๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐‹๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐“๐ก๏ฟฝ...

By lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... More

Author's note
Those Little Things
1ยฐ
2ยฐ
3ยฐ
4ยฐ
5ยฐ
6ยฐ
7ยฐ
8ยฐ
9ยฐ
10ยฐ
CASTยฐ
11ยฐ
12ยฐ
13ยฐ
14ยฐ
15ยฐ
16ยฐ
17ยฐ
18ยฐ
19ยฐ
20ยฐ
21ยฐ
22ยฐ
23ยฐ
24ยฐ
25ยฐ
26ยฐ
27ยฐ
28ยฐ
29ยฐ
30ยฐ
31ยฐ
32ยฐ
33ยฐ
34ยฐ
35ยฐ
36ยฐ
37ยฐ
38
39ยฐ
40ยฐ
41ยฐ
42ยฐ
43ยฐ
44ยฐ
45ยฐ
46ยฐ
47ยฐ
48ยฐ
49ยฐ
50ยฐ
51ยฐ
52ยฐ
53ยฐ
54ยฐ
55ยฐ
57ยฐ
58ยฐ
A few things I want to sayโค๏ธ
59ยฐ
60ยฐ
61ยฐ
62ยฐ
63ยฐ
64ยฐ
65ยฐ
66ยฐ
67ยฐ
68ยฐ
69ยฐ
70ยฐ
71ยฐ
72ยฐ
73ยฐ
Pre-updateโค๏ธ
74ยฐ
75ยฐ
76ยฐ
77ยฐ
78ยฐ
DO NOT IGNORE ๐Ÿ™
79ยฐ
80ยฐ
ONE WORLD SERIES
81ยฐ
82ยฐ
83ยฐ
84ยฐ
85Aยฐ
85Bยฐ
85Cยฐ
86ยฐ{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICEโ—โ—

56ยฐ

2.6K 829 1.1K
By lovetori_xo

I'm back oo❤️❤️

So sorry for keeping you guys waiting. See ehh, I wanted to give surprise update(s) to make up, but I just decided to release this one since it's already ready cause I know y'all have been waiting. I swear, one day I'll surprise you people finish😭😭😩😩😩❤️❤️❤️

Okay, soooo, I'm going to tag Rihanna_Adedeji  dheenmah and I_am_Jazzy (HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!)Y'all will know why I'm tagging them soon😋

(Song for the chapter ; Say it to my face by Madison Beer......🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃)

                                                 ~YURE~

             127 missed calls, 678 text messages.

That's how many times I had tried reaching out to Krisdana since the last three days.

And yes, I had been counting. Yet..Sadly, painfully, they were all to no avail.

She ignored all. Every single one of them. I was technically calling and texting myself.

What killed me even more was the fact that she wasn't even showing up to school and there was absolutely no way to even get to her.

Like things couldn't even get any worse, my parents decided out of the blue that they suddenly wanted to come back home today from their business trip in Russia.

I love them, no doubt. But with everything that had gone down this entire week, I really doubt I'd be able to handle the mental stress that they were going to just add unto. I wasn't ready for it at all.

My parents - who were seldom at home - were stress in human form. You have no idea. No, seriously. You really don't.

...and they just had to show up right in the middle of a crisis. Awesome.

Since Wednesday that shit went down, the school was still on Giwa's case. The girl in question literally has just varnished since that day..never to be heard of again.

I'm kidding..but seriously, she had been totally MIA. Didn't show up for classes through out the week and literally put herself out of existence.

And about me, Krisdana and Prissy? Well, word had spread across the school, made-up stories and rumors of different kinds. I started to fear that shit would get into the ears of the school authority if they didn't tone themselves down.

Worst of all...

Krisdana had completely shut me out. It was like I was dead to her. That possibly crippled me everytime I thought about it.

I just hoped she was okay. I wished there was a way I could know.

As much as I could, I tried to empty my thoughts running through my mind, for the meantime by burying myself in my chemistry waec past questions.

I sat in a quiet, fairly scarce Class B that evening, awaiting the call from the Physics teacher for our practicals.

Saturday evening lessons.

It started earlier these days and ended much later as well... basically because of our pending WAEC exams.

At the moment, the block was noisy. Very.

Mr. Jimmy had skipped his math period, and I guess a lot of classmates saw it as a chance to while away time.

Hopefully, Class B was filled with bookworms who were a lot more serious with their future. The few that were present in the class with me were quietly using this spare time to study.

I deliberately refused to stay in my own class.

"Yure." A soft tap on my arm followed the soft feminine voice that just called me.

I turned to the girl who sat by my right. A cute dark-skinned girl on glasses whose name was hazy in my memory.

My eyebrows raised as I expected her to speak.

"Mr. Charles Bassey has been calling you ever since." She told me, gesturing to the door of the class.

Standing there by the wooden door at the end of the spacey, blue - walled classroom, was our Physics teacher, Mr. Charles Bassey, or as the rest of the set called him 'Charlie Ba'.

He was looking at me intently for a moment, almost leaving me confused, before he finally said, "Come."

I stood up, adhering, walking towards the dark skinned man.

"Yes, sir." I answered uprightly.

"Your eyes were fixed on your book, but your mind wasn't here." He said it like it was a fact.

"Sir, I_,"

"Follow me." He cut in, moving and walking on ahead, out of the class.

I walked behind him, following him, as he asked me to. He stopped a few paces to the last class at the end of the block, and I stopped too.

He turned to look at me again, and I silently wondered if I was in trouble.

"Yure.. Adediji." He called me.

I gulped. "Yes, sir."

The fact he called my full name...

"I heard what happened on Wednesday." He said.

I knew he couldn't have been there and everything went down like that.

This man held the entire Ss3 Set at his palm. Students, in general, listened to everything he said. Not that they were afraid of him, but they highly respected him. He could have dispersed the crowd that day just by uttering a word....but having he heard about it...that meant he was absent at the happening.

"I heard the full story. The whole truth." Charlie Ba elaborated.

"As much as I am dearly dissappointed in Giwa Falade, I am equally dissappointed in you too, head boy." He said to me.

I found myself not being able to make eye contact with him anymore. I didn't say anything. I just let him talk.

"Were you sleeping with those girls?" His calm, calculated voice asked me.

My eyes snapped to him.

"Sorry, sir, what?" I asked.

"Waje and Moe." He elaborated.

Prissy and Krisdana..

"Were you sleeping them?" He asked me.

I didn't know how to answer that question. I found myself rubbing the back of my neck, trying to decide if I should say the truth or not.

This man was highly respected also by the school authority and sometimes, had a firm hand in decision making for the school too.

..but the thing is..as much as he seemed to be a disciplinarian and a ...of the rules, he was vwey sensitive to students too. When shit hits the fan, he could back you up. He could cover for you.

But, you'd never really know what he was up to. The man was unpredictable. So, I couldn't tell if this was a trap or not.

"You have to tell me the truth." He said.

Trap, or not?

"Next week, the school is calling me to speak on what I've gathered on this case and communicate it to them...and I want to help you, as well as Giwa, and everyone involved in this as much as I can."

Trap or not?

"What you kids have caused for yourselves by doing this..," he stopped, shaking his head in pity and shame.

Once he looked at me again, he continued;

"If things get out of hand, you all can get expelled..and you know getting expelled is not an option at this pending time. You have waec ahead of you and it's your future that is at stake now. It's best if you tell me the truth..the whole truth..so I know how best to cover for you guys, Yure. Lying would just complicate matters."

He sounded very convincing.

Oh, God.

Trap...or not?

"Were you sleeping with those girls?" he asked again.

I sighed and my pathetic answer came. "Not really."

An eyebrow of his arched perfectly, like he was asking 'are you being serious?'

"Somehow." I said again.

"Yure." He called me.

"Okay, yes. I slept with them a couple of times, but it's not like that. I actually_,"

I paused there, sighing in exasperation and massaging my temples.

Was I really going to start explaining my love life to my physics teacher?

Charlie Ba held his gaze on me for a while. Silence stayed between us through out that moment. I could already tell he was utterly dissappointed right now. Like hell, everyone was.

"When was the last time Giwa was heard of?" He asked, changing the topic completely.

"I don't know." I said. "She's basically unreachable. She left the class group chat. Deleted her Instagram account and just_,"

"And none of you have contacted her?" He cut in, asking.

"I don't know..," I told him. "I don't know if anyone has."

"And Moe?" He inquired.

"Sir, Krisdana hasn't been in school either and she's equally unreachable." I told him.

"You're Ivandor's friend, right?" He asked.

Damn, All these questions..

"Yes." I answered half-heartedly.

"Tell him to meet me in my office after the practical class. We'll need to talk."

That was the last thing he said before he left me.

I dragged my feet to Ss3A afterwards...being subjected to speak to Ivandor finally.

I could have just asked someone to call him, but maybe, I actually wanted to talk to him. I just didn't know how exactly to start, especially since he's been cold as he to me these days.

I stepped into a silent as graveyard Ss3A where my class was filled up Science students, who were already engrossed in their books.

Mehn, and I thought Class B was quiet....

Ivandor sat the back of the class, with Nova. His eyes were set on a big textbook I felt may have been biology, and Nova rather, had a few past questions littered on the desk infront of him, but his head was resting low on them.

I walked quietly, trying to not make too much noise with my steps as I got to them.

"Hey, man." I started.

Whether he heard me or not, I don't know. His eyes remained fixed on his textbook.

"Charlie Ba wants to see you in his office after the practical class." I went on.

He nodded. Eyes still fixed on the textbook in front of him. Face, plain as a cardboard paper.

Oh, wow, so he heard me.

"I think he wants to ask about Kris." I said.

Snub.

"How is she doing, man." I asked further.

Snub.

Mehn, I should get used to this, right?

Fully aware that I may have been talking to myself, I carried on nontheless. However, the slight frustration I was starting to feel from his attitude started creeping into my tone.

"I've been trying. I know you are aware. I've been trying to get to her for three days straight now and_,"

"Sshh!" Tehila who sat nearby, shusshed me.

"Sorry." I apologized to the caramel skinned girl a few seats away from the row I was on. She rolled her eyes as she looked away from me, returning her focus back on the physics past questions and notebook she was writing on, in front of her desk.

I looked back to Ivandor, who wouldn't even look up to acknowledge my presence.

The way he had been acting lately unsettled me a great deal. The colder he got, I knew it meant the worse Krisdana was holding up.

God, how much had I damaged that girl...

I was losing my mind even thinking about it. And worse still, being so locked out and unable to reach her.

"Just once, mehn. Once. Please just tell her I need to talk to her. Even if it's once, please. She'd only listen to you." I kept saying.

The fact he seemed unmoved at all, still looking at his book with that calm, almost taunting, expression on his face, casually flipping the pages and acting like I was air..scattered my brain. I felt like slamming my head on the wall.

"For God's sake, I know I messed up, okay? I deserve all the treatment you're giving me right now. But for one moment, can you just put away this silly, childish behavior of yours and hear me out?! Besides, this is even between me and Kris anyways, and the least you can do is respect that and be considerate."

No, seriously... No, no, I absolutely swear to you right now that my mouth talked by itself.

"Yure, please reduce your voice." Esther said, reminding me that I was distracting other classmates. I dismissively muttered her a quick apology.

Ivandor's hands were now balled into tight fists on his desk and I was certain that what I said got to him this time.

Surpringly, he didn't act.

After unfolding his fists and relaxing, I watched him flip the next page of his textbook, very calmly.

He didn't even act. My God. I wouldn't even mind him hitting me, for God's sake.

Instead, I saw Nova's shoulders moving slightly.

My brows furrowed in confusion.

He had been resting his head on the desk the entire time. Did my whining, perhaps, wake him up.

His eyes connected directly with mine as he rose his head up from the desk. His eyes - dangerously dark and brooding.

What? Even Nova?

He couldn't have woken up in this mood. Not possible. That just got me thinking. Was he really sleeping? Or was he awake all along hearing what I was saying to Ivandor?

He lifted his chin up, jutting it towards the door of the class in a quick gesture.

"Get out." He said.

Wait, what?

"Get out." He repeated.

I noticed how heavy his words seemed, and how unsettling his gaze became.

Once again, I say..
Even Nova?

"Dude." He said, seeming like he was losing his patience.

"Get. Out." He broke down the words for me.

The fact that even Nova was affected by this scared me even more. Was Krisdana really okay? Was she really that bad?

Christ..

It was rare seeing Nova this way. Seeing him angry...very rare. Extremely rare.

And being close to him, I knew to an extent, just how unpleasant it could get.

I nodded, complying. Then, left the class without another word.

That was when I made up my mind to meet Krisdana in person.

Only one problem though..

My parents.

Mum and Dad were already back home from Russia by the time I got home from the lessons that evening.

As a matter of fact, I walked right into dinner. Sumptuous, special dinner, already prepared and served. Aromas of well cooked meat and jollof rice filled the air. On the table were large covered ceramic bowl plates filled with food, expensive wine bottles and flowers were used as decorations.

My parents were already seated. Mum, in dark red, velvet dress and red lipstick, hair in a neat, tight bun, and Dad, in an overly formal black tuxedo, and a surprising, honestly exxagerated mustache that he didn't have before he left. Both of them were beaming at me with programmed, identical smiles.

What the hell was going on?

It was almost creepy. The seemingly pre-planned glorious dinner, my overly dressed parents...and Jesus Christ, those creepy smiles on their faces..

I fought my own smile to come, and soon there it was, radiating back at them.

"Why don't you join us, Junior?" My dad spoke first, gesturing to the table.

That smile never left his face, or mum's either.

Somehow, mine seemed stuck on my face as well.
I'm serious, no matter how much I tried, that smile was officially stuck.

"Ofcourse.. I'll just need to go and freshen up upstairs first." I said to him.

"Well, come on over here and give your parents a hug first. It's been ages!" My mother's chirped in with that strange accent of hers.

So, I walked over to them and hugged them..as formerly as I could. I've never been that free with them anyways, so this hug was not really..umm.. usual?

"How is school, Junior? Hope you're representing the school well as the head boy." Dad said to me.

"I am." I answered simply. A short smile accompanied that answer.

Mum laughed hysterically. She laughed a lot. Even when nothing was really funny.

"You sure are, Junior!" She commented.

Up close, it was easier to note how much lighter her skin had become. She was very dark skinned naturally, but now it resembled a lighter chocolate colour.

I frowned a bit at that, silently hoping she just lightened up naturally due to the less harsh weather abroad, and trying to was out thoughts of her using bleaching creams.

"Seems like you're taller than me now." She said, looking up to trace my eyes in observation.

Take it or leave it, my mother is 6'4 in height. Shocking, yeah? Unlikely for a woman, I know.

My dad? Well, he should dangerously be nearing 7 feet. Real giants we have iver here, yeah.

You would say that explained the tall genes in the family. I was currently 6'7 in height, and yes, proudly the tallest guy in the set. All thanks to them.

Anyways, I eventually left my giant parents and headed upstairs to have my bath. Soon after, I was down and joining them for dinner.

Now, forget all the smiles and pleasantries, I don't believe my parents were really that excited about meeting me.

Infact, almost through out dinner, I was non-existent to them. It was just basically mum and dad engrossing themselves in their own discussion.

I had not a clue what they had been talking about, but words like 'company' and 'contracts' were used so much, in nearly all their sentences that I was able to catch the subject matter easily.

I just silently wondered how I would get out of this meal. I needed to leave. However, it was half past seven and my parents were highly particular about curfew. They wouldn't let me leave the house once it's seven..and most definitely not because of a girl.

Once again, forget the smiles and pleasantries, my parents were very strict. Infact, they were a lot of things. A lot.

Their incessant laughs filled the air and I ended up tuning them out. Staring at the orange jollof rice on the plate in front of me, I let my mind venture far and wild... thinking about Krisdana.

Indeed, I was surprised when my mum noticed me.

"Junior?"

Her deep british-sounding accented voice brought me back to earth.

I looked up from my food to meet Mum's deep brown eyes and dad's studying one, peering intently at me.

"What are you thinking of?" Mum asked me, each of her words having a heavy accented edge to them.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Are you sure?" Dad's deep voice came in. He talked more normal. Gratefully.

I nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Hmph." Mum only hummed, and that was the end of our conversation.

Akwardly, I resumed eating. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but notice the silence that filled the sir afterwards. Sounds of forks and knives clacking against plates as we all are in silence filled the air.

I tried my best to wave off akwardness and I focused on my meal thereon. It was better as it was quiet anyways.

"You have friends, right?" Mum asked me, breaking the silence.

"Hmph?" I looked up to her again, mouth filled with white meat.

She frowned at that, shaking her head in disaproval.

"No, junior. Swallow." She ordered calmly.

I swallowed the food in my mouth, and that earned me a satisfied nod from her.

"You have friends, right?" She asked again.

What sort of questions are these?

"Uh..yes." I cleared my throat. "Yes, I do."

"Hmph." Dad hummed this time, taking one of the wine bottles and filling up a glass cup.

Again, that was it. We went back to dinner once more.

Silence.

"Why?" I had to ask, breaking it this time.

Both of them simutaneously turned to look at me. Brow raised perfectly at the same time like they were programmed.

"Why did you ask me that question?" I asked.

Both of them did identical chuckles and mum was quick to answer.

"Well, you always seem excessively quiet, that's all." She said.

In my defense, neither of them were ever interested in talking to me.

"It's a bit troubling." Dad took over, diverting my attention to him.

"Signs of a child with anxiety disorders. We wouldn't want you secluding yourself from the rest of your peers for any reason, that's all." He was saying.

Sometimes, my parents were hard to understand. They say they want me socialising and mingling with other kids, yet, they had surveillance cameras at every corner of the house so they could monitor my every activity at home, even from far off continents where they travelled and settled. I couldn't even invite friends over if I wanted to. Couldn't even dare bring girls in. They were against that with all their might.

The only reason that holiday party I held was successful was because the surveillance equipments were faulty and Aaron and Casper were adamant on not passing off the opportunity.

"If it's because we don't let you go out much, then well, maybe sometime, when you're less busy, we can take you on one of our expensive business trips.  Then, you can mingle with kids your age there." He was saying.

"Boys." Mum cut in, clearing her throat afterwards. "We'll only let you mingle with boys your age. You can't be get too friendly with girls at your age. You're still too young for that."

I rubbed against my temple softly.
If only they knew..

Sadly, my parents knew nothing about me. My social life, my love life, nothing. I doubt they'd even want to know. They just saw me as their overly quiet son. I barely talked to them and they barely talked to me too. That was just how things were.

Whose fault was that, anyway? They were never around most of the time.

Honestly, I couldn't blame them for being too busy with their work. I couldn't. I possibly don't know how it must be for them, really, but jeez, sometimes they don't even try. At all.

Wanna see what I mean? Yeah, well, watch this.

"You're coming for my graduation, right?"

Both heads went up to me simutaneously at my sudden question.

"Graduation?" Dad spoke first, seeming a bit confused as the word perhaps escaped from his lips.

Oh, quite thrilling.. Would he say he is unaware of the fact that his son is in his final year of Highschool?

I nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, my graduation."

Mum's fake laughter resounded through the entire dining and the living room combined. It became clear that she was covering up embarrassment. She kept throwing my dad 'ofcourse we remember' glances in between her laughs.

"Ofcourse we're coming!" She chirped like a bird.

Why was she still laughing?

"We always come for all those things, don't we?" She was even quick to add in defence.

"Right, Ayo?" She asked my father, who nodded in agreement, chucking akwardly to match her laughs.

"That's not true." I debunked calmly, right after they fell quiet again.

Once again, their eyes set on me, at the exact same time, with the exact same questioning 'one eyebrow up' look.

Do they rehearse these things?

"What do you mean?" Dad was the one who asked first.

"I mean, it's not true. You two are never around for school activities." I said.

"You know we're_,"

"..busy, and I get that." I cut my mum's sentence short.

"Really, I get it." I assured her.

"We try our best." Mum defended softly.

Nope. Not even for once. They'd never attended one. They failed to even show up for the last Interhouse sports even when they had promised to.

It was even way worse in my Jss1 first term when I used to attend Maranatha High. They missed the induction for Jss1 students, the visiting day...oh yeah, and also the closing day. I'm not even shitting you.

I had to stay in school an extra week after the closing day. And till this very day, that school still tells my story. Infact, last I heard from one of my old friends back there, my name is now a well known slang there.

Suddenly, My mum's laughing cut in again and Christ, she had to stop doing that!

"We'll be there for your graduation, okay?" She kept saying.

"Oh okay. When?" I asked her.

She stopped laughing and looked at me, brown eyes moping into mine. "What?"

"What date is my graduation?" I asked her, my eyes squinting at her and lips pursed, as I feigned focus and interest. Ofcourse, I wanted to know what she had to say.

"Sometime May? June?" She answered, chuckling in between her words.

"July." I corrected. "July 27th is my graduation date."

"Oh, right!" She laughed again, waving the topic off.

I knew they wouldn't show up. It was clear. I brushed it off. It wasn't something I wasn't used to with them.

It didn't take too long after we were back to eating quietly, that mum said;

"So, you sing online now?"

I nearly choked on my rice.

"What?" My reply came.

"Drink water." She said, and I obliged.

How did she know about that?

"A friend's daughter." Dad started, answering my question.

"Ofcourse you know I still keep up with Social Media and young entertainment despite my age..," Mum cut him short. She almost sounded like she was bragging.

"So, your videos weren't hard to come across eventually." She finished.

I should've known she'd come across one of those videos someday. Why didn't I even think about that?

"You're amassing an impressive fan base, junior." She said. I couldn't tell if she was happy about this or not. She wasn't even looking at me, but temperamentally trying to cut a piece of meat with her fork and table knife.

"Thankyou." I said simply.

"And your voice has really grown too. Impressive, really." Dad said, drinking from his wine cup.

"Thankyou." I answered again. Not sure where this was going.

"Yes, but ofcourse, you know all that is basely just for leisure, right?" He said.

I stopped eating.

"Your focus should be on Lithex." He went on.

Oh, their oil company. Right.

"So, soon, you would have to get rid of all those petty distractions." He deadpanned.

Distractions? What?

"Your dad's right, Junior." Mum came in.

"Managing a whole company is not something that should be done half-heartedly, and you're our only heir, so it should be of utmost importance to you." She was saying.

"Ofcourse it's important to me." I said. "And I intend to take it as seriously as I can. That also goes for music."

"You can't serve two masters at a time. Music isn't that important." Mum countered.

"It's important to me." I told them, shocking myself with my bravery.

Again, identical eyebrows were raised from them.

"It's unfair if you want me to take what you want seriously when you don't do the same." I told them.

"What are you even talking about? Ofcourse, we take your career seriously." My dad was saying.

"Yes. Yes." Mum agreed. "That's why we enrolled you in Science class so you could choose from a wide variety of courses."

"You're a smart boy. You get straight A's so you can easily pick up a good course to study," he said and Mum nodded in agreement.

"Exactly, music will not get you anywhere and besides, you can't make yourself look so unprofessional if you're going to be handling a company like Lithex." Mum went on.

I said nothing as they talked.

"I don't know why kids these days are even so obsessed with being in the entertainment industry. It's not a very good idea. You all should be in school studying and reading your books, instead of making noise in the studio or wearing rags to pose for good for nothing photoshoots! In the end, they're just wasting their time and they'd gain absolutely nothing from it!"

The way she said it, I could have sworn she sounded like she was talking from experience.
Got me wondering if she ever thought about being in the entertainment industry.

"A lot of kids my age are doing pretty great in the entertainment industry today if you ask me." I said.

"I beg to differ." Dad scuffed.

I almost laughed at his reply, ready to give them a lecture.

"Shade Onam." I started.

This got their attention. Both of them looked up to hold my gaze.

"You know Shade, ofcourse. So, much introduction isn't needed." I said. "The girl is one of the most talked about teenagers in Nigeria. A role model for many. She amasses a net worth in millions, and she's only seventeen years old."

I stopped, observing the looks on their faces.

"If you're talking about her grades, she's definitely got that too. Straight A student and consistently, she has been the best Physics student in the set." I concluded.

"Yeah, well, only one successful teenager doesn't cut it." Dad argued.

"Sophia Williams." I went on.

"An A-list model. She has an impressive fan base. Social media following that counts in millions. One of Nigeria's biggest prides. This same girl was the youngest person to host the AMVCA, as well as the Headies Awards, even before she turned seventeen. And as I've heard, she's a pretty impressive student in school too. So, we're talking beauty, brains, and grace over here." I wrapped up.

When neither of them said anything, I continued,"Kosi Queen Dike."

"A significant brand ambassador. This particular girl has bagged some impressive awards and nominations. Some of them, even International. Her beauty collections and clothing lines, like Quintessence Cosmetics and Queen Majesty earns millions and she is just seventeen. Infact, Queen was proclaimed one of the richest kids in Nigeria even before she turned sixteen. And till date, that girl always makes headlines in Naija Celeb-scoop. Just like the rest of us in Nigeria, that media company cannot get enough of her."

The fact that my parents remained quiet and let me speak. I was more than happy to take the stage.

"Now, let's bring it down to my niche." I went on, smiling at the next group I was introducing.

"I'm sure you've heard of Triple J?" I said.

My mum literally rolled her eyes. I was more than certain she had.

"Well, you're aware that those boys are actually a class below me, yet they're already bagging millions through their music career. Winning awards here and there. Even getting nominated  in countless International awards. Do you even know how many teenagers look up to those three? And yet, these boys are in what? Ss2." I was saying.

"They're basically one of the most influential teenagers in Africa, and just look how well they're representing the new generation of music." I told them.

"Influential, hmm." Mum scuffed. "So what do they inspire other teenagers to do? Wear dreadlocks, huh?"

I frowned, instantly knowing she was talking about Jamal - the lead singer of Triple J.

Anyone would have known him. Old or young, dead or alive. Mum or Dad.

While girls specifically tripped for his charming silver eyes, boys either hated him or wanted to be him. My mum, however, had bluntly refused to get over the fact that Jamal had gone on dreads for an entire summer.

"Those other boys with him keep hairs that are way too long for boys to keep. I don't see how that is inspiring?" Mum argued still.

The other two boys of Triple J - Jerry and Jide. Together, those three boys joined forces to steal hearts and mercilessly turn Nigerian girls into mad women.

"You know instead of misjudging the Triple J guys like that, you can give their music a try." I said to my mum.

"Can we quit all this talk about music!" Dad immediately ordered.

That's when I noticed he hadn't been talking the whole time. As his order, the table fell silent. Mum started akwardly laying the edges of her hair.

"Maurice," he called my mum. "You shouldn't even be arguing this trivial matter with him. Junior isn't majoring in Music and that is final!"

I swallowed, accepting the hard truth. No matter what I said or did, my parents weren't accepting my dream.

Once again, silence filled the air. And after staring at my food blankly for what seemed like an eternity, I stood up from the table.

"Where do you think you're going, young man?" Dad asked first.

"I'm done with Dinner." I said calmly.

Simutaneously, both - mum and dad- raised their brows at me. Ofcourse, I wasn't even half way done with my food

"I'm leaving the house." I announced.

"Leaving the house, my foot!" My mum screamed.

"I've already made up my mind." I said.

I wasn't going to argue. I just started to take to my heels, making my way out of the dining, pacing through the short stairway and getting into the large, spaced living room.

"WILL YOU GET BACK HERE!"

I froze at my dad's hostile voice.

Slowly, I turned back to meet my parents' shocked faces.

"I'm sorry, but it's an emergency." I explained, still somewhat adamant on leaving.

While my mum looked like she wanted to say something in opposition, my father was silent, looking at me with those studying eyes once again.

"I have to get my girlfriend back." I told them, boldly.

They both flinched heavily at the same time, at that word 'girlfriend'. I honestly fought the urge to laugh. At this point, my mind was already made up.

"Oh and about Jamal? The Triple J lead singer?" I reminded my mum who was still dumbstruck.

"Yeah, we're bros. Tight gees, even. Since the beginning of this session, we've been talking steady." I held myself from blurting out laughter as I watched her eyes grow wide in shock.

"Yeah, and maybe, it's time to even give him a call again. I shouldn't have turned down that collab offer. Doing a song with Triple J will only do me more good than harm." I finished.

My mother's hands slammed on the table, the force behind it causing the plates and cutleries to shake against the table.

"JEE-ZUHS!"  She exclaimed in absolute terror.

I chuckled, blowing her a kiss, knowing at the back of my mind that I just signed my death warrant with my parents.

"I love you guys. Bye." That was the last thing I said before I dismissed myself with them, exited the living room and heading to the garage.

I took in deep breaths, silently praying within me that going to Krisdana's place would not turn out a bad idea.

Will turning up at Krisdana's house be a bad ideas??? Who knows!!😭😭😭

Okay, so we have our Nigerian fictional world celebs in the house oo💃💃

Sophia Williams from Perfectly Imperfect by Rihanna_Adedeji

Kosi Queen Dike from the Golden Series (When Golden Souls collide and Nothing Gold can stay) by dheenmah

TRIPLE J!!!!!! From Shattered Heartstrings by I_am_Jazzy (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN,GIRL. LOVE YOU!!! TELL JAMAL TO EXPECT YURE'S CALL OO. MAN'S NOT JOKING!)

So, that's a wrap, guys!!!! For now. I'll be back as soon as possible ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 19K 106
ษขแด‡ส€แด€สŸแด…ษชษดแด‡ แดŠแดสœษดsแดษดs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...
34.4K 7.5K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...
33K 9.3K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...
44.6K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me ๐Ÿ˜‰ *There wi...