CODE 13430 | MYG

By cyphoric

❝Fucking rearrange it, Yoongi! I swear we'll get some new shit!❞ That same number... 𝟭𝟯𝟰𝟯𝟬 Another murde... More

D I S C L A I M E R
P R O L O G U E
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷| You aren't free
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸| Still orbiting you
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹| This is all for you
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟺| Mysteries of untold words
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟻| My misunderstood words
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟼| In the depth of darkness
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟽| Sending you...
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟾| The days will be over
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟿| Never leave me alone!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟢| Our goodbye is colourless
I N T E R L O G U E
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟷| He violated what?!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟸| It's in their hands
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟹| Going with the Plan
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟺| Just a number...?!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟻| Come back from unseen
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟼| Just a color change
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟽| Impossible facade
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟾| Darkness is the stalker
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟿| Life is a joke
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟢| Like a shadow
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟷| DΓ©jΓ  vu & untold truths
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟸| Cold war
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟹| Is he really Haneul?
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟺| The postmortem report
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟼| Hidden in the Forbidden
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟽| To make things right
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟾| Puzzles and Theories
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟿| He's not Him
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟢| In search of the Dentist
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟷| A long night
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟸| The brewing storm

ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟻| Step in the forbidden

251 33 127
By cyphoric

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

| 𝟶𝟽.𝟶𝟼.𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶 |

| 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚕; 𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶:𝟷𝟺 𝙰𝙼 |

"I'm still not getting it. Why in the hell are we heading there, this dental hospital or whatever?! Mr. Chang didn't even die in there and Suga hyung asked us to go to the murder site!"

Hoseok kept on rambling about while sitting on the back seat when Jungkook was trying to cool him down. Taehyung was always in charge of driving and Namjoon guiding him with the location.

Knowing no other option is left, Namjoon gave a frustrated sigh before snapping at Hoseok's face, "We searched everything in the place where he died idiot! JUST EVERY FUCKING THING! Then what's the point in going there when there's nothing to find even?! Besides Yoongi only asked us to go to that place, he found something related to that dentist in that hospital."

Seriously, two days have already passed and right now the only progress they made towards the case is just that they know that the murderer is the same for the last two cases they were handling without any proper proof but just the number...

13430

Pausing for moments, as the thing kept on loading in his mind Hoseok said, "Okay...BUT- You just not called me idiot, right?"

"Oh, I did. Your ears caught that right."

"YOU-"

"Hyung calm down...calm down. Look, Suga hyung just messaged me." Jungkook stopped them while staring at his phone screen. When Hoseok decided to peek from beside him.

"What is he saying now?" Both Namjoon and Hoseok asked in unison, making Jungkook all baffled when Taehyung kept on suppressing his laughter.

"Look. Now he started to copy me-"

"Hey! Who wants to copy a nerd like you?! You're copying me!"

"Why you-"

"No need to come to the hospital. I've reached here already. Send them to Mr. Chang's office to help Youngdo hyung there and you head back to our office and go to the forensic department. Jin hyung will give you some papers. Collect them and wait for us in the meeting room. But don't dare to touch my laptop." Jungkook read out the whole message sent by Yoongi as loud as he can just to stop the two bickering hyungs in the car.

They already got into traffic and Taehyung was just enjoying the drama while waiting for the traffic to clear. After hearing the whole message he asked while looking at them, "So?"

"I guess I'll leave the car then," Jungkook said while shoving his mobile inside his ripped denim pocket.

"How will you get there? I can drop you before we visit his office-"

Before Taehyung could finish Jungkook was already out of the car. He came in front of Taehyung's window and said with a smile, "I'll just take a cab just in case. Don't worry, Tae."

"Okay." Taehyung nodded while flashing a boxy grin at him before he left.

But by all this time the two hyungs were looking at them with suspicious eyes and they trapped them with dozens of questions as soon the maknae, aka Jungkook left.

"Since when this started?" Hoseok asked while supporting his arms on the front seats and leaning front. His left eyebrow forming a curve and giving an intimidating look all over.

"What...this...you're talking about?"

"Him calling you by your name- well- actually by a nickname. Aren't you older than him?" Namjoon stated as he looked from above his specs like a strict dean of a school.

"Yeah...but he loves to address me that way and I'm okay with that. Is there any problem with that?" Taehyung's tone was saying it all. It was more confident than ever and he wanted it to be. But the daring stare contest was still on, which made him frown. "What?"

Both came to their senses and cleared their throat before turning their gazes away from each other.

Full awkward. Oof!

»«»«»«»«»«

DYNAMIC SMILE DENTAL HOSPITAL

The big building of the clinic stood proudly along with other hospitals in Samcheong, which can be considered as another hospital in the troop. It's a private clinic but there're places for students and other doctors to practice as well.

After taking a deep breath, Yoongi went inside the building.

It's not that busy as you can find in any hospital in Seoul, but not too quiet also. Which is just perfect for him to proceed with his work. Without wasting any time he took his feet towards the reception lady who was busy talking with someone on the phone.

"Yes,sir...no no I'll remember. Okay, sir...okay sir. Okay." Yoongi was waiting for the call to end as soon as it did, the lady asked him with a smile, "How can I help you, sir?"

"Uhm...can you perhaps let me meet Dr. Hong? It's very urgent." Yoongi returned the smile.

Her demeanor changed into a frown all of a sudden, which didn't go unnoticed by him. She asked softly, "Did you make an appointment for a long time now?"

"Why- why do you ask that?"

Yoongi's eyes narrowed in suspicion when the lady leaned a bit closer and said, "Actually Dr. Hong is not coming to the clinic for days now. And none of us got any updates about him after we last saw him here."

"Why no one tried to contact him?"

"See we're just staff members...our chairman never tried to dig any further then why should we?" The lady said as softly as she can so that the walls can't even hear her words.

Yoongi nodded and asked, "I would like to meet the chairman then."

"But-"

"Just mention that Officer Do Jae Hwa sent me."

She nodded slightly and said, "Okay..."

»«»«»«»«»«

Known streets kept on passing by them, as the lingering feelings attacked her emotions. Memories of her sophomore year of college made her lips curl at the corners, when she came to Seoul with her uncle and cousin after her father's incident happened.

Life wasn't easy after all that happened, but the presence of those two was a blessing for her at that time to deal with her wrecked emotions. They had always made her feel at home and happy despite the bitter situations they faced for Dr. Bae's actions.

And those moments are worth to keep in her heart and live on without them.

"You smiling?" Haneul asked with a smile on his face from beside her which made her to shook her head and wear a normal expression back.

"Nope."

"Hmm...I was about to get happy thinking of the fact that you actually got back your memories after seeing the old scenery again." He settled back with his snacks and phone as they kept on travelling by bus.

Haeun looked at him and said, "That's not that easy as you think idiot. Look-" She pointed at her head and continued, "it hurts here whenever I try to push myself and it was never worth a try, and you know that very well."

"I'm not forcing though", he held his hands up in defense with a smile.

"Yeah yeah...I know...", she faked a smile while nodding and turned her head to look back at the passing scenery from the window. She sighed.

But I've to force myself, Haneul. I've to.

»«»«»«»«»«

| 𝟷𝟷:𝟶𝟹:𝟷𝟶 𝙰𝙼 |

"So you're saying that Dr. Hong's nurse should've been there to check up on him every day but he was the one who used to show up?"

"Yes sir." The PA nodded in agreement with Namjoon's question.

"Didn't he give any reason as to why he's coming but not his nurse?" Youngdo asked making everyone's attention fall on him.

"Not really...at least to me he didn't say anything regarding that. Might've mentioned something to sir."

"Okay-"

"Why did you leave the party before Mr. Chang did?" Taehyung asked hurriedly before Youngdo could even finish his sentence. But he didn't mind cause obviously, the question was a good one when the other two face palmed internally.

"Because my daughter was sick so I had to take my leave soon. He urged me to do so. Mr. Chang was a very good man, he always used to take care of our families in need." A sad smile slowly formed on his lips as he talked about his boss, Mr. Chang.

Understanding the emotional situation, the team took their leave from Mr. Chang's office. They were discussing among each other about the information they got as they walked down the corridor to reach the elevator when Youngdo noticed Taehyung was deep in thoughts.

He placed his hands on his shoulders and whispered, "That question was a good one. You're doing good." And then patted his back as an appreciation which Taehyung took with a boxy smile on his face.

The elevator opened and all four of them entered together when they noticed one person was already there. Only the soft elevator music in the background could be heard as the five persons inside it maintained their silence and were in their thoughts.

But Taehyung was staring deeply at the lad from behind as he chose the left corner to stand with his back supporting on the mirrored walls of the elevator. Dressed in a navy suit and dark grey tie, he looked nothing less than a CEO of some company.

Why does it feel like I know this person...? Surely, I've never met him before but...does he look like someone I know or...have seen? Probably...

He kept on thinking when a 'ding' sound rang inside the elevator and the doors opened. The lad went out before bowing slightly at them and the door closed within seconds. But Taehyung's eyes followed the guy till the doors closed completely. He sighed.

Ugh! This memory is a damned thing!

»«»«»«»«»«

Yoongi's brows knitted as he kept on staring at the entry file with his hooded eyes. He looked up at the person who was standing beside him with a baffled expression and exchanging glances from time to time with the receptionist.

"As per the records, it's saying he last came here in February- the last week of that month. But we've got the proof that he came here in this month as well."

Yoongi's statement perplexed the two standing there with him. But only he knew what an enticing lie it was. "But...how's that possible? If he comes here the CCTV will capture him easily and so will our security! And then all the doctors and attendants will also be able to see him then. But none of us did!"

"It's what you think and know. There can be beyond this as well."

"What do you mean mister?! I'm the chairman of this hospital and you're claiming that I don't know what goes on here?"

"We'll find that out soon." Yoongi stated sarcastically and then asked the receptionist, "Call the attendants who know about every nook and corner of the building."

"Okay, sir."

After a few minutes, an old woman dressed in a white shirt and skirt like dress entered the big hallway where they stood in front of the receptionist. Few other people also joined them while standing a bit far away and watching the whole scene curiously while whispering things from ear to ear.

"What happened?" The attendant came and asked while looking at the three of them cluelessly.

"Nothing happened yet." Yoongi stated sarcastically and then continued, "I was the one to summon you cause I think you can help me."

"Ye-Yes?"

"Yes, you heard it right. Now if you could please take me to the places where Dr. Hong used to practise or go whenever he used to visit here...", his deep voice and aura held a dominant and stern element which has always made everyone to respect him despite the age and the attendant is not the exception.

Before the Chairman could grant permission to her, she nodded and started to lead the way to the place.

"What the-" The chairman mumbled in disbelief and sighed in annoyance, before following them.

The nurse leads them towards the left corridor of the floor they were in, which can be called the ground floor or the main floor. As they passed various cabins of doctors and practical rooms, they took a left turn.

"Wait wait wait- Why are we heading here, Miss Euk? Isn't it the abandoned corridor of the building and is forbidden to come here-" She looked a bit terrified as the Chairman questioned him angrily and looked at Yoongi.

Sensing the situation, he decided to handle it. He interrupted him and said, "Miss Euk, please lead me to where I asked you to. Your job is my responsibility now. So don't worry." He then looked at him with a cocky expression and said, "I hope you'll not keep on with your interruptions and later regret doing so."

"Sorry, sir." He then signed the nurse to lead him to that place without anymore commotion.

____________________

First, sry for the late update. Next, I dunno when will I be able to get the chance to update again...

-Nik

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.5K 35
❛The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies..❜ ❛You how could you betray us like that-❜ ❛Your father snatched away my...
12.5K 517 17
You were best friends, you had everything you wanted. However, when a series of murders and killings happen between your families, you break apart an...
250K 9.5K 30
|| Status : β˜‘|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" γ€ŠWARNIN...
130K 7.2K 34
Jimin watched love of his life holds hands with his sister and shares passionate kisses. Well , adopted sister to be exact but eversince she came to...