Maxerica Illean School Select...

By Elev77

Maxon is forced to go to one lucky school in any providence a sort of providence selection (Carolina wins) H... More

The set up/Authors' note
CH 1) The Selection {Edited}
CH 2) The Decision [Edited]
CH 3) First Day [Edited]
CH 4) Lunch [Edited]
CH 5) Unwanted [Edited]
CH 6) Questions [Edited]
CH 7) Getting Ready [Edited]
CH 8) The date! [Edited]
CH 9) The Release [Edited]
CH 10) Time [Edited]
CH 11) The Deal [Edited]
CH 12) Marlee [Edited]
Ch 13) Surprise😬[Edited]
CH 15) The Dance [Edited]
CH 16) Dance (part 2)[Edited]
CH 17) Dance (part 3) [Edited]
STORY HELP!
CH 18) Meeting The Parents[Edited]
CH 19) Scholarships

Ch 14) Leaving? [Edited]

111 4 2
By Elev77

Marlee

America has been held up in her room for the whole week! She won't leave won't go to classes, go out, do anything. I love America like a sister but I don't know what to do!

Carter said Maxon's been doing the same thing, not leaving his room or going to class!

I hear America strumming her guitar and humming a melody I have never heard before.

"Ames what songs that?" I say walking in her room.

"It's one of the news ones I wrote for the dance. Since I'm leaving I have to pay all my scholarship fund that I have used so far back. The principle said that I could start and pay most of it back by playing at the dance. So thats what I'm doing writing songs for the dance. They got me a band and everything. I could use some back up singers if you're interested? Not for the whole dance obviously I want you to have fun I just need some back up on a few songs. You in?"

"I guess, I just don't think you should be leaving in the first place. Especially for a guy! He should not be the reason you are leaving."

"We have every class together, he sits next to me, and we are partners in every classes Marlee! Also, Marls I loved him and he dumped me out of no where. If we broke up over a longer time period I wouldn't be leaving. Take it up with him why he broke up with me in a day. I was blindsided I thought we were doing so good. Why did he break up with me? Can you tell me that? If you can I will stay and tough it out."

"Ames, I really don't know, I wish I did-"

"Then please leave me to write."

I walk out of her room and get straight to working on Maxon's reasons. I text Carter,

Hey babe do you know why Maxon broke up with America?

You know I don't why you asked me before remember?

Ames said she'll stay if she knows the reason why he broke up with her

I'll try to get it out of him then. For you😏

Thanks babe😘

Carter(different POV now not text)

I need to figure this out for my Marlee.

"Hey Maxon, so why did you break up with America?" I just want to know so I can tell Marlee and be done with this.

"I already told you I am not telling you. The only person I would even think about telling is America, but she isn't talking to me."

"So if America came up to you and asked you why you broke up with her you would tell her?" I asked hurrily,

"I guess yeah." He sounds uncomfortable.

"Can't you just tell her without her asking?"

"I don't want her to think I am making up excuses though, I had a valid reason to break up with her and I can't go back."

"Well, if you don't tell her why, she is going to leave Carolina Academy and you'll never see her again!"

"She's leaving? Why?" He asks panicked.

"The only reason I can think of is you because you purposely made it so you two had all the same classes. What person wants to see the ex that broke up with them everyday?" I ask in a duh tone.

"You have a point I guess," he mumbles.

"So Marlee was telling me if she knew why you broke up with her she would stay."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Marlee really wants her to stay but she refuses because she doesn't know why you broke up with her!" I say a little fast.

"I guess I'll go tell her," He says running out of our room with his tux on because he was getting ready for the dance.

Maxon

What am I even doing, it's not like I can be with her or anything. I just really want her to stay so I can be near her. I am so selfish.

I run up to their dorm and knock on the door with some urgency.

To my surprise America answers with a beautiful dress thats is different than the dress she was wearing before.

(This is it)

"Maxon! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the dance already by yourself? Or did you find someone better to go with?" She says very calmly like I mean nothing. But I can see in her eyes it pains her to see me.

"No, I came to tell you why I broke up with you so you'll stay here,"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you're leaving. But, Marlee said that if I told you why I broke up with you then you would stay at school. Is that not correct and I just made the biggest fool out of myself?"

"I did say that but now that you're here to tell me I don't know if I really want to know. Can I ask one question?"

"Of course my- of course America."

"Did you break up with me because you don't think I'm good enough because I'm a five or not pretty enough because I'm not some blonde model?"

She's good enough for me, probably to good if I'm being honest. And she's beautiful! Gosh I want to be with here,

"No! Of course not! I said I wanted to be with and I do- did." I messed up!

"Max, do you WANT to be with me still?" Of course I WANT to be with her, but I CAN'T be with her.

"I can't, we can't be together."

"Why? That's why you came here right? To tell me why you broke up with me. So tell me."

"Okay, I broke up with you because of the press and my family. Well, more like my father."

"Do you think your family... your father I mean won't like me or the fact that I'm a five? What?"

"My father he wants me to be with a princess or a movie star. Someone famous or someone who he thinks will make Illea stronger by forming an alliance. But I think you would make Illea so much better than any alliance could." I say shyly.

"Max... I am singing in less than half an hour at the dance. That your supposed to be at by the way. This is a lot, can we finish this conversation after the dance? Also, yes I know I wanted to talk about this but I need to concentrate. I am singing all new songs that I wrote myself. I am nervous."

"I can not wait to hear them my dear."

"I'm not your dear Max and I hope you really like my songs."

"I know I will, save me a dance?" I say hopeful.

"Well, I will be working technically." I wish she wasn't.

"Please? You can say I made you since I am the prince," I am pretty smart, mini fist bump.

She mumbles something I don't hear.

"What?"

"Oh, I was just saying you are a prince."

"You're right I am just a prince in other places. But here I am the prince. Your prince," I whisper the last part in her ear and notice her shiver a little.

"Okay, goodbye my prince." She says and curtsies closing the door in my face.

I hadn't even realized I was outside her room again.

Also I am her prince.

I really hope you liked this! Next chapter is the dance, I will probably have a list of songs I imagine America playing. Also, maybe another surprise from Maxon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2K 42
America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, created by King Clarkson of Illea, in Angeles...
32.5K 366 49
⚠️READ THE SELECTION BOOKS BEFORE ! "Hello, my dear," he whispers. "Don't start," I warn in return, and we're both left smiling. He holds my hands as...
49.3K 1K 33
18 years ago, Queen Amberley and King Clarkson were flying to Italy when Queen Amberley went into labor. They demanded that the plane be landed immed...
14.5K 207 28
What if Maxon and America met in college. Maxon is the most popular guy in school and this is America's first year. Will Maxon even notice her? Follo...