HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 40

4.2K 133 3
By Nyanya_Writes

FERRACCO'S POV

"Sir , the team has already set out for the bid, " Reid , my right hand man informed me.

"Tell me of the outcome as soon as possible."

"Yes Sir."

A smile crept on my face. I already knew the outcome. That piece of land was going to be mine at all costs. I had spent a lot of energy and resources to get it. Estavo, that sneeky old man had refused to sell me his land but put it up for auction instead.

I swiped my identification card and the elevator went up to the last floor where my office was . A soft chime announced my arrival and the doors opened.

My secretary , Nina flashed me a flirting smile and leaned forward to get me a glimpse of her cleavage. She flipped back her long black hair and her blood painted mouth curled into one of her infamous seductive smiles.

"Lucas your ....," she said in her sultry voice.

I narrowed my eyes dangerously at her and her smoked eyes widened in fear.

"It's Sir in the office!," l told her in a stern voice.

" Sir , your wife is waiting for you inside ," she said in a meek voice.

I headed towards my office. I regretted ever hooking up with my secretary once. Nina was getting rebellious more and more each day. She now thought she could do whatever she wants in my company because of some stupid one night stand we had six months ago.

Rule number one, never ever sleep with your secretary! I made note to dispose her later. I was now married and l couldn't risk having problems with Jane again.

I was surprised to see Jane in my office. She never visited me at my work place. She looked up startled when she heard my footsteps. She quickly replaced the file she was holding.

She flashed me one of her beautiful smiles. I couldn't help the smile which broke out on my face. Jane is slowly accepting our marriage!

I offered a silent prayer to my lucky stars.

"What a pleasant surprise to be visited by my lovely wife."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"By the rate , you were sending flowers everyday , my office was turning into some flower shop. I decided to put an end to your childish ways," she taunted me in a bored voice.

A huge smile broke out on my face.

"You accepted my dinner invitation!," l said in awe.

She gave me a curt nod. I dashed to the intercom on my desk and pressed.

"Nina, reserve that restaurant again. I am going on a dinner date with my lovely wife."

Jane snorted at me.

~****~

JANE'S POV

My eyes roamed around the restaurant in awe. I was shocked that Ferracco had booked the entire restaurant for us. The lights were dim and there were several candles that filled the room with a soft glow.

On the other side of the restaurant , a stage was set up and a female singer was crooning a beautiful love song. Ferracco held out a chair for me and l sat down on it. He took his seat and waved his hand.

A waiter approached us and handed us the menu.

"Have you been here before?," Ferracco started the conversation.

"No but l have heard people singing their praises of this restaurant."

"It's famous for it's crab salad."

"Then l will have that."

"The lady will have crab salad," Ferracco told the waiter.

He ordered steak as he was allergic to sea food. The waiter placed our plates on the table and poured red wine into our glasses.

"I am sorry l couldn't ask you to dinner in person . This past week was hectic. There was something important l was working on."

"What were you working on?"

He looked bored for a moment as he cut his steak. He took a mouthful and then washed it down with some wine.

"Let's not talk about work , Jane. Let's talk about something important. About us," he said as he reached for my hand across the table.

A bubble of hysterical laughter welled inside me. The nerve of this guy!

After all his past betrayals , he expects me to just forget everything and start over with him like nothing happened. I removed my hand from his.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ferracco. We ended a long time ago. After betraying me like that , you expect me to drop everything and run to you," l said with a bitter laughter.

This was ridiculous!

I put down my fork suddenly feeling my appetite gone.

"Jane, l know l messed up big time and l am ready to make amends though l know that nothing l do will ever make up for that pain and hurt you suffered. I ask for your forgiveness."

Pain flashed in his blue eyes. His voice sounded sincere.

"You betrayed me , Ferracco ! How can you expect me to easily move past that," l cried at him feeling my anger mounting.

"Jane, l wish l could tell you the entire truth but ....."

"Shut that mouth! I am tired of you cooking up excuses. Nothing can justify what you did to me , Ferracco. Nothing!"

I threw my napkin at him and stood up fuming.

"Jane! Listen to me. I ..."

His cellphone rang in his pocket and he stopped whatever he was about to say. He fished out his cellphone and answered. His face slowly turned to ice.

"How could you loose that bid, Reid!," he blurted out angrily.

He ran a hand through his jet black hair. A gesture of his when he was frustrated.

"You knew how important that project was to me! Find out whoever did that!" he barked into the cellphone.

I felt sorry for whoever it was that was at the receiving end of his nasty temper today.

"Go back to the company and wrap things up. I will be there in a few minutes."

Ferracco cut the call and heaved out a huge sigh.

"What is it?," l asked with curiosity.

Ferracco remained silent but took a huge gulp of wine instead.

"I lost that damn bid. This was going to be my best project. I can't believe l lost that project to that sly old bastard, Martin Paula," he seethed.

"What did you want to use the land for?"

Ferracco looked up at me surprised.

"How did you know the bid was for land?"

I gave a slight shrug.

"Most bids are for land. Aren't they?"

A grin replaced his earlier scowl.

"My wife is really smart," he said proudly with a huge grin on his face. I felt something stir in me.

"I wanted to build an orphanage on that land. When my mother died, l had no relative or money. The orphanage took me in and raised me. I know there are still hundreds of kids roaming the streets of Rio homeless. I want to give them a home and a family."

I felt guilty stirring in me.

I had judged him wrong!

A/N: The story keep uncovering shocking sides of Ferracco.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.9K 16
Him : it's was just a revenge and i don't have ever loved you one more thing forget everything . Her : What was my mistake, why did you do this to m...
142K 4.3K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
3.7K 365 56
'MARRIAGE' is the holy grail for two people who call themselves soulmates or lovers. Fighting the world, and overcoming all the obstacles, they tie...
63.3K 922 35
(LOWERCASE INTENDED!) [18+] • his butterfly / may. 2022 - sep. 2022 ✅ "please don't hurt me again." i cried out as he stared at me with a hint of sad...