The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

Facts or Myths

917 203 5
By amourpierce

I paused my essay as soon as i heard the question. The shadow of the fellow fell on my script, the male cologne invaded my sense of smell. My eyes shifts to the feet of the stranger only to see the famous timberland shoes always worn by the youth service corps.

I look up to see the tall guy staring at me. He has on the complete gear of the youth service corps. The only thing missing was his cap which was hanging by his pocket. No doubt he looks good looking, with his chocolate complexion.

I felt many eyes on us as he stands in front of me staring head on.

"I?"  He nods "am Teni... Teniola Coker" I introduced myself like always.

"You attend this school, right?" His calm manly voice asked me. I stare at him as if he was stupid or blind. Of course he is not, he is still staring at me and he just asked of my name. I nodded. "Okay then, am just asking cause i don't see you around... Nice writing by the way" he said before walking away.

Is that even legal? An invigilator talking to his students during a test. Yes, we, I mean the whole Ss3 are writing our English test which is the final test in the school hall. The English teacher placed invigilators at strategic places to ensure there was no cheating and if caught, the student is penalized.

I was busy enjoying the flow from my brain to my paper through the use of my pen when i was interrupted by the randy corper.

Yes, you heard me, Corper Ubong is a randy corper. He has grown popular under two weeks because he is the ladies man.

I continued my essay, writing what i know and remember. The test was... Sweet! Apart from the corper coming towards my seat on intervals to check my script which i found annoying and the uncanny stares i received from my mates, it was sweet.

Few minutes passed, i go over my essay checking for errors and corrections. I submit my script to the teacher as i went out of hall to wait for Tomi and Femi.

I stood beside the flower beds as i wait along with my fellow mates for our friends to finish. I play with my pen  thinking about tomorrow being Friday.

We are having our P. E tomorrow which i find quite terrifying considering the fact am in Shubomi's group.

Then also the party in which the girls blabbing behind me refused to shut up on. I look up as my eyes meet that of the boy i saw yesterday, that same cute boy. My heart fluttered as we stare at each other. He gave me an easy smile before facing his friend who was talking to him.

Wait... Was he checking me out?

I smirk turning to the entrance of the hall which Femi and Tomi came out from. I gave them a grin as they walk towards me.

"How was it?" Tomi shrugged as Femi answered.

"Same old... Same old" he muttered. He is never excited whenever he finishes a test. He told me he prefers to celebrate after he sees his result. Something about not putting one's eggs in a basket.

I link arm with Tomi leaving Femi to talk with his other male friends as we both walked towards our classroom block.

"So... What's up with you and calabar boy?" She asked wriggling her eyebrows.
I furrow mine in confusion until it finally hit me.

"I wish i had an idea. How can you say you have not seen me in school before if you had been here for only two weeks!?" We both giggled.

Corper Ubong is the calabar boy.  He came from Cross River, an indigene of Calabar.

We were both interrupted when a figure runs into the both of us, i almost stumbled, separating our arms. What the hell?!

I seethe at the smug look on her face. She turns to look at us especially me, daring me with her eyes. Tomi quickly grab on to my hand to stop me from doing anything drastic.

"Leave her... She isn't worth it" Tomi said calmly as her two friends walked past us towards her. Adeola sent me a look of apology as the Amina girl ignored us.

I let out a deep breathe as the trio walks away. Am going to get that bitch one day.

                       📚📜🎒

I stare at the robust man, listening to him attentively. Currently we are in the language lab, we have Yoruba language as a subject.

Every student had to offer any three of the main native language spoken in Nigeria. I choose Yoruba cause, well... You know... It is what i understand?.

Our Yoruba teacher was dressed in his native wear portraying what he is teaching. He wore his 'fila abeti aja' his buba and sokoto along side iyun, he also adds his 'irukere' (horse tail) to complete the costume.

Currently, he was talking about the tattoo. How the traditional tattoo was used in the olden days as a form of beautification. It was loved by some but also frowned at by others.

Same thing is happening during this present age. It looks cool on some people while others look... Trashy? Yea that is the word.

I can't do it though, am afraid of the needle and am not ready to commit myself to that kind of thing.

Moreover, my mother will kill me. I remember the warning she gave my brothers when they were to travel overseas. She went ahead to quote the bible 'thou shall not make any mark or incision on your body'. I don't know where she got the verse but she dig it out of the bible.

Pity... her second son already as one, ssssh... I didn't tell you. It was suppose to be a secret because he made me swear an oath of secrecy. It is not that visible though.

Of all tattoos my brother decided to get, he got a dot. Yeah a dot... Near is pinky finger. So you see it is not visible.

I listen to him as he tells us more about incision and scarification.

Do you know that in some parts of the Yoruba land, yams are classified into different types. There is the 'ewura', 'agbelooba, 'ewuru', 'olo' etc. He also mentioned that of the green vegetables, the 'shoko', 'Tete', 'aje fawo', 'amu inu tutu', 'ebolo' which smells a lot by the way.

Do you know? Before the missionaries came for evangelism. Malaria was characterised as 'iba'. Natural roots and leaves were used to cure it. Leaves like Neem leaves, lemon grass, mango leaves, cashew leaves, ginger and even pawpaw leaves.

My country is blessed!

The only problem with the natural herb is the abuse of the potion. Like some people tend to overcook, overdose the leaves which leads to problem. Let's not forget the poor hygiene.

I sigh as a paper hits me again. Already knowing who it was i turn around to give him a hard glare.

Prince only made a kissy face as i silently groaned. We are in class for Christ sake. I gave him the middle finger before turning to the teacher.

The bell rang. He dismissed the class as i packed my books. On getting out of class i was stopped by the clown.

"Hello... Sexy lady" he purrs.

"Seriously Prince... Is that the best you can do?" I asked rolling my eyes. He only smirked slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"I have a lot of name to call you my lovely lady" I shake my head in amusement.

"You are quite the smooth talker" he grinned.

We stopped walking when we saw Shubomi who stood few feet away from us. His stare was on me, no not me... It was on Adeolu's arm on my shoulder. It was unflinching.

He quickly takes his hand away from my shoulder as i ignore his stare. I bid him farewell walking away. I felt his stare on my back as i walk away. Tomorrow is going to be long day....

                          📰📝📷

Who has a Corper Ubong back in secondary school? 😂😂.... I do. 🤚🤚

Henrietta and her wahala😒😒

Adeolu the smooth talker. 😏😏

When will federal universities resume bayii... Am tired fa. Yes... Am a victim of ASUU strike. 😭😭. If you are an ASUU victim, let's gather here and continue to hope and pray.

We are still in independence week so... Happy 60th independence day 🇳🇬 Nigeria 🎇🎇🎆🎆

God bless my country...
God bless Nigeria  🇳🇬...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 2.4K 44
'But why? ' That was the only phrase on Lauretta's mind when the announcement that James Walter will be on her team. ***** Dealing with moving on fro...
42.9K 12.7K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
12.2K 1.9K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...