Ours To Be (All Ours, #1)

By SoHoAuthor

๐“˜๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ช โ™ฅ๏ธŽ Not many things have managed to catch me off guard in this life after enduring years of t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
The series continues!
Christmas Bonus Chapter

Chapter 9

15.2K 531 42
By SoHoAuthor

Oh woah, he looked good. Really, really good. The kind of good that makes you think twice about standing next to him when people are around because you would feel like some sort of misshapen creature in comparison to him.

Which I did.

Out of all the days I could have ran into him, it had to be tonight. The same fucking day I barely had time to put something on my face or throw something better on than old light denim. A plain black shirt and pants are actually prerequisites in the boutique. Like uniforms, but simpler. It wasn't like he was in a suit or anything. He too- was in jeans and a beige hoodie. Nonetheless, he made it look incredible.

Yeah, incredibly daunting, maybe.

He appeared to be perishing to say something when I was voicing my farewells. But he held off and let me amble off. I'm fucking delighted. I could barely even look him in the eyes after last night's shenanigans. The humiliation was still too great. The first time I try and ask a guy to dance and he tells me off. Humiliating indeed. The first and last time I pull that shit. What was I even fucking thinking?

I wasn't. That was the problem. I still blame the alcohol.

He gave me that look again.

That profound, I'm-resolute-and gazing into your consciousness- look. Like he saw me or something. He really should pursue a career in hypnotism. I don't know how he does it.

And it's ridiculous. Isn't this, like, the third time we've seen each other?

Not that I'm counting.

I would've never guessed that's who Cassie's brother would be. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw him walking up to her.

Kind of stupid, since I do remember Scott calling him Dominguez, and not by his first name. Oddly enough, I didn't connect the dots after Cassandra's admission. He's Kayden Dominguez. He's the son of one of the biggest names around the state.

Not that I really give a shit. I'm still not interested.

So I don't know why I can't seem to keep my head in the game when this guy is around. Disruption would be an understatement.

Kylie practically jumps me the second I walk into the silo. Eyes nearly popping out of her sockets. ''Oh my God. Who the hell was that?'' I almost cover my ears with my palms at the pitch of her voice.

''Her name was Cassie. Did you forget already?'' 

She narrows her eyes, her blonde bangs slightly falling over them. ''Don't play dumb with me right now, sister. Spill it.''

''That was her brother, Kayden.''

''Kayden...'' she falters. ''That's hot.''

''He is.'' I nod in agreement as I walk past her to lock all backdoors. Also as a reminder to her that we're supposed to be working and closing up the shop.

''You guys looked real comfortable over there. You sure he doesn't hold another title besides 'Cassie's brother?'''

I can't help the laugh that escapes me. Yeah right. ''Nope, more of a mutual friend type of thing.'' I wouldn't really call him a friend of mine. I barely know the guy.

''Oh, he's one of your girls'?''

''Joshua's best friend.'' I correct. He's been in here to pick me up a couple of times, so she knows who he is.

''Fucking hell, those two are best friends?'' She fans herself dramatically. ''What a duo.''

What a duo, indeed. No matter how much I want to kick Josh in the nuts out of irritation every other day, I can't deny the fact that he's one good-looking fucker. His dark, caramel skin and little curls are enough for him to get anyone he wants. Throw in his dazzling smile, add the amiable, swoon-worthy mouth of his, and you'll get the ladies on your knees. He sure does.

''You didn't tell me how Kayden fits into this whole thing, though.''

I turn my back and glare at her. What more could she want to hear? ''I told you he's Cassie's brother who was here to pick her up.''

''Okay, so do all of Cassie's brothers look at you like you're standing in front of them naked? Because if there's more of those genes wandering around Earth and you're not telling me about them, I'll start to think of you as a greed.'' She points a finger at me, trying to hold an ominous demeanor, but the amusement is clear in her eyes.

''Nope, it's just the two of them.'' I bite back on the chuckle that wants to flee and remember how Cassie said she didn't even think she was planned in the first place, and it's just her and her brother.

Kylie grins at me from behind the boxes she currently putting away. ''How cute. Just the sister-in-law.''

I nearly shudder and focus back on the locks. ''Shut up,''

Half an hour later, me and Ky part ways by the parking lot and turn to our own vehicles. Just as I'm about to choose the song list for the ride after I connected my phone through Bluetooth, a call rings through the speakers. Joshua's name pops on my phone's screen. What could he possibly want at this hour?

God, I sound like my grandmother. It's not even eight-thirty.

''Hey,'' I decide to start the engine and just speak to him through the amps.

''Bells! How's it going, gorgeous? '' 

I honestly don't know where this guy gets all his enthusiasm and energy from all the time.

Gorgeous? ''What do you want, Josh?'' I'm still furious with him for conceivably dropping dumb, false information about me. I don't care that it's his best friend. You don't go behind my back. He knows how private I am.

I can practically feel him roll his eyes. ''Always the grouch, Bell. How about you loosen up a notch, girl.''

I grit my teeth, hoping the light I'm about to go over turns red so I can grab my phone out of the console and end this obviously, inoperable call.  ''How about you tell me what I did to owe this call from the prattler himself?''

His usual, breathy chuckle chimes through the car. ''Isabella, Isaballa,''  He tsks. ''Is it sexual frustration that's got you this neurotic? My boy K getting you worked up, huh?''

He's seriously going to talk about Kayden right now? Alright then. ''I hope your balls have been good to you for the past twenty-three years, Josh, 'cause I can't promise you they're going to be in the best of shapes once I run into you. I know you opened your big mouth.''

''I repudiate all allegations, Your Honor. I have no clue what you're talking about.'' I know he's holding back laughter. 

This fool, always taking japes at my chosen profession. I'm having trouble remembering why I even befriended him in the first place right now. ''Drop the bullshit, Joshua. You know exactly what you did.'' He knows damn well I'll have his ass on a stick once I get a hold of him.

The chauffeur of some white Honda frontage of me suddenly halts too swiftly by the traffic light, which causes me to hit the brakes, feeling horrified, I honk at him.

Joshua hears the commotion. ''Ah shit, you're driving? Sorry, I didn't realize. Just call me back once you get home.''  He actually sounds apprehensive.

''It's fine, I got you on speaker,'' I assure and puff the shock wave out my lungs to tranquil down. ''But seriously, what's up?''

''I have a huge favor to ask.''

Hell no. ''I'm not picking up another order of sex toys from the shop by the boutique.''  Yes. He really made me pick up an order he placed from the shop down the street by my workplace because he didn't want to drive all the way over here. The cashier telling me to have fun with my boyfriend, the one who called to place the order, still makes me tremor.

He starts to laughs so loud, I have to turn the volume of the stereo down. ''Nothing like that, I promise.'' He guarantees. ''So you know how I'm opening the whole 'ladies only' division upstairs?''

I hum a yes.

''So the opening is Tuesday, Nar promised to help out with the snacks and shit but apparently, she signed up for some summer course at the culinary school, and they've scheduled her on Mondays and Thursdays.''

There's a pause. I know he's waiting for some kind of reaction on my part. I think I'll let him sweat a little. Maybe even beg.

''Please, Bells. You're the only one besides her that can somewhat cook.''

''What do you need me to do?''

I hear him cheer out a fuck yeah. ''I haven't agreed to anything yet. I'm simply asking what you would be needing from me.''

''Let me start off by saying how much I love and appreciate you...'' Yeah, he always loves and appreciates the five of us when he needs something.

''It's just some light snacks, refreshments, appetizers type of shit. I would've called the others but the three of them don't even know how to boil water. Same goes for me.'' Very true. I wouldn't even trust Josh, Ivana, Jenn, or Soyana with an egg.

''And you can't call a caterings company because...''

''Do you know a caterings company that can be appointed on a 12-hour notice?''

I sight. The guy is plainly desperate. ''You're lucky I have a day off tomorrow.'' He's always come through whenever I needed him. The least I can do is help him out with this.

''Fuck yeah! Thanks, Baby Bells. I seriously owe you.'' He sounds like I just saved his life.

I roll my eyes. ''You want me to meet you at the gym?''

''Nah, just be at mine around four. I'll put Marcus in charge after three and meet you there.'' Marcus is his older brother. He helps around the gym some days.

''Alright. See ya then.''

''Bye, love you!'' He can't even suppress the excitement in his voice. Why is he being so exceedingly enthusiastic about snacks?

''Sure you do,'' I mutter.

The last thing I hear is his chuckle before the call disconnects.

Next day.

I'm running late.

Not even a little late. It's almost five.

Fuck, maybe Joshua is going to be the one that kills me before I get him.

First off, I woke up late. Which is extraordinarily uncommon for me as it is. Then I took one of my hour-long showers. Those are not so rare. Before I had my hair dried, all regular fifty products smeared in, and had a breakfast bagel, it was two. Then I preceded to go online, over some law firms around the area for an internship after summer. I've required the practicum for at least ten months after September.

Long story short. I lost track of time.

I didn't even change out of my sweatpants. Just threw on a matching black hoodie over my sports bra, put on last night's sneakers lying around by the door, and ran out of the house.

And because I'm the luckiest girl in the world, traffic is shit. Nothing new, it is L.A. But I find it quite suspicious how serene traffic is when I'm not rushing to get places. But when I am, I get jammed.

Once I've parked in Josh's apartment complex's garage, I get in behind someone that was already buzzed into the building, and dash up the stairs, to the third floor where he resides.

I knock, expecting Josh by the door in a few seconds. What I wasn't expecting was to hear voices coming from the other side of the door. First, I think I'm mistaken, and it may have been the neighbors. But when Joshua opens the door with the biggest shit-eating grin on his face, and Kayden's accentuated voice chimes from the kitchen, I want to turn back around and leave.

Fuck.

...............................

Don't forget to share and vote. Let me know what you guys think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 367 13
"I can't believe you, I can't believe you would do all of this to win? Did it mean nothing to you? Did I mean nothing to you?" His voice was shaking...
45.7K 1.8K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
101K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
171K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...