RWBY: Upholding the Mission

By AgentOChaos

"Well....This is new." "Pilot, I detect sarcasm." An SRS Pilot, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N), and his Vanguard Class... More

The Pilot and his Titan
Prologue: World Folding in on Itself
Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression
Chapter Two: Back to School Sale
Chapter Three: Schools In
Chapter 5: Ass-kicking of the Century
Chapter Six: Rising Up in Forever Fall
Chapter Seven: Growing a Pair
*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use
Chapter Eight: Headache
Volume Finale: World Unfolding
Volume Epilogue: Understanding
Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage
Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up
*Filler: Two Sides, Same Coin
Volume Two Ch. Three: Not So Keikaku
Volume Two Ch. Four: Up in Flames
#Filler: One Spicy Boi
Volume Two Ch. Five: Distress Vs Destress
Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth
Volume Two Ch. Seven: Night to Remember
*Filler: Comfort in the Cold
Volume Two Ch. Eight: In the Shadow
Volume Two Ch. Nine: Let the Hunt Begin
Vol. Two Ch. Ten: Holed Up
Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces
Vol. Two Finale: Frontier Defense
*Filler: Right Fit
*Filler: Lunch Break
Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!
Vol. Three Ch. Two: Lover's Quarrel
Vol. Three Ch. Three: Blessings
Vol. Three Ch. Four: Congratulations, Love
Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am
*Filler: Breaking the Ice
Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth
Vol. Three Ch. Seven: A Courier's Hopes
Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous
Vol. Three Ch. Nine: Remnants
Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past
Vol. Three Epilogue: Rude Awakening

Chapter Four: Team Counseling

9.6K 178 178
By AgentOChaos

-First Person-

To save all of us time and precious hand strength, the ensuing "fight" between Weiss and another one of those boar grimm was as a bad one. Throughout the match, Ruby would try to give Weiss tips and motivation but, would ultimately get scolded by Weiss.

Truth was though, Weiss was in the wrong the whole time. She let herself get distracted when there was nothing TO distract her. And her many fails were actually just by products of her underestimating her opponent. At the end though, it really didn't matter since Weiss left in an even worse mood than before.

"I'm afraid that is all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings. AND stay. Vigilant. Class dismissed."

Right after, Weiss wore a scowl as she walked out the room without another word. The remainder of Team RWBY and even Jaune who I just took note of, all sat in awkward silence. Looking to Ruby, I felt bad since it seemed as though I just saw a puppy get kicked. Sighing out, I shook my head.

"And this is why I hated school....drama. At least back home the only drama was to see who was a rat..."

Thinking back to my school days, I cringed as the vivid image of a "teacher" interrogating all of us popped up. Shaking my head, before Ruby followed after Weiss. I simply stayed behind as the rest of RWBY and Jaune left. Leaving me in the classroom alone as Port came up to me. Peering at me through my helmet.

"I say, I never have seen somebody with such a choice of uniform. I presume you are...Atlesian?"

With a nod, I sat back in my seat.

"Yeah. Just arrived the other day during initiation."

"I see. Well, I must applaud you. I have never seen such tenacity, aside from myself-"

He struck a pose that made me gain a sweat-drop expression as he then continued.

"-in taking on grimm. You turned my arena into a playground with how fast you moved and how you scanned the area for such a small time. And that semblances of yours is interesting."

Hearing the appraisal, I couldn't help myself but smile. This man was radiating cool awesome uncle vibes and I was loving it. That's how I knew his whole boring schtick was actually just a schtick. Not himself.

"Thank you, sir. It actually means a lot to me."

"You are certainly the military type but, you yourself are not."

It took me a bit to understand what he meant but, then it hit me. He was saying how my gear and everything on the outside was all military urah type gear. But my personality and fighting wasn't.

"Well...I guess I can be called a freelancer of sorts. Then again, I learned all I have from other so then again.."

"Nonsense! That style of fighting and the way you use it becomes its own. Thus, making you, you."

I was a bit taken a back by this before he mentioned to me to follow as he began to leave the classroom. So, I followed.

"Tell me, boy. Do you always wear that helmet?"

"Uhm. Just not when I sleep shower or eat."

Port rewarded my half-witted joke with a hearty laugh that made me chuckle.

"Of course you don't! But, I meant, outside of those. Do you not?"

I thought about this for a bit and went to answer but, then it struck me. Since I finished pilot training and went straight to fighting, I never once removed my helmet unless those criteria were met. Then, I let out a soft sigh. One that he noticed right away as we entered a balcony of sorts. Now seeing the sun beginning to set, I raised an eyebrow at how the day seemed to just faded.

"No. Not since I finished my training to be a soldier...I've been afraid to show my face."

"I see. Well, my boy. Your face does not define you. It's merely a costume you wear to become something. Not someone. So, may I politely ask you remove your helmet?"

I flinched at the request but, he had a point. Hesitantly, I lifted a gloved hand to my helmet's side and pressed the button that released it. A few clicks here and a few pieces there, the bottom would open as I slowly slid my helmet off. The wind hitting my face made me shiver slightly as I noticed Port's eyes widened. I noted how he would look at all my facial scars and what not.

"My goodness...that face is not the face of a first year student. It's the face of a man who has seen war...Just what does Atlas do to its young?"

I grunted out as I felt my head droop slightly as my shoulders came up.

"More than what's on the books.."

"My boy..."

Looking up at him, he wore a soft smile as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You should not be ashamed. I do not know what you have been through your entire life but, I know it is much more than what I have. But, remember that what is on the outside, is not what is on the inside. Besides! I believe women love scars! You, my boy, will achieve many! Maybe too many..."

Port let out an uproar of a laugh as I was left blinking with a bit wide eyes, I felt a tear run down my cheek. This man was single handedly breaking me down in a way that felt like family. Smiling, I wiped my eyes before nodding.

"Thank you, sir..."

However, we were both brought out of our conversation when we heard footsteps. Cursing under my breath, I put my helmet back on as Port looked at me with a smile. I returned the gesture and I felt as though he could tell. Looking at the approaching figure, I tilted my head when I noticed it was Weiss. Rather angry or growly, she seemed a bit....down.

"Professor Port?"

"Ah! Miss Shuh-nee!"

This caused me to snicker slightly as he spoke up once again.

"And to what do I owe this fine pleasure?"

He said with his hands behind his back as he leaned forward a bit. Weiss seemed uncertain at first before speaking up.

"I...I enjoyed your lecture!"

"Of course you did, child! You have the blood of a true huntress in you!"

Weiss seemed to perk up at this. Even giving a small smile that, I thought was quite cute. In the small time I had gotten to know Weiss, she was the basic snobby bratty rich girl but, there were the few times where she was...different. Shaking away my thoughts, I listened back in.

"You really think so?"

"Most surely!"

However, Weiss's smile seemed to dissipate as she looked off to the side. Port simply hummed as to what her reaction was. Meanwhile, I just chuckled under my helmet knowing the old man's trick. Act oblivious then, give wisdom.

"Something's troubling you.."

"Yes, sir.."

"Dear girl, confess me to your strife!"

I let out a small laugh as Weiss looked to me with a confused scowl. Port on the other hand, simply smiled.

"Well...I think I should have been the leader of Team RWBY!"

Suddenly, I choked and coughed as I hit my chest.

"Ex-friggin-cuse you?"

I would have cursed but, knowing Port, he probably wouldn't like that. Port on the other hand, just stood there in place as a bird was heard off to the side.

"That's preposterous!"

Weiss blinked as I laughed loudly while holding onto the rail behind me.

"Excuse me!?"

"I have believed Ozpin for many years! And the man has never once led me astray!"

"So you would just blindly accept his decision, even after seeing how exceptional I am?"

"With all due respect, you exceptional skill on the battlefield is only matched by your poor attitude."

Behind them, I was beginning to laugh more as I leaned over the railing.

"This man! He's gonna kill me!"

Weiss yelled out "how dare you!?" Her tone being distressed, shocked and offended. Proving Port only further.

"My point exactly. I see a girl before me who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted."

"That's not even remotely true!"

She said with a cross of her arms as Port's eyebrow slowly raised as I stood back. Recovering from my laughing fit.

"Well...not entirely true."

"So the outcome did not fall in your favor. Do you really believe that acting in such a manner would cause those in power to reconsider their decision? So instead of fretting about what you don't have, savor what you do. Hone your skills, perfect every technique, and be not the best leader but, the best person you can be."

I saw Weiss's lips curl into a small smile as I knew Port's plan worked. Right after, Port would begin to leave and I'd notice Ruby passing by the entrance. Smiling a bit before I turned to Weiss.

"So, turns out the boring blabber mouth is actually the most caring person ever and the ice queen is actually good at heart."

Weiss scoffed before giggling as she walked over to the railing. Standing behind it as I leaned on it while looking off at the view. It was quite something, really.

-Third Person-

As the two watched the sun set, (Y/N) would break the silence.

"Being a leader isn't as great as people say its cut out to be. Gotta look over yourself, your squad, the men of your men, overall, no that good. Every little mistake can potentially toss the battle against you. However, its those same men that help you up and guide you as a leader. You should be that person to Ruby. She's got her screwed head on nicely. Never really saw a lot of that back home."

Looking over to Weiss, (Y/N) noticed a smile on her face before she let out a small giggle.

"Thank you...And I will. But, why do you always wear that helmet?"

She reached up and traced a finger along the visor. She now noticed that the visor's screen had a hexagonal line-pattern. Under the helmet, (Y/N) blushed madly as he gulped down a feeling. Grabbing her hand lightly, he'd bring it down and let go.

"We all have our secrets. Gotta unlock em if ya really care."

He'd say as he walked backwards with his arms held up at his sides. Weiss simply smiled before going after him. The pilot turning around and beginning to leave.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. Care to join me?"

(Y/N) suddenly stopped as he slowly turned around as he stared at her through the helmet. Weiss stopped and blinked as he then snickered.

"Is THE Weiss Shuh-nee asking me out to accompany her to eat!?"

Weiss let out a small laugh as she then shook her head with a small roll of the eyes. Noticing how he referenced Port's manner of saying her last name. She then continued on her way with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Fine. Then I'll eat alone. A nice pleasant dinner with a side and then a cool beverage."

"I don't remember saying no!"

(Y/N) chased after her as she yelled out while laughing lightly.

-First Person-

Weiss and I now sat in the cafeteria which was now pretty empty thanks to the fact it was night time. The both of us were just sharing laughs and stories as we just overall enjoyed each other's presence.

"And then, Gates decided to fastball me right into the face of a beowolf!"

Weiss burst out laughing more as I followed right after. I was telling about stories I had with parties like the 6-4 or Angel City Elite. Of course, these stories were heavily abridged and edit to conceal the fact I wasn't of this planet. It sucked having to live behind secrecy though...it wouldn't be the first time.

We both stopped laughing, albeit with a bit of struggling as we tried to calm down. In front of me, a platter of steak with mashed potatoes. The first ever meal I've had since, well, I don't know! Yet, the helmet stayed on, just slipped up enough to eat. Weiss seemed to notice my content so, she asked.

"You eat like you haven't eaten in a long time."

"Hey! Try living off MREs for 7 years!"

Weiss cringed at the thought before I saw her face turn into confusion. Looking up from her meal, she tilted her head to the side.

"7 years?"

My eyes widened a bit as I noticed my mistake before quickly thinking of an excuse. Instantly, I thought of something.

"Yeah! Born into a military family. Dad enlisted me into Atlas at 10. Then for 7 years I trained and fought. And fought more....wow I have fought a lot more than I thought..."

My face drooped I before saw Weiss stand up and picking up her tray.

"What? Was it something I said?"

Weiss giggled as she threw her food and entered the lunch-line again. This time since it was empty, she just slid all the way up. Getting up, I did the same as I watched her grab two cups and fill them with coffee. Setting them on a tray with sugar and creamer before heading to leave. Slipping right up next to her.

"Oi, where ya taking that?"

"Well..."

Weiss turned to me and smiled lightly. Damn that's cute. Shaking my head once again, I then smiled upon her next few words.

"I'm going to help guide my leader."

Chuckling out, I followed after her with a small skip in my step. Although, that was sort of my jump-kit lagging up a bit. Causing Weiss to giggle as she looked at tue large device behind on my lower back.

-Third Person-

As (Y/N) stood outside the team RWBY, he laid his back against the wall next to the door. After a bit, Weiss came out with a relieved sigh and smile before noticing (Y/N). To which he replied with.

"Oh crap. Can you see me? Dammit. I knew I shouldn't have bought those invisible lima beans from that homeless man..."

She titled her head before chuckling as the young pilot stood upright and placed a hand over her head. Patting it lightly as he smiled brightly under his helmet. Weiss was going to protest until she eventually just gave into the headpats. Liking it somewhat.

"Good job, ice queen. You did well, ya know."

"Well, I have many people to thank for that."

Looking down at her and her looking up at him, they both smiled before collectively turning red. Stepping back from each other as they had their own reactions. Weiss looked away with her usual heiress glare but, it would falter into a small smile right after. (Y/N) would reach to his helmet and mess with what was a lamp on the left side. Although, they were both smiling.

"Well...I should go. Pretty late. And I still need to do homework."

"Yeah. Same."

They looked at one another with smiles before giggling and turned their own separate ways. Beginning to walk but, the young pilot stopped and turned around.

"Weiss?"

The heiress was a bit surprised as she had stopped and looked to him. Tilting her head to the side as she could feel the boy smiling at her.

"Ice Queen~"

"Ugh! Of course you would!"

This ruined the whole mood as Weiss stomped away but, (Y/N) could tell she was smiling. Because she was, just, doing it in a manner so he couldn't see. (Y/N) just wore a grin as he continued on his way to his dorm.

-First Person-

As I arrived at my dorm, I'd unlock it by swiping my scroll past the door lock. Right after, a click was heard as I entered my room with a yawn. Clicking my helmet's side, I'd take it off and set it down on my table. Thinking about Weiss, my lips curled into a smile before Athena spoke out. Scaring the absolute shit out of me.

"PILOT, YOUR HEART RATE IS EXCEEDING NORMAL STANDARDS."

"Christ on a stick!"

Whipping my head to her, I'd stare at her singular eye before sighing out. Athena's eye stayed on me as she spoke out.

"SORRY TO SCARE YOU, PILOT."

"It's alright...just forgot you were here...now that I think about it, you were silent the entire time I was with Weiss..."

"I DID NOT WANT TO INTERRUPT YOU AND MISS SCHNEE, PILOT. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY RUDE."

Sighing out, I chuckled as I walked up to the window and leaned out. Patting the hatch piece of her chassis.

"All is forgiven. And girls are temporary, a titan and their pilot is forever."

"PILOT, I DO NOT THINK MY CHASSIS COULD LAST FOREVER."

Giggling out, I leaned back inside before taking out my scroll along with a pair of books and paper. Getting to work on homework and studying after sitting at my desk.

After a while, I had fallen asleep on my table with all my homework done, textbooks stacked, I laid on a pillow made of my own suited arm.

-Third Person-

As Athena peered at her pilot, she was about to say something before seeing his vital signs and brain patterns. Noting he was asleep, she simply reached into the room, she simply picked him up gently to not wake him before setting him down on the bed. Pulling the covers over him as she then sat back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 528 18
After the Frontier war against the IMC, the Militia has now finally won what thought to be a endless war and now the galaxy will live in peace. The M...
22.5K 751 35
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...
924 51 11
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
116K 1.7K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...