The Fighter

Bởi HollyHanson5

McKenna Jones, an 18 year old underground Street Fighter. She spent her Friday nights fighting, and her days... Xem Thêm

1- Leaving Russia
2- Getting settled in
3- School
4- Friday night
5- You smiled
6- Everyone knows
8- Fight night
9- The Hayes house
10- Confronting Laura
11- Hammer
12-The house that broke me
13- Nick & Kenna
14- A possible lead
15- Mark
16- Punish me
17- I don't care what anybody thinks
18- Happy New Year
19- Snakes
20- Birthday party
21- Epic
22- Graduation
23- Happy

7- Ms. Kay's diner

12.4K 360 107
Bởi HollyHanson5

Kenna's P.O.V.

It was Saturday night. I did a vicious workout today, plus I had my monthly friend here, so I really didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight. I went into my room and changed out of my sweats.

I walked into the living room, "Are you guys hungry yet? I was thinking we could go to that diner that had those yummy croissants we had."

"Yes, those were sooo yummy." Aubrey beamed.

I know where she gets the love of pastries from. She's definitely my mini me.

"Perfect, because mommy really doesn't want to cook tonight. Come on Mason, hurry up... We're starrrrrrrving." I teased him, and ruffled his hair.

We got in my car and headed to Kay's diner.

I pulled upfront, and there were two guys sitting outside smoking.

"Mommy, they look scary." Aubrey trembled.

"Honey, I'm sure they're just here to get some food like we are. I wished you could see, not everyone is a monster. Can we try and go in, please?"

"Okay." She whispered, hesitantly.

"Plus, if they try anything... Mommy will kick their asses. Deal?"

Mason busted out laughing. Aubrey joined in a few seconds later with her cute little giggle.

"Deal." Aubrey laughed, shaking my hand.

I got out and grabbed Aubrey. She wrapped her legs around my waist, wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face in my neck.

"I physically can't breathe, sweetheart." I choked out.

She let go a little and I reached down and grabbed Mason's hand. We walked past the two men without any troubles.

When we got inside, I was headed to the front when Mason pulled my arm.

"Ummmm, Mommy?" He nodded towards my left side.

I turned, there were nine men sitting in the corner, including Nick, Joe, Mike and Blake.

Well, Crap.

"Aubrey, sweetheart I need to tell you something. There's a lot more guys in here than I thought. Will you be okay? I go to school with four of those guys, I promise you they aren't bad."

She picked her head up and looked. Her eyes got wide and buried her face back in my neck.

"Just go get me food, please." Aubrey said, in a muffled tone.

I looked back over at Nick, he's still staring at me. His eyes, traveling my body. No doubt he can see most of my tattoos. I didn't realize Mason let go of my hand and went up at the counter.

"Mommmmmmmmy, look.... They have PIE." Mason squealed.

Aubrey lifted up her head. "What kind?"

"Let's go check." I said, kissing her cheek.

"It's you!" Kay exclaimed, as she came out of the back.

She came around the corner and gave me a big hug. "How are you dear? Do you know how silly I feel, I didn't even get your name that night."

"Hi, Ms. Kay. It's McKenna. I'm good, was everything okay after I left that night?"

"Oh yes, everything was taken care of. He won't be bothering me again." She smiled.

That was strange. I wonder what she meant? Is he in jail?

"Aubrey, they have muffins too. Let go of Mommy and get over here." Mason demanded.

"Mommy?" Kay looked at me confused. She regained her composure and smiled at me. She went back behind the counter.

"Did you like those croissants your Mommy brought home?"

"Oh my gosh, they were so delicious." Aubrey gloated.

"I probably could have eaten ten of them." Mason laughed.

"We're here to get more of that stuff but first, we need to eat supper. We'll get three cups of your chicken noodle soup, two grilled cheeses, a BLT, two milks and a water, please."

She placed the order in the back and I ordered a few more of those croissants, three apple muffins, and a strawberry cheesecake pie.

I went to hand her money but she wouldn't take it.

"Honey, I owe you so much for what you did for me. I insist, it's all yours."

"I can't take all of this. I won't!"

"Is your mommy always so stubborn?"

The kids started laughing, "Yes."

"Oh really?" I started to tickle them.

"Go sit down, I'm not taking your money, I'll bring it out to you shortly." Kay ordered.

When she went to grab a bag for our things we were taking home. I placed fifty on the cash register and turned around quickly to grab a table.

I could still feel Nick's eyes on me, actually I felt a lot of eyes on me, but Nick's is the only one I care about. I looked over at Nick, I gave him a small smile and he winked at me.

We sat down and I was finally able to get Aubrey to sit in her chair in between Mason and I.

"Mommy, there's a very painted man looking at us." Mason mumbled.

I looked over at Nick's table, and Nick looked away instantly. All the guys started laughing and hitting his shoulder. This made me smile a little. Maybe Olivia was right, maybe he does have a thing for me.

"Can you make us paper airplanes with these?" Mason asked, lifting up the throw away placemats.

"If I make you one, you cannot fly them in here... Understand?"

"Okay. I promise, I won't." Mason added.

I was folding the airplanes when I heard the boys joking around at the table. Aubrey was getting a little anxious, fiddling with her fingers. I leaned over and gave her five kisses and wink, letting her know I was still here and everything's okay.

I finished folding the planes, handing them to the kids. Our food came, Ms. Kay placed the bag on our table which contained our other goodies.

We started to eat, when Mason reached to grab a piece of bacon off my sandwich.

I hit his hand with my crackers, "Don't you dare touch my bacon."

"Mom, you always say it's nice to share." Mason argued.

Damnit!

I took it out and split it in half. I handed both kids one of the halves. I raised my eyebrow, at Mason.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Very." Mason said, with a big grin on his face.

"Good, now the rest is mine!"

Half way through Mason started playing with the plane while taking a bit of his sandwich.

"Please, make sure you don't let that go." I warned.

"I won't!" Mason whined.

A few minutes later, I looked up and Mason had the biggest eyes, looking straight at his plate. I was looking around and noticed his airplane was missing... Looking around I saw the airplane sitting straight up in Nick's pop.

I looked up and groaned, "I told you not to fly it in here, now we have to go apologize."

"WHAT?" Mason screeched.

"Come on."

"But, Mom.... I didn't mean to." Mason argued.

"I know you didn't mean to, but it still happened."

Aubrey started to giggle, "I'm so glad I didn't do that!"

I looked at her and smiled, "Stay here, we will be right back."

She nodded and I grabbed Masons' hand. We went and ordered Nick a new pop and I placed a few dollars down. I grabbed his new pop, and we walked over there.

I placed Nick's new pop down, I cleared my throat and eyed Mason.

Mason mumbled, "Sorry."

"Well that was the crappiest apology I have ever heard. Try it again." I challenged Mason.

"I'm sorry Mr. I didn't mean to let my airplane go. My hands were slippery from my sandwich and it just flew, right out of my hands."

Nick smiled and chuckled, "It's okay, kid. I actually thought it flew pretty awesome."

"I know..." Masons' hands flew up in the air all excited. "I didn't want to say that," he pointed at me, "I don't think Mommy would have agreed." He whispered.

"You better watch it because if you don't, I'll eat your piece of pie when we get home."

Mason put his hands on his hips and cocked his head to the side, "I don't think you will, otherwise the horrible workout that makes you all sweaty, and the run this morning would have been for nothing."

"Go sit down, and finish your food. Leave your sister's plane alone too." I said, pushing him to his chair.

Mason left and I turned toward the very intimidating table of men. The guys that we're outside smoking when we got here, we're now also sitting at this table.

Nick was still smiling, "Cute kid, actually they're both really cute."

"Yeah, they are. Mason's a little handful, and way too smart for his own good, but."

Nick was staring in my eyes again. I don't know what he is doing, but it's definitely affecting me. He still has the smile on his face as we stare at each other.

"There's that smile again, Nick. You should wear it more often... It looks good on you." I said, honestly. "Anyways, I'll let you boys be. Sorry again for Mason."

With that I turned away, and I heard a bunch of the guys teasing him. The kids and I finished our meal and looked in our bag we were taking home. Ms. Kay put the fifty in the bag.

What a stinker.

I grabbed the fifty out and put it on our table.

"Bye McKenna, stop by again soon!" Ms. Kay said, waving goodbye.

"Bye, Ms. Kay." I replied.

"Bye, Ms. Kayyyy." Both Mason and Aubrey yelled, as we waved goodbye.

I looked at Nick one last time, before heading out.

****

Nick's P.O.V.

We got to my mom's diner and ordered some food. We were all sitting down talking when Blake interrupted me.

"Holy shit Nick, look who just pulled up." He said, pointing behind me.

It was Kenna. I watched as she got out, she had the sexiest little shorts on that showed off her nice legs and her toned ass. The little girl she had with her looked scared. She wrapped herself up in Kenna's neck as they walked in.

She noticed us, and probably noticed me checking her out. She has a few tattoos I didn't know she had.

She walked to the counter, and my mom came out.

"How does your mom know Kenna?" Joe questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, I watched as they hugged and talked with each other. My mom wasn't going to take any of her money?

I watched her as she walked to the table with her kids. All my guys were also checking her out. I mean who wouldn't, but it was pissing me off.

"Who the fuck is that? God damn that woman is fine." One of my guys groaned.

"I would shut up, that would be Nick's girl." Joe warned.

"She is not, knock it off." I whispered.

"So... I can go ask her out, right now?" Joe challenged me.

"If you want to die." I hissed, I was still looking at her, but when she made eye contact with me I looked away.

They all started hitting and teasing me.

"Fucking pricks." I hissed.

I watched as she played and talked with her kids. She was so young when she had them. She said she was single, so maybe dad isn't in the picture. I just hope she wasn't raped.

The little boy's airplane landed in my drink. Normally that would have pissed me off, but I'll allow it. It took Kenna a few minutes to realize what had happened. I'm not even surprised she had him apologize. She's a really great mom, and those kids are very well behaved. Hell, my mother would have done the same thing.

Kenna seems to really like when I smile. She's brought it up three times now. Unfortunately, this time it was in front of the guys. The way she looks at me when she talks about my smile makes my heart beat faster.

Now she's gone, and the boys are really teasing me.

"There's that smile again." Mike said, in the girliest voice he could.

"Hey dip shit... How's your arm that Kenna almost rearranged?" I growled.

"Wait, that was her?" One of my other guys asked, laughing and tapping Mike on his back.

My mom walked over, "What's so funny, boys?"

"How do you know, Kenna?" I asked.

"That's the girl that knocked out Kent."

"WHAT?" I looked at the other guys in disbelief.

"Yeah, that was her. Pretty little thing, isn't she?"

"She's pretty alright, and also the girl at our school your son has a giant crush on." Joe teased.

My mom sat down, "That's her? Ohhhh what are the odds? Just so you know... I highly approve of that one!"

"Mom?"

"I'm just saying, I didn't know she had kids though? Gosh, she had to have had them when she was twelve maybe thirteen?Anyways, I better get back to work. You should have her over for dinner sometime."

"Mom, please."

She smiled and walked away.

I looked over because Mom was talking to herself.

"Mom? What's wrong?"

"She is such a stubborn girl. Look..." She held up a fifty. "I told her I didn't want anything and she still tried giving it to me. Okay... Get up, and deliver this to her please."

"I don't know where she lives." I argued.

"Well then you better hurry because she's just pulling away."

I groaned and got up. I actually didn't care, I love seeing her.

My boys and I jump into my car and we follow her. She actually lives in a nice neighborhood, and her apartment is decent looking. I wonder how she stumbled upon my mom's diner?

Getting out, I leave the guys in the car.

I knocked on her door.

She opened the door and leaned against the frame, "Are you stalking me?"

"Yes."

She giggled.

God she's fucking beautiful.

"Actually, my mom wanted me to give you back this," I said, lifting up the fifty in-between my fingers.

"Ms. Kay's your mom?"

I nodded. I tried not to smile, but she made me want to.

"Huh, I wasn't expecting that." She giggled again.

"Anyways, I better get going before the knuckleheads in the car come out too. Nice tattoos by the way."

Her smile grew even more.

"Bye Kenna."

"See you later, Nick."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

109K 6.2K 59
Anne is a couple months away from turning eighteen and is always left alone, since her mom and her mom's boyfriend are always gone on mostly business...
2.4M 71K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
979 9 51
▪︎trigger warning▪︎ - fighting - mentions of death - strong language - mature themes - booze/drinking - mentions of suicide - mentions of abuse ...
30.1K 1.2K 50
No. 1 in #Cagefighter 06/20/19 "You don't understand. I know a lot of bad people, Dani. People that will try to hurt me by hurting the people I care...