The Fire Unleashed ✔

By AnshaBhatia

*CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE* Tiger King, owner of King Hotels & Co., the largest chain of hotels all over th... More

1. Memories
3. Familia
4. Fatal
5. Wounds
6. Arch Nemesis
7. The D-Day Arrives
8. Off We Go
9. The Penultimate Showdown
10. Bitter & Twisted
11. All Falls Down Part 2
12. Chance
13. The Last Flicker
14. Vain
15. Incubus
16. Egregious
17. Harsh Reality
18. Wretchedness
19. Invigorated
20. Monotony Is Exciting
21. Sofia Gold
22. A Gauche Dinner
23. Luca's Histrionics
24. Prerogatives
25. The Moshchnost Gang
26. Wounded
27. Red
28. Regret
29. Drained
30. First Date
31. Informative
32. Scepticism
33. The Truth
34. Trapped
35. The Final Showdown
36. Death
37. Resurrection
38. Reunion

2. Risks

88 10 12
By AnshaBhatia

"Hello? Are you here? Or did you transport to a different dimension?"

Came the annoying voice of my only best friend who seemed to be standing right beside me.

"Just sit down and tell me about what you found out."

I said while my eyes were still closed.

"What were you even thinking of huh? You looked... deep in thought. So much so that even I got soft on you for a second."

He said, sitting down and making himself comfortable on the sofa in the middle of the room.

"What's the big deal today? You always go soft on me."

I said haughtily while I also proceeded to take a seat beside him.

"Well, I do have some information. He does not do business in this country yet but we don't know his intentions, he might want to expand his business and he might do it very soon..."

Luca started off but I just raised an eyebrow at him.

"So, what you want for me to do is sit here and wait patiently for him to come to New York? Even though you knew how much I would loathe this plan, you still believe in it?"

"Then what other options do we have? How can we catch him best if not in our territory?"

He asked me in a tired tone of voice, telling me how done he actually was talking about this.

"Why do you always think taking risks is a bad idea? A risk is something which can end in both ways - so why do you always repudiate the possibility of success and automatically assume that everything will be ruined?"

I asked, getting irritated.

"I've told you myriad of times that you shouldn't discuss business if you are angry. Try to calm down for a second and don't be so fucking defensive okay? I'm just trying to look out for you but I guess that's just a fucking sin."

He said, now completely serious.

I sighed.

"I know you are but that can't stop me from reaching my goal. And if I get scared at every step I take, then am I man? No, I'm a fucking coward!"

"Okay, so to satisfy your male ego, what do you need to do so badly? How are you going to catch him?"

"We will go there. I can't wait for him to arrive here."

"And? I know you won't go there without a definite plan."

Luca asked me.

"That's the direction I want you to work in. Find out all about the smaller gangs in that place. What their role is, how much of their loyalty is bought by money and how much of it is genuine, their business secrets - I need everything. Only then, will I make the first move."

I ordered him.

"That sounds more like a plan. Okay then, I will need some time to do that. But I also wanted to tell you  something more important,"

He said, increasing my curiosity.

"More important? What's more important than this?"
I asked him.

"The fact that he is also into trafficking of girls."

"What? Since when?"

I asked him, surprised but definitely not disappointed. This man was just getting worse but that's how he is. Absolutely revolting.

"I think it's been a few years. He has many smaller gangs working under him for this purpose. Which brings me to our plan, why don't we target only those gangs? You should also know that these kind of people have no loyalty towards anyone. They just need to sell the girl and get the money."

His idea was nice. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to get back at that bastardo. He has started doing something which is despicable even for us mafia people, which is saying a lot as we ourselves don't live a life by the law or any other rules. This man is blinded by his money and the power that comes from it. But what he doesn't understand is that this is all a huge swamp and he is only diving deeper with every step he takes. One day, he will be in so deep that nobody will be able to help him and he will be left all alone to rot and die in that abyss.

"I like this idea better. Don't waste energy on all of them and only target the selected ones. I think we will be able to find the correct one among them very soon."

"So do I. So, will you stay here the whole day? Or..."

Luca started to ask me but then trailed off. I don't know what he's trying to talk about.

"Did mamma call you again?"

I asked with a defeated sigh. I really am her son, looking at the fact that she is being so damn consistent about this.

"Yes, and I don't think she is wrong in any way. You-"

"Don't tell me what to do Luca. You know-"

I was cut off in the same manner.

"No, I don't know. I just know that your stubborn wish of not seeing her face is unreasonable and downright unjust, and that you are just being a baby."

"Being a baby?! Do you even know what you are talking about? Do you know that I saw it with my own eyes that day? I saw everything! You saw everything! And what could we do? NOTHING!! And I'm being a baby if I don't want to see her."

"For God's sake, stop thinking that I'm some indifferent asshole. I was there and therefore I'm telling you upfront that you are wrong in this situation. At least go visit her once a month? It won't hurt you to spend two hours a month with your mamma. Just go tonight, okay? I'm going to leave early because I have other business to attend."

Luca simply left after lecturing me like that. I tried to focus on the unending files piling up on my desk but couldn't because honestly, even I was feeling a tad bit guilty. That bastardo had such a good way with words that he possessed the power to make the mighty Tiger King feel guilty - something that I never feel, no matter what the situation is.

When I texted mamma to inform her that I was coming for dinner that night, all I got was a simple response of Thank you from her, but I knew very well that she couldn't have conveyed her feelings in a better way or with different words. For once, I forgot all about my promise to myself; for once, I felt happy after breaking the rules I made.

As I stepped out of my car and stood in front of a gate I hadn't seen in months, I felt somewhat like a stranger who was entering this door for the first time, totally oblivious to the house that lied beyond this door, but at the same time, it also felt weirdly familiar, like I have been living here for all these years even when I had clearly separated and bought my own house. These mixed feelings came up to me more forcefully when I heard the sound of someone opening the door. I, the man who was known for head-butting into situations without a second thought, wanted someone to give me courage at that time. A lot of courage.

When the door opened, I saw her standing there. She now looked so much smaller than me, maybe because I had grown to a solid six feet two inches while she was still at five feet three inches. Her beautiful golden brown hair now had a few grey strands in it, she had fine lines around her eyes and her shape looked slightly slumped, like she had no energy, but her eyes were smiling, just like they always did. She was happy to see me, I could see it in her eyes and at that time I realized, what kind of a blunder I had made. I left her to battle with this world on her own in such tough times and like a coward, kept blaming myself rather than staying with her. I didn't even deserve to be called her-

"Why are you staring at me like that, Alesso? Come one dear."
She said with that sweet voice of hers which always gave me a lot of happiness and strength.

Stepping inside, I looked around and saw the same white walls filled with expensive paintings, the same gold finish on the white marble stairs and the vintage look and feel of the house which made it seem like it was built in the 1800s. Although, it wasn't that old, but it was at least sixty years old since it was a family heirloom.

"Come this way, Alesso. Dinner is ready."

She seemed to be very excited by the way she kept following my every move and everything single gesture with her eyes. I was kind of awkward because I didnt know how to start the conversation, but I didn't have to worry about it for long I guess.

"How are you dear? Is business going well?"

She broke the ice first.

"I'm good. And yeah, the business is also... good. How are you?"

"I'm always good. I was so excited when you texted me today, so I cooked your favorite dish and dessert too. You really used to like carbonara with meatballs right?"

"You remembered. It is still my favorite dish,"

I answered, smiling lightly but feeling a lot of pain from inside. I just couldn't imagine what I had lost till this day and even if I could imagine it now, I didn't want to acknowledge it.

As we ate the food and drank her favorite red wine, small awkward conversations took place but the only difference it made that by the time those two hours were over, we both had opened up too much to each other. It actually felt like catching up with your long-lost friend and before leaving, I also promised her that I will keep coming to visit her regularly. Luca was right this time. This time, I was the one who made a mistake. And I intended to make it right.

I ran out of the car into the house as soon as the car stopped beside the door, again. Both of my parents didn't know how to handle me because I was always a naughty child and talked a blue streak and was always impatient to get the things I wanted in life.

"Alesso dear, be careful. You will hurt yourself."
Mamma's worried voice came faintly from the door but I had already taken a seat at the dining table.

I could hear dad bickering with my mamma again.

"Sabrina darling, how many times have I told you to call him tiger? He is a tiger, he is brave, bold and extremely confident. You must support him and raise his confidence."

"And calling him by an animal's name is the right way to do it? Alesso is his real name, why don't you call him by his name. I'm telling you one of these days, he will actually forget all about his real name and go around telling people that he is Tiger King."

"Actually... that's a really good idea. Wow, Sabrina, we should have done this earlier. Don't you think?"

"Oh God, you have started this again. I don't want to discuss it anymore. His name will always be Alesso Armani King, that's all I know."

"Okay, okay dear. Now don't be upset, huh? Let's go and eat dinner."

In the meantime, I got bored of their fighting and shouted from the table,

"Oh God, please come fast and let's start eating. I'm really hungry today."

"We are here, my tiger. Let's eat now."

"Today I have cooked something that both father-son duo likes - carbonara with meatballs!"

"Yay!!! I love carbonara and meatballs! You are the best mamma."

I shouted while dad also got very happy.

"Honestly, I don't like anyone else's food in the whole world, you know? Your mother cooks the best food, Tiger. You should be more thankful to her."

Dad said to me.

"I am dad, you are the one who always keeps fighting with mamma about my name."

I replied back at which mamma laughed again.

"I love it the most when our son beats you in debates. So, dear Alesso, which name do you like the most? Alesso or Tiger?"

"Mm.... I can't decide mamma. I think I like both of them."

I replied truthfully which made both of them miffed with me.

"You like both the names? How is this possible? You're only supposed to like one name."

And then, they started fighting again about the names while I just slapped my forehead with my hands. I should have known that they will never stop fighting about this name thingy.

"Sir, we have arrived at your house,"
My driver told me as he parked in front of the door to my personal house I bought a few years back.

"Yeah, good work Marco. Come tomorrow at 9:30 am sharp."

I told him as I got out of the car lazily, tired physically and mentally enough to forget that home once made me feel the happiest but now, home was the only thing lacking in my life.

--------------------------------------------

Another reminder - the text in italics that is in between the two dots is a flashback.

Please vote for the chapter and share your thoughts about it in the comments. Love you❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9M 1.3M 77
COMPLETED. "Look, if you're-" "Shut up." I was taken back at the sudden manner in which he spoke to me. "Let's get something straight Miss Greene, I...
2.5M 90.8K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
273K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
2.3M 83.1K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...