Forever and Always BOOK 1 ( a...

By CallaLilywriter

Alex and Erika were inseparable since childhood. They were best of friends, allies, best buddies who promised... More

PROLOGUE
NOT THE FIRST CHAPTER YET
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 1
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 2
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 3
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 5
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 6
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 7
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 8
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 9
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 10
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 11
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 12
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 13
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 14
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 15
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 16
Forever and Always - CHAPTER 17
Forever and Always - Book 1 FINAL CHAPTER

Forever and Always - CHAPTER 4

45 3 0
By CallaLilywriter

'Great, just great,' himutok ni Alex sa sarili habang tinatanaw ang papalapit na kababata kasama ang date nito. It's his father's birthday party. It's the first time Pepper is with someone else. He had been eyeing on her since she came in and he almost didn't recognize her. It's the first time she wore her hair in a bun and dolled herself up. Pepper has always been beautiful but tonight, the sight of her is just, breathtaking. Napabuga siya ng hin8inga. It is the first time he sees Pepper in a different way. And for the life of him, he had been trying hard not to snatch her from Lance's arms.

Napabuntong-hininga siya at napa-iling sa sarili. This is bad. He had always been by her side, how did he miss it? How could things drastically change overnight?

Nahigit niya ang hininga nang kumaway ito at ngumit sa kanya. Pagkuwa'y tumingin ito kay Lance. There is something in the way she looks at Lance that made his insides quiver.

His Pepper is falling in love. It came all too fast. He just took a picture of them and the next thing he knew, their feelings got developed too. That mere thought made him cringe. Where did that thought come from?

Napatingin siya sa kamay ni Lance na nakapalibot sa bewang ng dalaga. He could feel the bitterness from his own heart, rising to his throat. It left an aftertaste on his mouth. Saka lang niya namalayang nakakuyom ang kamao niya. He really wanted to punch the guy in the face. Can't he keep his hands off Pepper? He hates that Lance guy. Well, he probably would hate every guy Pepper would grow fond of. He hated the fact that he can never be that kind of guy for her.

Nagulat siya nang may tumapik sa pisngi niya. Bumungad sa kanya ang nakasimangot na mukha ni Antoinette, his date for tonight whom he had been courting for a month now.

"Kanina pa ako nagsasalita, hindi ka naman pala nakikinig. This party sucks, Alex."

Matagal bago niya naintidihan ang sinabi ni Antoinette. His mind is still full of thoughts about Pepper. He wants to be with her. He wants to be with Pepper badly now. Gusto niyang batukan ang sarili. It's unfair for his date.

Antoinette pouted. Napatawa siya dahil pareho sila ng nararamdaman. This party really sucks. Masuyo niyang hinapit ang bewang nito. "Welcome to my world, darling."

"Why did you invite me then?" mataray na tanong nito.

"Because it feels better having you here," aniya.

Bumaba ang nakataas na kilay nito. "Really?" anito sabay ngiti.

Ngumiti siya at tumango sabay pisil sa tungki ng ilong nito. Siyang paglapit ni Pepper at Lance. Suddenly he could not breathe. Suddenly he wants to just take her hand and run away. There was a spark of laughter in Pepper's eyes. Was she that happy being with Lance?

"Hey," tanging sabi niya sabay ngiti sa best friend saka binalingan si Lance at tinanggap ang pakikipag-kamay nito. "Glad you came, dude," aniya sabay ngiting mapakla.

But he's not glad at all. He wished this night could just end. This is the worst night of all. Napabuga siya ng hininga nang makitang papalayo ang dalawa para sumayaw.

"Are you just gonna stare at them?" naulinigan niyang tanong ng katabi.

Gusto niyang tampalin ang sariling noo. Why is he always forgetting he is with Antoinette?

"Will you dance with me?" aniyang inilahad ang kamay.

"I thought you'd never ask," anito.

He held Antoinette close. Didn't he admire this girl so much? He wouldn't have courted her for no reason. He likes her. But why is her company not enough for him? He should at least focus making her comfortable tonight. But he can't even help his eyes and look for Pepper.

He felt Antoinette's hands encircling his nape. Antoinette is beautiful. She is even considered the campus' sweetheart. He should consider himself very lucky for being with her this close. He felt bad that it felt like she's using her to cover his true feelings.

"Thank you for coming tonight," aniya.

Ngumiti ito. "I guess, I can't help it if I wanted to be with you, too."

He chuckled. "I thought you despised me," biro niya. Dahil hindi lamang isang beses na tinanggihan siya nitong makipag-date.

"I thought you were not serious," she pouted. "And your reputation with girls, nakakatakot."

Napatawa siya. "Bakit? Ano bang naririnig mo?"

"That," anitong napabuntong-hininga. "That irresistible charm of yours behind that rugged look. Those beautiful eyes..."

"You sound like you are falling in love with me."

"And that unbelievable self confidence!"

Napatawa siya ulit. Being with Antoinette isn't that bad at all. Ngunit nahagip ng tingin niya si Pepper, mag-isa na naka-upo sa table. Bigla'y gusto niyang iwan ang kasayaw at puntahan ang kababata. May sinabi si Antoinette na hindi niya narinig.

"Alex?"

"Yes," aniyang ibinalik ang tingin rito.

"How much?"

"Huh?" aniyang napakunot ang noo.

"I was asking how much you love me."

Saglit siyang natigilan. Napamura siya ng lihim bago nakabawi. "Nasusukat ba 'yon?" tudyo niya rito.

"Well, I just want to know before I say yes."

"What?" aniyang nawala ang ngiti sa labi.

"I guess, I'll find it out myself, huh?" She said as she caressed his nape. "You have been invading my thoughts since that day you gave me flowers. And I guess, I could no longer stop myself from falling for you. I love you, too Alex. Tonight, I'm officially yours."

Ilang beses na napakurap ang mata niya. Napalunok siya. "Oh, yeah? Great. I mean, thank you." Thank you? Gusto niyang batukan ang sarili. Naramdaman na lamang niyang mahigpit itong nakayakap sa kanya.

"I love you, Alex," ulit nito.

Saktong napadako ang tingin niya kay Pepper na namimilog ang matang nakatingin sa kanila. "I love you, too," aniya habang nakatingin kay Pepper. Ano ba itong pinasukan niya?

They danced a few songs more. Pero hindi siya mapakali dahil kita niyang nag-iisa ang kababata. Nasaan ba ang tarantadong Lance na iyon? They escaped to the garden afterwards and they talked and kissed like teen couples do. He could've enjoyed it if not for the fact that Pepper is alone. Nang sa wakas ay nagpaalam si Antoinette na umuwi na'y tila nabunutan siya ng tinik. He felt bad feeling this way but he could not help it. Hindi na niya ito hinatid dahil kasama nito ang driver nito.

He felt so relieved that he ran back to the ballroom only to find out that Pepper is still siting there alone. That jerk! Himutok niya patungkol kay Lance.

Kumuha siya ng cocktail drinks at pasimpleng umupo sa tabi nito.

"Where's your date?" aniya sabay abot ng cocktail drink dito. He looked at her closely and she took his breath away with a smile.

"Thank you," anito sabay tanggap ng baso. Inginuso nito ang kinaroroonan ni Lance. Kausap nito and Papa niya.

"I'm beginning to hate your dad," himutok ng dalaga.

Nakita niya na nakangiti ang Papa niya habang nakikipag-usap kay Lance. Just like how fathers look like when they are proud of their sons. May kung anong kumurot sa dibdib niya pero hindi na niya pinansin iyon. His dad will never be proud of him. "And I'm beginning to hate your gay friend."

Tiningnan siya nito ng masama. Nag-peace sign siya kaagad.

"Have you eaten?"

Ngumuso ito. "I'm supposed to eat with my date."

"Don't bother. Those creeps don't eat. They just talk and talk and talk."

"Where's your date?" she asked.

"Umuwi na."

Tumawa ito. "Iniwan ka kaagad?" anitong may halong pambubuska.

"Sinagot naman ako."

Natigilan ito ng saglit. "Talaga?"

"Sa guwapo ko na namang 'to Pepper, ano'ng nakapagtataka doon?"

Nagkibit-balikat ito. "Well, I hope this one will last."

I doubt so, aniya sa isip habang nakatitig sa magandang mukha ng kababata.

"Are you happy?" tanong nito na nakatitig din sa kanya.

Ngiti lang ang isinagot niya. Dahil ang totoo'y masaya na siyang kasama ito.

NAPABUGA ng hangin si Erika sa nakitang ngiti ng kababata. He is obviously happy. She should be happy for him. Nakita niya nang yumakap si Antoinette kay Alex. She had seen so many girls hug and even kiss Alex and she never felt something like this. It's an uncomfortable feeling. Suddenly she is upset. Nababaliw na siya. Kung anu-ano na ang pumapasok sa isip niya. Maybe because she's already upset with her date is enjoying somewhere else that she couldn't be happy for him.

After an hour or so, nandoon pa rin si Lance, kausap ang Daddy ni Alex at ilang kasamahan nito sa firm. Lumingon ito para hanapin siya. Kinawayan niya ito, ngunit nilapitan lang siya nito para lang ihabilin kay Alex. Masamang-masama na ang loob niya.

"Do you want to escape?" untag ni Alex.

Just like last year, and the years before, when they get bored, they escape. Tumango siya. Hinila siya ng kababata at tinalunton nila ang daan patungo sa attic. They have a huge house and nobody has ever found out their hiding place.

"Isn't this supposed to be the loveliest day of my life because it is my first date?" Nangalumbabang sambit ni Erika habang nakatanaw sa malawak na bulwagan na puno ng mga taong walang ibang gustong pag-usapan kundi ang nangyayari sa lipunan, ang saligang batas at iba't ibang uri ng kaso. When boredom hit them, she and Alex always hide in this attic. "And I'm stuck here with my best friend."

"You make it sound like its the most awful thing in the world."

"Isn't it Alex? My date has probably enjoyed the night and might as well just leave and won't even bother to take me home and give me a kiss."

"Aww..." He made a sad face. "Come here."

Something tugged her heart with his gesture. She had known Alex since childhood and she knew his sad expression was real. Tinaasan niya ito ng kilay para itago ang sariling emosyon.

"Did he tell you you looked so lovely this evening?" he asked, his eyes bore deeply into her.

"He did," Pepper replied, starting to feel uneasy. Yumuko siya nang hindi niya makayanan ang titig nito. Something is definitely wrong. She was never uneasy with Alex. Nang lumapit siya'y hinila siya nito at niyakap.

"I don't want you to grow up that fast yet. I don't want you ta fall in love just yet. Because you will always be my baby, Pepper."

Something pinched her in her heart. "Do you know that you are beginning to sound like my Dad?"

Tumawa ito pagkuwa'y semeryoso ang mukha. "Can't help it. Are you really in love with that Lance?"

"I don't know if it's love yet. But it is something special," totoo sa loob na sambit niya.

Napabuntong-hininga ito. "I guess, I won't be able to stop you from falling in love. Just promise me one thing, Pepper."

"What is it?"

"Don't get hurt."

"Para kang timang."

"I'm serious."

"Well, what if I do?"

"I will hurt him a thousand times more."

Na-touch siya sa sinseridad nito. Alex cared for her more than a brother could, and she felt the same way.

Inilapat niya ang pisngi sa dibdib nito. It always felt so good being in his arms.

"I promise. Promise me one thing too."

"Yeah?"

"Be there if ever it happens."

"I am always here for you," seryosong sagot nito.

Nagkatinginan sila nang biglang may marinig na kaluskos. Dagli siyang hinila ni Alex para magtago sa likod ngmakapal na kurtina. Abot-abot ang kaba sa dibdib niya.

The whispers were getting louder.

"Not here, Helene."

"I can't wait, hon. I want you now."

Mula sa siwang ay nakita niya ang pares na naghahalikan. Madilim ang parteng iyon ng kinatatayuan nila kaya hindi sila nakikita. Nanlaki ang mata niya nang mapagsino ang lalaking kasama ng babae. Ang Papa iyon ni Alex. And he was kissing that girl he called Helene!

Tinakpan bigla ni Alex ang mga mata niya, she could feel his anger on his harsh breathing, humarap siya dito at ibinaon ang mukha sa dibdib sabay takip sa tenga nito.

Biglang tumunog ang message alert tone ng phone ni Erika. Nanlaki ang mga mata niyang napatingin kay Alex.

"Somebody's here." tinig iyon ng Papa ni Alex. Kita niyang kaagad na nagkalas ang dalawa mula sa pagkakayakap at umalis doon.

Nang tingnan niya ang kababata'y hindi ito nagsalita. Alex's eyes are filled with tears and burning hatred.

Hinaplos niya ang mukha nito. "Please forget everything..." bulong niya. Tila pinupunit ang puso niya sa sakit na nakikita niya sa mukha nito. She wanted to take away his pain. She tiptoed to kiss him on his cheek. But Alex suddenly turned around and his lips met hers. Huli na para umiwas. Pareho silang natulala matapos maglapat ang kanilang labi.

It all happened in a fraction of second. Napahawak si Erika sa labi. She just had her first kiss!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 417 14
Clarisse's world turned upside down when her father sent her to San Sebastian. Hindi niya aakalaing sa ganoong paraan siya parurusahan ng ama sa mins...
Curious By Dcmuch

Teen Fiction

29.2K 1.2K 35
It was just a normal day of summer when Angelika discovered an interesting quote from Facebook. Shared, liked, and commended by a lot of people, a st...
453K 1.3K 3
A writer who had the chance to meet his portrayer and fell in love with him. -- Start: March 6, 2022 End: November 30, 2022
291K 9.2K 23
Continuation of the story of Kiel and Sofia Just for You: Part 2