princess | dabi x reader

By irasellas

(Y/N) lives an ordinary life with her closest friend, Pinka. She scours the streets of Japan and works as a s... More

introduction
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24 โญ‘
part 25 โญ‘
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34
part 35 โญ‘
part 36
part 37
part 38
part 39
part 40
part 41
part 42 โญ‘
part 43
part 44
part 45
part 46

part 7

26K 631 1.3K
By irasellas

«───────« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Keeping my calm, I responded. "Thanks for letting me know." In realty, I was consumed by pure rage, one that burned with the power of a thousand flames. I waited impatiently for my boss to hang up the phone, before storming into Pinka's room.

"Dude!"

Pinka was caught off-guard, as she was spending her time scrolling throughout Twitter. Piles of books rested atop her sheets, all which belonged to the fantasy genre. "Uh, what's up?"

My words sputtered out in a tone I wasn't expecting. "Our damn boss is what's up, that's all! I have to shift tomorrow."

She hung her head, and whined loudly, whilst shutting her laptop. "Are you kidding me? I was so excited to show you my new outfit, too!"

I inhaled sharply, before releasing all of my stress. "I'm just going to shower and head to bed, goodnight."

Closing the door behind me, I left Pinka to her thoughts. The soles of my feet sunk into the hard flooring, as I made my way to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me, and flicked the light-switch on.

After twisting the nozzle, the familiar hot water spat out. I directed the water towards the shower head, and stepped in before closing the glass doors. My locks of hair shielded my sensitive skin from the stinging water, as I began to wash myself.

Now, I could ponder over everything. I had so many unanswered questions, ones that could only be fulfilled by Dabi. The lost expression he made yesterday portrayed a thousand feelings. Loneliness, yet a slight feeling of hope. Maybe my shift tomorrow would be another chance to see him, but I doubt it.

Once I had finished washing myself, I wrapped a clean towel around my body per usual. The heavy drops of water saturated my hair, causing it to drip liquid down my back. I squeezed my hair, wringing the excess water out.

The sound of still water-drops, and heavy footsteps filled the corridors of my apartment. After opening the door to my bedroom, I collapsed onto my mattress. Similar to Pinka, I had just wanted to be alone.

I had no intentions of sleeping, though. My thoughts were continuously overwhelming my head, causing me to stay wide-awake. Waves of conflict thrashed against the inside of my skull, causing me to bury my head into the soft pillows.

My fingertips endlessly scrolled down, passing the unfunny videos on my feed, and saving the ones I thought to be interesting. The pupils of my eyes were now bloodshot, stinging relentlessly each time I blinked.

Without noticing, the morning sky began to form. Patches of blue, and green clouded the heavens. I rolled onto my side, and gazed out the fogged windows, which were covered gently by my translucent curtains.

It was Sunday, meaning I had to leave for my shift later in the evening. Pinka wouldn't be there, but I felt confident in myself. Hopefully, it would be an opportunity to see Dabi again. Though, without sleep, I'm afraid I need a lot of caffeine today.

I groaned, as my body slid off the mattress. There's a greater chance of me staying awake if I got up now. Oddly, Pinka was awake. Dimmed noises coming from the television seaped under my door, she must've gotten up for a special episode of a show.

Sunday was always a lazy day, you dreaded work the next morning, and usually didn't want to finish your assignments. I opened my bedroom door, and head down the corridor to the living room.

Pinka was paying close attention to the television, examining every small detail coming from her show. Her body was engulfed by the couch, as she scarfed down Calbee snacks, and cried over the virtual characters.

"Haikyuu again?" I asked.

She completely ignored what I said, and shuffled her body furiously. "BYE- Look at Kenma, oh my gosh!"

I rested my elbow on the head of the couch, and leaned over her. "Nah, Kuroo is better."

"Kenma said, ombré gone wrong. Literally."

Pinka's head instantly turned upwards, her eyes peering at me. "Okay, how dare you."

Not wanting to argue, I began making my way to the kitchen. Our living space and kitchen were connected, causing me to doze off a bit while watching the show.

Pinka's stomach growled loudly, causing her to giggle in embarrassment. "Wait, but can you make me food?"

I guess it was time for me to quit watching. It was six in the morning, after all, and I needed loads of caffeine. "Mhmm."

The pots and pans clanked together, as I dragged them out of the cabinets. I had no idea what to make, to be honest, I'm not even that great of a chef. Popping oil scares the living daylights out of me, I strongly believe that I will burn my apartment down if I encounter that demon.

"Eggs and bacon it is." I thought to myself. Bringing the egg case and frozen bacon out of the fridge, I began to heat up the stove. Meanwhile, Pinka began to sob over an emotional scene. The new Haikyuu episodes had just come out, so she must be pumped, yet devastated that it's closer to the end of the series.

First frying the eggs, I struggled to make Pinka's sunnyside-up. The popping was minimal, as I lowered the heat by quite a bit when I got frightened. Once I had completed the eggs, I felt accomplished.

"Yeah, that's right! Take that, you stupid stove."

Pinka overheard my victory dance, and laughed loudly from across the room. "Oo, I'm excited! It smells really good, (Y/N)."

"Yeah yeah, I know it does."

Refilling the pan with a tad more oil, I cautiously placed the frozen bacon onto the cast-iron. Almost instantly, the oil began to viciously pop. I screamed loudly, possibly waking the neighbors.

"Ah! Pinka, help!"

After falling to the ground, Pinka came sprinting over. Roaring laughs seeped from her lips, as she flailed her arms. "Girl, I'm scared too!"

"Get the fire extinguisher, stupid!"

I desperately crawled over the floor rug, reaching my hand towards the fire extinguisher. Loud thumps coming from Pinka's knees repeatedly hitting the floor shook the ground, as I ran back to her.

She was nearly in tears, flailing stupidly atop the tiled floor. I took a deep breath, and snapped the stove-turner off. Pinka grabbed the fire extinguisher out of my arms, and laughed at me.

"Your whole face is red, (Y/N)!"

"I'm just going to pretend that you don't have tears currently streaming down your face." I snapped back.

I grabbed ahold the pan handle, and picked the bacon off with a set of tongs. "We'll just have something else." I giggled.

Pinka nodded, and head back to the couch. She unpaused her show, and leaned her head back on the rest. "I mean, what else goes with eggs?"

Under my breath, I mumbled. "Toast it is."

Grabbing some bread from the freezer, I plopped it into the holes of the toaster. Neither of us liked our toast too crispy, or even that brown. Therefore, I lightly toasted the bread, before applying a thin layer of golden butter.

I took some glass plates out of the cabinet, and decorated them nicely with the fried eggs and buttered toast. Once I had finished cooking, I situated myself atop the couch with Pinka. The two of us spent majority of the day eating, and watching anime, but now it was ten PM, and time for my lone shift to officially start.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; heyo! this chapter is shorter than the others, but i thought it would be a good idea to input some comedy

i wonder what will happen at y/n's shift? 👀

edit: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "SHORT" ITS OVER 1300 WORDS LMFOA

artwork by: sharlock_arts on twitter

words: 1322

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

682K 13.6K 200
Just some Yandere x Reader One Shots {Female Pronouns} Obviously โš ๏ธTrigger Warningsโš ๏ธ Read at your own discretion May contain Mha/Vigilantes spoilers...
1.1M 28.9K 53
> You were in a really bad state, all throughout your life. Soon you made a choice, a choice that was meant to be your last. Until you open your eyes...
8.9K 236 17
From baggy pants, oversized hoodies, a short wig, large prescription glasses -all is used with the intention of hiding her femininity. Y/n is a freel...
25K 503 42
IN WHICH y/n is forced into a relationship with shoto todoroki. โ˜† CREDITS !! โ€ข story creds go to -BAKUGOSHOTO โ€ข character creds go to koh...