Salute {Leah Clearwater}โด

Autorstwa radiantmoonx

โ True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes. โž ... Wiฤ™cej

โ–ฌ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž.
โ–ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ.
โ–ฌ ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก + ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ.
prologue.
one - welcome home
two - new friends
three - rachel
four - giant dogs
five - colorado
six - brown eyes
seven - imprint
eight - josiah lahote and leah clearwater
nine - meeting pim
ten - wolf out of the bag
eleven - danger
twelve - the cullens
thirteen - the plan
fourteen - don't bring guns to a vampire fight!
fifteen - afterwards
sixteen - the tragedy
seventeen - letting go
eighteen - don't leave me
twenty - training
twenty one - missing piece
twenty two - part of the job
twenty three - brothers
twenty four - birthday call
twenty five - mission gone wrong
twenty six - getting through it
twenty seven - can't leave you behind
twenty eight - waiting is not easy
twenty nine - worrisome
thirty - coming back...
thirty one - the world comes crashing down
thirty two - the five stages
thirty three - leaving again?
thirty four - unexpected surprise
thirty five - that day
thirty six - difficult decision making
thirty seven - prisoners of war
thirty eight - fighting through it
thirty nine - earning justice
forty - i was never gone
epilogue.
*the big question
*special day
*growing family

nineteen - farewell

4.7K 178 13
Autorstwa radiantmoonx

chapter xix.

❝Take care of each other, both of you. And come back to us!❞

la push, washington
june 24, 2007 - june 25, 2007

BREAKFAST WITH the pack was always one to look forward to for both Liam and Josiah; it was humorous to watch them devour the food like a literal pack of wolves. Every time the two soldiers found themselves struggling making it to the table and getting their, amazing, food made by Emily.

It was the day before Josiah and Liam were to depart and leave to go back to Afghanistan. No one was really looking forward to it. And tonight the pack would be throwing a farewell party for both soldiers.

"I'm going to miss you guys." The laughing stopped and everyone turned serious.

"Way to ruin the mood Seth."

"Seriously Seth."

"Come on!"

Not wanting a fight to break out between the boys Liam spoke up, "Guys stop. It had to come up eventually," the pack stopped glaring at Seth, "You can't just tread lightly and avoid the idea that Jay and I will be leaving tomorrow."

"But," Josiah started before the atmosphere in the room turned any more depressing, "We will make sure to call and skype every week to see how everyone is doing; we'll be back before you guys know it, okay?"

Josiah felt Leah's warm hand give his hand a small squeeze making him look over at her and send her a smile. Everyone went back to finishing their breakfast and joking around. After the food was all gone from the table, Sam and Emily decided to clean up which allowed the rest of the pack to head out to the beach. His brother and Liam followed the rest of the pack while he and Leah walked in the other direction, wanting to spend alone time together.

Deciding to walk around La Push to waste time until the bonfire, Josiah wrapped his arm around Leah's shoulder's and made their way out of Sam's house. Light conversation was held between the imprints as they continued to walk around the damp forest, due to having rain the night before.

"How long did you say you were going to be gone for?" Leah whispered, tightening her hold around his waist.

Josiah pulled Leah closer to his side, "Only nine months."

"Nine months..." Leah muttered under her breath.

"Hey," Josiah stopped walking and grabbed Leah's face, "the nine months will go in a blink of an eye. I'll be home before you know it."

Leah forced a smile on her face, "Of course," she pulled away from his hold and went back to walking along the forest, "We should head back to Sam and Emily's to prepare for the bonfire."

"Alright, let's go."

With a drink in his hand and Leah sitting on his lap, Josiah Lahote could say that he was having a great time. The whole pack, along with their imprints, were in a similar position like Josiah; on the other side of the bonfire, Liam seemed to be having a conversation with the elders of the tribe. Overall, everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The night progressed with the pack members, along with Liam, messing around, and Leah and Josiah being in their own little world. After the small farewell bonfire everyone seemed satisfied with how the night ended and went home with a sense of glee at having the whole tribe, pack, and families in one place to say goodbye to the two soldiers; Liam and Josiah couldn't help but feel cheerful.

Paul, Liam, and Josiah walked back to the Lahote household. Once outside the house, Paul stopped in his tracks, making the two soldiers look back at him in confusion.

"What is it Paul?" Josiah asked, stepping back down the small steps of the porch.

Paul nervously played with his hands, "Can I... c-can I talk to Jay for a minute Liam?" Liam nodded and went inside the house.

Josiah walked over to his brother and sat down at the end of the porch, Paul following. The two brother's remained silent, with Josiah patiently waiting for Paul to express what was bothering him and Paul trying to figure out how to say what was on his mind.

Paul exhaled sharply, catching Josiah's attention, "I don't want you to go..."

The eldest Lahote was surprised to say the least. In the past couple of days his brother never expressed his desire for him to stay; Josiah just assumed that Paul was okay with him leaving.

Just like he was reading his mind, Paul continued, "I didn't want to say anything because I knew you would just say that you had to leave... but... I really don't want you to leave again."

Josiah could only listen to his little brother as he expressed his feelings about him leaving tomorrow. Seconds went by without Josiah saying anything until he wrapped an arm around Paul's shoulder and pulled him into a side hug.

"I would never blow your feelings over, I'm not a jerk. You should have told me how you truly felt about me leaving again," Josiah gave Paul's shoulder a comforting squeeze, "You're my little brother and I care about how you feel. Don't hesitate to ever come to me and tell me what you're feeling, okay?"

Paul nodded, trying to force a smile on his face but failing.

"Come on, I want to give you something." Josiah stood up and pulled his brother up as well, walking inside the small house.

The brothers walked towards their shared room, walking past a passed out Liam on the couch. Once inside their room, Josiah walked to his packed duffle bag and pulled out the picture of Liam, Nate, and him.

"Here," the soldier handed the folded picture to Paul, "Take care of this picture for me until I get back."

Paul grabbed the picture and looked it over, "Is this Nate?"

Josiah smiled sadly, "Yeah." Paul smiled back, placing the picture on his small night table.

"I'll keep it safe until you get back."

***

Morning arrived faster than anyone would like. Liam and Josiah were all dressed and ready to head to the airport.

"You got everything?" Liam asked, zipping up his backpack.

Josiah looked around in his backpack to make sure he had everything before answering, "Yeah."

With everything packed in their duffel bags and backpacks, the soldiers headed outside where the pack was standing.

"You didn't expect we would let you guys leave without saying goodbye, did you?" Chuckling Liam and Josiah placed their stuff inside Josiah's Jeep before being pulled into hugs by the pack.

Walking over to his mother, Josiah wrapped his arms around her, "Bye mama, I'll be back soon."

Mary wrapped her arms tighter around her son as tears streamed down her face, "You be safe, okay?" Pulling away, Josiah smiled down to his mother and kissed her forehead.

The soldier said his goodbye's to to Emily before making his way towards Leah, who was standing next to his Jeep. Not wasting any time, Leah wrapped her arms around Josiah's neck and brought him into a tight hug. Josiah followed by wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her off the ground, tightening his hold.

"I love you," Leah whispered against his ear, making the young soldier freeze. He placed the Clearwater girl down, opened his mouth but not words were said.

"Jay! We have to go or we will miss our flight."

Not wanting to leave without kissing the girl in front of him, Josiah caressed her face gently before pulling her in for a soft but passionate kiss ― putting all his care in the kiss. After pulling away, Josiah reached to the back of his neck before pulling a silver cross necklace.

"Take this," Josiah placed the necklace against Leah's soft palm and closed her hand around the cross, "This is my promise to you that I will fight to get back to you."

Leah tried to protest and give the necklace back to him but Josiah refused, giving her one last kiss before pulling away and getting inside the Jeep.

"Take care of each other, both of you. And come back to us!"

The pack waved to the Jeep as it pulled away from the dirt driveway. But Leah Clearwater could only stand back and watch with tearful eyes as the Jeep got further away, the cross necklace held tightly against her palm.

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

110K 1.8K 35
Mi-Na never thought she would ever find her soulmate but when she does, she discovers that he is her mirrored image, minus a few details here and the...
28.1K 558 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ฒ๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ" ... ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช...
24.3K 577 25
Right before I close my eyes The only thing that's on my mind Been dreaming that you feel it too I wonder what it's like to be loved by you Started:...
130K 3.1K 23
"Because I love you Sam." He raised his eyebrows at me questioningly. "Not like that you dingus. I love you like you're my best friend, and the onl...