The Outcast Wolves

De PJacksonFan01

Omega verse AU Percy Jackson just turned 18. The year that a lot of things happen all at once. 1) He has to... Mais

Transition
First Day in Another Hell
I Didn't Mean to Get in a Fight This Early
This Isn't My Room
The Run
Happy Update!!!
Happiness is a Lie
Confessions Hurt
A Promise Made
A Halloween Surprise
The Morning After
A Camping Trip
Quick update
A Day In The Park
The First Date
Dreams and Nightmares
Thanksgiving At The Jackson's
Shopping
Christmas Miracles
New Year, New Fights
Dark Nights are Dangerous
Thank God For Paul
Dreams With Dad
I'm Alive Again
Waking Up and Making Out
Explanations Are Hard
A Camping Trip Takes A Turn
Coma's Are the Worst
Memories
Recovery
Acceptance
Epilogue

Familiar Green Eyes

644 18 2
De PJacksonFan01

Jason POV

The Wolf.

The wolf with bright green eyes.

The eyes seemed so familiar but I just couldn't place them. When I arrived back at the campsite with all my friends, we decided to get away from everything, I put the fake smile back on and acted along with my friends. When we finally called it a night and went into our tents, I found myself staring at the ceiling and only thinking.

How could the wolf understand me?

I mean I've heard about the people who could also change to wolves but I never thought I would meet one. My father always called them "animals that try to be humans" or "beasts that should be shot down" but I've never thought of them like that. I kinda always wanted to meet one but they always keep it a secret to protect themselves and others.

As I thought about my dilemma my eyes slowly started to close and I soon fell asleep thinking about the wolf with familiar green eyes.

When I did wake up again everyone was still asleep so I found myself walking back to the riverbank. When I arrived I wasn't that surprised when I saw the wolf sitting there. I got a better look at him than last night. I noticed the small amount of white that was at the tip of his ears and his tail. I walked up and sat next to the almost black wolf and he turned his head as if asking the silent question. "I'm fine. I went back and my friends and I just sat and joked around the campfire. It was nice to be with them and out and away from my parents. Not that they would notice unless they were missing their punching bag."

I kept looking ahead and refused to look at the wolf next to me. He nudged my arm and then I finally looked at him. His eyes looked onto mine and I could see every detail. I knew those eyes, but I just couldn't place them. "Can I ask you a question?" He tilted his head and I assumed that was a yes. "Are you one of those people who can change into a wolf? I only ask because you seem so interested in what I'm saying and I don't think a wild wolf would do that." He hesitantly gave a little nod.

"That's cool. I've always wanted to meet someone with such a unique ability. I heard that it is rare to meet someone like you." His ears perked up again and I swear he looked a little relieved. So we sat there with me just rambling and him just listening. After a while, I suddenly asked "So, what am I supposed to call you? I mean, I know you have a name but I don't think you'll tell me that yet. So what should I call you?"

He looked a little confused by the question but I still continued "How about something like Jake?" He shook his head and I came up with another name. "Blackjack?" His tail started wagging and his ears perked up again. "Blackjack it is." We locked eyes again until he broke it by looking towards the bushes. He stood up and slowly walked towards them like he saw or heard something.

Another wolf, one with brownish black fur came out of the bushes. Blackjack stopped and looked at the wolf with a confused glare. Maybe they could talk in some weird wolf language because soon they looked like they were having a conversation with their eyes. The other wolf left and Blackjack turned to look at me and I understood the message. "It's okay. You can leave if you need to. I'm sure this won't be the last time I come here. It was nice to have someone who listened to me." He nudged his head against my hand and then he ran after his friend.

I continued to sit on the river bank to help clear my head. After a few minutes I made my way back to my campsite with my thoughts still on Blackjack. When I got back everyone was still asleep and I just sat on a log around the long dead campfire. I didn't hear someone come up behind me but then he asked "What are you kids doing out here at a time like this?"

I jumped and gave him a confused look. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you kid. I'm just out hunting the impure wolves and found some tracks that came this way. Did you happen to see any?"

I was getting angry because I knew exactly who he was talking about. "No. We didn't see anything last night and I'm the only one awake right now. Sorry."

He shook his head and said "If you ever meet one, don't hesitate to either run or kill it because they won't hesitate to hurt you." He said that then walked away. By this time Leo stuck his head out of the opening of his tent and walked next to me. "What did that guy want?"

"Said something about hunting wolves then gave me the 'kill or be killed advice'. Is that what woke you up?"

He nodded then went back to his tent and I assume he fell back asleep. I went back to staring at dead fire and my only thought was for Blackjack to be safe.

Wherever he was.

Percy POV

The entire night I kept thinking about Jason and what he said on the river bank. How he forced happiness in front of his friends. I barely got any sleep but eventually I just got up and walked towards the river where I had met Jason yesterday. I sat there until I smelt a familiar scent behind me and it pulled me out of my thoughts.

Jason came and sat next to me like I wasn't even a big wolf that could, but would never, hurt him. I turned my head towards him and silently asked if he was okay. Guess he got the message because he said "I'm fine. I went back and my friends and I just sat and joked around the campfire. It was nice to be with them and out and away from my parents. Not that they would notice unless they were missing their punching bag."

I looked at him with sympathy but he refused to look at me. I nudged my head against his arm and our eyes locked on the others. I noticed the shade of his electric blue eyes and if you stared at them long enough you could get lost in them. "Can I ask you a question?"

I gave him a tilt of the head and he asked the question I was dreading. "Are you one of those people who can change into a wolf? I only ask because you seem so interested in what I'm saying and I don't think a wild wolf would do that."

I froze. Should I tell him? What If he hates me after? What if I lose him because he puts the pieces together? I gave him a hesitant nod and was relieved when he said "That's cool. I've always wanted to meet someone with such a unique ability. I heard that it is rare to meet someone like you." He then started talking about random things and I was just sitting by his side listening before he asked me another question that knocked me off guard. "So, what am I supposed to call you? I mean, I know you have a name but I don't think you'll tell me that yet. So what should I call you?"

That told me two things. 1. He didn't know who I was and 2. He cares about trust and respects others. I must have looked confused because he said "How about something like Jake?" I shook my head and then he thought for a second and said "Blackjack?"

I liked it. My tail started wagging and my ears perked up a little more. "Blackjack it is." We locked eyes again until I broke it by looking towards the bushes. I stood up and slowly walked towards the small noise I heard. Nico came out of the bushes and I relaxed but sent him a confused glare and he said 'What are you doing all the way out here and with him?'

'Nothing. We were just talking and it's not like he knows who I am. Anyway, why are you out here?'

'Piper was worried when we all woke up and you weren't anywhere to be seen. We should probably head back. She looked like she would have a heart attack and I picked up a hunter scent on the way here.'

'Okay. I'll meet you guys there in a few minutes. Stay together and change when you know the coast is clear.'

Nico nodded and left then I turned to Jason and he immediately understood. "It's okay. You can leave if you need to. I'm sure this won't be the last time I come here. It was nice to have someone who listened to me." I walked over to him and nudged his hand then I turned and ran after Nico.

On the way back I found the scent Nico was talking about. He was closer than I thought he would be to our campsite. I ran faster and finally arrived back at camp and quickly shifted forms to join my friends.

Piper looked like she was about to murder me but she held her tounge while we packed up the car. I wasn't as lucky when we got into the car and headed back to the city. As the last door shut she turned and looked at me straight in the eye.

"I can't believe you ran off again. What if something happened to you? What would we do? What would your mom say? We are supposed to stay together, or at least tell each other where we are going before we just run off. Perce, you have to be more careful. There was a hunter out there. If he saw you he probably wouldn't hesitate to shoot you."

By this time I was staring out the window thinking about how different my life could be if I wasn't part wolf. However, at the same time I couldn't ask for a better connection to my friends. The rest of the car ride was silent, everyone too scared to anger Pipes even more, and we soon arrived back into the city.

I was still thinking about Jason and everything he told me by the river. I'd have to wait until he opened up to me as Percy before I could help him any and it didn't look like he was going to open up anytime soon.

------------------------

Hello Readers. Long time no updates. I'm sorry about the long wait time. I have been stressed about school and have been exhausted by  the time I'm done worrying about it.

I'll try to get updates out more frequently and not leave you guys hanging.

I have a question for you guys, Would you like a clarification chapter? It would include all of the characters descriptions, backstories, and other information that you would need to know all in one easy location. If so comment and I can do a part for it.

I don't own any of the characters. That honor is all Uncle Rick's. Any similarities to other stories are completely unintentional. I don't own the picture above either.

💖Addi

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.1K 47 10
i) yes the title is intentional ii) just the stuff that pops into my brain so i write it down iii) i take suggestions on headcanons and one shits yo...
18K 1.7K 72
ᴀɴɴᴀʙᴇᴛʜ ɪꜱ ɪɴᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴛ. She's living the life. No, she doesn't work at the architecture firm of her dreams, or any architecture firm, and she hasn't...
103K 1.3K 45
Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Will, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie and were one massive friend group at their Eagle Mountain College and Highsch...
4K 99 28
❛As the sun kissed the sea...their bodies melted into each other's❜ A story in which two troubled souls find safety in each other. Andromeda 'Andie'...