Hold My Towel (Tōru Oikawa)

By basic2Dsimp

What is a girl to do when the captain of the boy's volleyball team starts to follow her around? This is a sho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

220 11 2
By basic2Dsimp

I'm really not suited for this.

Her parents, just as she thought, announced they will be leaving the country to travel out for an international game. This meant - leaving her alone once again.

She was used to it, so it wasn't that big a deal. However, the change in their attitude was evident.

After Oikawa's little monologue at the dinner table, they had not once asked about anything related to the sport, but instead, began to inquire about her studies.

This made her wonder, if his words actually had an effect on them?

But it also made her think, if she ever made an attempt to communicate with them herself?

Maybe the fault didn't lay just with them, but with her as well. She acknowledged she was wrong too, and thus, couldn't blame just her parents for not being able to read her mind.

She watched her closet, picking out item after item with her eyes, examining them closely. None of them fit the look she was going for today.

Should she call-

No. Akari thought. No use in getting her all worked up. She will annoy the hell out of me if she hears about this.

Oikawa's proposition for a date caught her off guard. It took her a good one minute of staring into empty space and blinking before she could utter a quick "okay," and walk back into her house.

Though, it took her a good ten minutes to realize, what it was that he asked her, and cancelling now, would just cause him to sulk.

But why would she care? Let him sulk, it's not like it should even matter whether she rejects him or not. However, she couldn't seem to pick up her phone and text him that dreaded message.

"I probably looked like a moron." She thought, as she looked herself up and down in the mirror.

With the corner of her eye, she noticed a floral white dress, down to her mid-thigh, fitted tightly around her waist.

She took it off the hanger and threw it on.

It was the first time she wore it since her mother bought it for her from her trip to Argentina.

She gave a twirl in the mirror, before shrugging, and grabbing a hairbrush. As she tied her hair into a ponytail, she got herself into a pair of white strap-on heels.

Realizing she didn't have much time left before she had to leave, she quickly grabbed her jean jacket and a purse, quickly strutting downstairs.

"I'm leaving." She said, grabbing the keys off the table and walking to the front door.

"And where do you think you are going?" Her dad came out of the living room, his arms crossed. "You look too nice today."

"Wow, thanks." She said, sarcastically. "I'm meeting with a friend."

"Is this friend of yours that Toru?"

"I can't believe you remember his name." Akari stood there in fake awe.

"You have your mother's humor." Her dad sighed. "Alright. Just be back before ten."

"You aren't going to stop me?" Akari blinked in amusement. "Do you actually like him?"

"No." He said, agitated. "No way. That boy is as annoying as a needle in my as-"

"Dear! Can you come help me?" The both of them turned in the direction of Akari's mother's voice.

"I will go." Akari turned the knob.

"Have fun." Her dad waved, as she exited the house and made her way to the metro station.

She felt a tingly feeling pass from her feet to her shoulders and all the way to her fingertips. Her steps were faster than usual, but she didn't miss taking in the beautiful scenery of the river beside her home and the smell of the water.

What should I expect?

__________

"I can't believe you came earlier than me." Oikawa chuckled as Akari walked beside him with folded arms.

"Shut up." Akari mumbled.

"Come on, lets go." Oikawa grabbed her shoulders from behind. "We are on a date. D. A. T. E. Let's enjoy ourselves to the fullest extent."

Akari sighed.

"Fine." She said. "But I have one request."

Oikawa nodded his head, prompting for her to continue.

"I want you to be honest." She stopped, turning around to look him in the eyes. "I know you have a twisted personality."

"And who told you that?" Oikawa gasped dramatically.

"Hajime-kun and I sit at the same desk." The girl said, clasping her hands together behind her back. "You'd be surprised how much I know about you now."

Hajime, why? Oikawa released an exasperated sigh, before turning his head down to look at the girl.

"Fine." Oikawa gave a small smile. "I need to have a talk with him later though..."

"And also-"

"No, I'm not going to stop calling you Akari-chan, Akari-chan."

"It's like you read my mind." She frowned.

"Don't stand there like a statue, I have an idea of where we can go." Oikawa dug his hands into his pockets, beginning to walk once again.

"Fair enough."

Akari increased her pace until she finally walked beside him.

"Oh and by the way." He said, side glancing in her direction. "You look good."

A blush crept up her face, as she turned her head to the side without an answer.

"Cool." She finally uttered, as Oikawa chuckled with a sly look on his face.

He slid one of his hands out of his pockets, clasping it in hers.

She didn't resist.

Ah, this is warm, he thought, as he breathed in the chilly wind.

__________

"Is that really how it happened?" Akari chuckled as Oikawa raised his hands in defense.

"What was I suppose to do?" He said, nonchalantly but humorously. "Since then, Iwa-chan and I have been buddies."

"I see." Akari said, a small smile lingering on her lips. "So you and Hajime-kun are close?"

"Yeah, we have been friends for a long time, playing volleyball together." Oikawa said, looking up at the dark sky. "He is a great guy and even a scarier opponent."

"I agree." Akari replied, kicking a leaf which laid on the pavement.

Oikawa stopped.

Akari, no longer feeling footsteps behind her, turned to see what happened. There, she found an Oikawa with a serious expression on his face.

"I may be reaching." He said, with a sigh, as he rubbed the back of his head. "Do you like Hajime-kun?"

Akari blinked.

"What..."

"You always talk about him so positively." Oikawa said, his face agitated. "It's kind of frustrating."

Akari walked over to stand in front of the boy.

"Oikawa, are you a moron?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

Oikawa opened his mouth, then closed it, and then opened it again.

"I'm not sure how to respond."

"If I was into Hajime-kun, would I be here right now?" She said, growling in frustration as she placed a hand on her forehead.

"Are you trying to say you are into me then?" Oikawa smirked, pointing at his face.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." She said, waving him off, as she looked to the side.

Oikawa was about to continue as he noticed her gaze focus on something in particular.

He followed her line of sight, noticing a pair of swing sets.

"It's been a while since I was on one of these." She said, walking into the playground and towards the swings.

"Are you a child?" Oikawa remarked sarcastically, warming his coldish hands inside his pockets.

She ignored his comment, and took a sit on one of the swings.

She moved her feet back and forth against the ground, before she could feel the wind flow through her hair.

"Hey, Akari, I have a question." Oikawa said, his voice sounding oddly monotone.

This indicated to her, that he was about to ask a question and he wanted an honest answer.

"Yes?" She said, looking at him.

He was looking up at the sky once again.

"You were so easily able to throw away volleyball when it wasn't convenient for you anymore." He stated, bluntly. "How is that?"

"Hm." Akari thought to herself. "I don't really know myself. I just felt like quitting so I did."

"I see." Oikawa sighed.

"Don't tell me you are thinking of quitting as well." She furrowed her eyebrows. "You can't."

Of course that wasn't the case, but Oikawa decided to play her flute.

"You know that guy Kageyama from Karasuno?"

"I remember him."

"Yeah. He-." Oikawa was about to explain, but was rudely interrupted.

"No he didn't."

I'm starting to think we share one brain for two.

"I know what you are going to say." Akari got off the swings, hurrying over to Oikawa. "Some other setter won one match against you and now you are through? Are you stupid?"

She inhaled.

"I saw that match. That was the first time I've ever seen you, despite us going to the same school. I was shocked and impressed by your sets. They were so precise, modified for each individual player of your team, and accurate. I am not going to lie, I felt like I wanted to be one of the hitters that was going to receive your ball."

Oikawa smirked slyly, carefully listening to the girl.

"Fuck... I'm mumbling... What I'm trying to say is, you are a good setter, so you can't quit." She quickly finished her rant, realizing she was starting to sound sappy. "Yeah, that's it."

"That's it?" Oikawa said, pushing himself off a railing and walking closer to the girl.

She began to back up.

"This is really funny to hear from Ms. Hypocrite."

"I know." She said, her feet stumbling back. "But, now, it's different. I want to try again. And that's because you helped me see what I was desperately trying to ignore. You helped me remember that I once loved and still love volleyball. That's what made me like-."

Her eyes widened.

What was I about to say? She was shocked by her own words. There is no way... Was I about to tell him that I like him?

Do I?

Oikawa stood shocked for a moment, watching as the girl clasped a hand on her mouth, beginning to back away from him.

His face turned earnest, as he approached her figure. Her back had eventually hit a wall.

"Finish your sentence." Oikawa said, his eyes glistening in the moon light, as he began to close the proximity between the two of them.

"I was done."

"No you weren't." Oikawa cupped her cheek. "I know what you were going to say, so say it."

"Then why are you asking me if you know?" She gritted her teeth.

Oikawa chuckled.

"Because I like to make fun of you, Akari-chan." He pressed their foreheads together, as Akari's face grew red. "Akari-chan?"

"What do you want, you bastard?" She roared.

"Calm down tiger." Oikawa laughed, before a small smile settled on his face. "Can I kiss you?"

She searched his face for an answer before sighing in defeat. "Well, I'm not kicking you or punching you, so maybe that means something."

"Roger." Oikawa said, and before Akari could reply, she felt a cold sensation against her lips.

Their lips moved in sync, but Oikawa was the one in the lead. Akari deduced he had more experienced in this area, but that didn't really bother her. Instead, she rested her hands against his chest, keeping her eyes closed as she followed his lead.

Even I can tell he is really good at this, she thought in her head.

Oikawa opened one of his eyes, as he looked at her flustered expression.

Cute.

Finally, he broke the kiss.

"Akari-chan?" He asked again. "Mind finishing the sentence?"

"I-," Akari stumbled her words. "You are a dickhead."

"And?"

"And you are rude."

"And?"

"You actually have an awful personality."

"Ouch."

"But..."

"But..."

"You are a good friend."

Oikawa felt an irk.

"A friend, huh?" He repeated, a deadly smile on his face, as his eyes were shut closed. "I guess I should be satisfied with this much-"

"I like you."

Oikawa opened his eyes in amusement, not expecting to hear it from her. He felt his face grow hot at her words.

The next thing she knew, Akari felt herself get pulled into a tight embrace.

"Akari-chan?"

"What?"

"I like you too."

"Good for you."

"Can I expect another date?"

"You are moving fast."

"What's the point in waiting?"

"You are just taking advantage of the moment."

Akari felt his lips on hers again, as his hand was buried in her hair, and the other, bringing her waist closer.

She closed her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6.4K 43
❝𝙍𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙈𝘽𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙀?❞ 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗘 cold was the star ace of the Aoba Johsai volleyball team. One would rarely see a smile or any hi...
14.1K 234 25
"I've played volleyball all my life and now it's time for high school and I am about to start at Karasuno. I was never confident in how I played so I...
17.8K 482 27
So my english is ... its ok so don't complain ( Ö-Ö ) It's gonna be a long story so buckle up my dudes !!! it's gonna be - cringe - fun - romant...
433 28 25
Rewrite of Hate You, a fanfic I wrote years ago. This time, I'm leaving out the alternate ending Oikawa x femreader Aoba Johsai first year, L/n Y/n...