Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)

58 3 8
By NurainiSalleh

Hi guys! so its been a while since my last chapter so this will give you lots of drama, be prepared!

I reached 1.4k the past few days and I would like to say thanks to all of you who have continued reading my story. love you all and I hope you like this special chapter

Now let the reading begin!

Ryder's POV

I felt bad for Aurora today, she didn't deserve all of this and it happens quite often. To be honest it was quite weird lately, strange things have been happening to the school and even in the packs recently. I know that most of the elderls don't accept me for my 'unfortunate' mixed background but there was something they weren't telling me and I needed to find out.

I went and asked someone I knew who had some answers but I could only meet him at the pack house since he was busy with work. I approached him when we were both alone in the pack house.

"Hi Kyle, man, how are you?" I said trying not to be too suspicious.

"What do you want Ryder?" he said looking restless.

"What?! I can't talk to my favourite cousin?" I grin at him

"Ryder, if you want to ask me something please just ask me. Don't beat around the bush." He said to me.

"Okay, why everyone is more secretive lately, especially the council? What's going on? And please don't leave anything out."

"Isn't' that better, asking me," he said patting my shoulder. "There is a rumour among the elders and adults that rogues have infiltrated the area, they are afraid that they might be encouraged and recruit others to go against the pack, it happened in a school nearby ours and what we heard the victim said to the council and leaders were "they were so nice and they were so friendly, I thought I could trust them.'Makes you think about who we really can trust right now."

"What about those kids that were recruited by them?" I asked them.

"Safe in their respective packs and families. Luckily their parents were sceptical about their whereabouts but they were shocked that their children's newfound friend was working with the rouges. Ryder, please be careful." He said to me.

"I know Kyle, ever since what the rouges almost did to Brooklyn... kidnapping her, I never trust rouges," I replied to him. I know why he wants me to be so careful but also I know he doesn't want me to be even near them.

Rouges are werepeople who go against the society that is in the Mythical Kingdom, they want to overthrow our leaders and think they could do better. There were even rumours that rogues were the ones that killed Queen Isabella and her daughter that night but there was no evidence that they did. No dust, no prints, nothing, it was like Queen Isabella vanished.

I don't hate rouge cubs, they don't know better but I do hate grown rogues. Especially the ones that tried to take away Brooklyn from us. I still remember that day clearly as if it was still fresh in my mind, me and Brooklyn were just playing in the woods happily. We played adventure games to see who was more daring enough to do tasks such as climbing trees, running fast, racing, playing around and jumping.

That evening when the sun was about to go down, I asked Brooklyn to come back home quickly as it was getting dark. She said I was chicken because I was afraid of the dark, but I wish that I would have been stronger and more mature to pull her out of the forest instead I just kept arguing with her like a child even though I was.

A bunch of rouges such as werepeople and other Mythical creatures came out of the bushes and we were both caught off guard i was only 10 that day and Brooklyn was 9, i was too weak to hold them off and one of the rogues used a plant to paralyse me while I see my little sister be taken away from me, I cried and cried asking, begging them not to take her. They just laughed at me.

The moon was full and I felt my white fur sparkle suddenly my growls became louder which shocked the rogues which also alerted Mom and Dad. They also alerted the guards and all of the rogues were captured that night mom and Dad took Brooklyn and me to the healers to help us with the situation we were in. I was unparalysed but the trauma Brooklyn and I had experienced was never cured, we were helpless and we didn't know what to do if my new echo growl wasn't there to save us that day. That was also the day I trained my butt off sun up to sun down to protect my siblings, my family, the people I love and the pack. I need to protect them all.

"So Ryder, I wanted to ask you something as well?" He looked at me nervously but I gave him a curious look on my face.

"What's up?" I asked him.

He then slowly took a box out of his pocket. "You see...." he then opened the box and a diamond ring was inside.

"Man.... are you going to propose to Miss Lily!'' I asked him and he nodded happily at me. "Congrats, man!"

"Yeah, real soon. Maybe in a few days or so, I didn't figure out the perfect way to propose to her yet. I still need to ask her dad's permission and I need to think of the scenery I would like to propose to her in and maybe the wedding dates....." he said spiralling.

"Woah, woah man, I think wedding dates and all that can come after you propose to her and you're a great guy, her parents would love you. And I don't think it matters how extravagant the scenery is when you do it, you should propose to her when the moment is right and what you think that would make it memorable. It could be at home or maybe in a restaurant. The most important thing is the person you are proposing to and the love you have for each other, not how you propose. You love her and she loves you, she will say yes."

He looked at me shocked. "Wow, that is very mature of you to say and you're 16!? When you meet your mate, she will be one grateful girl hearing that all coming out of your mouth," he said, putting his ring back in his pocket.

"Yeah, well Dad was the one that said that to me when I was younger. He told me that so when I find my mate I know what's more important, which is her." I explained to Kyle.

Kyle and I went to join the rest of the pack members for dinner and I got to meet the rest of my family there and my little cousins too. The adults were all talking about adult stuff and of course, asking if I was ready to take the throne when I became an adult myself. This conversation will take the whole night so I just continue my meal and go back home straight after as the next day I need to go to school.

As I came back home, I lay on my bed and was looking at my phone but something was bothering me, the words Kyle said echoed in my mind.

'They were so nice and they were so friendly, I thought I could trust them.'

'Makes you think about who we really can trust right now'

'they were shocked that their children's newfound friend was working with the rouges. Ryder, please be careful.'

'Be careful'

Those words keep spinning in my head like a carousel, those rogues were manipulating those kids and taking advantage of their trust. They could act all nice and sweet but rotten inside, and all the kids didn't even know that their friend was a rogue because they trusted them.

"If It can happen to them, there is a possibility it can happen to....us?" I said out loud

Then I remember something, the fire and the earthquake, the things that happened at school that turned to chaos of rumours and bad reps, it all happened when Aurora came to town.

*No.....nonononono!!!!!!!! It's not true, Aurora can't be a rogue she can't be! She is so sweet and kind and...... that is what those kids said and they got manipulated, Aurora might be a rogue and she might be coming after.......my friends!*

At that moment, I was furious because if Aurora is a rogue, that means she has been lying to us about who she is and what she is. Thinking about it gave me a headache and I kept denying and speculating things, like maybe it was or it wasn't true, that night I had a hard time sleeping.

The Next day

When I woke up today I felt so tired and restless since last night's possible discovery. Only this morning, I decided to just observe Aurora and see if she reacts in any way to my now cold ways.

I came to school late and had to explain to the teacher why I was late, went to my desk which is next to Aurora's and started observing her. She fidgeted a bit when she saw me sit at my desk and started to look nervous and down.

Max: Awww she looks so sad with her head down and her hair covering her face, she looks like a kid. Let's go talk to her.

Ryder: NO! We can't, we need to observe, we can't let our feelings decide in this situation.

Max: What are you talking about? Don't you remember what Sonia's mom said? She is an ally, not an enemy. Why am I the voice of reason here?

Ryder: I know what she said but..... Those kids thought their friend was an ally too but that friend betrayed and manipulated them, I just need to put my guard up and I want you to cooperate with me.

Max: Fine..... But if this backfires on us, it's your fault.

I observe Aurora and it seems pretty normal to me, she is like any other teenager I know. She is listening to the teacher and sometimes looking at her phone scrolling on social media. I was about to act normally towards her but then I saw it, she suddenly was slipping out a book under her desk and it had some sort of writing that seemed like it was from the Mythical Kingdom even the cover looked familiar to me.

I wanted to check it out but the bell rang and she rushed to her next class. I wanted to talk to Max but he beat me to it by speaking first.

Max: Did you see that? It's a Mythical Kingdom book and looks like the basic book. But that means....

Ryder: Aurora is a Mythical creature....but is she a rogue?

Aurora's Pov

I went to my next class quickly not facing Ryder, I felt that he didn't want to be disturbed. It was best if I didn't agitate him by talking to him like I usually do but my body isn't cooperating with me. It started to be heated again and I wanted to cry as well, I don't even know why but it started to hurt me emotionally and physically.

I kept hearing people talk about me and saw all the comments on social media during class and there were more current posts of people talking about me, mostly girls.

During lunch, I saw Ryder and I thought everything was fine but when I put my lunch on the table, he made an excuse to leave. I also noticed that he avoided me, not even glancing at me.

*What did I do wrong?*

My skin then started to feel the heated feeling again, I made an excuse to leave the table and went to the nearest place of solitude, the garden near the cafeteria. I saw a greenhouse and went inside to calm myself down, suddenly falling on my knees trying to control it. I placed my hand on one of the potted plants. In an instant, I felt that the feeling went away little by little and I felt better again.

I went out of the greenhouse and continued eating my lunch and Liam was talking to me about swimming lessons again. And I agreed that we continue another lesson even though all of his fans would hate me even more but somehow Liam's chill attitude makes me feel more calm and his little sister being there also made it feel like I am more comfortable with them being there during the swimming lesson. Being with him makes me feel more calm during this disaster.

The bell rang and I went to my next class which was at a science lab and Kimi was my partner. We were setting up the equipment and one of the girls tripped me when I was holding the beakers. Luckily Kyoya caught me and I was still holding the beakers which were all safe from breaking on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Kyoya asked me and I nodded while standing up and him putting the beakers on my table.

Kimi went up to the girl furiously. "Hey! What is your problem?" she said while pointing a finger at her.

The girl didn't hold back and just went closer to her. "What's your problem, this is none of your business!"

"Oh it is none of your business, Kimi" They started coming closer to each other screaming at each other.

"Enough! From both of you, one more word and you both will be sent to the principal's office. Go back to your seats now!" said our science teacher.

They both went back to their seats while giving each other angry stares, they kept it up throughout the whole lesson. It was the longest angry stare I have ever witnessed. I looked at Kyoya who was at the table behind me and he looked at his sister while shaking his head.

"Aurora, this is normal. It would be best just to ignore them and let them cool from their anger if it's even possible," he said smiling at me.

But the tension was affecting me, this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't caused so much trouble hanging out with them.

*This is my fault, ever since I hung out with them, I always burdened them with all this and I have only been in this school a few months. First, it was Ryder and then Liam, who next Kyoya? Marcus? I should have been invisible and eating in the girl's locker room but If I hadn't been so happy and desperate to make friends. I didn't know how selfish I was for not knowing the consequences that lie behind it. I cause everyone trouble!*

After that last thought, I held the table very tightly and started focusing on the Bunsen burner instead of the heated feeling that came back again. But as fast as it came, it went away again and I was relieved.

"Hey what's going on!" the girl who tripped me said and I looked at her bunsen burner. It went off by itself and then another one in the next table started to go off as well. And then the next table and the next table, the teacher didn't know what to do but was prepared as she took the fire extinguisher close to her.

Eventually, ours went off but the fire blew up to the ceiling and everyone started screaming and I fell off my seat. I looked at Kimi and she wasn't phased by it but as our bunsen burner was still burning and the teacher was having trouble using the extinguisher Kimi held her hands to the fire.

Eventually, the teacher got the extinguisher to work but once Kimi's hands went through the fire there was this purple force field and it went away. I was shocked, I saw Kimi's hands and it was not burned, it were completely unharmed by the fire. It was unbelievable.

"Okay, I think we should postpone this lesson until we know what is wrong with the Bunsen burner. Take out your textbooks and turn to page 50" the teacher said while looking exhausted and looking like she was about to faint.

*WHAT WAS THAT? Did Kimi do that?.... Is she a Mythix like me? Is she? Oh my goodness another Mythix like me.*

I looked at her smiling, I was so excited as there might be another Mythix in this school, who happens to be a girl. She controls and uses a forcefield to stop the fire and she doesn't feel anything or burn! She must be a Mythix. I was planning to ask her after class but I forgot and I thought I'd ask her when I got back home if I could remember it of course.

I just couldn't believe it, another Mythix?! In this school?! What are the odds?

Ryder's Pov

The hours went by fast and once I knew it, school ended. I was walking in the hallways when I heard someone calling out my name.

"Ryder! Wait up!" I looked back and saw Kimi, Sonia, Briar and Mikayla running towards me and pulling me into one of the empty classrooms.

"What is going on?" I asked, looking at Sonia pacing around the room while the rest watched.

Mikayla looked as confused as I was. "I want to know as well."

Sonia finally spoke. "Ryder, what is going on with you?!" my eyes widened when at how angry Sonia looked at me. " Why are you treating Aurora so coldly?"

"I am not -" she cut me off.

"Don't you lie to me! To us! we are your friends! something happened?! What is going on?" Sonia said to me.

"Ryder, please tell us the truth. Did you and Aurora fight?" Briar asked with sad eyes.

I took a deep breath. "Fine..... I heard from my cousin Kyle, you know him." they all nodded. "That rouges were recruiting other Mythical creatures' children to join them."

"What?!" they all shouted.

"Wait, aren't rogues the one that is like a cult or something?" Mikayla asked.

"Not really, they are Mythical creatures who believe they are right and know what's best for all our kind and want to destroy years of peace. They want us to join them and take over everything by using power and dictate everything through force!" Kimi explained

Briar continued. "But of course, the leaders disagreed with this and rejected the idea completely. They got mad and said that the leaders were cowards and when there were cases of Mixed relationships and even halfers they got mad and started making their own decisions and straying away from the society, packs etc." Briar paused. "They say that we are poisoning our kind so that is how rouges started forming here and there. They didn't want to be part of any society that doesn't agree with their views on how we should live."

"Wait, hold on. What does this have to do with Aurora? Do you think-" Sonia then paused for a while to realise something. "Ryder Hunter! Please don't tell me that you think that sweet girl is a rouge. She has been through enough as it is when she started going to this school, don't make it worse by rejecting her."

"I hate to think that way of her but, with the things happening with the rogues coming in and strange things happening who knows maybe this might be a trap so she can convince our friends to join the rogues. I can't let that happen, I can't!" I started to tear up a bit but didn't want to show it to them so I held it in.

"Ryder I know that ever since that day when the rouges tried to take Brooklyn from you it left a big scar in your childhood and you have to be protective of us but you can't just start speculating that everyone might be a rouge."

"Ryder, you know she is my cousin, she's family. Please look into her eyes and see in her, are you sure she is one of them? But are you sure she is even a Mythical creature, to begin with?" Mikayla asked me.

"Well, my mom did say she is on one of us but not in many words. Plus with the different hair colour which could be signs of her being one. There is always a possibility."

"I kind of knew that she might be one of the Mythical creatures but I wasn't sure, now I know." Explained Mikayla.

"I'm sorry but I'm kinda happy she is like we immediately became friends with her and now we know why. She is a Mythical creature who is sweet and nice, that must be why we are so connected with her," said Briar. "Does she know that we are Mythical creatures too?"

"Not sure," I replied.

Kimi suddenly made a sizzling sound. "Well, I think she figured it out, actually more like she figured me out. There was something wrong with the bunsen burner and the science lab almost caught on fire again. So to prevent it, I kinda use my abilities to stop it and she kinda saw me do it when I use my forcefield to stop the fire."

"Oh." All of us said.

"Wait! Stop! We are getting off-topic now. Ryder! Listen to me, my mom said Aurora is an ally, not a threat. Remember that? She is an ally, our friend that we love and care for, please do not destroy the bond we have with her. "You better talk to her Ryder Hunter because she is a good person and doesn't deserve this!"

I looked down at myself and was disappointed that I could have ever doubted Aurora. I think my fears took over me, I think too much about what if but never really seeing what is right in front of me. I hurt her for no reason, Max was right.

After that I went to find Aurora the girls said that she was having a swimming lesson with Liam I immediately went to the school's indoor swimming pool. I needed to apologise to her.

Max: I told you!

Ryder: Yeah, I know you did. I should have listened to you. I need to apologise to her and explain everything.

Once we reached the door to the indoor swimming pool we heard a big splash inside

Max: Wait, what is that big splash I hear?

Ryder: I heard it too.

I quickly opened the door as I was worried but what I saw gave me a burning feeling inside yet made my heart drop. I saw water everywhere but what made my blood boil was that I saw Aurora on top of Liam's lap! Max and I are really angry now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 11 53
"If you try guarding your heart, the doors will burst." After handling a cheating breakup, River knew she was through jumping into 'fast relationshi...
129K 4.5K 28
Tiffany Veyne is an ordinary girl (well she thinks she is). Good grades, she doesn't like school that much, but there is something she does not know...
11.6K 2K 43
"I lied, I am not a vampire... I am something else." Rose, a young girl enters the mysterious town of Scarenville in hopes of escaping her past. Litt...
34.5K 4K 48
Secrets can be Powerful. ...But they can also be Deadly. Unable to weld magic dooms Julia to a life of servitude and drudgery. Desperate to break fre...