Magic and Wolves: Book 1 of W...

By emmawaack

"Alright Mr. Steinson you can pay Franny. Let us know if any problems come up." She opened the door and smile... More

Call Me Hammer
Trust Me CeCe
My Apologizes Ma'am
Stay Smart Cecilia
Focus, You Don't Want to Blow Up the House
Something to Remind You
Damn Wolf Instincts
Let Me Sneak Out the Back
I'm The Big Bad Wolf
Quit Acting Like a Stalker
Prove Me Wrong
Is This the Mate Thing?
Shut Him Up
It Smells Like Rain
I Overshared
It's Been a Long Day
Karma
It Won't Be Too Painful
A Gentle Reminder
I Never Thought About Consequences
I Will Begin to Lose My Calm
Not My House
Time To Teach This Mutt A Lesson
Fate Is A Funny Thing
Not Too Ridiculous?
You Guys Don't Mess Around, Do You?
Mind, Body, Spirit
What's Troubling you
What's Your Answer
Mad World
I Promise Not to Get Murdered
Run
You Do Not Disappoint
Time To Be The Alpha
Troubled
Resilient
How Old Are You?
Breakfast
Who Are You?
Not Much of a Talker
Do You Have a Suggestion
Instincts
Too Tired for This Shit
We Have a Plan
Into the Fire
Francis
Chaos Erupts
Definitely Not a Dream
Epilogue

Magic Energy

2.9K 136 8
By emmawaack

The air around Hammers house pulsed with energy. The magic beat through the air like a drum, heavy and resonating. Carson shifted in the rocking chair on the porch. He felt the pressure of the magic all over his body and the need to shift and run from the area was excruciating. He knew he needed to stay here till Cecilia arrived, but he didn't particularly like it.

The red headed Mage had tried to shoo the wolf away, but Carson had held his ground. So, he was banished to the porch while the Mage worked.

Inside Hammer worked, feeling more focused and balanced than he had in several days. When Cecilia had made her joke about anti-magic spells his brain had nearly exploded with ideas. He worked out most of it in the truck to his house, though he hated to admit that Cecilia had been right to not let him drive. Now he was staring at 5 green and purple crystals, the pentacle tattoo on his chest glowing as he focused his energy and magic into the stones.

He had been lucky to find he had some Tourmaline crystals in his supplies. They had the qualities he needed, known for protection and safety.

As he focused the crystals began to glow and the magical energy of the area grew and pulsed like a strobe light.

Outside Carson cursed slightly. The oppressive quality in the air growing to a near unbearable level. A red brown wolf came running into the clearing from the trees and whined loudly. Carson grabbed the shorts and t-shirt he had borrowed from Hammer, just in case. He put them down on the steps up the porch and turned around to give Cecilia some privacy.

"Thanks Carson, how'd you know?" He turned around as she was tightening the drawstring on the shorts, trying to get Hammers giant clothes to fit on her much smaller frame.

"I'm a wolf too Alpha, runs help the mind and I figured you wouldn't want the extras I keep in my truck."

"You're right. If I'm gonna be covered in the scent of another Fae, I'd rather it be my Mate." Cecilia shuddered slightly, "Damn. I don't know what the hell he is doing in there but it's like a damn punch in the face."

"He's been in there since we got back. It's been hours." Carson sat back down, "Sylas dropped his bike off a while ago. I offered him a ride back, but he didn't want to wait."

"I don't blame him, its suffocating around here." Cecilia sighed, "Get outta here Carson. We don't both need to suffer through this."

Carson nodded, baring his neck slightly in respect and walked to his truck to leave. Cecilia settled herself into the rocking chair to wait. She figured going into the house right now might disrupt some kind of magical flow. Pulling out her phone she opened up the e-mail account she had set up for Pack business, rolling her eyes at the amount that had appeared in the last few hours. The pack was responsible for security of the town. She was also expected to help figure out placement for new arrivals to town. Some, like Hammer were easy. He had chosen his own house, out in the forest away from people, but sometimes people wanted to go places that weren't the safest. Just because it was a Safe Haven town and intermingling was the whole point doesn't mean it was always a good idea for certain Fae to be near each other.

She didn't have to wait long for things to start changing, maybe a half hour longer and the air around the house began to dissipate and lighten. She waited about 10 more minutes before knocking lightly on the door.

"Come in." Hammer's voice sounded strained and tired.

Cecilia opened the door and looked around the room. It was set up like a studio apartment but bigger. There were two doors in the house, one she was sure went to the bathroom, the other must be to where he did all his magic work.

Hammer was sitting on the edge of the huge bed his posture was clearly exhausted his head hanging slightly. Cecilia stepped close, putting her hands on his shoulder and letting him lean his head into her stomach.

"Mmm, A Chuisle. I'm glad you're here." He didn't look up but moved his arms to wrap around her waist. "I have something for you."

"Later Sampson. It can wait." She gently put her hand under his chin and tipped his head up, "For now I think a shower and some food will be best for you."

She stepped back and helped him to stand up. He was only in a pair of loose grey sweatpants.

"You go shower and I'll fix you something to eat. How does that sound."

"No." Cecilia raised an eyebrow at Hammers tone. "Come with me. I'm not sure I'll stay upright enough to survive a shower, but I do have a bathtub that is perfect for two and if you don't come, I just might drown."

Cecilia chuckled, "Well we don't want that now do we."

Hammer and Cecilia went to the door that led into the bathroom. Cecilia inhaled sharply at the impressive en suite. She sat Hammer down as she started to fill the large tub that was sunken into the floor. She found some oils and added them to the water. When it was partially filled, she helped Hammer out of his clothes and into the tub. She started the Jacuzzi before starting to take off her own clothes.

"You look good in my clothes A Chuisle." Hammers head was leaned back against the edge of the tub as he watched her with tired, half-closed eyes.

She smiled slightly at him and got into the tub with him. Hammer put his arms around her waist and pulled her back against him, so she was leaning against his chest. He rested his chin on her shoulder and hummed contently.

"This is a good way to end my day, Cecilia. I created something to help people and now I have you in my arms." Hammer closed his eyes slightly, "Tell me about your day. You've been doing so much lately."

"Well, there is a Pride of Lions that is moving into town, and we are trying to figure out where to put them." Cecilia sighed deeply, "They are not being the most cooperative."

"I didn't think that was part of your job."

"Town safety is the Packs responsibility. The town is mostly made up of shifter Fae. There are a few other, like yourself," Cecilia grinned at him, "but making sure all the shifters have their homes, their safe places, in a comfortable place helps keep tensions down. The Pride wants to set up in a spot close to the Pack house and you know what they say about cats and dogs. I think I found a spot that they would like much more, less trees, more sun exposure, lots of nice flat rocks for lounging around."

Hammer laughed softly. "I never thought about what all goes in to keeping a Safe Haven safe. Even from the people who live in it."

"Just because we live here and a on board with Species mingling doesn't always make it easier." Cecilia turned and grabbed some soap, lathering up her hands. She began to wash Hammer slowly and carefully. "Nobody can get along all the time; we try to find ways to keep that tension to a minimum. We aren't perfect. Shifters run on instinct a lot and that can be hard to fight sometimes. Our job is to patrol the towns outer boarder to make sure no one comes in without us noticing and we patrol the forest and the town to help break up and prevent any unfortunate accidents. Lean forward."

Hammer did so and Cecilia slipped behind him, starting to massage his neck.

"Hmm," Hammer leaned his head forward, closing his eyes, "So, lions."

"It wouldn't be so bad, but the Alpha has been..... Difficult." Cecilia sighed, "He wants what he wants but doesn't want to hear why it's not the best idea. I'm hoping when I show him the location, we found for them and convince the local contractors to give them a deal for their building, he'll agree."

"That sounds reasonable." Hammer mumbled.

"Yes well, one of the council members suggested the contractors, he is a psychiatrist and well-established mediator. He is very good at finding a peaceful resolution to most conflicts. Cecilia laughed slightly, Hes the only shifter I've met who's a vegetarian. But he says all his kind are, they only eat meat if they have no other choice."

"His kind?"

"Hes a Panda shifter. I should introduce you to him. He restores motorcycles in his spare time." Cecilia paused her massage when she noticed Hammers breathing was evened out.

Standing up, she started to drain the tub and managed to get Hammer out to the bedroom and into a pair of trainers. Cecilia pulled Hammers t-shirt back on and laid down with him. He slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her back tight against his front, pressing into her tightly. Surrounded by his heat and scent Cecilia and her wolf nearly purred with contentment. She thought about what Sylas had said about putting off their Mating. Hammer would never willing hurt anyone and the more she was around him, she could feel herself falling deeper for him. It felt so natural to be with him, so easy.

Maybe it was time to make things completely official.

*************************************************************************************

"Francis?"

The scared man turned away from the prone dark-haired man in front of him.

"What is it?" he snarled, clenching his fist tightly around the whip in his hand.

"Scouts back from town. He found something interesting?"

"Did he find what we came for?"

"No, but we found someone more important."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 12.5K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
18.2K 536 114
Hunnie Inzotta. A spunky, and beautiful Dark Witch, whom's also a nurse in the human realm, stumbles upon a large, injured, wolf near her coven's do...
1.8K 3 51
⚠️This story contains extremely strong language and mature content. Read at your own risk ⚠️ They come from the same world yet they're completely di...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 96 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...