Stuck With You | Five Hargree...

By EnemiesToLoversTrope

What will happen when two 13-year-old kids who don't get along with each other get stuck in the apocalypse? ... More

A Very Needed Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1: Take Me Back
Chapter 2: Scavengers
Chapter 3: The Newspaper
Chapter 4: Back to Orphans
Update
Chapter 5: The Vortex
Chapter 6: Home
Chapter 7: Memorial Service
Chapter 8: Before The Academy
Chapter 9: Griddy's Doughnuts
Chapter 10: Late Nights
Chapter 11: The Eye
Chapter 12: The Meritech Act
Chapter 13: Dead End
Chapter 14: Confrontations
Chapter 15: Gimbel Brothers
Chapter 17: Mom
Chapter 18: Attack at the Academy
Chapter 19: Illegal Business
Chapter 20: Accepting Fate
Chapter 21: Passed Out
Chapter 22: Hangover
Chapter 23: Getting Recruited
Chapter 24: Klaus
Chapter 25: Old Habits
Chapter 26: The Briefcase
Chapter 27: The Commission (Part I)
Chapter 28: The Commission (Part II)
Chapter 29: The Commission (Part III)
Chapter 30: Taking Action
Chapter 31: Discovery
So... I'm back!
Chapter 32: Recovery
Chapter 33: Father's Death
Chapter 34: Finding Allison
Chapter 35: Getting Deceived
Chapter 36: Margaritas
Chapter 37: Vanya
Chapter 38: Ticking Bomb
So what's next?
BOOK 2

Chapter 16: Working Alone

6.6K 226 151
By EnemiesToLoversTrope

The very next morning Number Five woke up feeling an excruciating pain on his arm. The night before he didn't even take the time to inspect himself for any sort of wounds he was just too exhausted to deal with that.

The boy knew he had to leave soon and go back to Meritech to continue his plan on finding the owner of the eye. The man should eventually show up at any point before the apocalypse. He just hoped that he didn't take that long.

Five stood from his bed and headed to the bathroom to get a shower, that's when he noticed he had a wound near his shoulder. It looked as if a bullet had grazed upon his skin from the attack of the night before. To him, it was something extremely minor and he wasn't going to allow that to stop him.

Once he finished getting cleaned up he headed to his room to get dressed and in the process he also stitched up his wound. He knew that by doing this it would stop it from bleeding and help it scar faster. After he finished stitching himself up he grabbed a bandaid and placed it on top of his wound and finished getting dressed. Completely ready to head out.

The boy grabbed the duffle bag he had stolen from Gimbel's and picked it, knowing Delores was still inside. He headed up to his window and opened it as he climbed outside through the fire escape stairs. He really wasn't feeling using the regular exit. Mostly because he was trying to avoid Cassie.

"Damn it, where's Dad's stuff?" Klaus yelled as he dug through the trash. "Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!" He talked by himself. At least that's what Five assumed.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care." Five said as climbed down the ladder.

"Hey!" Klaus said as he noticed Five what he was up to. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?" Klaus pointed out to his sibling.

"This one involved the least amount of talking." Five said as he jumped down reaching the bottom. "Or so I thought." The boy said as he walked pass Klaus.

"Hey, hey, and Cassie?" Klaus asked as he held his flask out catching Five completely off guard.

"What?" The boy asked turning to look at Klaus as he raised an eyebrow.

"You already heard me. Where is Cassie? You too have been together since you arrived. Why she isn't here?" Klaus asked as he looked at Five curiously.

"She must be somewhere inside the academy. Honestly, I don't know nor do I care. She was delaying me." Five said defensively to Klaus not wanting to have this conversation.

"Oh, really? Seems to me like you do care. There is something about the way you look at her. You have feelings for her don't you?" Klaus said letting out a small laugh.

"What? Of course not, you idiot." Five defended himself from Klaus' standpoint. "Since we got back she is not tied to me anymore. She is free to do whatever she wants. I have more important things to do anyway" The boy said.

"Well, if what you say is true then I'll help her find a boyfriend! I'm sure she will enjoy that. Playing cupid is so much fun." Klaus said looking at Five as he took a sip of his flask.

"There are way more important things to worry about other than finding love." Five gritted through his teeth getting irritated by Klaus' comment.

"I see. You are jealous." Klaus teased him as he saw Five rolled his eyes at him as he began to walk away.

"I am not!" Five protested trying to get away from his delusional brother.

"Wait! You need any more company today? I could, uh... clear my schedule." Klaus said looking at Five.

"Looks like you've got your hands full." Five turning around the look at Klaus who was still inside the trash can holding his flask out.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just—" Klaus began to say but tripped over something and lost his balance. "I just misplaced something. That's all." He said as he pretended to look for something again. "Oh! Found it! Thank God!" Klaus said peaking his head out holding a donut that was inside the trashcan for who knows how long and took a bite of it. "Delicious."

Five looked at him disgusted and shook his head. "I'm done funding your drug habit." The boy said walking away.

"Come on! You don't— Maybe I just wanna hang out with my brother. Not you." Klaus said as he looked to his side. "¡Mi hermano! I love you! Even if you  can't love yourself!" Klaus said as he watched Five walked towards a plumbing van and drive away.

—————=+=—————

After a few minutes of driving Number Five found himself outside Meritech labs once again. He parked the van across the street having a good view of the building. Suddenly he spotted Lance walking inside the building, and for some reason, Five was already getting a negative vibe from that man. He just needed to figure out what it was.

The boy turned his body around the back of the van and reached out for his duffle bag. He opened the zipper and looked inside at Delores. He hadn't had time to talk to her yet and he figured right now would be a good time.

"Hey." Five sighed as he took out a bottle of alcohol from the bag. "Sorry you were in there for so long, Delores." He said as he took Delores out placing her on the copilot seat. "No, I'm not drunk. I'm working." He replied to the mannequin putting the bottle aside. "Yes, it's about the eye thing. This is the place it was made. Or... will be made. We just have to wait." Five said making a pause as he looked out the window. "I already told you Cassie isn't here. Why everyone keeps asking me about her?" Five suddenly snapped as he punched the steering wheel. "I really don't care anymore." Five said as he turned to look at Delores. "And, no. I am not lying to myself." The boy said sternly as he sat back and looked back to the building.

Five was starting to get tired of everyone asking him about the girl. He didn't understand why everyone got the same impression of them. They weren't even friends, to begin with, they just learned how to work with one another over time. There were a few moments where he started to wonder if his feeling towards Cassie were real, but he always shut them down. He had figured that in a world where they wouldn't have ended up stuck with each other they would have never developed feelings towards the other.

To him, it was the same concept as putting two fishes inside a bowl for their whole lives. Since they have no other options to mate with they just resort to one another so they don't go extinct. It was basic nature. This is why he was convinced his head was playing tricks on him the whole time. So he did the best to suppress those feelings not even bothering to figure out what they really meant.

—————=+=—————

The sun was beginning to set and Five had been sitting inside the van for hours just patiently waiting for something to happen. He watched the people walk by carelessly and all he could think about was how they all will be dead in the next 6 days if he didn't stop it.

The boy began to zone out completely as he held played with the prosthetic eyeball on his hands. Deep inside he felt lost but he was not going to give up. He had risked it all just to save his own family.

Suddenly Five looked around and his surroundings had changed completely in a matter of seconds. He was back in the apocalypse and he couldn't help but feel anxious about this. He opened the car door and stepped outside and looked around him beginning to panic. For a moment he felt like he couldn't separate reality from what he had lived in in the apocalypse. The only difference now was that he was completely alone.

"No." Five said panicking as he looked around noticing all the destruction and rubble surrounding him. It felt as if all was happening once again.

"Five!" He heard Luther's voice inside his head but he couldn't see him anymore. "Five!" He repeated again as the boy turned around scared of what was happening to him. "Hey, Five." He heard once more followed by some knockings.

"No!" The boy screamed inside his head hearing Luther call for him once more and he snapped out of it.

Both Five and Cassie had been suffering from extreme PTSD lately due to what happened in the apocalypse.  This wasn't the first time the boy had experienced it but every time he did it felt so real and it really freaked him out.

The boy turned to look at Luther with a scared look on his face as he tried getting inside the car. "What are you..." Luther muttered as he struggled to fit in the copilot seat. "Oh my god." Luther panted as he managed to sit down and closed the door next to him. "You okay?" Luther asked getting concerned about Five.

"You shouldn't be..." Five said looking at his gigantic brother reformulating his sentence. "How did you find me?" The boy questioned Luther.

"Um..." Luther said and turned around to the back of the van and Five did the same.

"Hey, baby," Klaus whispered to Delores as he held her close at the back of the van. "Hey, a little privacy, guys. We're really hitting it off back here." Klaus said as he noticed both Five and Luther's eyes on him.

Five looked at him and quickly grabbed the closest thing he could find and threw it at Klaus as he screamed. "Get out! You can't be here!" Five said angrily to Klaus but also meant it for Luther. "I'm in the middle of something." The boy said taking a deep breath.

"Any luck finding your one-eyed man?" Klaus asked as he peaked his head from the back of the van.

"No." Five whispered.

"What's he talkin' about?" Luther asked looking at Five and Klaus confused. He was completely out of the loop.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus." Five replied to Luther and sighed not wanting to answer more questions. "What do you want, Luther?"  He asked as he looked at Number One.

"Um..." Luther said trying to word his thoughts. "So, Grace may have had something to do with dad's death. So I need you to come back to the academy, all right? It's important." Luther said seriously to Five.

"It's important." Five repeated to himself Luther's words knowing it really wasn't any of his business. "You have no concept of what's important." Five said getting pissed off at Luther for caring about something so stupid.

"Hey! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Klaus said out of the blue and laughed to himself. "It was so painful."

Both Luther and Five looked at each other and shook their heads disgustedly not believing what their ears were hearing. Why was Klaus like that?

"What are you still doing here?" Luther turned around and asked Klaus.

"Ay, ay, ay. What? I— I need an excuse to hang out with my family?" Klaus said beginning to get offended.

"We're trying to have a serious conversation," Luther explained to Klaus.

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?" Klaus said but got interrupted by Five.

"Luther's got a point, you should get out." Five said and looked at Klaus who looked back at him in shock.

"What?" Klaus said feeling betrayed by his siblings but did as they told him so and exited the van. "Fine!" He yelled at them closing the door behind him and walked away.

"What the hell are you up to?" Luther asked breaking the silence between him and Five.

"Believe me. You wouldn't understand." Five replied simply not feeling like telling Luther about his plan. He knew that as Number One he would try to take on the rails and ruin everything more.

"Try me. Last I checked, I'm still the leader of this family." Luther said trying to make himself comfortable.

"Well, last time I checked, I'm 28 years older than you." Five said back to Luther making a good point.

"You know what your problem is?" Luther began to say as he looked at Five.

"Really hoping you'll tell me." Five replied sarcastically. He didn't have time for this.

"You think you're better than us," Luther stated to the boy sitting next to him. "You always have. Even when we were kids." Luther kept talking and Five let out a sigh as he was beginning to get irritated. "But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have. And you know it." Luther spoke his thoughts as Five just glared at him.

"I don't think that I'm better than you, Number One. I know I am." Five replied to Luther menacingly. "I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend." Five said angrily as he looked away.

"Right. That's why you got Cassie stuck with you for what... 45 years?" Luther said as he looked at Five hitting a nerve on him.

"That has nothing to do with this." Five said furiously at Luther.

"Yeah, whatever you say. Talking about Cassie... Why is she not with you?" Luther asked his brother genuinely curious about the whereabouts of the last Umbrella Academy member.

"I swear if u hear that question one more time."Number Five groaned and look at Luther. "I don't know! She must be at the academy but seems like none of you care enough to look for her." Five said rolling his eyes.

"I just assumed she would be with you. She has been with you for the past few days." Luther said not understanding why Five suddenly got so angry when he brought Cassie into the conversation.

"Well, you assumed wrong bug boy." Five said to Luther. "I just came back here by myself to save you all." The boy said quietly and stayed quiet.

Suddenly a wild Klaus ran in front of them holding some snacks from a store nearby. Some policemen following after him trying to catch him.

"Hey, bitches!" Klaus yelled trying to get the attention of both Luther and Five. He just kept running through the streets almost getting hit by a car.

"Now I'm starting to wonder if that was the wisest decision." Five said as he watched Klaus.

Five was really was doing all of this for his family and none of them really understood that. They thought Number Five was just wasting his time acting all crazy, and that time travel had affected his head.

"So, are you coming?" Luther asked Five hoping he would come along and leave behind whatever he is doing.

"Absolutely not." Five replied coldly.

He really wasn't planning to move from this spot till he found any leads on the owner. No matter what any of his siblings told him. He just had other priorities for now.

————————

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for 2k read and a little over 100 votes. It makes me happy to know some of you are really enjoying the story. I hope you all are having a wonderful day/night! 💕

Update: Wattpad is being weird and it's not counting reads anymore (idk why) so to all of you who are actually voting for this chapter thanks a lot 🥺. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.9K 1.8K 18
❝ 𝐐𝐮é 𝐬𝐞𝐫á, 𝐬𝐞𝐫á.❞ ೃ⁀➷ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑 ꜰ. ʜᴀʀɢʀᴇᴇᴠᴇꜱ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ [Editing] 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑...
3K 112 26
Sequel to a family is forever IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. After stopping the apocalypse, Ellie, Five, their kids and the...
3.9K 113 16
Y/N Hargreeves is constantly mistreated and bullied by their family, one day they finally get an out. While in the Sparrow Academy after another fail...
1.3M 36.3K 35
"hey, that's one badass stapler." ✔️ number five fanfiction umbrella academy season one [lowercase intended] cover by @ssolarsystems