Sneaking in the dark (studen...

By kamillasrl

Anna loves Michael, and he loves her back. A forbidden relationship is all it takes to spin Annabelle's life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 5.1
Chapter 5.2
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 6.2
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 7.2
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 8.2
Chapter 9.1
Chapter 9.2
Chapter 10.1
Chapter 10.2
Chapter 11.1

Chapter 2.2

11.2K 41 4
By kamillasrl

Copyright © 2012 Kamilla

All rights reserved. 

-------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 2.2

"Anna, is that you?'' No mom, it's a completely stranger with the key to the house. God, why does she even ask?

"Yes!'' I yelled back and slipped off my shoes and threw the school bag into the corner in our hallway.

"How was school? You didn't get late did you? You know very well that I don't like it when you stay out for so long and...''

''Mom! I understand, ok? And no, I didn't get late,'' I interrupted her before she got all worked up and start yelling again. I know this routine too well; it's always the same.

"Oh, that's good. I am having an early meeting today, will you be okay alone?'' My mom sent me a worried glance; I think she was more worried about me going out or invite Cameron over, something like that.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm not twelve, mom,'' I watched her face while I spoke, seeing her smile a defeated small smile, before nodding acknowledging. Small wrinkles were visible right beside her eyes when she smiled, but she still looked young. People even thought that we were sisters sometimes. Pfft, were they blind or something? 

Okay then, I could see why. We have our similarities; we both have crystal blue eyes and extremely thick eyelashes - our nose is as straight if you look away from the little arch on the middle that's almost invincible - we've got long, dark hair with big waves in it, something I am very grateful for.

And I can't forget our height; I actually got my height from my mom's side. Even though my dad is pretty tall, it's my mom's family side that has all the tall people in it. Still, I haven't gotten as tall as my mom, yet.

"Okay darling, I'll be leaving son. Dinner is in the fridge and don’t forget to do your homework,'' at the last part she sent me a warning glare.

"Yeah, yeah. I've got it,'' I turned around on my heels and made my way up the stairs towards my room; eventually inside I locked the door and started searching for my phone.

My room is comfortably big; as you can tell my mom is on a lot of meetings all the time and get well paid by the company she is working for. She's a lawyer and has the longest education ever; when I was little I promised myself that I would never study law. It's not that it's a bad thing; it's just that I can't see myself getting all worked up for a career like that. I want to be architecture. I need a grand education to be that - oh well; I'm already taking the hard classes anyway. 

Well, my room has always been painted in this bright beige colour, and last year I decorated everything and changed my furniture so that everything matches. It looks so much better now and I love spending time in my room. 

My phone was under all my dirty clothes on my queen-sized bed, and I smiled in triumph when I found it. I strolled down every name on my contact list, looking for his. It finally came into view and I pressed the green phone button.

"Hello?''

"Michael? It's me,'' it fluttered in my stomach like ice-cold butterflies just by hearing his deep voice, how can somebody be so freaking sexy?

"Are you coming over?'' I rolled my eyes, typical him going straight to the question.

"I can't tonight, I'm really sorry. It's just that my mom wants me to do some homework and you know how she is,''

"I can help you with your homework,'' he assured me, a smile was visible to hear in his voice.

"Right, remember last time? You didn't help me at all,'' I grinned even though he couldn’t see it.

He chuckled and I could imagine his beautiful smile in my mind, I wish I were there with him now. Suddenly he stopped chuckling and it was a short pause where I froze. I gripped the phone harder in my hand, was he angry? Please don't get that freaking mood swing thing again, please Michael. 

"Yeah well, do your homework and be there then. Its fine,'' it was a sharp edge to his voice, but I choose to ignore it this time. I’m tired of being snapped at by others around me, first Cameron then my mom and now Michael. Give me a break! What annoyed me the most was the fact that Michael took yet another 360 and flipped mood the same way I would stroll through channels at the TV. 

"Okay, I'll call you later, bye;'' I didn't wait for his reply, just hung up and threw the phone on my pillow.

It's always likes this, out of nowhere he suddenly gets mad at me, it's not my fault that my mom want me to stay home and do homework. I've learned how to deal with I though, it seems he want me so passive when he is that mood so fine, I'll be like a robot. 

"Typical...'' I muttered under my breath.

Well, I might as well start on my homework.

~

Creak... I froze immediately, my hearing suddenly seemed ten times better and my eyes swept around in the room fast.

Creak... There it was again, a creaking sound, as if someone was walking on some old rusty floor. It was beyond creepy; the sound could have come from the soundtrack to a horror film. 

I spun the chair around so I was facing my door, my hand locked itself around the baseball bat I have standing beside my desk. It was my brother’s, but then he moved out and I got it, luckily for me.

With slightly shaking legs I rose up from my chair, being careful not to make any sound. It could be nothing, or it could be the something really bad out there. Did I forget to lock the door perhaps? My mind accidently flickered to the memory I had of the news earlier today, a girl had been beaten badly in her own home. Fuck! I used a minute to listen after any other sound and when the creaking returned, I mentally prepared myself.

Here we go; I thought and swung open my bedroom door. My bat was lifted above my head and I was ready to swing it at the first thing that moved. Something in my peripheral vision moved slightly and like I was born to do it I whirled around, and swung the bat in head height. My arms shook from the impact, so hard that my teeth rattled like chains being thrown around and I lost the grip on the bat. I realized that it wasn't a person I had hit, but a very hard wall and the sound of the bat hitting the wall had the person screaming.

Fear took over me and I screamed in response, making the other persons scream getting louder, before it stopped completely.   

Oh no, here it comes. I am going to die or beaten!

"Annabelle! What the hell was that?'' my mother screamed hysterical.

I opened my eyes slowly, met by the sight of my mom looking terrified. Her eyes stood out in shock and she had a hand over her heart, while the other one was at the wall, supporting her. My mind jotted down mentally the fact that my mom's pupils were dilated, oh, not again. Meeting huh? I guess so, but meeting whom? The answer: a crack dealer. 

I felt guilty for almost killing my mom. Who knows, she could have had a heart attack. Okay, maybe not, but seriously, you never know with addicts. Oh god. I was just centimetres away from hitting my mom in the head with a baseball bat!

"Uma, I thought...'' it was like my mind wasn't really working fast enough for my mouth, I had no idea what to tell her.

"You thought what? 'Oh, mom is home. Why not just try to kill her with a baseball bat!' '' My mom sarcastically said, while she spoke she flung her arms wildly around and stomped with her feet. I pressed my lips together, so the laughter inside me would surpass my lips. Still, she saw my struggling with trying not to laugh.

"You think this is funny? How about I try to swing that stupid bat right beside your head! Huh?'' out of the blue she whirled around and stomped her way into the bathroom, leaving me dumfound left in the hallway.

I ran into my room, by the sound of my door closing after me I burst out laughing. That must have been the most hilarious thing in weeks! I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of her face. 

"Wait until Cameron hears about this,'' I chuckled, but stopped when I picked up my phone.

Perhaps she is angry because of my behaviour earlier. She probably doesn't want to talk to me now, I am sure of it.

Great. Can't wait for tomorrow. 

--------------------------------------------------

This is the second part in chapter 2. It's really short, sorry about that. 

~Kamillasrl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622 32 26
Devotion. A word used too often and not enough. Used too freely and to further other purposes when really the utmost love and loyalty is sadly rarely...
41 8 8
An impossible and forbidden love, heartbreaking pasts and a couple that will fight against all odds to stay together. Jack and Scarlett are reunited...
603K 13.6K 33
{ COMPLETED } Becky is Popular young carefree and beautiful. She starts off Her senior year as fabulous as ever. That is until Mr.Parker The new Engl...
472K 11.7K 40
Sarah has a new teacher, Mr Hills. Her ex gym trainer. The one she used to crush on, two years prior. He's a conceited jerk, and that's what trigge...