Enchanted ➜ Avani Gregg

By ej0422

where their eyes meet across the room, and they're immediately enchanted girlxgirl ~~ "my thoughts will ech... More

intro
the playlist
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
the end

005

6.1K 156 54
By ej0422

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani's POV

i got home pretty late, around one in the morning. i couldn't sleep. i took off my makeup and put on my pajamas. i laid down in my bed and tried to sleep, but it wasn't coming to me.

my mind kept running back to her.

and strangely enough, i kept wondering if she was dating someone. or if she was in love with anyone.

which was fine, because i was just curious and wanted to be her friend. she seems to know a lot about relationships anyway.

i look over at the clock and realize it's nearing 4 in the morning. great. i'm going to have to do a really good makeup job tomorrow morning.

i sigh.

i get up and start pacing around. my mind will not shut down. i could use a distraction. i go to my phone. i see anthony texted me "goodnight" about two hours ago.

that's sweet. i smile at my phone.

but then i put my phone back down and i'm back to wondering.

i lay back down.

and then i hear a loud noise from outside. it sounded like my gate.

i jump up and run to turn on my light.

then, i go to my window and look out.

i see a figure running away.

it's probably just a crazy fan.

but i wish i could deny hoping it would be cassandra.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

i finally get some sleep, and wake up around 10 the next morning.

i look in the mirror.

yup. i'm going to need quite a bit of makeup.

i walk downstairs and see my whole family is already awake. i think they can tell i'm not fully awake yet, because they don't bother me.

i sit down and eat some cereal.

one of my sisters goes out to get the mail.

"hey, avani, this one is for you," shanti says.

a look of confusion crosses my face before i remember the fan from last night.

"oh yeah. ok," i say and take it from her.

the envelope just has my first name on it, in pretty handwriting. "hm," i say.

i open the letter and my heart stops.

i gasp.

it's from her. it's from cassandra.

it's. from. cassandra!

a smile takes over my face.

"what is it?" shanti says.

"nothing, nothing," i say. i get up and start walking to my room.

"yeah right, 'nothing'. ok," she says sarcastically.

i roll my eyes at her.

i race up the stairs and shut my door behind me.

i sit on my bed as i start to read.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

Avani,
     Fully aware leaving you a letter at your house is a little strange. I just knew I had to reach out to you some way, and that you wouldn't see it if it was on social media.
     So I guess I just wanted to get to know you more. You probably think I'm super weird, or that I'm just the girl that gave you advice, but I can't stop thinking about you. Ok, that sounded weird too. There's no good way to put that. Anyway, I felt a connection on the sidewalk, and I just wanted to tell you that. Obviously, I know you're dating Anthony, and I respect that. I just want to be friends. I think you're amazing.
     If you want to, leave a response in the big tree at the park a few blocks away from your house. I'll check everyday :)
                                                                 From,
                                                                       Cassandra
P.S.- I'm sorry for dropping this off at 4 in the morning.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

i giggle on accident. i clap my hand over my mouth.

but i can't stop smiling.

i read it over again.

i know exactly which tree she's talking about too. she must live around here then.

i roll my eyes at myself. of course she lives around here, she dropped the letter off by walking here.

i think about it for a second.

should i respond? i mean, nothing is stopping me. she said we would just be friends.

wait. she had to specify that we would just be friends. does that mean...she might like me?

butterflies.

shit.

i hesitate for another moment.

and then i walk over to my desk and start writing.

◡̈ ◡̈ ◡̈

e.j.'s notes:
lol aww.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 20.5K 54
ALL THIS LOVE IS SUFFOCATING! Charli D'amelio / Social Media Completed. Cringe...it was 2020...
25.1K 473 28
new beginnings to the end: " i love you too but i can't go back, it's too much, i just keep letting everyone down, it just, i just, i can't" moving t...
92.9K 862 39
[ 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥] 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘬𝘵𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘐𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰...
576K 12.4K 35
where a new tiktok star meets THE tiktok star. and it turns into more than a friendship. girlxgirl ~~ "she knows what i think about" ♡ ~~ thank you...