Always Remember (Wesley Strom...

By e3and5soslover

Laney is just a small town girl living in Ohio, but then her dad gets a job transfer in California and her fa... More

Chapter 1 'The Move'
Chapter 2 'Hello, Again?'
Chapter 3 'Hangout?'
Chapter 4 'Grounded?'
Chapter 5 'Sorry'
Chapter 6 'Just a Dream'
Chapter 7 'What Are You Doing Here?'
Chapter 8 'Sparks'
Chapter 9 'Talking'
Chapter 10 'You're My Secret Admirer?'
Chapter 11 'What Do You Feel?'
Chapter 12 'Movies'
Chapter 13 'Vacation?'
Chapter 14 'Drew Day'
Chapter 15 'I love you not'
Chapter 16 'I'm in love with YOU'
Chapter 17 'Family Fun'
Chapter 18 'Don't Hate Me'
Chapter 19 'Are you Drunk?'
Chapter 20 'What Happened?'
Chapter 21 'Virginia'
Chapter 22 'I miss you'
Chapter 23 'Wait What?'
Chapter 24 'What Came?'
Chapter 25 'I'll Make it Work'
Chapter 26 'Promise?'
Chapter 27 'Christmas Shopping'
Chapter 28 'Road Trip'
Chapter 29 'I love you, Keaton?'
Chapter 30 'Merry Christmas!'
Chapter 31 'Welcome to New York'
Chapter 32 'New Years Kiss?'
Chapter 33 'Too Many Memories'
Chapter 34 'New Everything'
Chapter 35 'Need'
Chapter 36 'Second First Date'
Chapter 38 'Not Goodbye'
Chapter 39 'Surprise'
Chapter 40 'Doctor'
Chapter 41 'Not Expecting This'
Chspter 42 'House Party'
Chapter 43 'Wesley Jr.'
Chapter 44 'Complications'
Chapter 45 'It Can't be Time'
Chapter 46 'Magic Touch'
Chapter 47 'Time To Ourselves'
Chapter 48 'Baby Steps'
Chapter 49 'Big Day!'
Chapter 50 'Big Day Part II'
Chapter 51 'Big News'
Chapter 52 'Bora Bora'
Chapter 53 'Mystery Baby?'
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 37 '3000 Miles'

168 6 0
By e3and5soslover

Laney's POV

Kate and I are at my apartment getting ready for her friends concert. Knowing the kind of people she listens to, I hope they don't put me to sleep. I feel bad I don't even know their names or their band.

I'm wearing my normal skinny jeans, tank, and vans. I straightened my hair for a change and applied my normal makeup. I switched my necklaces after Ian left the other day. I put my ring back on around my neck, making me feel complete again. It's weird how I feel lost without it. Kate on the other hand was all dressed up, wearing a floral skirt, nice shirt, and some cute flat footed shoes.

"You ready?" Kate asked excitedly. I nodded and she pulled me out the door. When we got to the venue, there weren't many girls lined up.

"Is there a reason there aren't many girls here?"

"There was only a maximum of 200 tickets, it's an acoustic, intimate show," Kate explained.

"Oh, I thought your friends just sucked," I laughed jokingly. She giggled a bit too. She texted someone really quick and pulled me around the back of a building.

"They said they'd be right in here," she said opening a heavy door. We walked in and two boys were sitting down on a couch on their phones. They didn't look up right away, but when they did, I thought I was going to puke. Wesley and Keaton were her friends?! Why didn't I know this? Wesley locked eyes with me, and all I saw was pain in his once sparkly hazel eyes. No one said anything for awhile.

"Don't stare Wesley, she's taken," Kate teased. I wish she wouldn't have said that because he looked at me even more hurt if possible. I didn't know what to say. I pulled out my phone and acted like something came up.

"I-I have to go," I stuttered running back towards the door. I heard someone's footsteps chasing after me, but my adrenaline wouldn't let me stop.

"Laney! What is going on?" Kate huffed.

"I can't go back in there," I croaked with evident tears forming in my eyes.

"Why? What's wrong? Is it Ian?"

"N-No, Kate. How didn't I know? How didn't you know?" I cried gripping my necklace. She saw me holding it tight and gasped.

"Wait, don't even fucking tell me Wesley is the 'it's been 6 months' dude," she said in disbelief. I nodded violently while letting my tears pour out. I thought all of my tears for him were gone, but now that I see how much pain I caused him, and how much hatred he probably has towards me, all of my emotions combined and it's the only way I know to let them out.

"I'm sorry Laney. If I knew, I wouldn't have brought you, gosh I'm so stupid!"

"Go back in there and have fun. I'll pick you up later. I'm going home. There's no way I can stay," I whispered.

"Are you sure? I don't have to stay. Laney, maybe it would be good for you to talk to him? You both obviously still love each other. Did you see how he looked at you when he saw you? He couldn't keep his eyes off," she rambled.

"Kate it's not going to work. His eyes had nothing but pain in them. I know Wesley, and if he really wanted to talk, he would've chased after me, not you."

"I'm really sorry Lane," she sighed. She pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back, only making me want to cry more. When people show sympathy for me, it just makes me even more upset.

"I'll be fine, just go back before Keaton comes out here," I said. I went back out to my car and drove off. I didn't end up at my apartment though. I found myself knocking on Avery's door, not even knowing why. She opened her door and gasped, pulling me inside. I must've looked like I was crying a lot. She sat me down and made me talk to her about everything that happened. She tried to make me feel better, but nothing really could. What hurts even more than seeing him, was that cold, blank, painful stare he gave me.

-

Wesley's POV

-

I can't believe Laney is Kate's friend. What are the odds that would happen?! When she ran out I didn't even chase after her. I don't think she expected me to either. I wanted nothing more than to run and hold her and tell her everything would be okay, but truth be told, it wouldn't be okay. She hurt me so much, but I want her back so bad. The worst part of it all, I saw her wearing the ring on her necklace. Has she really worn it all this time? Because if she has, I want a damn straight answer as to why she ignored me for months on end, while she was probably screwing around with someone else.

"Bro, why didn't you talk to her?" Keaton asked.

"Because I couldn't. I froze dude. I wanted nothing more than to kiss her and hug her, but my body wouldn't let me."

"You need to do something! You can't just leave her here like that."

"Too late now, plus she's got a boyfriend. Didn't you hear Kate?"

"That's not the Wesley I know. If he loved something, he would chase after it, and I know he loves that girl out there. The Wesley I remember would find a way to talk to her. You deserve answers if nothing else."

"You're right, I can't just sit back and watch her slip out of my life like that. I love her so much, and I'm not leaving without talking to her. Do you think Kate will help me?"

"Of course she will Wes, just ask her."

We had to go get ready for sound check. The venue wasn't big at all, which is cool. I like the small intimate venues, even though it's amazing to play in the big arenas.

We finished soundcheck and they we starting to let the fans in. We had to go back into the dressing room. Kate was waiting in there for us.

"Hey Kate, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure, anything."

"Can you help me talk to Laney?"

"Oh Wes- I don't think that's such a great idea, I mean-"

"Please Kate, I need to. I love her so much, and I just need to make sure she's okay."

"Okay, I might have an idea, but she's not going to like me for this," she uneasily agreed. I gave her a hug before she went out to find a seat. We walked out and all the girls screamed. I waved to the audience, only making them scream more. We played a couple songs and answered a couple questions. The fans were loving it. I'm glad no one would ask about Drew and why he wanted to go solo because the whole topic made me kind've upset.

We finished the meet and greet after the show, and I went to see what Kate's plan was. She told me what to do, and it actually wasn't such a bad idea. I know Laney will like it.

"I just called her and she's picking me up soon. So you need to hurry up and go get ready. I'll come back to pick you up when I get her to leave."

"Okay," I answered. I ran off to the bus to get ready. This was going to be good.

-

Laney's POV

-

I went to pick Kate up and take her home. I felt a lot better after talking to Avery, but I can't help but feel empty. He's right in my city, and I can't even talk to him. I feel like such a bitch, and I'm sure he'd agree with that.

Kate hopped in my car and I took her back to her apartment. She was about to get out but she stopped. She looked down at her phone and started tearing up.

"What? What's wrong Kate?"

"Ash-Ashton, he just-"

"What?! I'm gonna kill him! He broke up with you? You were so good together," I complained. Everything is falling apart right now.

"You stay here and I'm gonna run to the store to rent some movies and get some food, okay?" She agreed so I took off and went to the store.

-

WESLEY'S POV

-

Kate came and picked me up right at the time she said she'd be here. I put my guitar in her car and she drove me to Laney's apartment. She had a spare key, thankfully, and let me in.

"I texted Laney to meet me here. She said she'd be here in 10 so hurry!" I set up my guitar and everything and waited for her on her bed. Kate left somewhere, probably back home. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for her to open the door. My palms were sweating and I had a lump in my throat. I'm as ready as I'll ever be for this. I was more nervous than I was before a big show.

"Kate! Are you here?" I heard her call through the big apartment. I slowly started playing my guitar, loud enough so I knew she could hear. I softly started singing, and I heard her footsteps stop. They started up again, very slowly. I sang louder as they got closer to her bedroom door.

I wanna run wanna run away-ay
I'm dreaming of a place called home
I could try but I'm stuck in today
I'm dreaming of a place that's
3000 miles away
Feels like it's forever
Seems like yesterday
We were running 'round town together
This place, just ain't the same
I miss the stormy weather
I'm not okay
3000 miles away

You don't pick up but I keep redialing
Cause you're asleep got your phone on silent
Still early here I'm wide awake
I just wanna hear you tell me all about your day
Although I never really showed it
I had to leave for me to notice
That living in the sunshine's cold I'm dreaming of a place called home

The door creaked open about halfway and her head peaked around the corner. She closed her eyes tightly when she saw that I was sitting on her bed.

"Laney," I sighed, still nervous.

"I know Wes, I'm a bitch, you don't have to remind me," she sighed back. Why would she think that? Never in my life would I call her something like that.

"What? Never in my life would I call you that."

"What do you want then? I don't know why you're here," she shakily said. Tears were streaming down her face, something I didn't want to see. What did I expect though?

"Laney I love you. You can't tell me for a second you don't feel the same way. I saw the necklace you still had on."

"I haven't taken it off," she smiled through her tears. She came and sat beside me, surprising me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and rubbed them to calm her. She silently weeped to herself, just blankly staring at the floor.

"Then I want to know what happened? Why you left me with no answers. You completely cut me off. I deserve something."

"I'm so sorry, okay. I didn't want it to be that way! I cried myself to sleep my whole first month I was here alone without you! I knew that if I would continue to think about you and still keep in contact with you, it'd be even worse by now."

"I waited months on end for a phone call, text, letter, something. I worried about you everyday I was without you. Do you know what it's like to go to sleep every night not knowing if the person you love is okay?"

"I do, actually. Don't act like you were the only one affected by this. I still think about you everyday I'm here alone. I still love you, and every time I thought about you, my feelings for you grew even stronger without you even being here. You would be sick if I told you half of the things I did to myself those first months alone."

"That was your choice though! You didn't have to stop talking to me! I could have done something! I couldn't even look at another girl after I left you that day. I was so distraught, I didn't even know what to do with myself. I couldn't sleep, eat, or even write music knowing you wouldn't talk to me."

"I don't even know what to say Wesley. I'm sorry doesn't even begin what I feel about it. I know saying I'm sorry doesn't help anything at all, but I really am truly sorry. My heart breaks every time I hear your name. I know this is all my fault, and it devastates me. I just wish this didn't have to happen."

"You can't blame this all on yourself. I know you're sorry, I'm sorry too. I could've prevented this, but I didn't even try. I just love you, and I thought you stopped loving me."

"I've learned something these past few months; you never actually stop loving someone, you simply just learn to live without them. I never stopped loving you Wesley, so don't think for a minute that I don't love you. I tried so many ways to get over you, my body kept telling me to get over it, but my heart wouldn't let me. My love for you only grew stronger when I started dating Ian."

"So you really are dating someone else right now?"

"It means nothing Wes. I just didn't want to break his heart."

"Oh but it's okay if you break mine," I said jokingly. She slapped my chest and laughed through her tears. I looked at her and lifted her chin up. She looked in my eyes, searching them for something. I wiped her remaining tears with my thumb, grazing her skin softly. I started to lean in ever so slowly to see if she would do the same. She didn't at first, but the closer I got to her lips, it seemed like she moved closer too.

I felt her soft warm lips against mine, and god can I say how much I've missed them. It felt like our first kiss all over again. I felt that tingle and spark still there, even stronger if possible. Our lips moved in sync as I ended up with my back laying down on her bed. She was on top of me, straddling my waist, not taking her lips away from mine.

"I've missed you, so much," she mumbled against my lips before traveling down to my neck.

"I've missed your lips so much," I chuckled back. She planted a long, sweet passionate kiss on my lips and got off. She laid down next to me and looked up at me.

"What happens now? You leave, I stay? We go through this hell again?"

"I think we need to plan something, that we can both agree on, that doesn't involve us losing contact for a long time."

"Good luck with that," she muttered.

"I'm not letting you slip out of my grip again. It has happened too many times, and I love you way too much for it to happen again."

"Why? Why after all of this shit I put you through do you still love me? Most guys would be completely done with a girl if they did that to them."

"Same reason you stayed with me after that Carly thing. I love you, and like I've said a million times before, nothing will ever change that. Love isn't just a word I like to throw around. When I say I love someone, or something, I truly mean it."

"That really means a lot Wesley. Like, more than you could ever know. I've been rejected almost my whole life, and to finally be accepted by someone that loves you for you, is just the most amazing feeling in the entire world. When I left, and wasn't with you, I felt like I lost all of my confidence. I wouldn't talk to other guys like I talk and tease you, I wouldn't even wear stuff that I wouldn't think twice about wearing next to you. I just felt so uncomfortable with myself, you know? Then I realized, it's not myself that gives me that confident feeling, it's you. You make me feel so special that I don't even worry what I say or wear in front of you. It's the most incredible feeling in the world Wesley. I missed it so much, and I never want it to leave again."

"You shouldn't need me to let you know that you're beautiful. Anyone can see that light shine right through you, sparkling up your eyes. You have an amazing body, personality, and positive mindset. You should never feel the need to impress me with your looks, or have to be uncomfortable with talking to me. I will always be here for you, and I will always stay true to that statement. I never want that feeling of confidence to leave you, because it makes you happy, and if you're happy, I'm even happier."

"This is why I'm so incredibly lucky. You say the kindest things that make my heart just flutter," she giggled. I pecked her forehead and left my head to rest against hers.

"I missed our talks like this," I sighed.

"Me too, it reminds me of the first couple times we hung out after we started dating."

-

LANEY'S POV

-

We laid there silently for awhile, just enjoying each other for the short amount of time we have together right now. It wasn't even one bit awkward, as it usually would be with any other guy.

"Were you planning on coming back home for Spring Break?"

"Uh..... no. I really want to and all, I just won't have time. I'm so stressed with school and everything right now. I have finals to study for, speaking of school I have an assignment I need to work on for Monday, ugh," I groaned.

"Maybe you need to come home for awhile. You need to free yourself from work and school. Let loose, have some fun. Think about coming home, please."

"How long are you here for?"

"Only until tomorrow. We have an interview in the morning, then we're probably leaving," he sighed.

"Wait, where's your interview? I have to interview some people tomorrow morning at work."

"Popstar Magazine?" He questioned more than stated.

"That's where I work, you know that right? You probably either have me or Hazel tomorrow."

"I hope it's Hazel, because you'll distract me the whole time," he teased.

"Most likely," I giggled. "Where's Keaton?" I asked.

"He's probably on the tour bus."

"And he won't be coming here, right?" I asked seductively. I missed Wesley so much in so many ways, and staring at his gorgeous body is making me crave him.

"Nope, why?" He chuckled, knowing what I was thinking.

"I think both of us need a little relief?" He chuckled and kissed my cheek, heading towards my lips. He attacked them hungrily, tugging at my bottom one, putting it in between his teeth. He entered his tongue, exploring my mouth. I pulled at the back of his hair, that was barely there since it looked like he got a haircut. He was on top of me kissing a trail down my neck, sucking softly at my sweet spot. He smirked up at me when I let out a low moan.

"I still remembered," he winked.

"I also still remember how crazy you'd go, when I did this," he lowly said while rubbing me through my jeans. I gasped at the sensational feeling I haven't felt since he left.

"Or when I kissed you here," he smiled, lifting my shirt up and planting a kiss right above the waistline of my jeans. I shivered underneath him, still not used to someone touching me again. He moved back up to my lips and pressed his to mine passionately. He pulled away and took his shirt off, exposing his even more defined abs.

"You really have been working out more," I smirked. He chuckled and took my shirt off over my head, throwing it to the side. I unhooked my bra and let it join our shirts on the floor. He stared at me for awhile smiling to himself.

"I've missed this view," he huskily growled.

In the heat of the moment all of our clothes came off and the room was filled with our pants and moans. He slammed into me with all of the force he had. When we both reached our highs he fell onto the bed right next to me, panting.

"I missed that feeling," I breathed.

"You have no idea," he huffed. He pulled me closer to him, so that there was no space between us. He stroked my hair slowly as I laid my head on his chest, letting my head rise and fall with his breathing. Here I am, falling for Wesley even more. A couple days ago I was so positive I was over him. This, right here, is why you never give up on someone you love.

"I love you Lane," he whispered.

"I love you even more Wesley," I mumbled back. After minutes passed by, I found myself slowly drifting off while listening to his calming heartbeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 418 30
Wesley Stromberg falls for a girl almost at first sight while he's stuck in traffic on the 101 but is there more than meets the eye with this girl? B...
712K 13.2K 35
// Keaton Stromberg // + " ... and I didn't love you at first, no, it just didn't make sense because we were young. But maybe that was it, maybe I lo...
5.7K 205 36
Noelle has gone through a hard time and she's decided to escape to California and her best friend is coming with her. She thinks that a new place is...
6.8K 301 50
Saige and Wesley haven't seen each other since the day they broke up. They both claim they've gotten over each other, but deep down, they know they h...