Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

33

8.5K 240 135
By fallingheartsxx

I just finished my statistics homework and almost kind of know what's going on! Therefore here's an update to celebrate lmao Please keep in mind also that I'll be doing some time jumps to get to where I want to be

...

Amelia

It's later in the day and I huff as I lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling while some random show plays on the television. I'm absolutely exhausted. I haven't been sleeping well without Harry home and it's become a real struggle while he's away on tour. Sure we talk all the time whether it's through text, a call, or FaceTime but it's not the same as having him here physically. I miss his touch and I've grown so used to cuddling with him until I can lull myself to sleep. 

I sigh dramatically while I continue to just stare into nothingness. This isn't how I should be spending my birthday but there's nothing else to do. I got breakfast with my family earlier, then I went out with Christian, Suzie, and Raven for lunch. I wasn't exactly hungry but I was happy to spend some time with them. It brought some normalcy back to my plain life. I was also excited to have some company since I've been alone recently, locked up in the apartment while I work on my novel. 

My phone rings for seemingly the hundredth time today and I groan before picking it up off the bed to see who's calling me. 

 - Harry Styles the Sexiest Man Alive 🍆🔥  is calling... -

I roll my eyes at the name he put in for himself and answer the call. 

"Hi, Harry," I greet him for the second time today. He called at some ungodly hour this morning to wish me a happy birthday but I can't think of why he would call me now, especially with the time difference of him being in London. 

"Babe, can you do me a favor?" he asks, his voice slightly mumbled. 

"Hmm depends what it is," I tease him. 

"Can you go into the kitchen and see if we have any of those Swiss chocolates stowed away in the sweets cabinet? It's an emergency," 

I giggle. 

"Harry, if this is what your version of an emergency is then I don't want to know what you would say if something dire were to actually happen..." I tell him, earning a laugh on his end. 

"Please? I want to pick some up when I go out later but I forget if I like the blue or the gold packaging," he presses. I imagine him pouting right now as well in an attempt to sway me even though I can't see him. 

"I believe you like the blue because you said the gold is 'too sweet' but yes, I'll check for you. Hold, please," I say to him. 

I keep the phone pressed to my ear as I stand up from the bed and pad over to the door. I then swing it open and walk down the hallway to the kitchen. Movement on Harry's line of the phone catches my ear causing me to furrow my eyebrows, but it all clicks into place when I walk into the kitchen and see him standing there on the phone, grinning at me. 

My eyes widen at the sight of him and I nearly drop my phone. He's supposed to be in London right now. I wasn't supposed to see him for another few weeks. 

My brain finally processes his arrival and I swiftly throw my phone down onto the counter and run into his arms. He laughs as I wrap my body around him, my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. His hands rest on my underside to keep me up and he nuzzles his face into my neck as I hug him. 

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in London. You have a show tomorrow!" I exclaim. 

"I know, love, but I couldn't not see you on your birthday. It was eating me alive so I booked a private plane. I know, I know, it's not great for the environment but I had to make an exception so I could see you and make it make to London in time for my next show," Harry explains. 

I pull away from him and feverishly press my lips against his. Maybe it's my hormones lately, but I've been absolute craving him and I feel it surfacing again quickly. My tongue slips into Harry's mouth and he eagerly meets it with his own, clearly feeling the same way I am. But before we can go any further, which I am itching to do, Harry pulls away causing me to frown. 

"Don't frown, baby," He tells me with a soft smile. "I just want to give you your birthday present before we get to the good stuff," he adds with a wink. 

He puts me down on the ground and being the nosey person I am, I crane my neck when he begins rummaging through his carry on luggage in an attempt to catch a glimpse at the present he brought home for me. 

"Go sit inside. I'll bring it into you," Harry orders me. 

I whine, causing Harry to chuckle, but I comply nonetheless and walk into the living room. I plop down on the couch and wait for a couple of minutes before Harry comes to join me. In his hands is a small, black box and I swear I nearly shit myself or have a stroke at the sight of it. 

"It's not what it looks like," Harry nervously tells me. I sit up straighter as he joins me on the couch, his hands shaking a bit as he fumbles around with the small box. "I don't know if you'll like it...it's fucking stupid and cheesy as hell but I liked it and I don't know, I want to do all the cheesy and romantic things with you because I love you,"

Harry opens the box and reveals two rings: a larger and a smaller one. The larger one has a thick, silver band and a small heart shape is cut out of it. The smaller one is somewhat similar, but has a thin, silver band and a diamond heart on top. Upon further inspection they look like they go together - like the heart on the smaller ring fits in the cut out of the larger ring. 

"They're promise rings, and before you start, I know. It's bloody cliché but I chose to have these made for us for a couple different reasons," Harry anxiously tells me. He looks at me with wide, green eyes. "The first is that I know it's hard with me being on tour. I miss you like crazy and I thought it would be nice to have matching jewelry just as a constant reminder that we're always there for each other. 

"The second kind of bounces off of that. I wanted them as a reminder that we'll always be there for each other not just while I'm on tour, but in general. I can't even begin to express how much I love you and how much you mean to me. I'm not proposing right now but one day I'd like to if you would and these rings are just a reminder that although we're not betrothed, as my mum likes to say, we still belong to each other. I know we don't need jewelry to prove that but - I don't know - I liked them and I - uh - thought you would - "

I cut Harry off by leaning forward and cupping his face before gently pressing my lips to his. He breathes a sigh of relief and reciprocates the kiss for a brief moment before I pull away. 

"I love them," I tell him honestly, my eyes glossy from his small speech. "I really fucking do. And I love you, too," 

Harry visibly relaxes and smiles to himself. He gently sets the small box down on the couch between us and takes out the smaller of the two rings. Taking my right hand in his own, he slides the ring on my ring finger and grins when he sees it fits. 

"I stole one of your rings a little while back," Harry admits as he slips on his own ring. "You know, the one with the flower on it? Yeah, I have it," 

Harry's words hardly register in my brain as I giddily stare at the sparkly ring on my finger. Marriage had seldom crossed my mind, but sitting here with Harry now I realize just how badly I want it. I agree that waiting is best since we're both young and barely in our twenties, but I don't see a future with anyone else. Harry is it for me. 

It's funny how scared I used to be of falling in love. The fear still lingers in my mind but I'm at a good place in my life at the moment. I trust Harry with my whole heart and I never thought I could love someone as much as I do him. 

I want to marry him. 

I want a future with him. 

I want kids with him. 

I want to grow old with him. 

"Amelia?" Harry asks me, softly. "Why are you crying? Do you not - did I make a mistake?"

I shake my head and frantically wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I didn't even realize I was crying. 

"No, it's not that," I tell him. "I just love you more than I thought humanly possible and hearing you say all that just makes me so happy," 

I cover my face with my hands when I start crying again. I can't believe how sappy I am right now. It's embarrassing but when I feel Harry shift on the couch and wrap me in his arms, it comforts me. 

"Are you going to cry like this when I actually propose?" Harry teases me. 

I sniffle. 

"Probably," I laugh. "I'll be a fucking wreck. You've turned me into a sap," 

Harry pulls me close to him and I find myself nestling into his body. It takes a little bit but much to my relief, my crying eventually subsides. I'm still overwhelmed with love and happiness but I'm glad that the tears at least stopped. When did I turn into such a crier?

"Thank you, Harry," I whisper, after we sit in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes. "I love your cheesy and cliché gift. And I love how you flew all the way out to surprise me. You're going to be absolutely exhausted tomorrow,"

I feel Harry shrug as he continues to hold me. 

"Putting a smile on your face is worth it," he tell me, his voice barely a whisper. "Happy birthday, love bug,"

I smile at the pet name I've grown to adore. 

"I love you," I tell him. 

"I love you, too," he says. "For eternity,"

...

Short but SOFT. I was in a good mood lol

Also I forgot to tell you guys but I got a Harry tattoo recently and I'm in love. It says "we'll be alright" in a flower stem and I just 🥺🥺 I also want a Two Ghosts tattoo. I keep seeing the CUTEST ghost tattoos where two of them hold hands and one has Harry's heart sunglasses 😭 if anyone wants pictures lmk and we can fangirl over them together

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 4.2K 60
PREVIOUSLY NAMED "TENSION" ~Nothing is louder than the silence between two people who used to be so in love with each other~ • • • In her first year...
159K 2.4K 52
Harry Styles is the best british boxer of his genaration. He has everything everyone could ever desire: money, fame, girls. But his life isn't as per...
1M 33.9K 33
His eyes could ruin someone with a single look. Her smile could cure the loneliest heart. ☓ All Rights Reserved 2018
1.7M 33.9K 41
"They say insanity is trying the same thing but expecting something new" - Anson Seabra. SEQUEL TO STYLIST El kept telling him it was only meant to b...