waves to Daphne before leaving.

"Weird, my mom is duck intolerant. Pate gives her the squeakers real bad."  Daphne says confused now. "Something's up Come on." Daphne then says as she gets up.

"What about our massages?" Velma asks getting up as well.

"Sorry Velma, Duty before beauty." Daphne replies and the two awkwardly begin to walk in a sort of waddle as their nails continue to dry.     

Y/n sighs and follows behind.

The mystery machine was sat parked outside the Crystal Cove blood bank. Shaggy and Scooby were sat inside waiting bored for Fred who had left a while a go to look for clues. The two got a fright when Fred did return however as he appeared to look like he was covered in blood.  

"The lady at the desk said they haven't seen a vampire tonight or any night, actually her exact words were, "Out of my blood bank freakwad!" Fred says as he gets into the mystery machine now. 

"I..i..Is t..th..that blood?" Scooby asks fearfully now as he look at Fred. 

"What?" Fred asks then notices the massive red patch Scooby is talking about that covers his sweater and face. "Oh no I just snagged a red punch juice box and spilled some, they got tons hanging all over the place." Fred explains. 

"So that's a big fat no on the cemetery, the zoo's bat exhibit and the blood bank. What now?" Shaggy asks and Fred wipes his face only causing the stains to get worse. 

"I'm running out of ideas." Fred admits.

"I got it!" Scooby says now and both Fred and Shaggy look at him. "Fruitmiers!" He says happily/

"Scoob...That's genius!" Shaggy says. 

"It's a little out of the box but everyone loves Fruitmiers." Fred says giving in as he starts the mystery machine now.      

Daphne's mother was walking carefully though the night streets acting suspiciously as she looked all around, a small distance back were Daphne, Velma and Y/n all following her. The three turn a corner only to discover that she had disappeared. 

"She's gone!" Daphne says out of breath.

"She's a freak!" Velma exclaims also out of breath. "She's the fastest mom alive!" 

 "Spying on your mom was not exactly on my agenda tonight Daphne." Y/n says now as he stands unbothered.

"She speed walks every morning." Daphne says.

"Well she must have thighs like tree trunks because we totally lost her!." Velma says.

Y/n goes to say something but then closes his mouth and shakes his head thinking better of it.

"She has got to be around here somewhere." Daphne says. 

"Regardless if we do find her, Do you not not find that to be more strange?" Y/n asks as he points out to a building in the near distance. 

"Y/n's right there's a light on in the botanical gardens." Velma says.

"This makes no sense, my mom hates nature. She hates anything she doesn't have to pay for." Daphne complains confused. 

"Come on let's go and investigate." Y/n says as he takes off towards the gardens and both Velma and Daphne follow behind him.

The mystery machine was now parked on a clifftop sat overlooking Crystal Cove as Fred, Shaggy and Scooby sit on top looking down at the town below.

"Like man, I do not get girls." Shaggy says.

"Reah Ricks!" Scooby joins in.

"Why don't you just build a Velma trap?" Fred asks Shaggy.

"Um I don't know Fred..." Shaggy says looking away. 

"Trust me. Nothing says "I love you" like two hundred feet of parachute cord and a cargo net." Fred says to Shaggy. 

Before Shaggy can anything in response though a loud shrieking can be heard and it gets the attention of the three. 

"Rut was that?" Scooby asks.

"It came from down the hill." Fred says jumping off the roof of the mystery machine now and both Scooby and Shaggy do the same. Fred is quick  to start up the van and soon the three are on their way. It doesn't take long till they find themselves outside the botanical gardens and Fred shuts down the engine. "I bet you clams to casino that our vampire is inside the greenhouse." 

Scooby sniffs. "Mmh clams." Before hooping out after Fred does. 

"What do we do now Fred?" Shaggy asks. 

"We trap ourselves a vampire!" Fred says opening the back doors to the mystery machine revealing a lot of equipment for trapping. 

"Like Freddie where do you get this stuff?" Shaggy asks now. 

"Trap-Mart. I'm a premium member of the frequent trappers club." Fred answers as he takes out some equipment now. 

Y/n had just finished opening a window to the Botanical gardens on the other side of the large building. He entered first holding it open for Velma and Daphne who entered after him now. 

"Ew, it smells like that stuff you put on plants to help them grow." Daphne says.

"You mean poo." Velma says.

"Yeah that's what it smells like." Daphne replies. 

"Well this is a botanical garden." Y/n points out as he looks around. 

Fred was finishing up setting up his trap now as he looked over it. Satisfied he quickly hurries over to a tree that Scooby and Shaggy are hiding behind. "That is a two inch thick bone in rib eye with perfect marbling. No self respecting vampire will be able to resist it." Fred says

Scooby licks his lips at the sound of it. "I know I can't..." He whines sadly.

"Somebody's coming." Shaggy quickly says now and Fred gets ready to spring his trap as they get closer he pulls hard on the rope setting the trap into motion and the trap catches three individuals in a net. 

"Ha gotcha!" Fred says impressed with himself. "Hit the lights." He says to Shaggy and both of them turn on their torches as they rush to see who is caught in the trap. They get a shock however when they see Y/n, Velma and Daphne all caught in the net instead of the vampire they had been after. 

"Uh oh..."Scooby says. 

"Fred! What are you doing?" Daphne asks annoyed. 

"Shaggy get me out of here, Now!" Velma complains.

 Y/n reaches into one of his coat pockets now and takes out a small looking handle but it quickly is revealed to be a switchblade as the blade flicks out and he begins to cut the netting. "Be careful." Y/n calmly says warning the two of the drop to the floor. The netting snaps finally and Y/n lands on his feet as Velma and Daphne land harshly. 

"Sorry." Y/n says as he helps Daphne up. He then goes to help Velma up only to see Shaggy doing it. 

"Um like, you look nice?" Shaggy says. 

Velma takes her arm away from Shaggy. "Save it." She sighs. 

The vampire flies overhead now and it shrieks getting everyone's attention. 

"What was that?" Daphne asks.

Fred uses his torch to follow the rummaging of leaves in trees as he rotates in a half circle motion. He suddenly comes to a stop in front of the vampire that is hanging upside down from a branch in front of him and it shrieks in his face and everyone begins to run. 

"What do we do?" Daphne asks.  

"We're doing it!" Fred replies as the Vampire takes flight chasing after them. The pathway that the gang are running on splits into two paths and the gang end up going different ways. 

"This is ridiculous..." Y/n groans as he watches the Vampire swoop low and Shaggy ducks to narrowly avoid it. 

"Like I think the exit is this way!" Shaggy says getting up now and pulling back a bush only to reveal a large amount of prickly thorns.

Scooby looks at it unimpressed. "Why did we have to go vampire hunting...." He complains. 

The vampire swoops low again and Shaggy once again narrowly dodges it as Scooby runs into a pair of bushes to hide. The vampire lands on a tree trunk and uses it's momentum as it pushes off it and finally grabbing onto Shaggy. 

"Ahh!" Shaggy squirms as he tries to get it off. 

A nearby gardener who had been patrolling could hear the commotion now and he hurried over to see what was happening. He shined his torch to see the vampire attacking Shaggy. "What the..." He says now and the vampire notices him. It throws Shaggy to the ground before running at the gardener now and knocks him down as it leaps over him and flees the scene now.

Fred arrives now as he sees Shaggy struggling in the bush of prickly thorns after being thrown. 

"Is everyone okay?" Daphne asks as she and Velma arrive now too.

Fred helps out Shaggy now wipes himself down as Y/n and Scooby are the last two to arrive.

"How are you doing hero?" Velma asks Shaggy sarcastically.    

"Like I've been better." Shaggy answers. "Oh wait, you don't actually care do you?" He then realises and Velma groans.

"My star orchid, It's gone!" The gardener says getting the gangs attention now and they look over to see him looking down at an empty patch of soil with a "Star Orchid" label.

"I don't get it. What would a vampire want with a painting and an orchid?" Fred asks.  

"For once I am out of my depth as well." Y/n sighs. "Monsters are not my forte. There must be a reason however, If we can find out why then we can find our vampire." Y/n says.

"Let's go to my Mom and dad's Museum, We have tons of records on monsters." Velma says now.

The gang had all relocated to the Crystal Cove spook museum. 

"I don't care if there was a weather delay, when I order a crate full of Sumatran rat monkeys form Skull island I expect overnight delivery. Those things get stale, fast."  Velma's mom says on the phone as the gang walk in. 

 "If we're going to find out what this Vamp is up too we need to do some research." Velma says and she turns to her mother behind the desk now. "Hey mom." 

"Oh hey kids to what do I owe the pleasure." Velma's mom says cheerfully.  

"Mrs Dinkley, We need some information on...Vampires." Daphne says. 

"Vampires? Oh sugar plums you've come to the right place!" Velma's mom says as she moves from behind the desk and leads them to a large wide bookcase now. "The broken spine has the most extensive collection of bloodsucker lit this side of the Carpathian mountains." 

"Huh there must be something in here that would tell us why a vampire would want a painting and an orchid." Fred says as he picks up a math book.

Daphne notices a shadow move in the background behind everyone now and confuses her. "Hmm?" She hums before she moves to see where it went. She moves behind another bookcase to see the shadow move again. "Hello, is someone there?" Daphne calmly calls out but she gets no response until something falls off the shelf surprising her. Daphne slowly walks over to it to see it is a psychics book. She picks it up and puts it back before it shoots out onto the floor again. Daphne once again picks it up and put it back and this time it gets ejected from the bookcase harshly. "Wow you just don't like this shelf." She says and tries to put it on a different shelf now. 

"Oh for crying out loud." A man's voice groans from behind the bookcase.   

"Who are you?" Daphne asks now surprised.

"The answers you seek are inside..." The voice replies. 

Daphne opens the book now and inside is a magazine called celebrity weekly Halloween edition.  "But wait who are" Daphne looks behind the bookcase only to find there is noody there. "You..."

Daphne returns to see Shaggy and Fred stood beside a massive pile of books. 

"There's nothing in any of these booka bout a painting or an orchid." Fred says. 

"I guess we've hit a dead end." Velma says.

"More like an undead end." Shaggy jokes. 

"There must be something that links the two items." Y/n sighs.

"Guys." Daphne says getting everyone else's attention. "I think I found what were looking for." She says holding up the magazine now. "It's an old issue of Halloween celebrity weekly and on page 128 is..." She flips the magazine open to the page. 

"Countess Hagula's youth juice?" Fred says reading out the headline of the page. 

"Four essential ingredients and eternal youth can be all yours. But this is just a stupid Halloween prank." Daphne says confused.

"Clearly our vampire didn't get the message." Y/n says looking at it now. 

"Check out the first two ingredients." Velma says as she points to the article now. "The pigment from our stolen painting and the pollen of a star orchid!"  

"This is it! Our vampire must be trying to make some youth juice." Fred says. 

"It's the only lead we have, We might as well see where it takes us." Y/n says in agreement. "Nice work Daphne." He adds and she looks smiles smugly. 

"Yeah and nice call on coming here Velma." Shaggy says. 

Velma holds up her hand now. "Too little, too late." She says. 

"If we want to know where the vampire will strike next we should look at what the ingredients are." Y/n suggests.

"Then we can get there first and trap them!" Fred jumps in. 

 "The next ingredient is a chateau la rouge crimson ruby rose bordeaux 1911. There's only one restaurant in town that has a wine list that extensive to include that vintage. The crab net of Dr Calamari. " Velma says.

"Oh bon..." Y/n sighs.

The Mystery gang were sat in the Mystery machine outside Daphne's now .

"Dr Calamari's has a very strict dress code, If we're going to get in we'll have to look the part." Daphne says as she opens her front door now. Stood inside however was Daphne's mom and the Sheriff.

"I think it's time for you to leave sheriff." Daphne's mom says. 

"Now Mrs Blake all I did was suggest your dressing up like she vamp and stealing random objects, no reason to get bad about it." The sheriff says as he puts his hat on.

"Mom? What's going on?" Daphne asks.

"The sheriff thinks I have something to do with these vampire attacks. Thank goodness Shelia was here." Daphne's mom says as Shelia walks up from behind her.

"Oh Nan don't you worry you're flawlessly skin and perfectly quaffed head about this it's just a misunderstanding." Shelia says and she shuts the door now. 

Daphne slowly turns around to look at the others now. "My mom is not behind this. We have to clear her name. Guys let's go to dinner." Daphne says determined. 

It was a busy night at the Dr Calamari restaurant. A smartly dressed couple entered as a waitress showed them to their table. Stood near the front door was the owner of the restaurant a middle aged pompous man with a moustache. His attention is caught by the sound of the front doors opening and he turns to welcome the potential diners. 

"Welcome to the crab net of..Dr Calamari..." He says confused in a heavily French accent. The reason for his confusion was because stood in front of him where the mystery gang dressed in stereotypical French outfits and even fake painted moustaches. 

Y/n had refused to change and remained so in his normal suit. Clean and shaven. 

"Bonsiour." Fred says mispronouncing the saying horribly. "My chums and I would like your finest table." Fred then says in an even worse French accent. "but first we need to inspect your...wine cellar."  He says nervously adjusting his ascot. "Qui, Qui." He then adds and looks at the gang who all start saying "Qui Qui" in unison. 

"Do you have a reservation?" The owner asks now unimpressed.

"Uh..." Fred stammers.

"No reservation. No table." The owner says.

The gang all look at each other unsure what do now until Y/n steps forward.

"Bonsoir monsieur. Vous pardonnerez à mes amis et à leurs terribles français, vous savez comment sont les Américains. Malheureusement, nous n'avons pas la réservation requise mais ... je suis sûr que nous pouvons trouver quelque chose non?"  Y/n says as he produces a few bills in his hand and the man's eyes light up a little and smile appears on his face.

"Why of course." He says in an obliging tone.

"We'd also like to pick our own wine." Y/n says now.

The owner gives him a smile. "Please, The cellar is at the back." He says and Y/n begins to walk slowly and the gang hesitantly follow him. 

"You speak French as well?" Velma asks Y/n now.

"I can speak English, Italian, French and Japanese." Y/n says answering her question.

"Wow cultural." Daphne says impressed.  

"Like how did you get him to change his mind?" Shaggy asks Y/n now.

"Money is the language everyone speaks." Y/n says confidently. 

Daphne gasps now as she looks to the side and everyone looks and they can see Daphne's mother and her friend Shelia sat at a table eating. 

"What is my mom doing her?" Daphne says.

"And how did she beat us?" Fred wonders.

"Well we are travelling in a van. Not the most speed efficient vehicle." Y/n points out.

Velma notices an employee walking out of a door now with a bottle of wine. "That must be the wine cellar. Come on let's go." She says getting everyone back on track and they remove their disguises. The gang now made their way through the door and started to descend down a set of stairs.

"Listen if we're going to find that bottle we better split up." Fred suggests. "Velma you and Shaggy..."

"I don't like my partner." Velma says crossing her arms. 

"Really well I'm tired of being your guilt bucket." Shaggy says crossing his arms now. "I want a new partner too." He demands as everyone reaches the bottom of the stairs.

"Guys! We're going to have to work as a team if we want to catch Daphne's mom in the act and prove once and for all she's a undead bloodsucker!" Fred says.

"Fred!" Daphne says annoyed.

"Face it gang. Maybe we're not a team anymore." Velma says but as she does the lights to the cellar go out and the vampire can be heard shrieking. 

"Uh oh..." Scooby whines.

"Ditto on that uh oh." Shaggy says and the pair try to run only for the vampire to land in front of the pair.

"That wine will be mine!" The Vampire says and they launch at the gang as they start to run. Y/n ducks underneath as the vampire lands in front of everyone again and they all split up running.

Fred finds a nearby door and opens it. "Quick everyone in here!" He calls out. Both Velma and Daphne rush in his direction and through the door. 

Y/n also hurries in the direction but stops when he sees  Fred stood holding the door open. "Wait Fred that's a..." But he is interrupted by Shaggy tripping on a wine bottle that was on the floor causing him to fall into Y/n and the two fly past Fred and the door with Scooby following. Fred shuts the door with the vampire landing in front of what was actually a large cage the gang were in.

The vampire notices a key in the door now and they turn it locking the door and trapping the gang. "Fools!" The vampire says as they throw away the key.

"Everybody in here! nice..."Daphne says annoyed now.

"How was I supposed to know we'd get locked in by your mom?" Fred says back to her. 

"It's a cage Fred! you always want to stay on the outside of a cage." Daphne says and the gang can see the vampire taking out a bottle of wine from a shelf.  "And that's not my mom!. I don't think..." 

"One more ingredient  and I will have eternal youth forever!" The vampire says as they slink into the shadows of the cellar.  

Y/n picks himself off the floor now after he pushes Scooby and Shaggy off of him and he groans. He looks down at the locked cage door and sighs. "Daphne, Velma. Hair pin please..." He says.

The gang were now sat in the Mystery Machine after being kicked out of Dr Calamaris. 

"Like man we are totally off our game." Shaggy says as everyone looks despondent. 

Fred flicks open the magazine now. "The last ingredient in the recipe is a priceless cursed ruby called the devil's eye." 

"I know that jewel it's gorgeous." Daphne says.

"It's also on display at the Darrow university of oddities museum." Velma says as she looks it up on her phone. 

"Then that's where we should go." Y/n says thinking now if there was anything he could do to try alleviate the tension that seemed to be present in the group but he couldn't think of an answers. 

Fred was finishing as he set up a trap for the vampire inside the museum. On display was the ruby and above it Fred had set up several large nets.  

"Okay so my last trap was a complete failure but this one is so complicated it's got to work." Fred says as he holds a rope in his hands. 

"Something about this just doesn't make sense. If vampires don't age why bother with an eternal youth potion?" Velma poses. 

The of a door being closed can be heard now. "Get ready everyone." Fred says.

The figure of Daphne's mom can seen walking and Daphne looks in disapointment. "Oh no mom..it is you!" She says as she leaves her hiding spot.

"Daphne for traps sake we're in the middle of something here!" Fred calls out.

Daphne runs the where she had seen her mother last hoping to catch her in the act. 

The vampire was revealed to actually be crawling on the wall behind Scooby and Shaggy. It leaps at Shaggy causing the trap to spring into life. With the trap being sprung to early a pair of sandbags fall to the floor near Velma as they cause an exhibit to all and almost crush her.

The vampire lands on a glass case now. "I want that ruby!" 

Daphne runs back into the room after hearing the commotion. "Mom stop this." 

The vampire lands in front of the Ruby now. "The Devil's eye! Finally I will have eternal youth!" It says picking up the Ruby.

"Oh I don't think so." Velma says causing the vampire to turn around and look at her. "I switched the rubies what you're holding is a fake." 

"Deploy the second net!" Fred shouts before he pulls his rope but it falls to the floor with nothing happening and the vampire grins. 

A whistle gets everyone's attention however and they all look up to see Y/n stood on the floor above near the railing where another piece of rope was tied. Y/n gives a two finger salute wave to the vampire before he slashes at the rope causing the second net to fall and trap the vampire now.

"Agrh let me go! I'll get you all!" The vampire shrieks as it's head sticks out the net now.

"Mom you're vampireing is tearing this family apart." Daphne says now. "I'm sorry but you've left me no choice." Daphne says as she pulls out a large wooden stake and hammer edging closer to the vampire. "I'm going to have to stake you."

"Wait!" The vampire cries as they move their arms out of the net. "I'm not a vampire!" They move to take their mask off revealing Daphne's mother's friend Shelia underneath. 

"Shelia?" Everyone says surprised.

"But why?" Daphne asks as she puts the the stake and hammer down now. 

"It's rather simple." Y/n says as he jumps from the railing now surprising the others as he lands relatively unscathed as he makes his way over to the others. 

"My looks are starting to fade." Shelia says pointing to herself. 

The gang all look awkward as they try to deny her statement. 

"This is all your mothers fault. We're the same age but she's so beautiful, she has the skin of a teenager. That's when I realised she must be a vampire. I went to the Dinkley's shop to do a little research and found the recipe for the youth juice. That potion was going to make me young and beautiful forever, you see in college I majored in zoology and acrobatics studying the habbits of flying squirrels. I propelled myself in the air with my prod and glute muscles giving me the illusion of a real flying vampire. 

"Why didn't you just try wearing a little less make up? or a cuter haircut? Or use tape to pull back all your wrinkly..." Daphne starts to list 

"She means age gracefully." Y/n says saving Daphne from angering Shelia any further. 

"Age gracefully? Are you crazy? No the vampire serum was my only hope and I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling..."

"What's going on here?" A voice says and everyone looks to see Daphne's mother.

"Mom!" Daphne says rushing over to her.

"Ugh even now she steals my spotlight." Shelia groans.

"I'm so glad you're not an undead creature of darkness." Daphne says hugging her mom.

"Thanks honey?" Her mom says unsure on what she is talking about.

"but what are you doing here? Why have you been sneaking out." Daphne asks confused now. 

"I didn't want to say anything but I've been taking night classes. I'm getting my public notary degree" She announces. 

The gang all congratulate her as Shelia just looks on unimpressed still trapped in the net.

Daphne's mom takes Daphne's hand now. "You know I may be outrageously gorgeous but knowledge, knowledge is the key to true beauty." She says and Daphne smiles. "Well I'd better get going, I have to figure out what a notary is before tomorrow's final exam." She then says before leaving. 

Everyone was stood outside the museum now as Shelia was driven away in the back of police car in cuffs. 

"Another Mystery solved." Fred says. 

"Yeah..." Velma sighs and there's an awkward silence. 

"Well...see you guys...I guess." Daphne says as she starts to walk away.  

 "Yeah I uh...better call it a night so uh..." Fred walks away now to. 

Shaggy turns to Velma now. "Listen Velma I..." 

"Goodnight Norville." Is all Velma says as she walks away from him, Scooby and Y/n. 

"Maybe some time apart is what you all need." Is all Y/n says as he turns to leave now. 

"Looks like it's just me and you pal." Shaggy says to Scooby with a sigh. 

A man on a nearby hill watched the as the six youths all walked away from on another in different directions and his brow furrows with annoyance. 

And that's the chapter! I hope you are all enjoy the story as much as I am writing it :) We've just reached 30k in reads so thank you everyone! Sadly it would seem tension runs rife in the Mystery Inc, Will some time apart help them? Find out next week in....

The Shrieking Madness.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

96.7K 1.8K 30
Description: This story take place during the events of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and has the Protagonist working part time at Dinkley's Mystery bo...
2.5K 99 9
In the quaint town of Crystal Cove, a new mystery-solving duo emerges, unveiling secrets that lie beneath the surface. Meet Ethan Jones, the enigmati...
118K 1.3K 13
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred Jones, Daphne Bl...
3.8K 23 8
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred, Daphne, Shaggy...