part 11

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I looked down at my attire, and noticed Dabi's raggedy clothes. "Quick, (Y/N). Make an excuse!" those words resounded throughout my head, and then I got it.

"Oh, one of our co-workers lent them to me. I forgot my jacket, so she gave me her extra clothes."

Pinka didn't seem to suspect anything, even with my lie having countless flaws. I had only been gone a few hours, but our house looked ransacked. Several empty containers of Calbee snacks, and ramen packets were scattered on the floor.

The air conditioning was on the lowest temperature, explaining why the room was freezing. Playlists of Haikyuu episodes displayed on the television screen, was she rewatching the entire show?

Pinka turned off the television, and yawned before heading into the bathroom. "I need to get ready."

It was only two in the afternoon, so what was she getting ready for? "Excuse me?"

"For my shift, obviously! Didn't you know that I'm working tonight?" she giggled, whilst stretching her arms and widening her eyes.

My next words were immediately cut off. "Why are you getting ready now? It's only two-"

Pinka closed the bathroom door, shutting herself in. I heard as the doorknob locked, then she spoke. "Unlike you, I actually care about my appearance. My shift starts at six, so I should start getting ready now!"

"Can people stop cutting me off? It's infuriating." I thought to myself. Pinka's actions were questionable, but I didn't want to accidentally trigger her.

Before her shift, she should have something to eat. Pinka was scarfing down Calbee snacks before I came home, but that's not going to supply her with enough energy to last the shift.

The running water was audible all the way from the kitchen. It would be a while before Pinka comes out, as she probably has a one-hundred step routine. I brought out some fresh fruits, ones that I had bought at the supermarket earlier this week.

My hands moved on their own, cautiously slicing the fruit whilst trying to avoid my fingers. I picked a cute lunchbox from the cabinets, and delicately placed the fruit inside.

"Now, we refrigerate it!" I said, storing the packed fruit into the refrigerator. It should be a few hours before Pinka heads to her shift, so I guess I'll just hang around until then.

Dabi's scent lingered on my newly-found clothes, I could smell it just by wearing them. I swear this man didn't know what deodorant was, as his body odor was absorbed strongly into the fabric.

I made my way back to my bedroom, and flopped my body onto the mattress. My head turned to the side, allowing my eyes to gaze out the window. Fragments of the sky were pink and orange, mixing together to make an ensemble of colors.

There was nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I scrolled endlessly throughout social media, played every game installed on my phone, and yet I was still bored.

Finally, I heard Pinka come out of the bathroom. I checked the time on my overheating phone, which stung to the touch. Now, it was four in the afternoon. Pinka's shift started at six, meaning I had two hours left.

After a few more minutes of stalling, I heard the bathroom door open. "Did she really spend two whole hours in the shower?" I thought to myself. Not even I take that long of a shower, an hour at most!

Pinka opened my bedroom door, just to be blasted with the freezing air conditioning. She had her hair up in a cloth, and wore a button towel which she wrapped around her body. "Hey, you! It's freezing in here, (Y/N)."

She smelt strongly of peach lotion, a scent that was all too familiar to me. Rolling onto the cushions with me, she wrapped her arms around my body.

"Pinka, are you wearing my lotion?" I asked.

I grunted, and showed obvious discomfort with her skin against mine. "I mean, you weren't touching it at all! So I thought, why not wear it? It smells so good, and for you to just waste it like that truly hurts my heart.." Pinka said in my ear.

"I just haven't found the time to try it yet. Also, I want to use it for a special occasion." if that special occasion ever came, really. The lotion was just a waste of money, I rarely go out, anyways.

Pinka rolled off my bed, adjusting the rim of her towel. "Next time you go out, wear it! Got that?"

I sat up on the bed, my back hunching over as my locks of hair covered my face. "Fine, just for you." My eyes peered at Pinka as she smiled, and walked out of my room. It makes sense, I mean, she still needs to dry off and do her makeup.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the fleeting shades of orange and pink began to fade away. Then, a dark shadow, filled with emptiness and twinkling stars expanded throughout the sky.

"It always seems to get darker earlier throughout winter." I thought to myself. Monday was such a boring, stressful day. To be honest, I am quite upset that I can't follow Pinka on her shift. We always stuck together, but our stupid boss decided to change my schedule.

I sighed, and made my way out onto my balcony. Whilst gazing up at the sky, cold breezes gusted past me, slicing through my clothes. The moon was full, and the only thing emitting light in this broad, winter sky.

By now, it had to be six in the evening. I couldn't hear Pinka's complaining anymore, even through the thin walls of our apartment. However, despite having such a loving friend, I was still incredibly lonely.

"I might as well catch an early one tonight. To be honest, I'm pretty tired." I thought to myself.

A notification appeared on my phone screen, causing my eyes to peer down at the harmful rays. My phone which was hanging off the railing, only being held by my delicate fingers, continued to vibrate.

I had received a missed call from an unknown place, which I then quickly rung up once more. "Hello?"

"Hey." the voice responded.

"Guess who it is." it teased, disguising a chuckle I heard in the background.

"Asshole?" I asked, my mouth hanging ajar.

The familiar voice responded, teasing me even more. "Good girl."

"But how did you get my number-" As expected, I was cut off.

"Isn't facial recognition amazing?" Dabi chuckled on the other side of the phone.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; IM SCREAMING

pinka shading y/n about her appearance girl..

artwork by: Black_Swan on fanpop

words: 1127