Blade of Darkness

By Scythe_Lucifer

"Sometimes you want to kiss someone and be with them, but you can't because responsibility demands sacrifice... More

Daily Life
Confrontation
Explanations
Denial
Searching for Answers
Further Down
Return to Ooo Part 1
Return to Ooo Part 2

Death

126 3 0
By Scythe_Lucifer

"Well Finn, it took you long enough. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses and come back to me. Is it because you started to lose your memory?"

"Who is Finn, and who the FUCK are you?"

"Looks like your memory is worse than I expected. When you destroyed the crystal, I knew you would lose your memory of what you were, but not who you were entirely. No matter, I have your soul here; I can easily get you back up to speed."

"Answer me fuck face, who are you?"

"Woah, quite vulgar today, aren't we?"

"Answer my goddamn question!"

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

"No more joking. I want answers now! I want to know where the hell I am, and how do go home."

"Well, you got one thing right. Welcome to Hell! I figured you would know where you were going since you came here."

"No, some old fucker and a fire girl sent me here. I was about to decapitate them when I was sent here."

"Ah, right. Well, I can see you are not in a pleasant mood right now, but answers you shall receive. Just follow me, and I everything will be made clear."

"Why should I trust you?"

"You don't really have a reason to trust me. I am the living embodiment of Death, so that's something to consider. I guess your reason to trust me is I can offer you answers, and where else are you going to go? You have no idea what's going on! Your brain was thrown in a blender, and every minute things are getting fuzzier and more distant, aren't they? Does the world feel like it's constantly spinning?"

"It does, but really slowly."

"Perfect, your mental liquification is going along well, now, let's fix it or else I will have no-one to go reap souls for me. I still need someone to do your job after all."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Can I please just get some fucking answers so I can go home?!"

"Yes, yes. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Come, we are going to the Dark Shard."

"What's there?"

"I'll show you, now we haven't much time left, so hurry along"

~~~~

"So what's this dark thing again?"

"Like I said before, it's a soul shard. We collect these and attach them to souls. Luckily for you, they do not store souls, but simply are a bridge to them. You had one, then you shattered it. Oh well, I figured you'd eventually want to break free; after all, I did send you after people close to you to test you loyalty. You lasted longer than I thought too."

"You lost me again."

"Basically, I will connect that shard to your soul, then you'll regain your memory again. The problem is with soul shards, is if you are without one for too long, you start loosing every part of yourself. You're in the phase of extreme memory loss. Soon, you'll start to lose control of your entire self and become no more than a husk. This process has sped up since of your sword."

"My sword? How could that be. It's just a normal sword."

"Not really, but I'll explain in a minute. This time, I'm going to imbed that soul shard within your core, so that you won't be able to break free so easily next time."

~~~~

"Where am I?"

"Welcome back to Hell Finn! You're back despite your best efforts to escape me."

"Wait what?! How can I be back in Hell? I destroyed that crystal. You shouldn't be able to come to the mortal realm!"

"Looks like your memory is taking a minute to process. Your brain does have to reload all your memories without the shard. It might take a few days before you're back to normal."

"You said you would imbed the soul shard within me? Am I now more permanently bound to this realm?"

"You agreed to my deal Finn, so don't act surprised that I have to keep you on a shorter leash. After teaching you, my power was reduced and given to you. I can no longer go up to the mortal realm and reap souls, that's your job. I can't simply destroy you because that power has to transferred into a different willing soul."

"So you're saying that as long as no one wants the job, I'm stuck with it?"

"That is what you agreed to, and even if you find a willing soul, your soul is bound to Hell. I told you before, your soul will never pass into the great beyond."

"Damn, why did I ever agree to this?"

"Because you were a child Finn. A child who died doing what they loved: being a hero. You wanted to do what you thought you were destined to do. I tried to dissuade you, but you cannot stop a freight train so easily."

"Where is the shard? Is it my brain, so I'll feel pain if I try and remove it?"

"Even though I planned on putting a shard in you, there has been a complication."

"What kind of complication?"

"Well, you actually don't have a soul shard right now. You're right now just attached to the Dark Shard. I can't attach your soul to another shard. Something has corrupted either your soul or the vessel, and never has a soul corrupted."

"How could I be corrupted? That makes no sense, I'm the same Finn that you originally trained without a soul. Nothing has changed."

"Like I said before, the reason your memory decline was so fast and extreme is because of your sword."

"Where is my sword?"

"It's somewhere else after I sensed evil presence within its core, well the entire blade now."

"It's just a demon blood sword. It shouldn't be evil, this is Hell after all."

"You are right, we have demons, but those are on a different Death world."

"Death world?"

"Yes Finn, there are several of them. Different souls at different points of death exist in the different worlds. New souls arrive at the seventh Death world. Then as they age, they slowly go up the worlds until they reach the greater beyond."

"Oh, that's interesting."

"Yes, but that's besides the point. We're right now in the first Death world, one step away from the greater beyond; however, we do not have demons here, they exist lower in worlds four or five."

"Still though, how can my sword be considered evil if its just demon's blood?"

"Because it's not just demon's blood anymore. Demon's blood is a very corruptible substance, since it comes right from an evil source, its concentration is so high that it is easily corruptible by more evil or good for that matter."

"Well, since I was a hero, did I corrupt it to be good?"

"Surprisingly no, but even if you did, it's not considered evil. The fact is something infected your sword. Why do you think you continually got stronger and faster?"

"I don't remember much, remember?"

"Right. Basically, your sword acted as a parasite. After you killed the Lich, his essence went into the core of your sword. When you came back to your world empty of a soul, an open vessel if you will, the Lich could start to infect you. The reason you didn't see major changes right away was because you were killing at a small scale."

"Wait, I was killing things?"

"Yes, you were the executioner of Ooo, but I'm explaining right now, so shut up. Where was I? Oh yes, your sword. You were able to gain strength and speed because each kill slowly fed the Lich. You were given greater power as long as you fed him, the problem arose when it had been accumulating for five years. All the anger and hate that you thrust into each kill started to seep into your core. The Lich was able to leech into your system. You became filled with hatred, fueling drastic action for more death. 

When you convinced yourself that Bubblegum was the cause of your misery, the Lich was able to fuel that anger into killing her and the entire Candy Kingdom. He was just powerful enough to get you to kill her, then once you committed such an egregious act, he was able to take over your entire system. He was able to use your body for a killing spree. The reason you started seeing more physical changes as because after he took over, some bit him was left behind. When you killed Jake, he was able to take over again because that anguish was more food for him. That anguish was so strong that the changes were even more drastic than the last ones. Once you connected with your sword for the last time, he was able to take over almost completely. That's why your memory loss was so severe."

"So you're saying the reason I was so angry, was because I was being slowly controlled by the Lich?"

"Yes, and its also partially my fault this happened."

"How so?"

"Well you remember when you worked for me?"

"Yes, I do. I remember it all. It was awful. I had to kill Phoebe's brother!"

"Yes you did, and I'm proud you did it. It was a type of test, to see if you were up to the job. I didn't realize your sword was infected with the Lich or I would have acted otherwise. That was the first kill that started anguish within you. It was a spark of misery and hatred towards me. The Lich was able to start feeding on you then you know the rest."

"It's all your fault?! You're the reason Jake's dead now! You're the reason I'm here. You're the reason I'm infected by the most primordial evil in all of existence. Bonnie is dead, and you are the reason it all started."

"Finn, calm down. If I knew the Lich was in your sword, I would have never done it."

"Yea, you wouldn't because you know the destruction I've caused! You still would have made me do it, but not with my sword. You would still want to see me in anguish as I slaughtered my friends because it was my tie to you! How many did you make me kill, that needed to die?"

"I- uhm..."

"Answer me Death! How many needed to die?"

"N-None of them n-needed to die..."

"You had me slaughter people to test me? To see if I was up to the job? I told you that I would do the job to be part of Ooo. I was willing to do the job because I believed it could let me help Ooo. Do you realize that this is all your fault?!"

"This is not all my fault! Your sword has been the one corrupting you. Remember, you smashed your tie to me!"

"Actually, I smashed my connection to my soul. That would mean it would be easier to infect me! You want to know why I smashed my crystal?"

"Uhm..."

"I smashed it because I didn't want the job any more Death! Because of your so called tests, I quit! You caused so much anguish within me, that I had to leave! If you hadn't simply tested me, none of this wouldn't have happened. I know who's the real cause of this. It's not me or even the Lich, it's you Death."

"Finn, you're not thinking rationally. I haven't purged the Lich from your system yet. He's still in you, feeding on all that hatred and anguish. He's controlling your brain Finn. He wants you to take it out on me. Please Finn, calm down, and let's think about this."

"I didn't imagine I'd have Death on his knees begging me to spare his life. How funny, is that you had control of me until now. Now I'm the one who controls your fate. The time for thinking is over Death. You didn't think when you sent me after those innocent people. It's time you pay for your crimes against humanity."

"Please don't do this Finn."

"I'm sorry Death. This has to be done. Luckily for me, you didn't hide my sword very well. It's time for your demise Death. Any last words?"

"You don't know what you're doing."

"I know exactly what I'm doing."

"If you do this Finn. You won't be able to connect with your soul again. Your mortal soul will shatter. Any last connection with Finn will be gone."

"I'll have my memories. I can't connect with my soul anyways. Because of you, the Lich prevents that. Farewell."

He may not have had eyes, but I could see fear within them. Death's last moments were of him on his knees, begging for mercy. Who could have thought the lord of Hell would beg for mercy? I am not one of mercy. It seems impossible to kill the embodiment of Death, but he is just a vessel of its power. That vessel is now gone. 

His body lays motionless on the floor. I can feel his power coursing through my entire system. I feel my mind start to slip away. I can feel these are my last moments. I would say it's been nice being Finn for this long, but I haven't been him for years. He died in Prismo's time room.

Time for a new era to begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5K 33
Love isn't always easy, there are choices and decisions to make. It's 2014, you are best friends with a boy with an eyepatch and his butler, a demon...
1.4M 11.9K 72
finn wolfhard + characters ! reader 1M views [07/14/22] #1 finn [10/22/20] #1 itmovie [11/14/20] #2 wolfhard [10/6/20] #2 imagines [01/22/21] #2 dogd...
29K 843 16
You, Y/N, are a wizard of sorts. You have the power to heal or destroy, but your services come at a price. For all except one. Finn the Human. Finn w...
14.6K 241 49
[ UNEDITED ] "Do you seriously think that low of me? Do you think I would do that to you after everything I told you? after all that we went through...