The Return Of Rebel

By freakypizza18

Meet Tina Mehta an Indian girl studied in USA returns back to home town after 4 years and after 2.5 years fat... More

Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15 (Part 1)
Chapter:15 (Part 2)
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter:36
Chapter: 37
Chapter:39
Chapter:40
Chapter:41
Chapter:42
Chapter:43
Chapter: 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter:38

30 2 0
By freakypizza18

“Guys! Can you please talk one after the other I cannot comprehend a thing you people just said”. I said on the video chat.

Everyone stopped talking what they were saying.

“You’ll get a chance to speak okay so the younger ones first so Pree, Krish and Heer you guys go first”.

“Okay Krish, you start”. Pree said.

“Okay”. She shrugged.

You guys must be thinking what is actually happening so the thing is I’m currently talking to my family on a video chat they all are gathered at my mom’s mom place to open their Christmas presents.

As they decided to open a day before the Christmas because due to time difference there’s 24th December in India and 23rd here and when they got to know that we were leaving tomorrow for the twins’ cabin they decided to open a day before so that I can enjoy with my best friends the trip so I decided to go with them.

“So, I will first open my present and I know I am surely going to like so than—” She stopped mod sentence when she saw what’s packed for her gift.

“Did you like the gift?”  I asked when I received no response from her end.

All I heard was a high pitched squeal.

“Dude, are you serious I mean is this the original signature?” She asked.

“Yes!” I said.

“How did you get it?” She inquired.

“Remember her latest concert I went to?” I said more like asked.

“Yes what about it because I know we received the parcel before you attended the concert, so how did you get it?” She rambled.

“It may or may not have happen the suit she wore on that day was designed by me”. I said.

“What and you hid that from me?” She asked unbelievably.

“You sneaky little fu—fudger”. She changed the curse word once she remembered that she had elders around too and cursing and my family don’t go hand in hand.

“We had a contract I couldn’t reveal the details about anything she was going to wear for her concert because it is one of her rules like everything should tell a story from her outfits to music and stuff plus she really likes to surprise her fans with everything so that is the reason I didn’t tell you also even if I wasn’t in a contract I would’ve told you about it there were chances I might have revealed your present”. I explained.

“Oh yeah I totally get it I am sorry”. She apologized.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about and I know you are going to ask about the concert was so the answer is it was magical, fan-freaking-tabulous, awesome”. I said.

“That’s great! You enjoyed and by the way I am taking this bag along with me during my exams and thank you for getting a signature for me too”. My sister said.

“If I didn’t, what kind of sister I would be I had to surprise my little sister”. I said.

“Okay now you’ll make me cry so before I cry Preeti open your gift please”. My sister said with a laugh.

We all laughed at her dramatic self and my cousin Preeti opened her gift.

“Wow Tia, this is awesome I am so loving it did you design it?”  She asked.

“Oh yes! And thank God you liked it”. I said with a sigh of relief.

“Of course I will love anything you would design for me and thank you so much you are the best”. Preeti said.

“Stop saying thank you dimwits you guys deserve it”. I told them.

“Whatever”. They all said simultaneously with an eye roll.

For which they all earned a smack upside their heads from their moms.

Everyone opened their gifts and I was happy they all actually loved it being the Indian parents they asked me the cost of course and because they don’t want me to spend too much on them so I might’ve got scolding from all the elders in the room about how expensive their gifts must be but the blessings I have in the form of cousins told them to not worry about the bill and just accept the gifts.

I don’t know about other parents but this is one of the common traits you’ll find in Indian parents is they won’t accept a gift from their child be it be any occasion.

“So did you pack for the trip?” My aunt asked.

“What about food? I mean you guys are not eating anything from the restaurants or fast food chains, right?” My mother asked.

“Okay people I will pack once I  done talking with you and secondly we have prepared half cooked meals and have already packed them so that we won’t starve and only times we will order from outside is Christmas Eve and New year’s so chill”. I told them with a sigh and out my hair in a bun which was earlier in a loose ponytail.

“Okay good and by the way show us your tattoos”. My dad chimed.

“Tweety, can I b—” Tess said while walking in my room. “Oh crap! I will come later you finish talking first”.

“Oh it’s nothing actually come here they were actually asking about you the other day when we were talking”. I said.

“Okay”. She said and came in front of camera.

“Hello”. She said.

“Oh Hi you must be Tressa, Tyler’s sister I remember Tina talking about you guys when she was here”. My mum said.

“Yes ma’am, I am Tressa Clarke and it’s nice meeting you”. She said with a smile.

“Nice to meet you too”. Everyone chimed with a smile.

“Um—sorry not to sound rude but Tweety I got to get some things from Sephora do you need anything and please can I borrow your hoodie”. She said.

“Sure just take whichever you want and can you please get me makeup wipes, hand cream from Sephora and sanitizer, with some wet and normal plain tissues please”. I said.

“I would’ve accompanied you but I still got to pack and I don’t know what shall I take with me”. I whined.

“Quit whining we can do it together once I come”. Tess said with an eye roll.

“Okay”. I said with a sigh.

As on cue the guys came in my room.

“Oh Tess you are here I swear to God we never find you in your room now a days anyways we are going to storage unit to get some things for the Christmas we got at the cabin so you need anything?” Tyler rambled.

“Oh I am sorry for being with my friend” . Tess said with an eye roll.

“But no I don’t need anything just get the things and give me a ride to Sephora I need to get things from there”.

“Okay”. Tyson said.

“What does a simple okay mean I mean why are you being rude to me? I didn’t do anything to you last time I checked”. Tyler argued.

“Guys---”  I said but in vain as they didn’t hear me and continued to argue.

“Oh yeah than why did you take that hoodie?” Tess shot back.

“Because it is mine” Tyler retorted.

“Whatever anyways I don’t need it”. She said with an eye roll.

“Kids! Will you stop arguing over a hoodie and can you please talk and not argue for crying out loud already we are creating a confusion by not following the list”. I shouted at them.

Everything in the room was quit like a pin drop silence.

“Okay so now Tess go get things from Sephora and you both go and get whatever you want from the storage and did you guys pack the bags?” I ordered.

“Okay we will get it and I am yet to pack”. Tess said like child who just got told off by her mother.

“We finished ours”. Tyler and Tyson said simultaneously.

“Good now and get the things and stop fighting already”. I said.

“Tina, why are you scolding them? And stop giving orders even you haven’t packed your bags yet”. My mum said siding my friends.

“But mom—” I started but she cut me off.

“No buts go pack your bags now or else you would rush at the last minute”. My mom ordered.

“Mom, I’m 23 and half I ain’t a kid anymore who would rush for her things plus I will do it after I finish talking”. I defended.

“23 or 2 I don’t care, you still are my daughter and I don’t want you to rush things you can talk to your cousins I guess we elders take our leave because men needs to discuss cricket and we need to go to kitchen and kid we loved your presents thank you so much”. She said with a smile.

“You’re welcome, Ma”. I chimed.

“We loved your gifts too, kid”. My other uncles and aunts chimed simultaneously.

“We may take your leave kids bye”. My mum said while getting up from her seat and others followed her lead.

All these while my boyfriend and my best friends were laughing silently behind the screen.

“Some friends you guys are”. I said with an eye roll.

“We may leave because we don’t want to face your wrath again”. Tyler said.

“Whatever”. I replied and they all left my room while saying their byes on the way.

Tyler came back in my room and kissed me on the forehead and said me a bye and I love you and I replied him the same thing and he left.

“Aww how cute”. My cousins Preeti, Heer and  Krish said at the same time.

“uh uh no PDA zone”. Meet said.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Whatever dad”.

We all laughed and I took my phone and noticed it was at 20% so I plugged into my charger and got the bag from underneath my bed.

“So what’s new?” I asked and moved towards my closet.

“Where are you we couldn’t see you?” Raj said.

“I am in my closet coming wait”. I said and kept my bag on the floor of my walk in closet and move towards my vanity to prepare a small travel pouch I would need during my stay.

I took all my cosmetics and sat down on the bed.

“Nothing I just like this girl but don’t know how to ask her out”. Yash said with a sigh.

“Damn”. I managed to choke out with my eyes wide gaze.

“You, Yash doesn’t know how to ask a girl out things must be serious huh”. I teased as I emptied the contents of a huge bag.

“C’mon dude we are only talking from past month we know each other and all but I don’t know”. He said.

“Okay listen don’t complicate it just be yourself and ask her out like will you like to grab a cup of coffee?” I advised.

“Easier said than done”. He retorted.

“No dude this ain’t you okay you ooze out confidence, you shouldn’t change yourself for a girl or anyone in that matter to be honest she will like you the way you are and it doesn’t matter even she doesn’t feel the same way, she will appreciate you the way you are”. I explained.

“What’s her name by the way?” Preeti asked.

“Her name is Vani”. Yash replied.

“Noice”. Preeti said.

Yash rolled his eyes at her comment and flipped her a bird.

“Where you this smart from the very start or did NYC or you got smart after your relationship?” Raj asked.

“Shut up, loser”. I mocked.

I put the bottle of face serum and hair serum in my pouch along with other things like bronzer, highlighter, then other stuff like concealer, foundation and stuff half of the stuff I just how to apply it but don’t ask what it is called I suck at remembering the makeup products.

“By the way, how long is your trip?” My sister asked.

“We are leaving tomorrow that is 24th and getting back on 1st in the morning”. I replied.

“Oh”. She nodded in understanding.

“So how long is the trip I mean the distance?”. Meet asked.

“Umm—we are going to Woodstock, NY which is a two hour drive from NYC”. I answered.

“What time are you guys going to leave?” Raj and Yash asked simultaneously.

“What is this I mean why am I being interrogated like I did a crime?” I questioned.

“Oh c’mon, sis. We are just curious actually way you guys are planning I was actually going to ask you about it afterwards because I really want to visit this place once I come there but I would love to go on a solo trip”. My sister said.

“Oh I see, we might leave by 7:30 in the morning tomorrow”. I said.

“Have a great trip, sis”. Everyone said in a unison.

I laughed and said, “Thank you and you know I love you and miss you guys a lot”.

“We love and miss you too”. Everyone said simultaneously.

“By the way the only girls topic sis which lipsticks are you carrying?” Heer asked.

“I don’t know I taking this brown, purple and rose pink one”. I said while showing them the shades.

“Why not red? You don’t have a red?” She asked.

“I threw that away because it had Carmine in it”. I said with a shrug.

“What’s that?” Preeti asked.

“Colour red in red lipstick is actually Carmine which is actually crushed bugs and than they are boiled with   ammonia or sodium carbonate solution”. I said with a gag.

All the girls did a gaging noise and I could see my sister leave the room.

We all looked confused at each other.

She returned in a minute and sighed.
“Mine had Carmine too. Eww I am never applying a red lipstick in my life”. She said.

“Dude, you are going to walk for Ford and her company you got to wear one if they go with the dress”. Heer retorted.

“Oh crap! I’ll get a vegan, cruelty lipstick and will carry it with me everywhere and tell the person who would do my makeup to use mine or else change the colour we have that right to do so, right sis?” She said and looked at me.

“Yes, you can”. I said and shook my head.

“Thank God! I don’t own a red lipstick”. Preeti said.

“I know right”. Me and my sister chimed.

I don’t know why but I felt something odd today I mean my cousin Heer sounded odd and I couldn’t comprehend and put finger on what so I decided to talk it with my cousin Meet first about it and than my parents because I don’t want them to worry about it. I might also be just over thinking and over looking things.

We talked for a while and I also packed my makeup bag by the time we were done and we ended the chat.

I quickly fished out my phone and texted my brother Meet.

Tina: Call me at night when you are alone, got to ask and talk things out with you privately.

Meet: Is something wrong?

Tina: I don’t know yet that is why I got to talk to you.

Meet: Tina, I am calling you now and tell me what is wrong.

Tina: Meet, I swear I will tell you everything once you call me at night.

Meet: No, talk to me now because you have to sleep early you have a trip to go tomorrow plus we are planning to have a night stay here all the elders and the kids so I might not even leave from here today. It’s fine I will just make up an excuse it is a work call so I have to take this.

Tina: *sighs* no one can win a debate from you, okay call me once you can get alone please.

Meet: Give me two minutes. BRB.

Tina: Okay.

We ended the chat and I was aimlessly playing through my phone thinking about the things I noticed today.

That’s when I heard my phone go off without even looking at the caller ID I picked up the call.

“Sorry for the delay but Krish stopped me on my way, she wanted to talk about something but I told her that I got to call some clients”. He explained.

“Oh you could’ve talked to her first”. I said.

“I could’ve but I wanted to talk to you first so tell me what’s bothering you?” He asked.

“I don’t know but I felt Heer was being passive aggressive I mean she taunted everything that was directed to Krish, I mean when Krish opened her gift I saw Heer’s face there she was looking at her but angrily, when I talked about red lipstick and Krish ran away to throw her lipstick and when she said about not applying a red lipstick she said it like she was jealous and she almost rolled her eyes in annoyance I mean I am no Sherlock or mind reader but I felt so many things odd about her”. I explained.

“I—” My brother was about to say something when I heard Preeti’s voice from his side.

“Meet, I guess you should handle this first it’s Krish”. She said.

“Oh crap! What happened to her? Meet just go and see what happened to her we will talk later”. I told him.

“Okay”. He said and hung up the call.

I got startled when I heard the knock on my door.

“It’s open”. I said.

I saw Tress at the threshold of my room.

“Damn girl, what happened to you?” She asked her voice filled with concern.

I sighed and told her about everything about what happened from the start.

She sighed and said, “Everything’s going to alright”.

“I hope so”. I said with a sigh and forced a smile.

“C’mon let’s start packing your bag first”. She said changing the subject.

I went along with her because she was only trying to cheer me up and least I could do try to match her enthusiasm and dampen her mood too.

“My family is no less than an Indian soap or a Spanish soap opera”. I said out of blue with a sigh.

“Shut up it is not like what you think everything’s going to be okay”. She assured.

“I hope so too by the way tell me what shall I get along with me”. I said.

“I guess we shouldn’t pack much, I mean we are going there oy for a week so we can take two or three pairs of jeans along with some crop tops, tops and sweater dress for the Christmas and New year’s eve party but for regular days we can go with jeans or shorts along with a top or something but don’t fogret to take your hoodies”. She said.

We packed my luggage and it took us an hour complete my packing but the worry inside me which I had temporarily pushed at the back of my mind came back.

“And done”. I said.

“Oh yeah, now I am the one left so we can go in my room pack mine”. She said.

“Oh yeah totally I think we should start right now because we are leaving early tomorrow”. I suggested.

“Okay let’s get going”. She said.

“Shall I just call my sister now and get back to packing I am actually worried she hasn’t call me yet and it is very unlike her”. I said.

“Of course first check up on her on come to my room”. She said.

“Thank you”. I said with a nod.

“You’re welcome, Tweety”. She said with a smile and exited my room.

I quickly fished my phone and called my sister. She quickly picked up in second ring.

“Hey, sis already missing us huh?” She said with a cheerful tone.

Even though her tone was very cheerful I knew she was faking it.

“Krish, are you with everyone around?” I asked quietly.

“Oh yeah totally we all are having fun actually we all are having dinner”.

She said indicating everyone was present and she couldn’t talk to me.

“Okay that’s fine I guess can you please call me once you are alone and tell Meet to be with you”. I told her.

“Oh yeah I promise and I miss you too, sis”. She replied.

“Okay you guys finish up your dinner and call me once you are free”. I told her.

“Surely, bye and love ya”. She said.

“Bye and love you too”. I told her the same thing.

We hung up and I went to Tess’s room to help her pack.

I knocked on the door.

“It’s open”. She replied from the opposite end.

“Did you decide what are you going to pack?” I asked.

“I am confused to which pair of jeans shall I take with me”. She whined.

“I have an idea you just take your black ones and stone washed ones and we can share my white ones and your stone washed ones”. I suggested.

“That’s great! And we won’t have to take more luggage with us. You are a genius!” She exclaimed.

“I know, right”. I said flipped my hair.

“Oh puh-lease, that’s was a one time thing you don’t need to get it in your head”. She said playfully with an eye roll.

We both laughed packed Tess’s luggage too once we were sorted about sharing clothes it took us much less time than it took mine to pack.

We heard the front door click open and we quickly pulled the zip of my best friend’s bag and moved out of her room.

“Whoa! What happened with you guys”. I exclaimed once I noticed the guys carrying huge cartons with them.

“Actually the decorations is in only this one box other two boxes is uh never mind”.  Tyler trailed off.

I helped him to set the box down and also took his coat from him.

“Explain”. I said.

“Fine they are games and few photo albums”. He said.

“We actually thought we could take this pictures and projector along with its screen with us and we can enjoy the movie night slash go back to watching memories and we wanted to surprise you guys hut uou ruined it”. Tyson said with a playful eye roll.

“Aww you guys are so sweet”. I cooed and patted their hair.

“We aren’t kids, you cannot do that”. Tyler shrugged my hand off his hair.

I was about to speak when my phone went off and once again without even looking athe caller ID I picked up the call.

“Hello”. I spoke. “Is everything okay?” I asked.

“Tina, what happened? Why wouldn’t I be okay?” A male voice said.

I looked at my the caller’s name and face palmed myself.

“Oh I’m so sorry actually I thought you were my sister anyways how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good and I called you to say thank you for the gift you I received it yesterday but couldn’t open until now so yeah thank you”. Aadil said.

“You’re welcome!”. I said.

There was an awkward pause between us so I cleared my throat.

“So how’s work?” I asked.

“It’s good actually and everyone misses you around”. He said.

“I miss you all guys too”. I replied with a small smile.

I saw my friends’ face and they had a small smile.

“Tina? Can I tell you a thing?” He asked.

“Yes”. I said calmly.

“I have a date for New year’s party”. He said.

A genuine smile spread on my face and I let out a squeal and asked him, “Wow! That’s a great news so who is it?”

“Remember Iqra?” He said more like asked.

“Oh yeah your high school friend” I said.

“One day while returning home I bumped into her and we started talking plus my mum was looking for a girl so that she can get me married and co-incidentally it was her and we met for a lunch date set by my mum and we clicked”. He explained.

“I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!” I exclaimed.

“Thank you, thank you! By the way I told her about you and everything and she said she is fine and all”. He said.

“I hope we aren’t having any bad blood among us?” I asked genuinely.

“Of course not infact she was happy when she found out about you and she wants to meet you, once you come back”. He said.

“Oh I am surely going to meet her”. I said.

“Sure by the way got to go I just called to say thank you and this and you enjoy your holidays and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance”. He said.

“Merry Christmas and I’m calling you on New year’s but yeah Happy New Year bye”. I replied.

“Bye”. He said and I could feel a genuine smile in his voice and he hung up the call.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Guys, you won’t believe what just happened”. I said as soon as we hung up.

“What?” My best friends said simultaneously.

“Aadil called me to say thank you for the gift and also he almost has a fiancée”. I said with a huge smile.

“Almost?”. Tess asked.

“Yeah what does that mean?” Tyson and Tyler said at the same time.

“His mum arranged a date for his marriage with a girl who happens to be his high school friend and they had actually bumped into each other before the date so things were good and all and he moved on”. I said with a smile.

“That’s great and I am happy that he moved on”. Tess said.

“Exactly, by the way you were asking him something about bad blood what was that than?” Tyler asked.

“He said he even told his girlfriend about me and everything so I asked about does she hate me or we have a bad blood or something so he replied to me that no there’s no bad blood and she is happy and that’s that”. I said with a shrug.

“Phew! Thank God! All’s good!” Tyson exclaimed.

“I know, right?” I said.

He was about to reply but he got cut off by my ringing phone.

“Geez, someone’s famous”. Tyson teased.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him playfully and looked at the caller ID and saw my sister calling.

“Hello?” I said but it came out like a question.

“Oh thank God! I am losing my mind here, dude!” My sister exclaimed.

“Krish, calm down first and deep breaths”. I told her trying to calm her down.

“Krish, chill out first you are literally hyperventilating with rage”. I heard the voice from the other side of the phone and which belonged to my cousin brother Meet.

“Krish, don’t freak out calm down”. My voice calm but only I knew the internal freaking within me.

“Okay so that motherfucking Heer—” My sister started but me and my cousin cut her off.

“Whoa dude! Language!” We both exclaimed at her at the same time.

“Don’t tell me to mind my language when she deserves it”. She said raising her octave.

“Pass your phone to Meet”. I told her.

“Fine”. She said with an audible huff and I could say she rolled her eyes.

“Stop rolling your eyes, kid”. Meet warned her.

See I know my sister well.

“Meet, where are you guys?” I asked and pressed my two fingers on my temples.

Tyler held me by my arm and made me sit on the sofa.

I gave him a side eye and he gave me nod indicating a no which was actually a warning if I didn’t sit or relaxed he would snatch the phone.

“We are in the garden, we actually made up an excuse to get some ice cream so we could talk to you”. He said with a sigh.

“Okay, what exactly happened and why is my sister cursing?” I asked.

“I don’t know she won’t tell me anything because she wanted to talk to you first hence we made up the excuse and called you”. He explained.

“Fine but put her on speaker phone I don’t want her to get more enraged than she already is”. I said.

“Okay”. He said and than I heard some shuffling.

Next I heard was my sister’s voice, “Hello?”

“Krish, can I put you on speaker only if you want it’s only us actually I have a low battery and got to put my phone on charge only if you’re comfortable”. I asked.

“Of course, you can there’s nothing wrong they knowing everything I mean you trust them so do I”. She said.

“Okay”. I said and put my phone on speaker and also plugged in with the charger that was present in the living room we always kept.

“So tell me what happened without cursing”. I told her sternly.

“Okay fine, but I won’t forgive Heer the thing is when you got promoted and transferred to NYC remember we threw a party?” She asked.

“Yeah, what about it?”  I asked her.

“The thing is I was preparing for the party and Amy told me to distract you and others to help her so I did at that time she wanted to come with me when we went to salon but her mother said that it was our moment we should interrupt it, so she was bit disappointed at least that is what I thought she hugged and continued to help people around but remember we went in the kitchen to get the ice cream she was like how lucky I am to have a sister like her and all, so I said it is nothing like that she treats each one of us equally. She wanted to argue but thought against it. Than she came back the two days before you had to leave for NYC we were arranging things in my room and she came inside the room that day your back and she gave me a side eye, I brushed it off thinking I’m overthinking things but she didn’t stop she calls me everyday for some reason or the other and whines about everything. She even started to whine when you punished for helping my friend in cheating damn don’t even get me started when you came and you were all over those tabloids and also once she even whined about how I got a shortcut to my success ladder when you made me walk for the first time. Basically, she started acting like a Karen and I got the offers from Ford and than you guys added the fuel to fire by giving me an another chance sometimes I don’t even pick her phone up and today oh God—” She groans and continues.

“She was jealous because you gave me a backpack which I wanted from a very long time and the book which Taylor Swift herself signed it and it was the last straw so I took a breath to calm down and make her understand that you are my sister like my genetic, real sister and she treats everyone the same way and even if she doesn’t it is her fucking choice to gift me anything you want but—”

I looked around at my friends faces they all were shocked, irritated, angry and disappointed and pity about the whole fiasco.

“but no she didn’t understand and I said to go fuck herself and I don’t care about her opinion and stop being an aunt Karen to me when I am nothing but a good person to her and yes I will fucking brag about how nice I was being to her because I deserve to and I will also freaking show off and rub it on her face when I walk for Ford and your company even though I got the first walk because of you but at the end it was the company’s decision to give me the opportunity or not so don’t tell me when I throw a bitch fit at her next time see her”. She rambled.

All this time when my sister was rambling I didn’t interrupt her because she have had enough of drama for her to last for a lifetime because it is so wrong she kept inside her all this things for so long so that I don’t get upset and she actually deserves a good ear right now so I listened to her.

“Okay, do you want me to talk to her about it?” I asked.

“No fucking way! I don’t want you to spoil your holidays because of a Karen”. She exclaimed.

“Okay cool, calm down and stop cursing”. I told her.

“Meet, does anyone in the family knows about all this drama? Because Krish was inside her room”. I asked him.

“No, she made an excuse before storming into her room was that she forgot to submit a test to you which you told her to submit the previous night and you were fine with her submitting tomorrow but she insist that she doing that at the very moment, because she didn’t want you to spoil your holidays and correcting her test”. He rambled.

“Why is everyone rambling? Anyways, Krish calm down and everything's going to be alright ignore the negativity like I always say and just act normal in front of our family for mum and dad’s sake because you know how dad is, he would explode on aunt when he would find everything out and they are not even at fault, you know”. I said.

“I know, right they are so chilled and laid back because other day when Heer was hyperventilating about her French diploma thing she told her to calm down and also not to stress because stressing won’t help her and even if she is less successful they are fine with it because they want their kid healthy and stressing for their rest of their life and she even advised me to take breaks after every project I do”. She sighed.

“Chill I’ll talk to mom about it”. I said.

“What if she explodes on aunt or dad?”  She asked.

“She won’t I know her”. I told her.

“Okay, as you say by the way this is the last thing I got to say and I just don’t understand this like she even scores more than me or she is always better than me in anything be it sports, or anything why is she acting like this?” She asked.

“I don’t know, Krish. But I’ll talk about it okay?” I said with a sigh.

“Yes kid chill out. Your sis is a wonder woman”. Tyler said.

“That she is”. She said with laugh.

“Okay you guys go pack and do whatever stuff you were doing I’ll take your leave”. She said.

“Okay but if you need anything give me a call and take an extra chocolate chip ice cream for me?” I asked.

“But the ice cream won’t stay good to be eaten till the time you visit India, so shall I do the honors of eating yours too?” She asked.

I laughed and answered her, “Of course that was the main motto”.

“Tina, you are life saver”. Meet said.

“Oh shut up! Go get the ice cream before you anyone gets suspicious”. I told them.

“Okay bye and love you”. They both said at the same time.

I laughed and answered them the same thing and hung up the call.

***
Next morning I got up next to my gorgeous boyfriend like I am get up everyday and woke him up because if I didn’t that lazy ass would make us late.

“Good morning, love”. I said while kissing him on the cheek.

“Five minutes more”. He said with his sleepy raspy voice.

“We will get late get up”. I whined.

He took me by surprise when he pulled upon him by my waist and I let out a squeal.

“Tyler!” I exclaimed.

“Good morning, Shortie”. He said and kissed me on the lips.

Like always I was quick to respond to the kiss.

“I won”. He said with a smile and kissed me again on the lips.

“Huh?” I asked confused.

“I told you I will kiss you even when you have a morning breath and I told you it is a bet I won”. He said and kissed me.

I face palmed and said, “You are such a dork”.

“But you don’t hate me”. He answered.

“That is true, but now let me get up before we get late”. I said.

He groaned and let go off me, “Fine”. He pouted.

I cupped his cheek and kissed him and said, “Get up”.

“Ugh you are impossible”. He said.

“Whatever”. I said while moving towards the bathroom.

When I got inside my bathroom and squeezed out the toothpaste on my brush and started brushing it and came out of bathroom to choose something comfortable to wear for my journey as it was a bit chilly today.

You guys must be thinking why I didn’t think of my outfit for today but packed everything but of course this is Tina Mehta you are talking to she always packs like she is going to shit twice a day in her panties but she won’t decide what she wants to wear for her journey.

I took out a pair of white sweater top and paired it with a pair of black jeans and than I took out a green coloured faux fur hood hoodie and a white beanie and took out a white coloured shoes.

I was done brushing and took the outfit along with me in the bathroom so that I can take a quick shower. It took me around 30 to 40 minutes to finish my daily routine and than I came out of the bathroom only to find Tressa waiting for me in my room.

“You ready?” I asked and out my towel on the cloth rack present in my room.

“No, can I use your moisturizer? I had only one bottle left which I packed it in my luggage”. She said.

“Of course you can, Tess. You know we don’t have to ask each other’s permission to use anything”. I told her.

“Okay, okay”. She replied.

We both went with a no make up look and had oy applied the moisturizer and some sun screen and some lip balm. I decided to put my hair into a tight high ponytail so that I am comfortable.

“Ready?” I asked.

We both took some selfies in my phone and left my room.

“We are grabbing breakfast in the way”. Tressa shouted so that everyone in the home can hear it.

“Okay”. Tyler said.

“C’mon get your asses down here or else we will be late”. I shouted.

“Coming!” Tyler exclaimed while coming out his room with his luggage.

He had worn a black coloured hoodie and a black jeans with black shoes and his hair was tousled like he just woke up.

We saw Tyson dragging him and his luggage out of his room with a grumpy face.

“Someone got upon the wrong side of the bed”. I teased.

“Shut up more like woke up early”. She growled.

We all laughed at him and he all showed a middle finger which only made us more laugh.

“C’mon enough with the jokes let’s get going we even have to grab the breakfast”. I said while clapping my hands.

“Yes, ma’am”. Tyson said and rolled his eyes.

We all silently laughed and shook our heads in amusement.

We all found ourselves in front of the car and Tyson threw the cars keys towards Tyler and said, “You are driving today”.

“Yeah bro”. He said with an eye roll.

He opened the trunk of the car and Tyler and Tyson helped us keep the bags in the trunk.

Me and Tess had kept our backpacks which had are essentials in it with us.

We all settled down and drive through the near by breakfast joint which served the only veg meals and Tyler ordered us black coffee along with some cheese sandwiches, hummus and celery, cheese strings, also cheese popcorn to munch on the way and other things.

Tyler started the car and I passed the breakfast to the back seat where Tyson and Tressa were sitting and I opened two packs of sandwiches and put one cup of coffee in Tyler’s cup holder.

I ate a bite and fed him too so that he can easily drive and munch on the breakfast.

I removed my shoes and sat in Indian style on the seat and put my phone in the auxiliary cord and started to play the music and selected Shawn Mendes’s The Weight.

After around 30 songs we had almost crossed New York City or at least that’s what I thought because all I could see was few parks or zoos, along with many huge buildings and sky scrapers.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“We will be reaching the highway now”. My boyfriend answered.

I looked back and saw my other two best friends cuddling and sleeping with their mouths open.

I switched off the music so that they sleep peacefully and turned around a bit and reached to close their mouths.

I giggled a bit and clicked a picture of them.

“They look so cute”. I said.

“Yeah”. My boyfriend replied with a smile on his face.

We reached at some gas station and we could see the essence of country side and Tyler stopped at the gas station so that we all could freshen up and fill the gas tank.

Even Tess and Tyson were awake fifteen ago so waking  them up was not an issue as they both were heavy sleepers.

I stretched my legs once I got of the car so did everyone else.

“We will go to the restroom and get some snacks from the store, you guys can fill the gas till then”. Tess said.

“Okay”. The guys agreed.

We went to the restroom and did our business and came out.

“I hate going to public restrooms they are hardly ever cleaned”. Tess whined while rubbing some sanitizer on her hands.

“I feel ya, sis”. I said once I was finish rubbing my hands with sanitizer.

“Let’s go and get some snacks by the way”. I told her.

“Oh yeah!” She exclaimed.

We made our way towards the store and took many packets of chips, popcorn, nachos, pringles and some soft drinks and sodas.

“I guess that’s enough”. I said once we filled the cart almost up to it’s brim.

“Yeah I feel the same thing. Let’s head out”. She said.

We were pushing our cart towards the counter so that we can ring out our purchases that’s when we heard some noises behind the aisle we were standing from.

It was actually a conversation between a man and what we could comprehend was a high school going girl and it made us stop in our tracks.

“Tess, I guess we should wait here”. I whispered.

“Yeah”. She replied to me in a whisper.

“No one will know we can go behind the cars in the car it will be real quick”. The man said.

“Get lost I don’t know you and I don’t need a quickie you dump”. The girl replied.

“Feisty huh I like it when girls are hard to get”. The man said.

“Touch me and I shout rape”. The girl said.

I looked at my best friend only to find she was looking at me already.

“Go call the manager and 911. I’ll handle that motherfucker”. I said through my gritted teeth.

She nodded and pushed the cart aside and went towards the manager of the store. I ran towards the aisle behind us.

“I guess you should take the hint and leave”. I told him.

The man was tall, dark but lanky and he had black eyes which could scare anyone at the very first look.

“Oh! you are hot”. He said with a smirk.

“Yeah but maybe because I am angry and you should take a hint when a girl says no and leave, mister”. I told him.

“Oh the vagina can talk”. He said and fanned his face with a smirk.

“Yeah if this vagina—” I pointed a finger at me “knees you in your balls, than you might need to visit a doctor”. I said through my gritted teeth and controlling my temper.

“Oh yeah show me what you got”. He said and pulled the girl towards him.

I quickly kneed him in his groin and it took him a bit off guard but I was quick to punch him on the nose and punched the man in his gut and he stumbled back and fell down on the ground and I than punched him in throat.

I was suddenly pulled away from the man and I was still kicking and punching him in the air.

“Shortie, it’s over the police is here”. Tyler said.

My anger was quickly cooled and I stopped the punching and the kicking.

I saw an officer and the manager standing there waiting for my boyfriend to pull me away and the officer was quick with his handcuffs and tied his hands behind his back.

“Ma’am, can you please tell us the happenings?” The officer asked.

“Sure”. I agreed.

“Do I have to come to the station?” I asked.

“No, it’s fine actually we just need your statement”. He said with a polite smile.

“Okay, I am Tina Mehta and me and my friends are going to Woodstock so we took a halt here and me and my other friend Tressa Clarke came in here to get some snacks and we were just behind this aisle and heard the conversation and came in here to rescue the girl. He was asking this girl for a quickie behind one of the cars in the parking lot and she refused and he was trying to force and when I intervened he told me that I’m hot the thing is passing such comments on me made me uncomfortable and he tried to take the girl forcefully along with as you see the bruise forming on her wrist so in defense I kneed him in the balls with my knee and than punched him in the gut and the throat”. I said.

“Thank you, Ma’am”. The officer said with a polite smile.

Tyler had snaked his arm around my waist by now and I had pocketed my fist because it was paining and I guess I might’ve burst the skin of my knuckles too.

The officer looked at the girl with a smile and asked for her statement.

“My name is Grace Stevens, I’m 17. I stay in Woodstock, NY but I am visiting my grandmother in New York so I had to stop here for gas and some essentials and this guy came out of nowhere and he started to harass me, I forgot my pepper spray in my car and I was bit shocked to act but I did tell to go off but he didn’t. Then these two girls came in and saved as she described”. She said with a nod.

“Okay, do you want to press charges on him?” The officer asked.

“Of course, and what is the procedure do I have to follow?” Grace asked.

“You are minor so your parents are must so I guess you should call them and the station is just one street down the store so we might tell a lady officer to be with you till your parents arrive and than help you to the station”. He said.

“Okay I’ll call them this instant”. The girl said and removed her cell phone to call her parents.

She went to a corner to talk to her parents.

“Do we need to come with you for the further process?” Tess asked.

“No, the CCTV footage is enough and even if we need anything we might call you”. The officer informed.

“Okay”. Tess said.

Grace came back to where we standing and said, “My parents will be here in half an hour and they wants to press the charges too”.

“Good we will wait till parents come and than you can leave with them”. I told.

“By the way officer here’s my card you can call me if you need any other help”. Tyler said while giving his visiting card.

“Thank you! And have a good day”. The officer said with a nod.

We did the same and we parted ways.

“Okay Grace, let’s get you out of here”. I said and threw my left arm around her shoulder.

“Thank you, Tina and Tressa too. Because of you guys I got saved or else what could’ve happened with me”. She said with a smile.

I squeezed her shoulder comforting her, “Grace, it’s fine and I’m sure you would’ve put him into place”.

We rung out our things and paid and Grace did the same thing for her things and we checked out of the store.

I hissed in pain when I accidentally touched my bruised knuckles.

“Damn woman, you burst open the knuckles”. Grace said with her eyes wide open.

I laughed and said, “Sure, I did”.

“I have the first aid kit back in my car, you should just dress the wounds”. Grace said.

“Thank you but I have one too in my back pack I’ll do it later”. I said.

“Okay”. She said and nodded her hand.

“By the way just take my number, if you need any help with the case in the future”. I said.

“Okay”. She agreed.

We both exchanged our numbers and made our way towards the nearby bench and talked about a lot of things and she told us about she knows and she didn’t wanted to us to feel uncomfortable that is why she is trying to be calm but on the inside she is freaking out and she said she wanted to be a future lawyer and we even took many selfies.

Her parents arrived within twenty minutes as they were very close to the border between the city and the country side that is we had almost reached the country side and we had only 50 minutes journey left with us to reach to our destination.

The parents arrived and we narrated them the whole incident we exchanged our thank yous and everything and they left with the officer for the station while we left for the Westwood.

“Okay now let’s see what you did with your knuckles”. Tyler said.

“That sounded so wrong”. I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes playfully at my double meaning of the sentence and than sat in the car.

This time me and Tyler were in the back seat and Tyson was driving the car but before we could start Tyler was dressing my wounds.

My boyfriend put some alcohol on the cotton and started to clean my wounds I jerked my hand behind and hissed in pain.

“Shit! It’s paining”. I whined.

“It will but let me clean it up or else it can get germs”. He said.

“No, it’s paining”. I whined.

“If you let me dress your wounds I will give you a piggy back”. He bribed.

“Fine”. I said with a sigh and moved my in front so he can dress them.

He quickly put on some antiseptic and we left the gas station.

Tyson started the car and asked me, “Who taught you punch so hard I mean you broke the guy’s nose and your burst open your knuckles”.

“My cousin brothers taught me”. I answered with a shrug. “Pass me the cord”.

Tressa passed me the cord and I plugged in my phone and started the music and WAP by Cardi B started to play.

“Remind never to get on your bad side and geez this song is like Anaconda by Nicki Minaj”. He commented.

“Oh yeah? I actually just downloaded the song this is the first time I’m hearing it”. I said.

“It is like chuck you should just listen to it but a warning is nice, it would be stuck in your head for the whole day it is that catchy”. Tyson said.

We all took many selfies and did the normal road trip things and reached our destination within an hour because we got stuck in traffic for fifteen to twenty minutes.

“Finally!” We all said and stretched our hands and legs once we were out of the car.

***
Hey guys!

I hope you like this chapter. Keep voting and commenting it means alot to me.

Bye:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 1.4K 35
Shanvi sharma a 2nd yr of college student, she is ambivert and kind, loving and caring in nature but she is little bit short tempered. she is coming...
691 87 26
❤️Completed ❤️ This is a story of a girl Mehek Sharma who loved flowers, sunsets and mountains. A girl who loved writing and had dreams bigger than u...
31.8K 1.4K 68
The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. ________________________________ It's a story of two ch...