The Fire Unleashed ✔

By AnshaBhatia

*CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE* Tiger King, owner of King Hotels & Co., the largest chain of hotels all over th... More

2. Risks
3. Familia
4. Fatal
5. Wounds
6. Arch Nemesis
7. The D-Day Arrives
8. Off We Go
9. The Penultimate Showdown
10. Bitter & Twisted
11. All Falls Down Part 2
12. Chance
13. The Last Flicker
14. Vain
15. Incubus
16. Egregious
17. Harsh Reality
18. Wretchedness
19. Invigorated
20. Monotony Is Exciting
21. Sofia Gold
22. A Gauche Dinner
23. Luca's Histrionics
24. Prerogatives
25. The Moshchnost Gang
26. Wounded
27. Red
28. Regret
29. Drained
30. First Date
31. Informative
32. Scepticism
33. The Truth
34. Trapped
35. The Final Showdown
36. Death
37. Resurrection
38. Reunion

1. Memories

102 11 51
By AnshaBhatia

I looked at my Rolex limited edition wristwatch - it showed me the time as 10:02 am. Two minutes, I was late by two minutes because of that idiota - I'm going to kill him someday. As soon as I entered the conference room, everyone stood up in respect for their CEO. No matter how tired or spent I was, at any time of the day, my inferiors bowing down to me in the hallways or standing up to acknowledge my presence was always a good boost to my confidence and then, my mood would be automatically lifted up.

The man who has been dying to do business with me since the past three years was back this year too - Mr. Gomez. Why doesn't he understand that I will never like his taste? Why doesn't he get that he can never switch over to match my exquisite and royal taste in flooring? In fact, in anything? He had really mediocre designs but still managed to build up courage to stand inside King Hotels & Co., the leading hotel chain in the world. He indeed is intrepid - the only thing I like about him.

"I'm a little late today. The meeting should have started by now."

I said as I sat down at the head of the huge table while Mr. Gomez was standing opposite me beside the screen with a PowerPoint presentation already loaded on it.

"Oh no, Mr. King. It was just a few minutes, its completely fine."

He said with an unctuous smile on his face. It made me even more angry.

"Two minutes."

I ground out.

"Huh?" He asked, bemused.

"I am late by two minutes, not a few minutes and I intend to use every single minute of my life for a constructive purpose. So, for me, wasting those two minutes is a big deal."

My voice raised subconsciously and I saw him cowering behind the screen in fear.

"Y-yes s-sir. I-I'm so s-sorry."

"Nevermind. Start with your deal right away. And keep it short and simple. If I like the design and the price, you're in, otherwise, you will be removed from the supplier's list forever. I don't want to remember useless people and waste my time."

He stuttered again,

"R-right sir. So, this time, I wanted to bring to you my newest designs that have been......"

There he goes again - wasting my time over how he made those designs. He is supposed to tell me that information only when I ask, but for some reason he thinks including this bullshit is going to impress me.

I cut in, not being able to have anymore patience and said,

"Designs, Mr. Gomez. Cut straight to the designs."

As I finally saw the designs, it felt like his team had actually worked hard after all these years. The designs were simple and apt for my new theme. They also appealed to me and so, that was the last point by which they were chosen.

"Okay, stop right there. I think you have finally done what I had been asking from you all this time,"

I said curtly which earned me a huge grin from the greasy idioti.

"T-thank you. Thank you so much sir!"

He said, clasping his hands together and blowing down.

"But," I continued, raising a finger up to stop his rambling.

"Its still not on the level I want it to be, so consult with my team about this. They will tell you what materials you have to use and all the other necessary changes so it won't be difficult for you. You will also get the deadline so don't celebrate today - just start working right away. Understood?"

"Yes, sir. Again, thank you so much. I will definitely not disappoint you this time!!"

He said, his head bowed down.

"Hmm..." I gave him a distracted response and exited the room.

There were many things that I had to do but this other dickhead had not reached my office yet. I opened the door to my personal office, which was the largest room in this building. The walls of this room were painted a dark brown giving it a feel of wood covering while the ceiling was pristine white with small led lights all over. The antique paintings and vintage design of the office gave it a rustic look which I loved. My table made of solid chestnut coloured wood was placed at the very end of the room and there were black couches that occupied the empty space in the middle. The office also had three large windows which allowed a lot of natural light inside. All in all, it was the most comfortable place for me.

I called him as soon as I took a seat in my chair.

"Hey babyyy..."

Came his obnoxious voice from the other side of the line which made me even more impatient.

"Cut this bullshit Luca. You came to my house completely wasted which is not okay but it was still better than being late to work today. Just what the fuck are you doing over there?"

I bellowed over the phone, not caring if the others outside can hear me because I had soundproof walls in my office.

"Oh come on man. Why do you think so lowly of me? Do you really think these stupid girls can make me forget my job? I know what you are so anxious about... and-"

"Then come over! NOW!!"

I shouted again, the last straw of my patience threatening to break.

"I've already left the house, so now, until I reach there, take deep breaths and then think of all the reasons why your mamma wants you to take anger management classes."

"LUCA!!!"

"I'll be there. Bye babe."

And then, he cut the call.

I don't even know why he is my friend, or how is he so distinct from me if he is my friend. Always so playful, always so patient. It's not like he did not have a hard life in the past or that he doesn't have any goals for the future, but how can he be so fucking calm and serene like a saint all the time? Its like he has no pain, no worries, no goals in life while here I am, working my ass off for hours every single day and I still get that feeling of being dissatisfied. My hands are still shaking and itching restlessly to do something as if any amount of work I do is not enough. I do not have a crystal clear idea of how can this problem be solved, but I know for sure, the one thing that will bring me a lot of serenity - his death.

The man was out there completely free and having the time of his life whereas I am still suffering everyday. The memories of the past do not let me be free. They make me fall to the ground in helplessness and defeat every single day and then everyday, I need to bring myself up forcefully. It's a battle in my life everyday and I can't seem to catch that one person who can end it all. The day I do, I will torture myself in any way just to see a small trace of pain in his eyes; I will wipe off all of my joy just to see the shadow of melancholy on his face; I will gladly put my life on the line just to see him lifeless.

~~~

I ran into the office as soon as I walked out of the elevator, my mamma calling my name to stop me. I didn't want to stop because I hadn't seen dad since so long and I was excited. I burst open in his gigantic office, everything looking so huge as compared to my small body of a seven years old boy.

The office was painted in a dark brown color but I had no idea at that time so I asked my dad,

"Dad, why did you cover the walls with wood? Is it allowed?"

At this, both dad and my mamma laughed and dad made me sit on his lap,

"No my son. They are painted in brown colour, this is not wood. They are painted in a way to make it look like it's made of wood."

"Wow dad. This design is wonderful! It looks so good!"

I said, gazing around the newly-made room in awe.

"Do you like it that much?"

He asked me.

"Yes, I love it dad!"

"Okay then, this will be the newest designs of offices in King hotels. I have to include everything my son likes so that when he grows up to own an office of his own, he can be proud of his small achievements he has already made all over these years. After all, all of this will be yours one day."

Dad told me with a smile.

"R-really dad? All this, this room, this building, everything will be mine?"

I asked him again, not being able to believe my ears.

"Yes dear, all of this belongs to you. You just need to be a good boy and always listen to mamma when I'm not there, okay?"

"Of course dad. I'm a very good boy! Mamma, tell him I'm a good boy."

I whined for more praise.

"Yes my Alesso, you are indeed a good boy."

Mom said, smiling and shaking her head at my antics.

"He is already so dominant, just like you George. I wonder what he will be like once he's your age."

She said laughing at me and my dad.

"Oh Sabrina, don't mock at me like that. I'm not that dominant, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, sure. I'll believe you."

She said, not believing him but still laughing.

Those were the rare moments, where I saw her laughing so carelessly. She was glowing, her eyes twinkled even in the day making me wonder if it was really daylight or the sun had already set.

"Now let's go home George. You have just arrived from the airport and came here. We do have a home, you know?"

Mamma ordered dad, who was looking at her like he was incomplete without her and just blindly agreed without even listening.

"Hmm..."

"What hmm... you didn't listen to me, did you?"

"I did, dear. Let's go home, my Tiger. We'll have a perfect family dinner."

"Yay!!"

I just wished like a fool in that moment, that this perfect dinner could last for a lifetime in my life, unbeknown to the fact that what I just wished for, was as futile as a flower without fragrance....

~~~

"Hello, are you here? Or did you transport to a different dimension?"

Came the annoying voice of my only best friend who seemed to be standing right beside me.

--------------------------------------------

So, the first chapter of The Fire Unleashed is out!!!

I'm so excited to show you guys the perspective of the male protagonist, so please tell me how you feel about his personality in the comments. Also, please leave a vote if you can, it doesn't take a lot of time:)

(Note : If you don't understand the format in this one, the paragraphs written in italics are his memories, something that happened in the past, it's not happening right now. So please don't get confused.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 24.2K 73
"You should be careful, love. If I can find out about you, so can they." "I'm sorry, but I don't take advices from c*** s****." "Why don't you come s...
75.6K 1.1K 46
{Dark: Enemies to Lovers romance.} "I would get her eyes tattooed inside my brain; yet I would still get lost in them with just one look." ...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...