The Mystery Within

By RSPBLiterature

Y/n has led a dark mysterious life up until this point. But finally fed up with not knowing if he will even l... More

1. Welcome to Crystal Cove
2. Beware the Beast Below
3. The Creeping Creatures
4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig
5. Revenge of the Man Crab
6. The Song of Mystery
8. In Fear of the Phantom
9. The Grasp of the Gnome
10. Battle of the Humungonauts
11. Howl of the Fright Hound
12. The Secret Serum
13. The Shrieking Madness
New Cover Art
14. When the Cicada Calls
15. The Wild Brood
16. Where Aphrodite Walks
17. Escape From Mystery Manor
18. The Dragon's Secret.
19. The Menace of Manticore
20. Attack Of The Headless Horror
21. A Haunting in Crystal Cove.
22. Dead Justice
23. Pawn of Shadows
24. All Fear The Freak.
25. The Night the Clown Cried
26. House Of The Nightmare Witch
27. The Night The Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
28. Web Of The Dreamweaver.
29. The Hodag of Horror.
30. Art of Darkness.
31. La casa รจ dove si trova il cuore
32. The Night On Haunted Mountain
33. Grim Judgement.
34. Night Terrors.
35. The Midnight Zone.
36. Scarebear
37. Wrath of Krampus.
38. Theatre Of The Doomed
39. Aliens Among Us
40. The Horrible Herd.
41. Dance Of The Undead
42. The Devouring
43. Stand And Deliver
44. The Man In The Mirror
45. Nightmare In Red
46. Dark Night Of The Hunters
47. Gates Of Gloom.
48. Through The Curtain.
49. Come Undone
50. 15 Years Later

7. The Legend of Alice May

18.5K 585 1K
By RSPBLiterature

If anyone know how to draw in they Mystery Incorporated style I would love to try work out a way to do some drawings for story :) Shot in the dark I know. 

A limousine pulls up outside a house as a young man stands on the porch in his prom suit. His mother is proudly taking photos of him as his dad watches on.

"No more mom, come on that is like you're third memory card." The man says as he covers his eyes from the flash. 

"Sorry. It's just that I remember my prom. So much joy, so much passion. The best night of our lives. Remember dear?" She says to her husband who is stood looking unamused.

"You didn't go with me..." He says annoyed.

"Oh...right." The mother says and the sound of the limousine horn is heard behind the young man.

"Okay I'm late now I got to go." The young man says as he leaves his parents, makes his way to the limo and he gets in handing his date a corsage before shutting the door behind him. His mother waves as the limo takes off now.

"Thanks for coming with me Randy." His date says. "Can I make a little confession. This isn't my first prom." The girl says and randy looks at her a little confused.

"What do you mean? Where you held back?" He asks.

"No. At my other schools I went to prom with other boys." The girl says.

"Look I just wanna party hard, Get my swerve on you know." Randy says.

"I just want you to know you're the one." The girl says before she leans into his ear. "Are you Randy?" She asks before she rips off her face. "Are you the one?" 

Randy begins to freak out. "What!" He cries as he backs away from her.

"Be my boyfriend Randy. Forever and ever and ever!" She giggles and Randy screams

A woman screams on a Tv as she falls to the ground as man holding a wooden steak and hammer looks on. "Suck on that suckers." He says as the words "The End?" Appear on screen.

Shaggy and Scooby are shivering under a blanket as they watch.

"And don't forget this weekend is our annual Van-ghoul-athon! 455 Van Ghoul classics without commercials." A voice announces on the Tv. 

Shaggy pops his head out of the blanket now. "Oh boy! Oh Boy Scoob! Like this year's Van-Ghoul-athon sounds great!" He says excitedly.

Scooby pops out of the blanket now as well. "Reah! Just eating and Van Ghoul, Eating and Van Ghoul." Scooby says.

"For a whole week yippie!" The two say together.

"Yeah...Yippie..." A bored voice says and the two look at Velma who was sat on the couch looking more bored than ever.

"Ah like hey Scoob all this marathon talk is getting me kind of hungry." Shaggy says.

"I'm on it. Scooby Dooby Doo!" Scooby says and both he and Shaggy giggle before Scooby leaves the room to get some food.

"Like what gives Velm? You love the marathon." Shaggy says to Velma.

"That was last year. This year the marathon falls on our one month anniversary." Velma says as she scoots closer to Shaggy. "And the Prom!" She says excited and cosies up to Shaggy. "Fortunately I think I have the perfect solution."

Shaggy gulps. "Like am I going to like it?" Shaggy asks nervously.

"We'll have our official coming out together at the prom then celebrate by watching the marathon. Alone. Just us." She says putting Shaggy's arm around her.

"Oh boy..." Shaggy says. 

Y/n was stood in his bedroom in front of a large board as he studied it. Covering the board was several photos of people all connected by lines of string. Y/n sighed as his brow furrowed looking at one persons photo in particular.

"Un giorno ti ucciderò...." Y/n says with contempt.

It was the next day as Fred, Y/n and Daphne were walking through the school halls.

"You okay Y/n you just kind of disappeared the other night without saying anything." Fred asks.

"I'm fine. I just wanted some time alone is all." Y/n says.

"Are you sure?" Daphne now asks.

"Look I do appreciate your concerns. But I really did just want to be alone that was all." Y/n says.

Daphne looks at Fred who just shrugs.

The three now notice new posters from prom on the school walls.

"Gee. Look at that. I guess prom is coming up." Daphne says and she turns to Fred. "Any plans?" She then asks him.

"I'll probably do the same thing I do every year. Monitor my police and patrol the sewers." Fred says. "You gunna go?" Fred asks Daphne.

"I don't know, I guess if someone asks me." Daphne says trying to drop a hint to him.

"Gotcha. Well good luck with that." Fred says as he begins to walk off following Y/n to his locker as Daphne stands in shock. 

Y/n opens his locker now as he takes out some books. "What about you Y/n you going to prom?" Fred now asks as Daphne catches up to them.

Y/n closes his locker now and looks at Fred. "Do I look like I'm even remotely interested in going to prom..." Y/n says.

Fred just laughs. "Well you can always come patrol the sewers with me." He says and Daphne groans.

"I think I'll pass...Besides I'm busy with something." Y/n says unimpressed by the idea.

Just as Fred begins to open his locker a girl appears at the locker next to Y/n's 

"Oh buttercups." She says getting everyone's attention. "Come on open." She pleads as she fiddles with her locker.

"Let me try." Fred says as he moves to her locker. "These are series S Kaiser tumblers." Fred says as he fiddles with the locker dial. "Sometimes they stick." Fred adds as the locker door opens now. 

"You can open a locker but not get out of a pair of handcuffs..." Y/n comments but it goes ignored. 

"Wow that's amazing!" The girl says impressed but Daphne looks on jealous. "Thank you so much. My name's Alice. Alice May. I'm new." The girl introduces herself.

"Hey just like Y/n. I'm Fred Jones. That's Y/n and this is..."

"New huh? Well good luck. Come on Fred let's go." Daphne says as she starts to walk away hoping Fred would follow but as she turns back to look she can see he is Fred still talking to Alice while Y/n is walking away from the two.

"You know this school can be like a maze." Daphne and Y/n can hear Fred say to Alice as he then pulls out a model of the school out of nowhere. "I've actually made several models of it in my spare time to chart my class route." Fred says as he hands Alice the model. 

"Oh how sweet!" Alice says looking at the model. "Thanks Fred." She sighs. "Wow I think I'm going to like it here." She adds as Fred smiles at her.

Y/n looks to the side as he can see the hurt in Daphne's face. Y/n's face sports a look of small annoyance as he remembers something from the past but it then changes to pity and sympathy for Daphne. He doesn't say anything however as he walks past her.

Y/n, Shaggy, Velma, Scooby and Daphne were sat in the school's auditorium. The students had been called for an emergency assembly.

Y/n was sat between Daphne and Velma with a bored expression as they waited for the assembly to start. 

Velma leans over to Shaggy who is sat on the other side of her now. "Just a few nights away. Don't forget to call the limo guy." She says to him.

"Yeah. You got it Velm." Shaggy says nervously. 

Daphne looks around now. "Where's Fred? He said he would be here." Daphne says but she suddenly sees Fred walking down to the rest of the gang with Alice. "Oh no he didn't..." Daphne says annoyed.

"Hey Gang!" Fred says happy as he and Alice arrive in front of them. "This is Alice she's new, I've been kind of showing her around." Fred says introducing her to the others before she and Fred sit down next to Daphne. 

"Fred's like my white knight." Alice says smiling at him. 

"What a sweetie..." Daphne says bitterly.

Y/n just watches the scene with little interest. 

"And now if you could all quiet down Sheriff Stone has a few words." Mayor Jones says on the stage getting everyone's attention as the Sheriff walks up to the mic.

"Thank you Mayor." Sheriff Stone says. "Prom. Obviously we want a safe enjoyable evening. As some of you might be aware there have been several recent reports of a phantom limousine with a ghost girl inside stealing away young men into the night probably as some arcane ritual." Sheriff Stone says. Shaggy and Scooby look at each other terrified. "We're advising all students not to get into phantom limousines on prom night if at all possible." Sheriff Stone finishes. 

"Jinkies talk about a bad date." Velma says.

"It could always be worse I suppose. You could always find yourself taking them home only to discover your date was actually someone hired to kill you." Y/n proposes but he see's everyone looking at him. 

"Like, that's incredibly specific."  Shaggy says.

"I'll say." Fred adds before he gets up. "But, I think we've got another mystery on our hands!" Fred says excited. The others get up now and Alice turns to Fred. 

"Well, I'd better get going. Still a lot of unpacking to do at my house." She says.

"Need a lift?" Fred asks her and Daphne puts her hands on her hips becoming jealous and annoyed again.

"That's okay I like walking." She smiles and turns to the rest of the gang.  "It was nice meeting all of you." She says to them before she begins to walk off.  

Fred turns to Daphne now. "Hey Daph are you coming?" He asks.

"I'm going to walk too." She says crossing her arms. "Besides I want to do more research on those kids who disappeared in the Crystal Cove caves.  The ones Mr E warned us about. I hate going home. Clueless." she says to Fred before she walks off. 

Y/n begins to walk away as well now. "You not coming with us Y/n?" Fred asks.

"I have some research of my own to do. Let me know if anything comes up." Y/n says as raises his hand in a half hearted goodbye and walks out the auditorium.

Y/n walks into the school library heading for a section where old newspapers were kept but as he rounded the corner he came face to face with Daphne.

"Are you here to help me?" Daphne asks.

"I'm afraid not." Y/n says. "I have my own research to do." 

"Your own research?" Daphne asks.

"Private research." Is all she gets out of Y/n. "I see you weren't fond of Alice." Y/n comments as he takes out a stack of old newspapers now. 

Daphne crosses her arms becoming immediately jealous at the mention of her. "Don't tell me you've been enthralled by her too."    

"It will take more than a few blonde locks and blue eyes to charm me." Y/n says. "Don't overwork yourself now alright." He says before leaving Daphne alone now. 

It was the middle of the night and Daphne was still in the school library with the desk light being the only source of warmth and light in the room. Daphne was flipping through a book when she noticed several torn out pages. Next she opens up a map to see several holes have been cut into it.  

"Weird. It's like someone has erased everything about the missing kids." She says to herself before she takes the pendant from her neck and opens it. The small song inside plays as she looks at the photo. "Who doesn't want you found?" Daphne asks the people in the locket's photo.

The light on the desk suddenly turns off giving Daphne a fright. She pulls on the switch but it never turns back on. "Hello?" She calls out. "Someone there? I'm still working." She says nervously. "Y/n is that you?" She asks hoping it was just him coming back but she gets a silent reply. 

Daphne takes out her phone and turns on it's flashlight now. She walks to a nearby wall with the light switches but finds that they are out of use as well.  The sounds of sudden running footsteps startles Daphne and she yelps dropping her phone. 

"Who's there?" She asks a little frightened now. "Velma?" She looks around. "Fred?"  She looks to the side now. "Y/n?" Daphne can she a shadow appear on a wall at the far end of the library now and she gasps as she then see's a girl's silhouette appear behind a nearby bookshelf before disappearing behind it. Daphne grows determined as she chases after the silhouette but as she rounds the corner to the bookshelf she can hear a creaking as the bookshelf begins to fall and she only just manages to jump out of the way as she screams. As she gets up she can hear the sound of the library's door closing and Daphne rushes out to find whoever was behind this.

The school hallways were now dark and desolate as only small patches of moonlight lit small areas through the windows. Daphne walked carefully down the hallways keeping an eye out. The sound of a creaking door grabs her attention however and she finds herself heading to the girls locker room. 

"Hello?" Daphne calls out as she enters but get's no response once again. She walks to a set of sinks in front of some mirrors now as she sighs. "Maybe It's just my imagination..." She says to herself as she begins to pour water from the sink and splash it in her face. As she looks back up into the mirror she is certain she can see the silhouette of a ghost girl and she scream but as she turns around she can see Alice stood there instead.

"Daphne it's just me." Alice says. 

"I...what are you doing in here?" Daphne asks still shaken up. 

"I was using the showers. They haven't turned the water on at my house yet." Alice explains. "I didn't think anyone was still at school. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Alice says innocently. 

"No. I'm sorry, I thought I was alone too. You must think I'm silly." Daphne says back.

"What's silly about being scared." Alice replies a little sinisterly and Daphne's smile disappears and there's a present tension in the air.

"Well's it's getting late and I should be heading home." Daphne says as she walks past Alice. "You coming?" She asks.

"No, thanks still got some cleaning up to do." Alice replies and Daphne nods slightly before she leaves the girls locker room. However when she does she immediately hides around a corner and waits. A few moments go by when Alice looking suspicious leaves the locker room and takes out a key. She places it in the lock of a nearby door and heads inside shutting the door behind her. Daphne looks to see the word Basement written on the door. 

It was the next day and the gang were all relaxing at the K-Ghoul station. Shaggy and Scooby were playing on the station's arcade machine, Y/n and Velma were both sat on the couch reading while Fred played with ascot. Daphne was pacing around the room until she came to a stop. 

"I'm telling you, She's up to something." Daphne says.

"Come on Daph, So Alice was using the shower and hanging out in the school basement late at night. Haven't we all?" Fred chuckles.

"No I agree with Daphne." Y/n says as he lowers his book now and Daphne looks at him. "Taking away the shower thing which is shady at best, Add the fact you were almost crushed by a bookshelf and this going into the basement ? She's up to something..." Y/n says.

"See Y/n believes me! What if Alice is the ghost girl the sheriff mentioned." Daphne says now turning to Fred. "You could be in danger Fred." She says.

"Don't you think I'd know if she were a ghost girl?" Fred asks.

"I'd be willing to bet... no." Velma says as she and Y/n execute a no look high five. 

"Like what do we actually know about Alice?" Shaggy asks now as his game ends.

"You mean, besides the fact that she's super nice, and her hair smells like peaches, and sometimes I get lost in her eyes, and -" Fred begins to ramble.

 "Fred Jones, do you like this girl?" Daphne asks heartbroken as she steps in front of Fred. 

Fred points at his wrist. "Wow, look at the time."

"You're not wearing a watch Fred..." Y/n points out.

"Oh. Well, I'd better go find one, then!" Fred says as he quickly leaves the Radio station not even giving Daphne an answer. 

"You guy's should take a look at this." Angel says getting the rest of gang's attention. "That boy your ghost girl grabbed a couple of towns over, baby, He wasn't the first."

Y/n crouches down and looks at the monitor now. 

"These attacks go back to the turn of the centaury." Velma says looking at it herself now.  

"Looks like your ghost girl's building herself... a man posse." Angel comments.

"Zoinks! Like, what if Fred's her latest possum?" Shaggy says.

"Not on my watch." Daphne says. 

Everyone minus Fred was now sat in the Mystery Machine as Y/n drove.

"Exactly how did you get Alice May's address again?" Velma asks Daphne. 

"I found it in her locker, I noticed the combination while Fred was helping her. Lucky huh?" Daphne explains. 

Y/n brow furrows as their destination comes closer and he comes to a stop outside of the Crystal Cove Cemetery. "This can't be right..." He says.

"Like tell me she moved." Shaggy comments 

Y/n, Velma and Daphne get out of the Mystery machine now. 

"Eh what about Reddy?" Scooby asks. 

"I left him a message. Every minute we wait he could be in danger." Daphne says as she walks to the gates and pushes them open. "We should split up, cover more ground." 

Everyone else looks at her concerned. 

"I don't think that's such a..." Velma starts.

 "I'll go with Y/n and Scooby, Velma you go with Shaggy." Daphne says. 

"Sounds good to me." Velma says quickly changing her mind and she links arms with Shaggy dragging him away with her.

Daphne begins walking off now as Scooby and Y/n look at one another. Y/n sighs. "Come on Scooby we better go after her." Y/n says.

Velma and Shaggy were looking all around as Shaggy's head kept nervously turning to look behind them.  He get's startled when Velma turns to him suddenly.

"So how's it going with the prom tickets?" She asks him. 

"Prom tickets." Shaggy laughs nervously. "Like..Yeah..um I gotta do that." 

"What about the limo?" Velma asks now. "And my corsage? Your tux?" 

Shaggy just blinks at all the questions.

"Do you not want to go to the prom with me? If you don't want to go just tell me." Velma says irritated. "I'll understand." 

Shaggy chuckles. "What a relief because..."

"What why?" Velma quickly says upset as she looks at Shaggy sadly. "I don't believe this! I knew it! I knew it!" 

"Velma stop breaking the cemetery!" Shaggy pleads. "I was just kidding. Of course I want to go." He says to get her to stop.

"You do?" Velma asks and she quickly hugs him. "Oh Shaggy! We're going to have such a wonderful evening!" She says happily.

The silhouette of a person runs in the background of the two but they don't notice it. 

"Keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious you two." Daphne says to Y/n and Scooby.

Y/n suddenly puts his hands in front of Scooby and Daphne stopping them from walking any further.

"Did you hear something?" Daphne asks nervously. 

The sounds of footsteps become audible behind them and the three quickly turn around only to be met by nothing. 

"Someone is following us. Keep your guard up." Y/n whispers to the two warning them. He keeps his eyes on the path behind them until screams from both Daphne and Scooby get his attention. He turns around to see the Ghost Girl being lit up by the torchlight.

"Like that scream sounded like Scooby Doo!" Shaggy says.

"And Daphne!" Velma says "Come on!" She says as she and Shaggy start running towards the scream but it doesn't take long until they can see Scooby and Daphne who is dragging Y/n with  her running in their direction. 

"Daphne why did you scream? Why are you dragging Y/n?" Velma asks but her question is soon answered as she see the Ghost Girl appear behind them. 

"That's why!" Daphne says and the Ghost Girl cackles.

Daphne then trips causing her and the others to end up rolling down a hill where a mausoleum is. 

"Quick in there!" Velma says and the gang all rush inside with Y/n following as they slam the door shut behind him.

"Like if that was Alice May she needs some serious moisturiser!" Shaggy says.   

Scooby begins to sniff around.

"Where are we?" Daphne asks. 

Y/n shines his flashlight at a coffin with the name Carlswell on it.

"Carlswell? That's the Creeper!" Shaggy suddenly says. 

"The Creeper?" Y/n asks. 

"Deacon Carlswell. I remember him, He was robbing banks disguised as a phantom but in reality he was the bank manager." Daphne says.

"Well plenty of bank managers do it, They just don't wear disguises." Y/n comments. 

"Hold on...Isn't Carlswell still incarcerated in jail. Alive." Velma comments.

"Hmm... interesting." Y/n says and he hands Velma his flash light as he rolls up his shirt sleeves and pushes the top of stone lid coffin off. 

The gang look inside the coffin but instead of a body they find old costume parts.

"This is part of the Creeper's old costume." Daphne says picking up a mask and then a piece of paper. "And look at this, A transfer slip from Crystal Cove High." Daphne says.

The Door to the mausoleum suddenly sounds as someone pounds their fist on it. Y/n immediately takes the front as everyone stays behind him. 

"Zoinks she's back!" Shaggy says frightened as he and Scooby shake with fear.

The door suddenly opens revealing Fred. "Hey Gang! "What are you doing in here?" Fred asks walking in.

"Fred!" Everyone says relieved. 

"Wow this is a neat mausoleum." Fred comments. 

"Fred you're safe!" Daphne says happy but she quickly becomes serious. "I'm not sure how to say this but, Alice May is a ghost. She wants to put you in her man posse!" Daphne says.

"What are you talking about?" Fred asks. 

Daphne turns around to the others now. "Gang? Tell him." but they all remain silent. "Why aren't you saying anything?" 

"Um..like it's hard to say who attacked us. It could have been Alice May's really sundried great grandmother." Shaggy says.

"Velma? Scooby?" Daphne asks.

"I'm sorry Daph but I'm just not sure." Velma admits.

"Y/n?" Daphne asks.

"I never got a clear look at them because you started to dragging me away Daphne." Y/n says scratching the back of his head.

"I think I know what this is about." Fred says and he chuckles. 

"You do?" Daphne asks 

"You found out Alice has asked me to the prom and you think It's going to affect our friendship." Fred says.

"You..You're going to the prom with...Alice?" Daphne asks completely heartbroken.

Y/n closes his eyes and  shakes his head at Fred's decision.

It was Prom night and Velma was in her room getting ready.

 She was looking at herself in the mirror as she wore her prom dress. Her parents smiled and took a photo of her before Velma put on her trademark sweater over her dress.  

Fred was in his room doing up an orange bowtie in the mirror but as he walked away he got in one of his own traps. 

Scooby was preparing for the Ghoul-athon as he took a very large sandwich out of the fridge as Shaggy watched from outside. He was putting his tuxedo into a suitcase before stashing it in some bushes. 

Y/n sighed as he finished buttoning up his shirt. "I must be insane..." He sighs to himself. His phone began to ring and he turned around taking it out of his coat pocket answering it.

"It's outside, Key is under your doormat.  You've got it till tomorrow morning and If I see a scratch on it you're dead." A voice says on the other end and Y/n chuckles. "Oh and Y/n. This squares our debt. I'm not going to rat you out, But I ain't helping you either. After this we go our separate ways. Permanently." The voice says.

"That suits me just fine." Y/n says before he hangs up.

Daphne was sat on her bed in her Prom dress sniffling as she looked at photo of Fred.

"This was supposed to be the greatest night of our lives." She says looking at the photo. 

Daphne's bedroom door opens and she looks up to see one her sisters wearing a military uniform walk in. 

"Hey, baby sis. Something got you down." Her Sister asks.

"Hey, Delilah. It's okay, I'm fine." Daphne lies.

"No, no, I can tell. Same way I can tell when I look in the eyes of the enemy and see their cold, grey heart and know it's either me, or them." Delilah says. 

"Uh, okay..." Daphne says confused and she looks back at Fred's photo.

"Ah, boy trouble. I've been Fear's bunkmate before. Let me tell you a story. There was a beach. Enemy dug in along the shore. They picked us off one by one but I knew I had to get my men through, understand?" Delilah asks. 

"No." Daphne says.

"All right, here's another story -" Deliilah starts.

"Delilah, really, don't worry. I'm gonna figure this out." Daphne says to her sister.

"I hear you. Call if you need me. Whoo-aahh! By the way there's a boy here to see you. I'll send him up" Delilah says and she salutes Daphne. 

"Fred?" Daphne asks hopeful as she gets up from her bed. 

Her hopes are dashed however when she see's Y/n enter her room. 

Y/n can see the disappointment in Daphne's face when she sees he is not Fred but he doesn't take it to heart. "Look... I know I'm not exactly Fred. But I've come to take you to prom." 

"What?" Daphne says surprised. "But I thought you said you weren't going to prom?" Daphne asks.

"I wasn't going to go but...no girl should go to prom alone right?" Y/n says and he rubs the back of his neck feeling awkward. "You don't have to say yes but I thought I'd at least try and make your night worthwhile. If Fred's going with Alice why don't you try show him what he's missing?" Y/n says with a smile and Daphne looks at him properly now. 

Y/n sticks out his arm to Daphne now. "Just think of me as a friend."  He says and Daphne thinks for a moment before taking it. 

"You're right. I'll show him what he's missing." Daphne says smiling a little and Y/n gives her a smile back as they walk out of her room.

Daphne's parents were stood at the door ready to see Daphne off but were surprised when they saw her walking down the stairs arm in arm with Y/n and they looked at one another.

"Daphne dear, I thought you said you were going to prom alone." Daphne's mother says as innocently as she can.

"Oh, Well I was but Y/n here was kind enough to come and take me to prom himself." Daphne says with a smile to her parents.

"I see..." Daphne's father says as he looks Y/n up and down before the two lock eyes. "I suppose you clean up well enough for prom." He comments.

"Ah I almost forgot." Y/n says as he reaches into his Tux suit pocket and produces a Corsage. It was a Black Rose attached to a band. Y/n slips it on to Daphne's wrist.  

Daphne looks at the rose. "It's beautiful." She comments. 

"I'm not very well versed in things like prom." Y/n admits but he was happy that Daphne seemed at least little happier.

"I gather you at least were competent enough to arrange a limo to transport you to prom?" Daphne's father asks. 

"No limo was available at such a short notice, So I've made other arrangements." Y/n says. "Shall we?" He then asks Daphne and they makes their may to the front door.

"Oh our poor pumpkin. She's going to be taken to her high school prom in some form of junk." Daphne's father says as they follow the two out but both are surprised by the car they see waiting outside their mansion. 

"I hope you don't mind." They hear Y/n say to Daphne now and they look at him slightly differently now. 

"I thought this might be more exciting to arrive in than just a limo like everyone else." Y/n says to Daphne as he opens the passenger side door for her then helps her in. He shuts the door but doesn't turn around. 

"I know you hate me." He says to Daphne's parents and they look at him. "I don't care though. I'm just a friend who's making sure their friend has a good night, nothing more." Y/n says and he doesn't wait for a response as he walks around the car and get's in. 

The car's engine kicks into life as it then accelerates down the driveway. Daphne's parents can then hear the car as it speeds off into the distance.

Daphne's Mom turns to her husband. "He has a rugged charm to him doesn't he." She comments.

"Hmm." Her husband muses. "Not a pushover either... At least better than that Fred Jones." Her husband admits.

Y/n was driving down on the road as he could see a few limos also making their way in the same direction. An idea come to Y/n and he lets out a small smile. "Want to have some fun?" Y/n asks Daphne and she raises her brow. "Hold on." Y/n says as he puts his foot down on the accelerator and the car speeds up roaring as it rockets past Limo's on it's way.  Daphne holds onto to her seat as the G-force kicks in but she soon finds herself laughing with fun and excitement.

Y/n however is responsible and brings the car back to a sensible speed after not long.

"Hey Y/n." Daphne says and he looks at her for a moment before he returns his eyes back to the road. "Thanks. For doing this I mean."  Daphne elaborates.

"It's fine Daphne. "Who knows. It might even be enjoyable for me." Y/n jokes a little knowing he couldn't really care less about the prom. 

"Can I ask you something?" Daphne asks.

"Sure." Y/n replies.

"Why did you do this for me?"  She now asks.

"I told you, No girl should go to prom alone." Y/n says. 

"But this is a lot of effort to go to for someone." Daphne points out but Y/n doesn't say anything for a few moments.

"Look I know you like Fred but he's quite honestly...the most dense human being I have ever met." Y/n starts. "I didn't want you to spend the whole night feeling awful because of his decision so I thought I could at least spend the night trying to take your mind off of it." Y/n admits.

Daphne does something that surprises Y/n however when she leans over and kisses his cheek.

"Huh what was that for?" Y/n asks surprised. 

"You do have a kind side to you buried beneath that tough persona of yours." Daphne smiles.

"I'll be sure bury it deeper next time then." Y/n smiles.

"So how did you get this car?" Daphne asks now changing the subject.

"A guy I know owed me a favour for something in the past. I only have that car till morning." Y/n says.

"Wow what did you do to get such a favour?" She asks.

"Nothing important." Y/n replies wanting to forget the reason. "Oh look we're almost there." Y/n says noticing the school in the distance appearing closer. 

There was a long line of Limousines in a queue outside the school as Y/n and Daphne arrived. 

Some of the prom-goers had noticed the car now and were quickly impressed. 

"Yo man is that a Ferrari?" One student asks.

"Dude...that's awesome. Who's rolling up in that?" His friend replies. 

After a while of waiting Y/n is finally able to get space to park the car and once he's out he helps Daphne out. She takes his arm as they begin to walk towards the dance hall. Halfway there Y/n feels Daphne stop and so does he. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"It's Freddie." Daphne says pointing out to Fred who is stood on his own. Y/n and Daphne look at each other before they walk over to him.

"Fred?" Y/n calls out to him and Fred notices the two now. 

"Hey guys!" He says happily and waves to them. "Did you guys decided to come to prom together?" He asks noticing their linked arms now. 

"Huh? Oh well..." Daphne quickly tries to think of a way to explain it.

"Where's Alice Fred? I thought you were coming with her?" Y/n asks to save Daphne.

"Oh Alice? I turned her down in the end. I figured why go with her when I can go with my friends?" Fred chuckles. "She took it quite well I thought." Fred says and Y/n looks at him sceptically. Y/n looks at Daphne now who is biting her lip and he unlinks his arms from hers and move her to stand in front of Fred. "I'm not big into dancing Fred so could you take Daphne for a dance." Y/n says and Daphne looks at him surprised. 

"No problem Y/n!" Fred says and he links arms with Daphne now. 

"Wait a second. What about you Y/n? Are you really okay with this?" Daphne asks him.

"Go. You've been waiting for this night you're whole life right?" Y/n says with a smile. 

Daphne gives him a smile back. "Thanks Y/n." She says before she and Fred turn around heading inside. 

Once they are out of sight. Y/n's smile drops and he lets out a deep sigh. "I need a cigarette..." 

Back at Shaggy's house he and Scooby were watching the Ghoul-athon.

"Let's slice up some fresh bacon."  A man on the Tv with a chainsaw says.

Scattered all across the living room table is mountains of food. 

"This is great!" Scooby giggles but he then notices Shaggy has hardly touched any of the food. "Hey what's wrong? Not hungry?" He asks Shaggy.

"Gee not right now Scoob," Shaggy says but then suddenly jumps up from his seat. "What am I saying I'm starved. Oh look we're out of sardines I'll go out and get some!" Shaggy quickly says before he hurries out the door leaving behind a very confused Scooby. Scooby then notices a tin of sardines on the table. "Huh Raggy wait!" Scooby cries as he gets up.

Outside waiting was Velma as she approached a rustling bush. "Shaggy is that you?" She calls out and Shaggy appears from behind it now having changed into his prom tux. 

"Yup! Let's go I'm in my pants." Shaggy says and he quickly rushes out of the bush taking Velma's hand as he hurries towards a limo waiting for the two.

Scooby gets outside just as he see's a limo driving off from in front of the house "Oh no It's the ghost girl!" Scooby says as he immediately jumps to the conclusion that Shaggy has been kidnapped and he chases after the limo calling out his name. 

Y/n was stood leaning against a tree away from the large crowds and out of view. He took a drag out of his half smoked cigarette as he felt the nicotine rush in his system. 

"Guess I didn't need to help out in the end." Y/n chuckles to himself.

The limo finally arrived at the school as Velma looked out the window. "Jinkies, There's no parking. Driver try round back." Velma suggests to their limo driver. 

"Hey nice car." Shaggy says pointing out a parked Ferrari.

The limo immediately starts to move again as it heads around the back of the school just as Scooby arrives. He looks around worried for the Limo until one pulls up at the front of the school and the ghost girl gets out of it. Scooby watches her walk inside before he then rushes to the limo only to see it's empty. "Raggy!" 

Inside the Gymnasium had been set up as a dance floor as couples danced together. Fred and Daphne were dancing together.

"Hey Daph what's with your face?" Fred asks. "You okay you look like your going to hork." Fred comments. 

Daphne has her eyes closed as she dances with Fred content and happy. "This is exactly like my dream. Us dancing. Then after we take a walk in the moonlight and you whisper in my ear..." 

"Scooby!" Fred cries out.

"Yeah...What!?" Daphne says surprised and she opens her eyes to see Fred was looking at Scooby Doo running in. 

"G..Ghost girl." Scooby cries out as he rushes to Fred and Daphne.

"Ghost Girl?" Fred repeats but as he does the lights to the Gymnasium go out and everyone looks to the stage where the ghost girl is standing. 

"I hope you saved a dance for me. Fred!" She says before she leaps off the stage towards him.  Everyone begins to flood out of the Gymnasuim as Shaggy and Velma are entering. 

"Like, wow! I didn't know this year's prom theme was terror and pandemonium!" Shaggy says.

"What's going on?"  Velma asks some of the felling students.

"Somebody's mom is trying to kill Fred." One says.

"Yeah, thanks, Mystery Geeks, for wrecking our prom." Another adds. 

Scooby sees Shaggy now and he runs up to him. "Raggy! You're alright!" he says relieved. "What are you wearing?" Scooby then asks noticing Shaggy's prom tux.

"Like um..." Shaggy begins to say but he is is interrupted by the ghost girl cackling. 

"Explain later!" Velma says as the gang begin to run into the hallways the ghost begins to chase after them but she quickly loses them. 

"Damn all these doors are locked." Fred says.

"Hang on, I got an idea." Daphne says as she goes to a nearby locker. 

"Hey isn't that Alice's locker?" Fred asks as Daphne opens it.  

"Yup. And this is the key to the school's basement." Daphne says pulling a key out of it. 

The gang moves quickly as they reach the basement and shut the door behind them.

Scooby watches through the peep hole as the ghost girl passes by.  "Phew..." He sighs. "She's gone." He tells the others.

"Hey you guys, look at this." Velma says getting everyone else's attention as she holds a backpack.

"That's the same backpack from the Carlswell crypt." Daphne points out and Velma opens it now and pulls out a familiar looking top. 

"Those are Alice's clothes." Fred says. 

"Along with Carlswell's creeper costume." Velma says as she pulls out the creeper's old costume. 

"Like I don't get it. Why would a ghost girl need to change clothes?" Shaggy asks.

"She wouldn't unless she's not a real ghost." Daphne says. 

"Gang. I think we're getting close to solving this mystery. Only one thing left to do and that's set a trap." Fred says.

The Ghost Girl was stalking around the school as she tired to the find Fred or any of the other gang members. She was now looking outside as she could see a figure leaned against a tree. She began grinning as she immediately recognised them as Y/n a friend of the gang. If she couldn't find them then he would do as a hostage of sorts. She cackled as she creeped over to him.  

Y/n was having his third cigarette of the night as he contemplated leaving the prom all together now. He had only come to cheer Daphne up and now she had Fred his task was more or less complete. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of cackling and he opens his eyes to see the Ghost Girl stalking towards him with a demented grin.  Y/n has an unimpressed look as he groans. He looks to both sides making sure no one is around before he puts his cigarette in his mouth. The Ghost Girl cackles again as she gets closer now but she suddenly stops when Y/n reaches into this tux jacket and pulls out an M1911 handgun pointing it at her. Her eyes widen with fear and she freezes on the spot. 

Y/n tilts his head to the side a little now and inhales on his cigarette before he exhales all the smoke. "This is no longer looking like such a wise move now is it." Y/n chuckles. 

The gang were stood outside the gymnasium ready to set a trap. They were shocked however when they walked into to see the Ghost Girl tied to a chair with ropes as Y/n was sat looking bored on the stage.

"Alright Y/n! You caught her!" Fred cheers.

"Let me go!" The Ghost Girl cries. "Away from this Psychopath!" She adds. 

"Hazy fantasy, Fred. Didn't you hear me when I said, "if you see a ghost girl, do not go to the prom with her."?" A voice says and everyone turns to see the mayor entering with Sheriff Stone.

"Don't worry, dad. She may look like a ghost girl, but in reality she's..." Fred unmasks the ghost girl revealing it to be Alice. "Alice May. Or she's also known as..."

"Alice Carlswell." The others of the gang say.

"Carlswell? As in Deacon Carlswell? The Creeper?" Sheriff Stone asks.

"That's right. He was my father. When daddy was imprisoned, I vowed revenge on those who put him there. I used his old costume to construct my own. When I found the legend of the ghost girl online, I was ready to spring my trap. I grabbed that fool Randy to throw you all off the track. And I kept him hidden and fed in my father's crypt until I could let him go. After that, it was just a matter of getting rid of your precious leader, Fred. I wanted to destroy your gang the way you destroyed my father. And I would have succeeded, too, if it weren't for you meddling... schoolmates... of mine and your crazy friend!" Alice says before she is led away 

Alice was led to Sheriff Stone's Police car as she driven away. Scooby appeared to be in a mood with Shaggy as the two were walking away. 

"Aw come on Scooby Doo you gotta believe me. I wanted to watch the marathon with you but..." Shaggy says.

"Don't touch me." Scooby says being moody as he walks off with Shaggy following.

"Remind me again why anyone would want to go to the prom?" Velma asks annoyed as her boyfriend and his dog walk off. 

"Gee I don't know, It was all bad right Fred?" Daphne asks.

"Are you kidding? It was awesome!" Fred says.

"Really?" Daphne asks thinking he was talking about the dancing together. 

"Yeah I mean Y/n managed to capture Alice without using a trap at all!" Fred says and Daphne groans. "How did you do it Y/n?" 

"Martial arts." Y/n joke but he can see Fred looking at him impressed. Y/n just face palms before he notices a backpack lying against the mystery machine and he picks it up. 

"Oh no. The sheriff forgot to take Alice's backpack for evidence." Daphne says and Y/n hands it to her but as he does a flap opens with a book falling out. "This is one of the old Crystal Cove year books." Daphne says as she picks it up. 

"There's a page marked." Fred says pointing to it now and they open the book to a picture of a group of teens with the caption "Mystery Incorporated" Underneath. 

"It's them! The kids who disappeared! " Daphne says quickly recognising two of the faces. She takes out her pendant now and opens it. Revealing that the two of the people in the photo match two in the book's photo. 

"They even have names." Velma says noticing now. "Brad Chiles, Ricky Owens, Cassidy Williams, Judy Reeves and their mascot Professor Pericles. Crystal High's crime solvers club, Mystery Incorporated."   

"Hey that's a good name." Fred says.

"These kids are just like us." Daphne says. 

"The question is, Why did they disappear?" Y/n says now and everyone looks at one another solemnly. 

"Well I guess that's another Mystery for another day." Fred says. "Come on I'll take you guys home." He then says to the four.

"I'll have to pass I'm afraid. I already have my ride home." Y/n says politely declining. "Speaking of." He turns to Velma. "Would you like a ride home Velma?" He asks her.

"Huh? Me why?" She asks. 

"I had something scientific I wanted to discuss with you in private." Y/n lies wanting to try give Daphne some alone time with Fred.

"Oh trust me Velma you'll love it!" Daphne quickly says.

"How would you know?" Velma asks confused.

"Y/n's the one who brought me to prom."  Daphne explains.

"I assure you the topic will be much more interesting than a Vincent Van Ghoul movie." Y/n says.

"I'm in." Velma immediately says and Y/n chuckles before quickly leaving to get the car.

"Hey I never asked what car did Y/n drive here?" Fred asks Daphne. "I bet it's something like Mustang or Maybe a Chevrolet." Fred says getting lost in the idea of cars but his and everyone else thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a certain Ferrari engine roaring into life as it rounds the corner and stops in front of them. 

"Ah It's so cool!" Fred says as he fan boys on the spot and begins to inspect it all over. " A Ferrari 458 Italia! Equipped with a 4.5 litre V8 engine!" He adds as he squeals a little excited.

The driver door opens and out get's Y/n. "Well you certainly know your cars Fred." Y/s comments. "To Velma however it's simply your ride home." Y/n jokes as he opens the passenger side door for her. 

Velma looks at the car a little shocked but quickly gets in and Y/n shuts the door behind her. "We'll see you later." Y/n says bidding Daphne and Fred farewell.

"Oh just quickly!" Fred says as he pulls out his phone and Y/n smiles nodding as Fred takes a few photos of the car. 

'If only he paid that much attention to a certain someone's feelings...' Y/n found himself thinking. 

He climbed into the car and soon both he and Velma were off.

"So this scientific conversation you wanted?" Velma starts the conversation. 

"Ah that simply was a ruse to give Daphne some alone time with Fred." Y/n admits to Velma. "So You and Shaggy?" He then says and Velma looks at him shocked.

"Not working out as well as you'd hope?" Y/n guesses and Velma sighs. "That bad huh?"

"Today was supposed to be our one month anniversary and the day we officially came out as a couple." Velma says frustrated as she crosses her arms leaning back against her seat with a solemn expression. 

"Hang in there Velma. Sometimes these things just take time" Y/n says trying to cheer her up.

Velma give a small smile to him. "By the way you never said. Why did you take Daphne to the the prom?" Velma asks.

"Well Fred hasn't exactly been the kindest to her feelings." Y/n says and Velma nods in agreement. "So I thought she could use some cheering up. When we arrived Fred said he had then turned Alice down, So I left Daphne with Fred." Y/n says.

"Wow, That was actually a really nice thing to do Y/n." Velma says taken aback by Y/n's kindness and maturity. 

"The things we do for friends." Y/n as he continues to drive into the night.

Alice was sat in her cell at the police station when the cell doors opened.

"Took you long enough." She says.

"Is it taken care of?" A man says.

"They bought the story. It'll be a couple of days before they realise Deacon Carlswell never had a daughter." Alice says as she gets up.

"By which time you will be long gone." The man says. "And the yearbook?" He now asks.

"In the backpack. Just like you said."  Alice replies. 

Alice now walks out of her cell as she and the man walk out of the building. 

"Someone went to an awful lot of trouble to hide that yearbook before I found it in the basement." Alice says as a limo pulls up now. "You ever going to tell me why you cooked up this whole Alice May scheme so I could just then hand it over to a bunch of kids and their dog?" Alice asks as she opens one of the doors to the limo. 

"You were paid for a job by my employer Mr E. And that job is over. You don't need to know his motives. Let's just say he needed them to start looking into the real mystery hiding beneath Crystal Cove. A mystery that led to the disappearance of four youths. A mystery that's time has come to be solved." The man says. 

Alice looks at him now. "Well tell Mr E I want extra pay. Having a gun pointed in my face was not a part of the terms." Alice says now and the man raises his brow at this information. "It's that friend of theirs you should worry about more." Alice says before she gets in the limo and it drives off. 

The man watches as the Limo disappears and thinks about what Alice has just said.

And that's the chapter! So Y/n's true colours and nature shine through a little. What do you all think? I thought it was more interesting to have Y/n take Daphne to prom then just Fred. If you liked this chapter and story then please don't forget to leave a vote and a comment and I shall see you all next time in....

In fear of the Phantom. Trust me It's going to be a good one ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 11 6
What if.................... a new guy joined the Scooby gang Any Scooby Doo story I type after this, will have James Hunt in them I DON'T OWN ANY RIG...
2.2K 96 9
In the quaint town of Crystal Cove, a new mystery-solving duo emerges, unveiling secrets that lie beneath the surface. Meet Ethan Jones, the enigmati...
11.8K 151 10
Sequel to 'Braedey Martin & Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island'. The Mystery Inc. Gang (Scooby-Doo, Shaggy Rogers, Fred Jones, Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkl...
118K 1.3K 13
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred Jones, Daphne Bl...