π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐓𝐑�...

By lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... More

Author's note
Those Little Things
1Β°
2Β°
3Β°
4Β°
5Β°
6Β°
7Β°
8Β°
9Β°
10Β°
CASTΒ°
11Β°
12Β°
13Β°
14Β°
15Β°
16Β°
17Β°
18Β°
19Β°
20Β°
21Β°
22Β°
23Β°
24Β°
25Β°
26Β°
27Β°
28Β°
29Β°
30Β°
31Β°
32Β°
33Β°
34Β°
35Β°
36Β°
37Β°
38
39Β°
40Β°
41Β°
42Β°
43Β°
44Β°
45Β°
46Β°
47Β°
48Β°
49Β°
50Β°
51Β°
52Β°
53Β°
54Β°
55Β°
56Β°
57Β°
58Β°
A few things I want to say❀️
60Β°
61Β°
62Β°
63Β°
64Β°
65Β°
66Β°
67Β°
68Β°
69Β°
70Β°
71Β°
72Β°
73Β°
Pre-update❀️
74Β°
75Β°
76Β°
77Β°
78Β°
DO NOT IGNORE πŸ™
79Β°
80Β°
ONE WORLD SERIES
81Β°
82Β°
83Β°
84Β°
85AΒ°
85BΒ°
85CΒ°
86Β°{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICE❗❗

59Β°

2.8K 866 896
By lovetori_xo

So, guys. Sorry for stalling so long. A lot has been on my mind. But, I'm here now.

You guys, I dreamt of Nova last night😂 I don't even know, I'm just weird abeg.

Oh yeah and expect a double update next and yes, I wanted to say thankyou to everyone who put in effort to fight the whole plagiarism issue. The girl has taken the book down, we can all rest❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Let's begin, guys........🥃🥃🥃🥃

~YURE~

The next thing, he growled, charging towards me with so much rage.

It all happened so fast.

One second, Xander was rushing towards me like a bull to a red cape, and the next second, something that felt like the weight of a padded dumb bells came spearing painfully into my ribs, overwhelming my entire body with an excruciating, unbearable pain and throwing my entire weight down to the earth.

I winced as I hit the stoned floors of the compound, my vision blinding for a second with blue and white dots as I adjusted to the force of the attack. My entire stomach burned painfully and I hoped I wasn't bleeding internally.

Lord, but I asked you to help me.

The dog's barking got louder and more intense. I wasn't even hearing voices.

Where was Nova?

I couldn't look to the doorway to find out. I was still trying to adjust my now blurry vision. I started tasting small bits of blood in my mouth.

Has this nigga ruptured something in me? Christ.

I tried to get back on my feet. Using all the strength I could muster to stand up. To try an defend myself. To try to fight Xander back.

The fucker beat me to it. Before I knew it, I was lifted up, suspended in the air for half a second, and having my back slammed so painfully against the gate.

My back felt like it had been split into two. If I wasn't still standing, I would have concluded that this guy had actually broken my spinal cord.

Xander's biceps bulged as he held a chunk of the front of my shirt in his hands, pressing my back against the gate and looking at me with rage filled eyes. Chest heaving with ragged, harsh breaths and nose flaring in fury.

"God knows I want to fucking kill you right now." A seething Xander growled through gritted teeth.

There was something about how he said it that made me very uncomfortable. Something about those eyes of his' that were glaring at me. They filled with some kind of venom and deadly poison that actually shook me. Unsettled me. A lot.

Was he actually serious?

Was he actually planning on murdering me for real?

He looked dead serious about it. His anger seemed uncontrollable. Deadly.

I could tell he wasn't himself right now. And now, I'm the one bearing the brunt of this.

He growled, shoving me back roughly against the gate and damaging my back once more. I cursed, momentarily annoyed. Without warning, he raised a tightly, folded large fist to my face and I closed my eyes, expecting the worst.

I didn't feel the punch.

He didn't punch me?

"Xander, calm down." A gruff voice interrupted.

I opened my eyes to see Xander's fist inches away from my face. Ivandor, coming in between me and Xander, an arm of his', wrapped around Xander in an attempt to hold the bulldozer back from smashing my face beyond recognision.

"Stop, man. Just let the guy go." Ivandor was telling Xander.

I was confused for a second as to why Ivandor would be trying to stop Xander.

Then I realised why, through the alarmed look in his eyes and his anxiety- rushed tone;

Ivandor's fear of the possible damage that Xander could inflict on me surpassed his hatred for me.

Xander looked vaguely irritated as he pushed Ivandor off him. Shocking me, us both, me and Ivandor together, as Ivan lost his balance almost completely, just a little hold on gravity stopping him from crashing unto the earth.

Quickly, he diverted his attention from Ivandor, whom he just literally threw like a hand bag.

Xander made me see stars and a variety of colours, flashes of light when he brutally smashed a hammer-like fist into my face, nearly disjointing my jaw and making me taste the salty liquid that now filled my mouth. My own blood.

The sound of a female screaming pierced through my brain and shattered my eardrums, nearly rendering me a deaf man.

"Xander, stop!"

Krisdana's loud voice resounded amidst all the dog's barking, nearly causing me a headache. My vision kept blackening, dotting and sometimes, partially steadying, over and over, as I tried to shake off the effect of the attack.

"Xander, stop. Leave him alone!"

Xander's had paused on his sister's scream, hand still holding my shirt and the other balled into a fist that was about to damage me again, his breathing still rough and hard, and eyes still dark with vengeance.

I could finally see well again. My eyes went straight to a hysteric, tear filled Krisdana, who stood by the front door with Nova.

"Dude, why did you let her come down here. You were supposed to stay upstairs with Kris!" Ivandor didn't waste time accusing Nova.

So, he did leave me for a while? Probably to alert the others.

"Dana, go upstairs." Xander roughly breathed, a low scary sound attached to his words as he basically spoke through his teeth.

Instead, Krisdana ran towards us, enveloping me in a protective hug, shielding me away from her seething older brother.

She moved back with me, hands on Xander's chest, eyes following his eyes, as she pushed him back away from us slowly, hugging me to herself and breathing in and out softly, to ease her sobs.

That's when I saw it. That look in her eyes. The same look that was in Ivandor's eyes. The look of fear. Fear of what Xander Moe was capable of doing to me.

"Xander. I won't let you do anything you'll regret. If things get out of hand, you may end up landing yourself in jail." Krisdana told him.

"I don't care." Xander responded gruffly, sizing his shoulders up and walking up closer to us.

She stopped him again, with a gentle hand to his chest, distancing me, us, from him.

"Leave him. Do it for me." She pleaded.

"He doesn't deserve to breathe after what he did to you." Xander replied, and a lump blocked my throat.

I gulped.

"Please." Kris pleaded still, softly. Almost desperately. Holding me closer towards her, like she was scared of letting go.

She was touching me..

I missed her touches..

Xander was quiet, looking at his sister for a long hard while. Taking in her terrified look slowly. Kris was beyond scared. Almost trembling. She knew she was the only one that could control him. If he didn't listen to her, even after everything, no one else could be able to do anything.

Xander's eyes moved to me, growing darker every second as he gave me the worst glare I have ever encountered since the fucking day I was born.

"Leave this house." He said to me. His heated glare never backing down.

Oh, Jesus. Thankyou!

I felt Krisdana's hands leave me, almost like she had returned to her senses.

She sniffed, wiped the tears on her face and a tightened, grudgy scowl appeared on her face immediately.

"Yure, go." She said to me with an angered edge to her voice that hit different.

She was looking at me through those brown eyes of hers. Those eyes that once looked like the most warming thing to me. But right now, those eyes were far from warming. They were beyond broken, filled with loathing hate and resentment....towards me.

Me..

It was all because of me. I made her this way. I did this to her. I caused this.

I had to leave. I had no business being here. I had no business in her life.

I took a second to give see everyone else. Xander's temperamental demeanor, Ivandor's dead, expressionless look on me, Nova's sympathetic eyes.

I sighed, getting into my partially destroyed car - thanks to Xander - and driving out of the compound.

~GIWA~

I don't know how to decipher my feelings.

Sometimes I'm depressed as fuck, other times I felt numb.

My numb state scares me. Nothing makes me excited and literally living, but dead at the same time.

My daily routine has been; wake up, read, bath, read, eat, read, cry, cry a lot, cry myself to sleep. Continuously. Every day. The sequence doesn't change.

I literally never want to leave this house. Or this my cold room. Ijust want to stay here forever and never having to step into the outside world for any reason whatsoever.

Social Media sucks.

Curse Social Media.

I deleted all my accounts a long time ago. Everyone of them, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and even Snapchat and Whatssap.

I just got exhausted. Extremely tired of seeing all the mean things my classmates were saying about me. On their whatssap statuses, group chats, and all that. I got tired of seeing all the countless jokes, memes, and all sorts of mean stuff they made in my name and broadcasted. Hated seeing them taking the issue out of the whatssap class group and even to the Sets' IG page to torment me.

So much hate.

So much...guts...

They suddenly had that much guts to do that to me.

It's scary to think about how my social life would never remain the same again. That only bothers me because no social life for me equally means no power. No fear.

Everyone is against me. Against Giwa Falade. And everytime I wake up, that's all I'm reminded of.

"Oneday, you're going to wake up and realise that you have lost everyone and everything that matters to you the most."

I have lost everything. Everyone. Ivandor.

"G-Giwa..mum is calling downstairs for dinner."

I looked up to see Nini, in her pink pyjamas, standing at the door of my room like she was contemplating, somewhat terrified, to come in.

I didn't answer her. My eyes drifted away from her direction and focused on the walls, my hands lightly tapping my knees, as I sat up against the wall on my bed, hugging my knees closely.

Nini eventually left. I remained on my bed, unmoved.

I did join them for dinner eventually.

I walked out of my room like the walking dead, and strolled down the L-shaped staircase that led to the living room.

On getting into our accent decor living room, I winced a little at the sound of the TV - that girl, Piper, from the TV show Henry Danger literally pierced into my brain cells, immediately alerting me to my environment.

Mum and Nini already sat down there, on the table, already started on their dinner.

I joined in without saying a word to any of them. Nini kept glancing at me occasionally, twirling her fork on her plate of spaghetti over and over, like she wanted to say something.

Mum hadn't even looked up. I knew she noticed me walk in. Her face was impassive as she rolled her spaghetti around her fork.

There was an uncomfortable silence on the table. The only thing that could be heard was the TV sounds from the living room where Nini had left Henry Danger on.

It took a while. But eventually, my mum looked up from her food and straight to me.

Ofcourse, I noticed her through the corner of my eyes. I did not look up. I had not looked up from my food since I got down here.

"Giwa, it's about time." I heard Mum say.

I didn't answer her. I didn't even look up to her.

The last thing I want to do is talk about this with my mum. If anyone tells her what happened, she would definitely want to hear my side of the story.

Like I said, the last thing I want to do is talk about this. Not even with my mum. I wasn't just ready.

"Giwa, I'm talking to you." Mum said again.

I didn't even budge.

She should just leave me alone please. I'm not in the mood right now.

"Giwa Oluwadabira Falade!" She called my full name with authority.

I lost my shit.

"Can I have a break!" I screamed at my mother.

On God, why has she been on my case all these days? Why can't she just let me be!

"You've had enough break!" Mum retorted, visually frustrated by me.

I stood up from my seat, tired and already getting a headache from her nosiness.

"Giwa, what's wrong with you? For God's sake, I've given you more than enough time to open up but you're just being difficult. Do I take matters into my hands? Do you realise I can call the school myself and get the gist without even hearing your own side of the story. Is that what you want?"

I gruffed when she was done, clearly annoyed by her.

Anger. Anger. Anger.

That's ALL I've ever felt these past few days. That's all I've ever felt my whole entire fucking life!

"Do what you want." I told my mum, before attempting to walk away from the dining, leaving my food half untouched.

"Mummy, everyone in school hates Giwa!"

I paused. Mad currents of anger and chills running through the nerves in my body.

I had barely had time to even properly leave my seat, and Nini's frustrated shout halted me immediately.

"Mummy, it's bad. It's very bad. She publicly embarrassed her friend in school during the morning assembly and everyone in school turned against her!" Nini ranted on.

What the bloody fuck is wrong with this girl?

I swiftly turned to look at Nini, eyes wide in combined shock and anger, warning her, threatning her to shut up.

She looked scared, yes. Yet, she also looked very worried about me. Our eye contact lasted for barely three seconds, and as soon as she looked away and back to mum, she completely ignored the glare in my eyes.

Nini ranted on;

"Now, they're saying many things. About suspension, expulsion, or deposting! Giwa is in a lot of trouble in school and_,"

"Nini, shut the fuck up!" I screamed at her.

"Giwa, language!" Mum cut in.

"Well, tell her to shut the fuck up, Mum!" I screamed back.

"Giwa, M-Mum has to know somehow." Nini stammered.

"What's your business in all of this!" I screamed at the little girl. She gasped a little, retreating.

"It's my case, isn't it? Don't I get to be the one to tell her? What's your damn problem, for God's sake! Why are you running your mouth in something you don't even understand!"

"I'm - I'm sorry." She said, looking like she was on the verge of tears.

I hissed. "Sorry for yourself!"

I stormed out of the dining room immediately.

As I climbed the stairs, a part of me wondered if I may have over reacted a bit. I felt somewhat bad.

But oh Lord, I'm stressed. And my head! It hurts like a bitch!

I need to sleep.

I walked even faster to get to my room. Getting in, I quickly found my bed and threw myself on it, wrapping my entire body with my blanket.

It was quiet in my room. It made me feel wierd. Very sad. Very alone.

It made me want to cry.

Being alone like this these days makes me think a lot. About my life. About Ivandor.

I actually felt like crying. But I had been crying too much already and nothing had changed. I literally did this every day. Every night. I hadn't felt better. Not at all.

I felt worse every passing day. I hated myself every passing day. I hated myself to the extent that I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. Even my own reflection irritated the shit out of me!

Giwa Falade.

Even my own name makes me cringe now. Irritating cringes. Makes me angry and depressed.

I felt the tears coming. Every second, they blurred my vision. I was pressing my face into my pillow in no time, squeezing the fabric of the bedsheet tight. The more pain I felt in my heart, the tighter I squeezed. Until_

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

A nerve wrecking scream left with my frustration, muffling into the pillow my face pressed against. In no time, the tears started dropping uncontrollably.

A shower. That's what I've become these days. Every little thing, tears. Stupid tears I couldn't even hold back. No matter how much I tried.

Forget this, I'm just going to study myself to sleep. Yes, that's what I'll do

Finalising that decision, I wiped off the tears on my face and sniffed, took little breaths in, to calm myself.

Afterward, I reached for my bag by the reading desk, grabbed my Physics textbook and past questions, going over topic I had reread a hundred times, feeling slightly bored as I searched for something new.

Christ, I feel like I had mastered every topic on here. I couldn't even find a distraction from my situation right now and it was starting to frustrate me.

"Can I come in or do I get lost?"

Mum.

I sat upright, against the wall that my back was on. My book, opened right tbere on my lap, as I looked to the slender, pretty, dark skinned woman who was my mother.

I didn't even know when she walked in here.

I said nothing, not wanting her in here in my room, and at the same time, not wanting to be rude about it.

She gently closed the doors behind her and walked in further into my room, even after I hadn't answered her.

"You know you would have eventually told me about this sooner or later." She shrugged, joining in my bed and sitting, her big round butt took a good amount of space on my bed

True.

But, Christ, I don't want to talk about this. That's why I didn't tell her yet. Mum always knew how to get extremely nosy. It could get annoying.

"And you shouldn't be yelling at your little sister like that, Giwa. You know I don't like that." She said.

Oh, right. The only thing she loved more than cooking was Nini.

"Also, you'll have to be answering me as I'm talking, you know. I kind of feel like I'm talking to myself." Mum said.

That made me let out an unwanted, stiffled laughter.

"Oh good, you're laughing. That's a start." She commented.

I smiled a bit. Sniffing and wiping the tears on my face, as I slowly sat up on my bed.

"So, I'm guessing you're not planning on going back to school any time soon?" Mum chipped in the question.

I thought of a way to answer. "Yes."

Mum sighed, shaking her head in dissaproval of something. "I'm starting to feel like I'm a bad parent."

That one caught me.

"No, you're not." I responded calmly.

"Ofcourse, I am." She concluded still. "I give you way too much freedom than I should. That's why you can decide on your own to stay away from school that your dad and I pay hard money for."

I actually chuckled. "Mum, naw."

"No, but it's true." She was saying.

"No, it's not." I told her.

It hadn't been like that since the beginning. But since I entered Ss2, things changed dramatically. She let me go out more. To parties sometimes, and even sleepovers. Ofcourse, she had a talent of keeping tabs so she knew my whereabouts at every moment of every day. She could easily find out whatever she wanted, and sometimes, her nosiness could get a tad bit irritating.

"But you know why I let you do things on your own?" Mum asked me.

"Why?"

"Well, because when you explore on your own, do things on your own, make decisions on your own, you generally learn more. You learn from a lot of things. Experiences. Mistakes?" She hinted.

"And that's what makes you grow." She said, peering her eyes intently at me.

I sat up closer to her, hugging my knees softly.

"I've made too many mistakes, mum." I admitted.

"And realising that is the first step. Facing it head on and finding solutions is the next. Are you ready for that now?" Mum said to me.

I shook my head. "I'm not sure."

She chuckled softly, bringing me closer to her and holding me, resting my head on her shoulder gently. I stayed there, feeling a new kind of calm I hadn't felt before.

"Talk to me, Giwa. Tell me everything." She whispered, still gently holding me.

I had never been this physical with my mum before. It almost made me feel vulnerable, like I had no other choice than to open up to her. As my head rested on her shoulder and her arms held me gently, I was filled up with this warmth I hadn't quite felt before. A motherly kind of warmth.

I told her.

I told her about Ivandor.

I told her about my fight with Shade.

I told her about my fight with Prissy.

I told her about Hassana's betrayal.

I told her about the aftermath.

My classmates aggression on Social Media. Their threats and all of that.

The school authority and the possible punishments coming my way.

She stayed quiet, as I spoke. Intently listening to me as I spent about half an hour narrating the entire story to her.

"Wow." Was how she started.

Yeah, wow is right.

It's even too much for her to comprehend.

"Giwa. It's not the end of the world yet." She said.

It sure feels like it.

"Where do I even start?" I heard her mutter to herself.

"That celebrity girl, Shade Onam." She started.

What about her?

"I feel you should talk to her." Mum said. "Like, actually really talk to her. I feel there's a lot more you have been misunderstanding about her from what you've told me. She honestly doesn't seem like a bad person."

As much as I hated to admit, I started realising that too.

"You see, Giwa. You look too much at people from what you perceive them to be on the outside, If you try looking deeper, you may actually see a lot more. You will realise those little things about them that you failed to see." Mum said to me.

Those Little Things..

"You're just like your dad." Mum laughs. "You two judge things on what they seem on the outside, without getting to understand it properly."

She was right.

Dad didn't notice a lot of things concerning the depths of people or their feelings. Not necessarily because he was insensitive, he was a great person at heart. I initially thought he didn't know us that well because he was almost never home with us. But now, I'm made to understand that a lot of people just don't bother trying to understand others and look beyond the outlook of things.

Virtually everyone doesn't do that. Or, close to everyone at least.

Shade didn't seem like a horrible person. Even if I never understood why she stood us up a lot of times. In general, she didn't seem like a bad person. Was there really that much more I may have misread about her?

"Trying to talk to people and get into their perspectives would help a lot more if you want to understand them. You always have to know that what you see may not always be what is seems. The people you think may be living the beat lives may be leaving the worst. The people you think laugh the loudest cry themselves to sleep every night. It's all about going out of your point of view and trying to look into theirs. You may find out a lot that you didn't even know about. Who knows? You may actually just know nothing about any of those friends of yours." Mum elaborated.

That sunk in. It hit different.

But what gives? Almost everyone sees things in only their perspective. My friends never saw things in my perspective, did they?

Only one person ever bothered to.

Oh, Ivandor.

"I also think you and Prissy need closure." Mum said.

"What?" My incredulous tone sounded.

I know what I did to her was overboard, but she wronged me. I only may have over reacted, but the fact remains that I was wronged.

"I understand that your fall out with her was major, but I strongly feel you two are holding two different strong beliefs and reasons as to why you're the one who was wronged, and not the other person. Prissy may just feel that she did nothing to warrant your outburst that day."

Really? Prissy really believes she was the victim?

"You'll never know until you two talk. After hearing her side of the story too, If you still feel you two can't work as friends. Fine. You let it be. You can't go about shutting down relationships without fully knowing things in the other person's point of view. Who knows? You may be throwing away a potentially beautiful friendship." Mum went on saying.

"And about Hassana?"

My blood boiled on hearing her name.

"I'm not talking to her, mum. Don't bother." I dismissed.

She only smiled at me, and pressed her head closer to mine as I had still been resting on her the entire time.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." She said. "It's just that I find it hard to understand why she would do that. Hassana has always been the sweetest, so I don't really get it. But in the end, it's still all about perspective."

I may talk to Prissy. It's possible. But Hassana? Never.

"And that boy. The mixed race star player and academic scholar." Mum went on.

Ivandor Fejaun.

"Why hadn't you ever told me he was the boy that was making you blush your senses away?" Mum joked first off.

I don't know if she was trying to make me feel better, but it made me feel worse. Reminding me of how we had hit the rocks so bad.

"Funny thing is that I'm friends with his mum." Mum was saying.

Yup, Ivandor's mum had mentioned.

"That lady used to be sooo in back in those days of our youth when her modelling career was still on. What's that her name again? Barni! She's such a lovely woman.." Mum was saying.

Yeah, she was a lovely woman. Yet, I disrespected her honour to the entire school and to her son also.

I hadn't even told my mum exactly what I said to Ivandor. I hadn't told her anything specific about his family. All she knew was that I used the secrets be told me against him.

Mum realised I wasn't lightening up with her gist. She stopped talking finally, and sat to face me, oppositely.

"Okay, so this isn't the time to talk about all that now." She said in realization.

"Honey." She took my hand. "I don't know how deep what he told you was, but I know by now that you have realised this, but you don't use people's secrets as their weaknesses. You've lost when you do that."

"I really didn't mean to." I said, my voice coming off as whispers.

"I know. You couldn't have. " Mum calmed me.

I really didn't want to.

"I think you should talk to that boy. I think you should apologize to him." Mum told me.

"What's the point. He won't listen to me." I said.

I wouldn't, if I were him.

"Atleast he'll know you're sorry. You'll know you've done your part. As a good person, you should reach out to him. That is the human thing to do.." She adviced me still.

Then, what next after that? We probably just go back to being strangers. Because who am I kidding? There's no way he'll be able to forgive me. I'd be shocked if he did.

"Sometimes we may have to lose things to learn too, Giwa. If he doesn't want to be with you afterwards, I hope you know it's not the end of the world." My mum told me.

My heart knotted for a moment.

If he doesn't want to be with me afterwards..

That phrase fucked my head up.

I didn't want him leaving. He had become a part of me. It's like letting go of a part of myself.

"And Giwa?"

I looked up to my mum.

"I want to tune out your classmates. I've always known you to be a strong girl. You can do that." Mum advised.

I shook my head. "I can't do anything if no one is afraid of me. It's pointless. I'd never be able to face anyone in school again."

Her brows furrowed. A mixture of shock and confusion.

I sighed.

I went ahead to tell my mum about the most alarming part of all these I skipped out.

The fear I lost...

My obsession for fear..

And believe me, she was utterly speechless when I was done.

It took a while for her to adjust.

"Why?" She asked me, looking very shocked.

Why, what?

"Why do you need to be feared to feel confident, Giwa?" She asked me.

"That's all I ever felt in the past. That's what made me hold other people in the high heavens. So, that's how I wanted people to hold me too. If I lose that them I'm not just powerful enough." I replied her.

"What?" She sort of exclaimed. "Giwa..you.. what on earth made you ever think that was a solution?"

"Mum, the bullying_,"

"I know about the bullying, Giwa."

"That's what Bayo would have wanted!" I blurted out, in exasperation. Slight frustration, too.

Mum paused, momentarily freezing.

So did I.

No one ever talked about Bayo in this house. Not after that day we buried him - my late brother.

I noticed how my mum automatically shut down. Shoulders dropped, face fallen.

"I didn't mean to bring him up, mum, I'm sorry." I sincerely said.

She nodded, standing up from my bed, visibly defeated and broken down.

"Are you okay, mum? I didn't mean to_,"

"I'm okay, Giwa." She said. Her tone flat.

I was actually surprised when she smiled at me.

"I promise, I am." She said.

I nodded, hoping she was saying the truth. She just suddenly wanted to leave. No matter how much she tried to hide it, it was clear that bringing up Bayo had set her in a mood.

"Giwa, I want you to be okay. I trust you to make the right decisions from now on." She said to me.

I nodded, agreeing.

"Your brother..he..," her voice trailed off and I knew her breath hitched.

However, she sucked in a breath and continued. "Your brother always wanted you to be brave, right?"

My breathing stopped for a second.

"Yes." I said.

He did.

"And he kept reminding you of the meaning of your name, Giwa." Mum hinted still.

Yes, he did.

He kept saying it over and over.

Giwa - The brave one.

"So, do you think he will be pleased seeing you run away from your problems like this?" She asked me.

No.

"Now, Giwa, the real definition of braveness is having the capability to face circumstances head on, big or small, and stand firm without wavering. And the real definition of power isn't the fear you put in people, neither is it the control you have over them. It's the control you have over situations around you. Now, Giwa, are you ready to be brave and powerful?"

"Yes." I answered, meaning it.

"Perfect." She said.

"Monday morning, we show up in school for your conference and you will stand before the school authority and speak. Understood?"

I nodded.

Understood.

I had to face this. I had to accept my mistake and face the consequences squarely, standing firm. had to face the entire school on Monday. I had to be brave and look for ways around this.

I could still be powerful if I wanted to be.

But this time, the right way.

Can someone say Halleluyah to Giwa??😩💪
I see she's slowly picking up. I'm happy for her, I don't know about you oo.

And let's thank God for Yure. Xander was going to rip him to shreds, but he was delivered from the snale of the fowler. Can I get an Amen???😂

Who thinks they can predict the end of this story? C'mon give it a try 😉😉

My battery is 7%, see you guys in the night. LOVE YOU AND EXPECT A DOUBLE UPDATE NEXT (By God's grace)☺️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 4.1K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me πŸ˜‰ *There wi...
43.1K 8.2K 37
Β°More than the usual teenage rivalryΒ°β™‘β™‘ Joviana Edugie Main character, she could be naive at times but trust me you can't help but love her , but can...
253K 79.3K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
21.2K 3.3K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...