Changing Of Course [โœ”]

By melodious_softy

| under major editing | โEverything is within the limits of time, but time moves under the direction of the L... More

Changing Of Course
Character Aesthetics
1. To experience
2. Letter from Madhav
3. Predictions
4. Krishna enlightens
5. Arriving at Hastinapur
6. The dream prince
7. Family discussion
8. Kunti's Dilemma
9. First interaction
10. Vidur's reasoning
11. Keeping sister's secret
12. Reciting descriptions
13. The conspiracy
14. Suchitra wondering
15. Swans
16. Unknown yet known
17. Advising friend
18. Inviting able suitors
19. Draupadi's choice
20. Suryaputra Karna
21. Bound by fate
22. Intimate conversations
23. All back again
24. Strange circumstances
25. A daughter's dilemma
26. Invitation
28. The proposal
29. Reconciliation
Very important note

27. Madirakshi's swayamvar

2.3K 161 83
By melodious_softy

| Edited |
_________________________________________

Suchitra, with the assistance of the handmaids, adorned Madirakshi for the most significant event of her life— her swayamvar.

Amidst their preparations, thoughts of Arjun and Karna, the two men who had captured their hearts, lingered in their minds.

Madirakshi fervently prayed for Karna's presence and her swayamvar to end smoothly. Suchitra was aware that invitations had been sent to Indraprasth for Arjun as well. Madirakshi referred to Yudhishthir and Bheem as brothers, while the twins were younger than her.

Arjun, to whom Suchitra lost her heart. She knew he would definitely come to the swayamvar, upholding the duty that of a prince. She understood his dilemmas well and had no complains.

She had full faith that he liked her, as much as she did, while her sister harbored affection for Karna. Madirakshi always seen Arjun as friend, never as groom.

Suchitra noticed Madirakshi sighing, and spoke up with an assuring smile. "Everything will be fine, Didi. Madhav and Dau are here too. Nothing could wrong in their presence."

Madirakshi passed a small relived smile at her conforming words. She was about to speak when Krishna, who just entered the chamber, spoke, "Indeed."

"Madhav," Madirakshi rose, adjusting her veil.

"You look extremely pretty," Krishna complimented, Madirakshi reciprocated with shy smile.

"Someone important is here to meet you, Sakhi." He said out of nowhere.

The sisters looked at each other, as they asked in union, "Who?"

Krishna smiled mysteriously as a handmaid arrived, informing them that their parents were summoning them to the palace's Shiva Temple.

"Let's proceed there," Krishna said, leading the way.

"Stay blessed," Madirakshi's parents blessed her as she sought their blessings.

"You look exceptionally beautiful," Sulochana smiled warmly at Madirakshi.

"Look, dear, who has graced us with his presence," Madirakshi's father said as she looked up to see Bhagwaan Parshuram standing before them.

Krishna and Balram, who stood behind the princesses of Mayurvan, greeted Shri Parshuram with respectful gestures. He acknowledged them with a nod and a smile.

"Pranam," Madirakshi greeted with a bowed head.

"Saubhagyavati Bhava!" Parshuram blessed her. He was among those who had cursed Karna, and now he was blessing Madirakshi, serving as a conduit for the reversal of those curses.

Jaydev and Sulochana were happy but puzzled by Parshuram's blessing before the marriage. Nonetheless, they chose to let it pass.

Madirakshi couldn't contain her smile; she felt an overwhelming sense of bliss. Suchitra, her sister, shared in her delight.

"Today, you will take another step forward toward your destiny. Another step toward altering fate," Parshuram prophesied.

"How so, Prabhu?" Madirakshi asked, her confusion evident.

"You will come to understand in due time," he replied with a smile, echoing the words once said by Krishna. Madirakshi nodded in acceptance.

"I believe it's time to proceed to the arena for the swayamvar," Krishna suggested, breaking the moment.

All the suitors took their seats. The arena was surrounded by powerful kings and princes of Aryavart. Karna sat alongside Ashwathama, Duryodhan and Dushasan. Opposite to them sat the Pandavas.

"Best of luck, dear friend," Ashwathama whispered to Karna, who responded with a small smile, extremely conflicted.

Meanwhile, the Pandavas conversed amongst themselves.

"What if Madirakshi choose you, Arjun?" Bheem speculated.

"I'm uncertain, brother," Arjun replied, his heart already belonging to Suchitra.

"Let's wait and see," Yudhishthir suggested calmly.

Nakul placed a comforting hand on Arjun's shoulder, aware of his elder brother's secret.

"Look, the swayamvar is about to begin!" Sahadev exclaimed, drawing his brothers' attention.

"Welcome, to all the suitors! I extend my gratitude to all the kings and princes who have accepted the invitation to my daughter, Madirakshi's swayamvar. Before we proceed, I would like to welcome our honored guests, Vasudev Krishna and Shri Balram!" announced King Jaydev.

Krishna and Balram entered, exchanging greetings with Arjun and Karna, Bheem and Duryodhan, respectively, on their way.

"Now, I present my daughter, the princess of Mayurvan, Madirakshi," declared the king.

Madirakshi entered, accompanied by her sister and mother, decked up so beautifully, that it captivated all the men present over there. The suitors were unable to tear their gazes away. They were mesmerized by the breathtaking, exquisite beauty of the princess.

Her silvery complexion was resembling the shimmering silver and radiant glow of moonlight. Her face possessed a captivating blend of the sun's warmth and the moon's serenity, leaving all the suitors spellbound by the allure of Chandra Dev's daughter.

Karna, too, found himself unable to resist stealing glances at Madirakshi, who appeared truly ethereal. However, amidst his admiration, he pondered whether she was destined to be his.

"How stunning Princess Madirakshi looks!" remarked Dushasan, making Karna uneasy.

"What if she becomes your sister-in-law? Relax, Dushasan." Ashwathama scolded.

Suppressing their laughter, Karna and Duryodhan exchanged glances while Dushasan remained silent.

Madirakshi paid respect to her father, as well as to Krishna and Balram, before being handed a garland.

"Listen, O kings and princes gathered here," proclaimed King Jaydev in a commanding voice. "This swayamvar is not a test of valor or skill, but just the honest desire of the princess to garland a young man whom she wishes to marry. Let it be known that the princess's decision shall be final and undisputed!"

Turning to Madirakshi, the king bestowed his blessings upon her and urged her to proceed.

Clasping the garland in her hands, Madirakshi felt anxious as hundreds of eyes fell upon her, observing her slightest movement and wondering, who will she chose.

She sought reassurance from Krishna, who nodded with a comforting smile, instantly calming her nerves.

To her left sat the Pandavas, and to her right, Karna, alongside Ashwathama, Duryodhan, and Dushasan.

Mindful to not offend any of the suitors, Madirakshi decided against approaching Karna directly. Instead, she resolved to respect every suitor present.

With determination, she began her procession.

The first suitor she approached was Rukmi, the crown prince of Vidarbha. After a brief pause, she moved on.

After several other suitors, she encountered Shishupal of Chedi, followed by Magadh Samrat Jarasandh.

Then came the turn of the Pandavas. Madirakshi glanced at Arjun, who respectfully acknowledged her before she continued on her path, while Karna remained tense, avoiding eye contact.

Walking along the row, Madirakshi made her way past each suitor, until she reached Dushasan, whom she regarded with disinterest, and then Duryodhan, followed by Karna and Ashwathama.

Stepping forward from Duryodhan, she stood before Karna, her gaze fixed upon him, eliciting murmurs and gasps from the assembly.

Karna, to be honest was surprised, but nevertheless slowly rose, not leaving her gaze. Krishna and Balram smiled giving each other a glance.

Observing Karna, Madirakshi noted his raven-black hair, golden-tinted skin, radiant aura akin to molten gold, eyes reflecting the hues of sunrise, broad shoulders, and a magnificent physic.

She had always loved him, but in this moment, she realized the depth of his handsomeness.

Glancing at the garland and then back at Karna, her gesture conveyed her desire. He bend his head down for her and with a blush adorning her cheeks, she garlanded him, marking him finally as hers.

At last, he belonged to her.

_________________________________________

Hello there!

Here's the new chapter.

I'm trying my best to complete editing soon, so that I can publish new, fresh chapters (Section 2).

Please comment your delightful thoughts, and hit the star button to vote.

Keep supporting me, and...
Stay tuned! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 1K 28
What if karna knows that he is the son of god surya?? What if a girl from kalyug time travels to dwapar yug?? What if she has a secret legacy there...
66.4K 2.3K 28
ยฐโ˜†ยฐโ€ขโ™กโ€ข COMPLETED โ€ขโ™กโ€ขยฐโ˜†ยฐ A girl suffering in kaliyug dies and is reborn as Draupadi's sister in Dwaparyug to change some of the events to try and serv...
1.6K 90 10
Time traveling has always been a fascination for everyone. Although scientists are trying to figure out if time traveling is possible or not, yet not...
52.8K 2.4K 14
There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them - Devakinandana Vฤsudeva Krishn...