๐›๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐š๐ค๐š ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ...

Af AGHaShEEEh

oneshots all about my otp :) - - - characters do not belong to me. credits to the rightful owner haruichi fur... Mere

Kiss it Better
Missing Him
Thank You!
Beautiful Music
Perfect
Sorry, not an update
I'M SO SORRY Still not an update ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
My Hero
๐Ÿ’– ily ๐Ÿ’–
Self Conscious
Capture the Flag
Happier
10K!!!
Happy Birthday Bokuto!
Happy Birthday Konoha!
๐ŸŽƒ Breaking Boundaries ๐ŸŽƒ
๐ŸŽƒ Skittles and Sour Patch ๐ŸŽƒ
Happy Birthday Akaashi!!
โค๏ธCherry Blossomsโค๏ธ

Bokuto Hikari and Nakamura Ren

1.8K 60 227
Af AGHaShEEEh

as requested by a lot of people, hikari is back!!!
ngl as i wrote this i realized that this is just how i'd live if i was hikari... whoops-
anyways hope y'all enjoy!

Hikari Bokuto was living her best life.

She had been adopted by the Bokutos 11 years ago. Her life without them was something she couldn't even remember.

14 year old Hikari was faced with a problem.

As she was walking home with her friend and neighbor Nakamura Ren, she couldn't help but stare.

Ren had long silky dark hair, beautiful brown eyes, and fair skin. When she smiles, two dimples form on her cheeks.

Ren was one of those girls who were really fun to be around, she was friendly, funny, and overall great company.

Ren was one of Hika's closest friends. Ren thought of Hika as her best friend. Hika, on the other hand thought of Ren as something else.

As Hika focused intently on what Ren was saying, she slipped and fell backwards.

"Asahi Christ!" Hika shouted out before meeting the pavement.

"Oh my- haha! Hika, a- ha are you okay? A-and who's Asahi?" Ren tried to say in between laughs as she looked down at Hika who was now laying on the floor.

Hika blushed at Ren's laugh and turned her head in embarrassment.

"C'mon Hika, get up." Ren stuck out her hand for Hikari to grab.

Once Hika was back on her feet, Ren asked again "Who's Asahi?"

"Oh he's this really tall guy who's dating one of my Dad's teammates. I've met him a few times and he looks like Jesus" Hikari explained, remembering Noya-san and Azumane-san.

"Oh yeah! You're Dad's on the National volleyball team, right?"

"Yeah, both my parents play volleyball, but my Papa stopped after high school."

"Man, athleticism runs through your blood doesn't it?"

Even though Hikari wasn't biologically their daughter, she still picked up her fathers' athletic skills and ended up playing basketball.

"Oh! Speaking of which, do you wanna come to my game this weekend, Ren?"

"Sure! Anything for my best bud!" Ren said as she slung her arm over Hika's shoulder.

"K. Oh, we're at my house already. Wanna come in?" Hikari noticed that they were already in front of the Bokutos' house.

"Sure, why not? I've never been."

Hikari took her house keys and opened the door.

"Dad! I'm home!" Hikari called out, knowing that her Dad didn't have practice today.

"Hiya Hika! Oya oya? Who's this?" Koutarou said, noticing that it wasn't just Hikari at the door.

"O-oh, this is my friend, Nakamura Ren. Ren, this is my Dad, Bokuto Koutarou." Hikari introduced her friend to her dad.

"Nice to meet you, Bokuto-san! It's an honor to meet someone on the National Volleyball Team! I've also heard a lot about you from Hika!" Ren said politely.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Ren-chan! And thanks! Ah, hold on. Keiji! Hika's home!" Koutarou called out.

"Wait, Papa's home?" Hikari asked, surprised that both her dads were home before her.

"Yeah, he got off work early today, since he's been working late a lot." Koutarou explained.

"Oh! Welcome home, Hika. And you are?" Keiji said as his head popped out of the kitchen doorway.

"Nakamura Ren, um.. Bokuto-san!" Ren introduces herself once again, this time to Hikari's other dad.

Hikari giggled a bit. The funny thing when you have two dads is when they're both called "Bokuto-san".

Ren whacked Hikari on the side playfully after hearing the Bokuto laugh beside her.

"Oh, just call me Keiji, Ren-kun. It's nice to see that Hikari's made a nice friend, pretty too."

"Papaaaaaa!"

"I'm just messing with you, sweetie. Anyways, would you like to stay for dinner, Ren-kun?" Keiji asked, almost done cooking.

"I would love to, Keiji-san! I'll just text my mom to let her know. Thankfully we live like right next door, so it shouldn't be much of a problem." Ren accepted, getting her phone from her pocket.

"Whaaaaat? Hika, you didn't tell us that Ren-chan is our neighbor! Why didn't you ever tell us?" Koutarou exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well I knew you were gonna nag me about visiting her so I didn't tell you..." Hikari muttered.

Ren heard her and said "Aww, Hikaaaa, what if I want you to visit?" flopping onto Hikari.

"S-shut up, baka." Hikari blushed again.

Keiji noticed Hikari's body language and knew that something was going on.

"Oh! You two must be tired from walking from school, just take a seat anywhere in the living room." Keiji said, gesturing to the room Koutarou was.

Hika and Ren walked over to the living room and sat on the couch beside Koutarou, who was watching a volleyball match.

It seemed to be a high school match. It didn't look too recent either, so it was probably a throwback match.

Hikari then noticed one of the players on one of the teams. He looked extremely familiar.

It struck her suddenly.

"Dad! Is that you!?" Hikari jumped up, pointing at a spikey-haired player on the screen.

"Yup! Back when I was in my third year of high-school! And look, you see the setter on our team? That's Keiji!" Bokuto exclaimed proudly as he pointed to his husband, who was wearing the jersey number 5.

"Woaaah! That's so cool!" Ren said in awe.

"Hold on, hold on. IS THAT UNCLE TETSUROU?" Hikari shouted once again, seeing a familiar bedhead in a red jersey on the other side of the net.

"Wait. Tetsurou? As in, Kuroo Tetsurou? As in, Kuroo-sensei?!" Ren joined in in surprise, recognizing the name of their chem teacher.

"Oh yeah! Kuroo teaches at your school. Yeah, that's him." Koutarou said calmly.

"BOKUTO HIKARI, YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE RELATED TO KUROO-SENSEIIIIII" Ren turned to Hika and started shaking her.

"I'm nOoOoot." Hika said before Ren stopped shaking her "He's just good friends with Dad, so I call him Uncle Tetsurou." Hikari explained.

(and yes, I'm referring to the Fukurodani vs Nekoma match in the s4 ovas, Riku vs Kuu)

"Also, if you look over there near the net, across from your Papa, you can see Kenma- er, Kozume. Oh wow, his roots hadn't grown out that much then." Koutarou pointed at the red number 5 who's hair looked like a pudding.

"Kozume-san? No wayyyy. This is so crazy."

"Yes way, and also, look over here, number 7? That's Uncle Akinori."

"WHAT?! UNCLE AKI PLAYED TOO? Just how many of your high school friends are still your friends now?!" Hikari gazed at the screen in disbelief.

"A lot actually. You know one of the setters on Dad's team? Kageyama Tobio, and his boyfriend Hinata Shoyo? Your Dad and I knew them when they were in their first year of high school. We also knew Tooru-san before, but your Dad met him in college." Keiji explained, walking out of the kitchen, a pot in hand.

"Holy crap..." Hikari muttered.

"Anyways, dinner's ready, c'mon." Keiji said, placing the large pot in the center of the table.

"Oooh! Whadidya make, 'Ji?" Koutarou walked over to his husband and put his arm on his lover's waist.

"I made hot pot, dear. And the kind with meat, since I know you like that kind." Keiji smiled and kissed Koutarou's cheek.

"Aww, you know me too well." Koutarou pecked his husband on the lips before detaching himself from Keiji and walking over to the table.

"Ahhhh oh my god Hika, your parents are so cuuuuuute!" Ren whisper-screamed to Hika as they got up from the couch.

"Geez, Ren. I'm fully aware that my parents are a cute couple but don't needa say it out loud." Hikari said awkwardly.

"But seriouslyyyy! They're so cute!" Ren whined, overwhelmed by the affection that the couple showed.

"Yeah yeah ok. Now c'mon let's eat, I'm starving." Hikari said as she walked over to the table.

Once they were all at the table, Ren got a good whiff of Keiji's cooking and her mouth watered immediately.

"Wow, Keiji-san, your cooking smells amazing!" Ren said.

"Thanks, Ren-kun, I'm glad that you're able to stay for dinner."

"Yeah, now you can tell us all of Hika's embarrassing stories from school."

"Oh yes, I'm excited for that."

"Ooh I can't wait to tell you."

"You guysssss!!" Hikari complained, trying to save herself from embarrassment.

The three of them laughed at Hikari's reaction before saying their pre-meal prayers.

"Itadakimasu!" They said in unison before they dug in.

"Wow, Keiji-san! Your cooking is amazing!" Ren said.

"Thank you, Ren-kun. You should come around more often so you can have more of my cooking."

"Oh I'd love that! What do you think, Hika?" Ren exclaimed, turning to Hikari who was sitting beside her.

"U-uh. Yeah, sounds great."

Keiji noticed Hikari's awkwardness, just like before, and decided he would talk to her about it later on.

The four of them talked all throughout the meal, about Hika and Ren's school life, Koutarou's career, just casual things.

"Uwaah! Thank you for the delicious meal, Keiji-san!" Ren exclaimed. She looked at the time and realized that it was fairly late "Oh, I should probably be going now. Thank you for having me over, Keiji-san, Bokuto-san!"

"It's our pleasure, Ren-chan! We hope you come visit more often!" Koutarou smiled.

"I'd love to! That means I'd get to see Hika more" Ren said as she turned to her best friend.

Hika faced her friend and smiled "Yeah, that'd be cool."

"Anyways, see you tomorrow, Hika!"

"Bye, Ren. Don't forget about my game this weekend!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"Whatever you say."

Hika walked back into her house after seeing Ren off to the neighboring house.

She took a seat on the couch and noticed her Papa looking at her expectantly.

"Papa? Do you need something?" Hikari asked suspiciously.

"Well, I just wanted to ask you. How close are you with Ren-kun?"

"Well... uhhh... We've only been friends for maybe 2 or 3 years? But we're pretty close."

"Do you, by any chance, have anything to tell us about Ren-kun?" Keiji asked, bringing up his earlier suspicions.

"Um,no."

Silence from Keiji, him not believing what Hikari said.

"Ok fine, yeah there is."

Hikari took a deep breath.

"Papa, Dad, I think- no, I am bi."

Koutarou chuckled after a few moments "If you were scared, Hika, I honestly don't even understand why. I mean, you have two dads"

"What we're trying to say is, we fully support you Hikari."

Hika let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in until then.

"So, I'm guessing that you like Ren-kun?"

"Yeah..."

A silence filled the room before Koutarou spoke up.

"Well, I don't think we can help, cuz we don't know shit about girls-" Koutarou said, only to be whacked in the arm by his husband.

"Whaaat? She's 14, Keiji, I'm sure she's fine if I swear." Koutarou complained, Hikari nodding her head agreeing to her Dad.

"As I was saying, we may not know anything about that, but I know someone who does."

Koutarou took his phone out of his pocket and started texting someone.

"Hey, Hika, are you free after school tomorrow?" Koutarou asked as he looked away from his phone.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Perfect." Koutarou smiled as he continued to text this mysterious person.

"Why do you ask, Dad?"

"Seems kinda sad, but I only know one person who knows anything about liking girls so I asked him if he was free tomorrow."

"And he is..."

"Why don't you just wait for tomorrow?"

"But Dadddd!"

"I think I know who you're talking about." Keiji smirked.

"Please tell me, Papa!"

"Hmm, how about no."

"Papaaaa!"

The couple just laughed at their daughter and went on with the rest of their night.

The next day, Hika went through her day like normal, but as classes ended, she got a text from her Dad saying that someone's going to pick her up from school in a few minutes.

Hika was very confused, but waited anyways.

Soon enough, a car pulled up in front of Hikari.

The driver's window rolled down to reveal a familiar face.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping." Konoha Akinori said with a smirk.

"Uncle Aki!!" Hikari exclaimed.

"What's up, Hikari! Your dad asked me to help you with some stuff today, so here I am."

Hikari was about to open the passenger door when she heard someone shout.

"Hikaaaaa!" Ren shouted as she ran towards Akinori and Hikari.

"Hey, Ren. Need something?" Hikari asked as she turned to Ren.

"Nah, I just saw you and then the car showed up and you usually walk home, so I got curious and came here."

"Oh, this is my uncle, Konoha Akinori. Uncle Aki, this is my friend, Nakamura Ren." Hika said.

"Oooh! I remember that name! We saw your high school game on tv yesterday!" Ren said excitedly.

"Oh did you? Well I knew someday I'd make in on tv." Akinori smirked yet again.

"You were in high school, Uncle. Anyways, I gotta get going, Ren. See you at the game tomorrow?"

"Yup! See you tomorrow! I'll be your cheerleader as usual!" Ren smiled widely.

Hikari smiled as if in a daze as she turned back to Akinori.

"So that's 'Ren-chan'? Hm, good choice, Hika." Akinori said casually.

"Huh? I- you- What?" Hikari said, confused as to how her uncle knew about her liking Ren.

"Oh, your Dad filled me in on all the deets. That's why I'm here." Akinori chuckled. (why is deets such a funny word-)

"Ohhhh. OHHHHH." Hika exclaimed, realizing that Uncle Aki was most definitely the one who her Dad was texting the night before.

"Anyways, get in. I have lots of advice to give you."

Hika got in the car and started driving to a nearby mall.

When they got there, they walked around for a bit, Akinori giving Hika some tips every now and then on how to get Ren to like her more.

"Well first off, I think you should get her something. She's your biggest supporter in basketball, isn't she?" Akinori said as they walked to a store.

"Yeah. What would she want, though?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know? She's your best friend."

They entered a small necklace shop and looked around.

"Hmmm. I don't think she likes necklaces that much."

They exited and tried another store.

They tried a shoe store, but soon realized that Hika had no idea what Ren's size was.

"Maybe she'll want clothes? A hoodie maybe? Shiro really likes those." Akinori suggested, relating his ideas to things that his girlfriend, Yukie Shirofuku liked. (ehehe rare pair time? i dont personally ship them, but i thought they'd be cute in this oneshot)

"Maybe... Can you ask Yukie-san what kind of hoodies she'd prefer? I think they'd have similar tastes." Hika asked.

"Sure." Uncle Aki nodded as he pulled out his phone. It rang about two times before the other end picked up.

"Hello? Hey, Shiro."

"Sorry to bother you, but Hika needs some help."

"Mhm. Yeah. She's asking what kind of hoodies you'd wear."

"Ohh ok ok. Yeah, of course."

"K thanks. Love you too."

And with that, Akinori put his phone down.

"Shiro said that she likes oversized hoodies. Solid colors too. She usually prefers light blue hoodies, since that's her favorite color."

"Hmm, okay. Ren and I are about the same height, but she's a bit taller, so I'll look for something that's a bit bigger on me. Aghhh, Ren has like 3 favorite colors if I remember correctly."

"Then let's get searching."

Akinori and Hika's search started off as serious, but quickly progressed into them just finding the stupidest clothes they could find.

The funniest thing they found in the store was probably a vibrant, neon pink cowboy hat (the comment was too good so i had to change it) (if you want, comment what else you guys think they got ;)

After some goofing off, Hikari found the perfect hoodie.

"Uncle Aki! Look here! It's the perfect sizeeeee." Hika said as she called her uncle over.

"You sure she likes those colors?"

"I'm positiveeee. These are her three favorite colors I'm sure of it."

"Well in that case, let's get it."

"Yay!"

Hikari took the hoodie and purchased it at the register. She looked at the bag happily and smiled in anticipation for the next day.

"Thanks so much, Uncle Aki! I had a lot of fun today." Hikari smiled.

"Anytime, Hika. Shiro and I'll be there tomorrow to cheer you on!"

"I'm counting on it."

"Anyways, let's get you home."

Hikari was very satisfied with what she had bought at the store. She also spent some quality time with her favorite uncle (haha sorry uncle tetsurou)

The next day, Hikari woke up bright and early to get ready for her game. She finished slipping her jersey over her undershirt, picked up her basketball, and went to the kitchen.

Having woken up so early, her parents were still sleeping, so she cooked herself some eggs and put some bread in the toaster (when i have morning games i actually don't like eating breakfast ;-;)

Having picked up her Dad's eating habits, as soon as she put all her food on her plate, she immediately started shoveling her food into her mouth.

Her parents soon woke up and walked into the kitchen as well. Her Dad was shirtless, as usual, while her Papa had accidentally slept in his work clothes.

"Papa, you gotta take care of yourself better. You slept in your work clothes again." Hikari sighed.

"Ah, I didn't notice. Thanks for telling me, dear."

"Anyways, Hika, you excited for your game?"

"Hell yeahh."

"Konoha-san, Yukie-san, and Ren-kun are all gonna be there. Kuroo-san said he might watch too."

"Damn. That's a lot of pressure." Hikari laughed nervously.

"Don't worry, Hika! You'll do great! You're a Bokuto after all!" Koutarou exclaimed as he gently punched his daughter's shoulder.

"Thanks, Dad. Anyways, I'll be in the living room, just call me when you guys are ready." Hikari said, walking off to the couch.

She sat down and pulled out her phone from her duffel bag and saw a notification from Ren.

kylo ren
good luck for ur game hika!
i'll be cheering for u ヽ(*^ω^*)ノ

hikari areeeee
wow up this early alrd? haha

kylo ren
ofc!! gotta get up bright and early for my best friends game ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

hikari areeeee
thx ren
i'm scared ngl
i've heard the other team is rly good

kylo ren
dont beeeee
the other team may be good but they don't have the amazing point guard hikari bokutoooo!!

hikari areeeee
haha thx
you remember my position? lmao i thought you didn't know shit abt basketball

kylo ren
excuse you i watched a butt ton of basketball games on tv just to understand how it works
i wanted to be sure i was cheering for the right thing d(^_^o)

hikari areeeee
wow ok

kylo ren
anyways
you excited for haikyuu s4 pt 2?
COS I SURE AM

hikari areeeee
oh hell yeah
lmao we both know that you want suga to get more screen time bc you love him too much

kylo ren
but he is THE BEST
bruh we all know you simp for mattsun even tho he prob ain't in this season 💀

hikari areeeee
STFU YOU SUGA SIMP
BUT SERIOUSLY THOSE EYEBROWS
👏CAN 👏YOU 👏BLAME 👏ME

kylo ren
AHSHAHAHA BRO THEY LOOK LIKE FUCKIN CATERPILLARS LMFAOOO
🐛🐛

hikari areeeee
gAsP
YOU DID NOT JUST DISS MY MANZ LIKE THAT
OH HELL NAH FAM

kylo ren
oh hell yeah fam
i just dissed caterpillar brows 😼

hikari areeeee
SAYS THE ONE WHO SIMPS FOR THAT BEDHEAD NEKOMA GUY EVEN THO HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE KUROO SENSEI
ITS LIKE UR SIMPING FOR UR TEACHER 🤢🤢

kylo ren
EWWWW NOOO
...
but the thighssss

hikari areeeee
i meannn
i gotta agree
haikyuu boys do got dem ✨pretty eyes and pretty thighs✨

(this entire convo is acc kinda based off of multiple convos i've had with my friends hahaha oh how i love breaking walls and not making any sense 😌💅✨)

Hikari continued to laugh at her phone as she and Ren argued about those goddamn haikyuu boys.

Keiji and Koutarou walked into the living room and caught a glimpse of Hika's phone.

"So you're talking about haikyuu boys, are ya now?" The taller Bokuto said jokingly.

"Yes now shhhh, Ren's trying to win our argument on which of the Miya twins is better looking."

"Hmmm... I think I'd say Atsumu. The blonde hair and the undercut look good on him." Koutarou said.

"I'd actually say Osamu. That Atsumu looks like Sangwoo." Keiji shuddered. "He also likes onigiri, so he's cool."

"Hah! You know though, I always liked that one Fukurodani number 5 kid the best, he reminded me of you a lot."

"Really now? I always liked the Fukurodani 4 the best because he reminded me of you."

"Wow. Can't have this fictional high schooler stealing my husband." Koutarou said as he nuzzled Keiji's cheek and the smaller husband giggled.

Hikari looked away from her phone and saw her parents looking very content, and she smiled. She was grateful for such great parents.

"OH CRAP. We should really get going! I still need to warm up!" Hikari exclaimed, noticing the time.

"Calm down, Hika. Since walking will take longer, let's take the car instead. It's not a very long drive to your school anyways." Keiji said calmly.

"Ok then let's gooooo!" Hikari said impatiently as she practically pushed her parents out the door. Before leaving, she grabbed the paper bag she got the day before.

They all got in the car, Hika in the back, Keiji in shotgun, and Koutarou driving.

Koutarou started the car and pulled out of the driveway. The ride to Hikari's school was only about 10 minutes, so she'd be there in time.

Once they reached the school, Koutarou parked and Hikari immediately jumped out and started running towards the gym.

She made it just in time as her team started warming up. She placed her duffel bag beside the bench and started warming up alongside her team.

As she was stretching, she caught a glimpse of the sidelines. Her dads were already there, and beside them were Uncle Aki and Yukie-san. Koutarou was talking to Hika's Uncle Tetsu, and right in the front of the group-

"YAY HIKAAAAA!" Ren cheered.

Hika smiled back, waving a bit before going back to stretching. She wasn't sure if having an extremely loud but supportive friend was a good thing or a bad thing in this situation.

Soon after, both teams returned to their benches to discuss with the team.

Hikari was part of the starting five, waiting outside of the jump ball area, waiting for the whistle.

Once the whistle blew, the ball was tipped, and Hikari immediately ran after it.

Hika was able to get it, and she started bringing down the ball, she was their point guard after all.

Hikari and her team had been working hard for almost 5 years, and it clearly showed.

By the end of the first quarter, the score had an 8 point difference in favor of Hika's team.

Hikari sat on the bench, chugging down a bottle of gatorade, when Ren walked up to her.

"You're doing great, Hika! I still don't get how you're out of gas yet." Ren said in awe.

"Well, I cant be out of gas yet, we still have 3 more quarters to play." Hikari replied.

"Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that you're doing great! I'll be cheering for you!"

"Hah, like I haven't noticed." Hika snorted.

Ren playfully gasped, and laughed it off, walking back to the sidelines.

As they entered the second quarter, Hikari noticed that their lead started to shorten, up to the point where they were only 2 points ahead.

Hika was also starting to get tired, having played almost 20 minutes straight.

She was about to ask to be subbed out when she heard screams from the sidelines.

"C'mon, Hika! You can do it!" Ren cheered, soon followed by Akinori and Shirofuku, then her parents, and soon, Tetsurou joined in.

This gave Hikari a burst of energy, pushing herself to get through the second quarter. She could wait until half time to have a break, and she couldn't give in now.

With the sudden burst of energy and motivation, Hikari was able to influence her team as well, which lead them to play better, and soon their lead went up to 12.

The second quarter was soon over, Hikari almost falling onto the bench after exerting so much energy in a short amount of time.

She stood up after a few minutes of recovering, and walked over to her friends and family.

"Hey hey hey!! Hika, you did so well!" Koutarou pumped his fists in the air.

"You've gotten so far, Hika." Yukie Shirofuku smiled.

"Oyaaaa, my little niece is growing up so fast." Kuroo smirked.

"Uncle Tetsu, you see me almost everyday, you know I'm already 14." Hika rolled her eyes.

"KYAAAAA HIKAAAA! YOU'RE DOING SO WELL!" Ren jumped up and down enthusiastically.

"Thanks, Ren. I'd hug you, but I'm kinda drenched in sweat." Hikari laughed.

"Here, Hika, have a small snack, you're gonna need it, trust me." Keiji said, handing Hika a banana.

"Thanks, mom." Hika said jokingly, Koutarou and Tetsurou having to hold back their laughs.

"Excuse me, young lady, since when was I 'mom'?" Keiji asked.

"Since like, high school, Akaashi- I mean, Bokuto- I mean, Keiji." Tetsurou replied, still not used to calling Koutarou's husband Bokuto as well.

"Who ever called me mom?"

"Let's see, Shoyo, Kageyama-kun, Tsukki, probably like everyone in the volleyball club in high school, would you like me to go on?" Koutarou said, counting on his fingers.

"Ah, no thanks, dear. Konoha-san, Yukie-san, is this true?"

"Uhh, yeah. You acted more like a manager than the managers did." Yukie giggled.

Keiji, Koutarou, Shirofuku, Akinori, and Tetsurou all started arguing, and Hika decided it was best to get back on the court to get her energy going again.

"I'm gonna go back now, sorry to leave you with them." Hika apologized.

"It's fiiine. They're actually really nice." Ren shrugged.

Hikari walked back on the court to get prepared for the second half. Hopefully, they could maintain their lead.

The third quarter started, the other team with the first possession this time. Somehow, they seemed more powerful than usual.

They were so powerful to the point where Hika's team couldn't stop them once they were inside the paint for a while.

The other team was able to keep up, and even with Hikari's team's great shooting, they still managed to almost close the gap again.

By the fourth and final quarter, Hika was getting really tired. She had only been subbed out for maybe a minute before going back in the last quarter.

She jogged back on the court, noticing the scoreboard and how close the scores were.

The teams ran back and forth up and down the court, offense and defense at par with the other.

1 minute and 30 left in the game, the other team was finally able to make a comeback, tying it up and making a free throw.

A point ahead, it seemed that the other team had an advantage. At this rate, both teams would continue to score, but Hika's team might not be able to catch up.

A minute passes, and they still haven't closed the one point gap, in fact it went up to two points.

30 seconds left in the game, a fatigued Hika brought down the ball, slowly losing energy the more she dribbled.

She was so tired, all the sounds around her started to fade, but then an ear piercing cheer cut through the muddled sounds.

"HIKA! HIKA! HIKA!" people chanted.

Hikari didn't need to turn around to know who was cheering. She knew that it was her friends and family, encouraging her fight to the very last second.

Suddenly, Hika's focus sharpened, she saw that all of her other teammates heavily guarded, her teammate in the center being double teamed, meaning she was the only one open.

She dribbled the ball for a while at the top of the arc, waiting for the shot clock to wind down.

When the shot clock reached 5 seconds, she took a step forward and jumped from behind the arc.

Everyone held their breaths as the ball soared towards the hoop.

And... swish!!

Cheers erupted from the crowd as Hikari's three pointer broke the lead and gave them a lead of one point.

6 seconds left on the clock, Hikari and her team were determined not to let the other team past the half line, using half court press to prevent it.

The other team was guarded heavily as they attempted to cross the half court with the bare amount of seconds left.

The other team struggled greatly to the point where one of them passed it too high, giving Hika a chance to steal it, which she did and held on to it for the remaining time.

A buzz rang through the gym, and cheers erupted even louder than before.

(i'm sorry i'm incapable of making them lose 😞)

Hika jumped up and down in excitement and ran over to her team where they gathered in a group hug and cheered for each other.

They congratulated the other team, took a few photos, then went their own ways.

Hikari changed into a fresh set of clothes before walking to her friends and family, who were waiting for her with big smiles.

"HIKAAAAA!" Ren ran over and immediately embraced her.

"DUDE YOU DID SO GOOOOOOD!" Ren exclaimed as she pulled away.

"Hah, thanks, we just got lucky this time I guess." Hika said.

"LUCKY? LUCKY?! BRUH DID YOU NOT SEE YOUR TEAM? YOU GUYS DID SO WELL." Ren shook Hikari by the shoulders.

Soon, the adults gathered around as well, swarming Hikari with compliments.

"Hika, that three-pointer was amazing!"

"I'm so happy you guys won!"

"Mann that was a close one! You all did so well!"

Hikari felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Akinori holding the paper bag out for her.

"I think now is a good time to give it." He whispered.

She nodded and took the bag from her uncle.

Hika tapped Ren on the shoulder and Ren turned around immediately.

"Hey, Ren. Soo.. I'm really thankful for you being such a good friend and coming to all of my games and stuff, so I wanted to give you something." Hikari said, holding out the bag for Ren to take.

Ren took the bag in her hands and peeked at the contents. Immediately, her face stretched into an even bigger smile than before.

"Hika... I don't know what to say, it's-it's great! You even remembered my favorite colors!" Ren stared in awe as she brought the tri-colored hoodie out, revealing a vibrantly colored yellow, blue, and pink hoodie.

"Hah, well I'm glad you like it." Hikari shrugged.

"You know, Hikari, the reason why I like these three colors so much is because they represent me."

"How so?"

"Oh, I guess I haven't told you before. I'm pan." Ren said bluntly.

(gosh dang i'm addicted with these color coincidences lolol)

At that moment, so many emotions were going through Hika right now. She was shocked that her friend was pan and hadn't told her until then, she was relieved that she didn't have to worry too much about her sexuality anymore, she was happy and a bit hopeful that maybe things would work out with her crush on Ren.

"That's great! I guess this means I can tell you too. I'm bi." Hikari smiled.

Ren gasped before hugging Hika tightly "That's awesome Hika!"

Keiji and Koutarou watched from afar at the happiness between the two girls, and relieved that they were both so accepting of each other.

"Hey 'Ji?"

"Yes, Kou?"

"I'm glad Hika's happy."

"Me too, Koutarou, me too."

A/N
IM SO SORRY I DIDN'T PUBLISH THIS ANY SOONERRRR
i didn't expect it to take this long 😭
it's just that school has been kinda difficult lately and life hasn't been the best, but at least i still have this book!
i'll work on my next one right away, i promise!
totally unrelated, but do any of y'all watch kuroko no basuke? if so, ilysm 💕
so yeah, sorry for not updating when i said i would 😢
OH AND OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TSUMU AND SAMU
i'm planning to have a oneshot with them in it eventually, so watch out for that!
and what the fuck this thing is the longest oneshot i've ever written.
ANYWAYS I HAVE TO GET SOME SLEEP NOW OR SOMEONES GONNA KILL ME
love y'all! > v <

(5538 words)

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

1.3K 37 4
Three oneshots I submitted for sakuatsu fluff week that I decided to share on here too. Read the table of contents for the summary of each story.
352K 9.7K 24
collection of haikyuu x reader one-shots brought to you by min! open for requests! i only own the contents of this collection and the cover. haikyuu...
265K 6.4K 28
Just oneshots about you and your favourite volleyball boys (๏ฝฅฯ‰๏ฝฅ ) *Disclaimer: Haikyuu and all of its characters belong to Haruichi Furudate* ๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ…พ๏ธŽ๐Ÿ††...
79.6K 3.7K 19
(Just making some revisions, sorry everyone if this story moves around on my profile!) Akaashi has a dark secret. One that could end not just his re...