Loving Eleanor(BWWM)

By JasmynTailor

This is the story of a colored young woman and an older white man who discovers the faults in their hearts an... More

Authors Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
The End

Chapter One

12.2K 420 273
By JasmynTailor

Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Date: August 15th, 1949
Name: Eleanor Hazel Bush
Age: twenty-three

"Thank you," Eleanor murmured after putting the token into the slot and she made her way to the back of the bus.

It was her final year before graduating with a Master's degree at Yale University. She only had one more class to take before walking the stage, and it was an English class. Earlier on in her college career, she put off taking an extra English class to take a theater class, so now she had to spend nine months taking one class.

As the bus neared her stop, she silently prayed for a smooth and quick year. Grabbing her bookbag, Eleanor stood up and walked out of the bus and down the sidewalk.

The walk to the building was fast and she entered with much time to spare. She liked being early for things, there was always talk about colored people being lazy, and she didn't want to fall in with that idea.

"Ow!" Eleanor cried as she fell to the floor with her bookbag coming with her. Some careless person walked straight into her and they had yet to apologize.

As she went to stand, a white hand came into her line of vision, but it soon retracted itself as she turned her gaze upwards.

"Get out of my way," The white man sneered and turned his nose to her.

Eleanor scoffed and shook her head at him. "You're the jerk who walked into me!" She snapped back and stood up on her own.

The man's eyes narrowed and a scowl grew on his face. "You witch." He muttered, which caused Eleanor to flinch at the word.

"I can't believe this!" She whispered angrily as she walked into the classroom and sat in the back of the class.

Eleanor didn't hate white people, they just irritated her soul. However, that man, she already hated him. He was arrogant and rude, he was now on her list.

After cooling off from the encounter with the stupid white man, Eleanor decided to note down the information written on the board,

'Professor Curtis' and 'English Literature'

As she wrote down the date and drew a cute little flower, the professor walked in. He began to speak and introduced himself as, "Professor Curtis." Eleanor didn't look up though, she was too busy finishing her rose.

"And done," She whispered and decided to finally pay attention. "This must be a joke," She said once she looked up at Professor Curtis.

It was the jerk who ran into her. She hoped and prayed that he would only be a substitute, but by the way, he spoke and explained things, her prayers were null and void.

-

Professor Curtis's eyes swept the room as he spoke, and his expression went from blank to annoyed in a matter of seconds.

He didn't want to teach the smart mouth colored woman, but his luck and prayers went unanswered.  He would make the most of his time with the sassy colored. She would regret speaking to him the way she did in the hallway. He would make sure of it.

The class went on and time passed by quickly. Professor Curtis was done teaching and Eleanor was grateful to God. She didn't desire to be in his presence any longer.

"Have your papers turned in by this Friday, you're all dismissed." He announced and gave a stiff nod to the students.

After putting away her composition notebook, Eleanor grabbed her bookbag and went straight to the door. She wanted to go home and vent to her mother.

"Don't be in such a hurry," Professor Curtis insisted with mischief in his eyes.

Eleanor turned around and noticed that he was talking to her. "Professor." She said curtly and placed her hands on her hip. She didn't like the troublesome look in his eyes.

"That attitude won't help you complete your homework. Have it turned in by Wednesday." He commanded and Eleanor's eyes widened at his outrageous idea.

She shook her head and threw her hands in the air. "You just told everyone else to have theirs in by Friday, that's when you'll get mine." She responded shortly and huffed.

Professor Curtis scowled for a second, but then he smiled. "You have by Wednesday to turn in an analysis of Taming of the Shrew." He said snidely.

"No." Eleanor answered calmly, which only lasted for a moment. "I shouldn't have to do more work! I-it's just like you white people to act as if you run everything! You're so arrogant and vapid!" She hissed angrily and clenched her fists.

Professor Curtis laughed and glared at her. "You better watch your colored mouth. My word is final and I expect to see your work on my desk tomorrow morning." He declared and then spoke again. "You colored women need to learn how to be docile and sweet like white women. It's no wonder that-"

"Shut up! You white men are demons and you ruin everything that you touch! Power-hungry cretin!" She bellowed and took a deep breath.

Professor Curtis clenched his jaw and sent Eleanor an icy glare. "Get out of my classroom. That paper won't write itself." He warned her and pointed at the door.

Eleanor sent one last glare at Professor Curtis and stalked out of the door. She hated him, he was everything that infuriated her.

As she rode the bus home, she thought of more reasons why white people were garbage.

Leaving the bus, Eleanor walked into her house and searched for her mother.

"Mama!" She yelled angrily. She had to tell her mother everything about that white demon.

Mildred emerged from the kitchen with an apron tied around her waist and flour on her cheek. "Yes, Hazie? How was class?" She inquired, not quite knowing what she was getting herself into.

Eleanor walked over to her mother and melted in her arms. She had the magic touch to calm her nerves. "It was horrible. I have a demon as a Professor. He's the true form of satan." She explained as her mother ran her fingers through her hair.

"Satan? How so?" Mildred asked curiously.

Eleanor sighed and snuggled closer to her mother. "I was walking to class and he walked into me. He told me to get out of the way, instead of apologizing, so I called him a jerk! A-and then he called me a witch, so I told him off and went to class, only to learn that he's the Professor!" She explained and Mildred shook her head. "When class ended, he gave me extra work and it's due tomorrow! When I told him that I wouldn't do it, along with a few more things, he told me that colored women needed to learn to be sweet and docile like white women! H-he's disgusting!" She finished and held her mother's hand tightly as she recalled his rude behavior.

Mildred sighed. She didn't want Eleanor to have such a Professor, but she knew that Eleanor wouldn't quit. She was too strong-willed for that.

"He sounds like quite the Professor, but don't harden your heart. His behavior doesn't count for all white people, just as God's kindness rests in our hearts, it can rest in the hearts of white people as well." She reassured her daughter and pressed a kiss onto her temple. "Don't let his actions turn you sour, my sweet Hazie. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath," Mildred advised her precious girl and went back to the kitchen.

Eleanor sat on the couch and thought about her mother's advice. She knew that God didn't want her to hate anyone, but it was so easy and she had many reasons to hate white people.

"Forgive me, God, for the hate in my heart. Give me strength not to strangle Professor Curtis, and soften my heart to mama's advice. She means well, and she only wants me to stay upright in my faith and have a relationship with You. In Jesus's name, Amen." She prayed quietly and once she was done, she went to her bedroom to start on her assignments.

It would be hard, but Eleanor was not one to quit. She planned on giving Professor Curtis a run for his money.

"Just you wait, Professor Curtis. You'll see." She said determined to prove to that obnoxious white man just how excellent she could be.

-

Authors Note

Hey y'all!

It's nice to be back with another story! I can't go without writing and updating new books, it's hard.

I hope the chapter was to your taste. As you can tell already, this is much different from my other stories.

How do you like Eleanor? Her spunk and personality are great and she's a doll. She just has a little hate in her heart!

How about Dale? I'm sure he put a sour taste in your mouth. He's crap, for now! You're not going to like him....and that's what makes me happy!

Anywho, the chapters in this story are a little shorter than my normal chapters.

Updates are a little different from my other books as well. I'm updating on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

That's all for now!

As usual, let me know what you think!

Bye, bye!

Side note:

Eleanor is freaking gorgeous! Whew! She was originally another girl, but I changed her. She fits the image of Eleanor that I have when I think of her as a character.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 2.7K 28
Book three of the 1 Peter 4:8 series🦋♥️ This book is a sequel to Honeydew. Can be read alone, but it does have references explained in Honeydew. Rea...
15.5K 1.3K 31
When it was settled and sure, He began making all things new. - Haphephobia (haf-uh-FOE-bee-uh) an intense, overwhelming fear of being touched. A re...
135K 5.2K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...