Initials Only | SAMPLE ONLY

By linzvonc

โค๏ธA TRUTH OR DARE TEXTING TEEN FICTION STORYโค๏ธ ๐ŸŽ– An Inkitt Summer Of Love Winner โค๏ธ SAMPLE ONLY- READ FOR F... More

C O P Y R I G H T
T R A I L E R
C H A R A C T E R | A E S T H E T I C S
D U L U X
T R U T H โ€ขORโ€ข D A R E
Want more?

Y O U โ€ข G O Tโ€ข A N Yโ€ข I D ?

750 41 4
By linzvonc

"Why don't you girls stay here for once? I can order pizza-"

"Dad, I'm sorry, but Sheena is expecting me and I've got to get two buses. I don't want to be out in the dark, not in town anyway."

I know that'll work, because my Dad is anything if not cautious. He nods briskly, pulling me into a bear hug. I do love my Dad, but he really needs to calm it on the parental front. Even Mum is more relaxed than him, and she is always stressing out. Perks of being a manager I guess.

"I can pick you up tomorrow if you want, I'm coming back that way around noon?"

"That would be great. See you tomorrow!" I call cheerily, digging in my bag for my bus pass. I need to pass my driving test already- I'm so over living so far away from everything. School is two bus rides away, if it was a sunny day I'll walk, but it still takes close to a hour. Some days I don't mind though, and quite enjoy the walk.

My fingers brush the cool plastic of my bus card, and I hurry towards the bus stop, checking over my shoulder constantly to make sure a bus wasn't sneaking up on me. It's raining, and I curse living in England. I mean, it's beautiful and all, with its lush greenery and little cottages, but the weather is just miserable. It isn't just wet and rainy, it's freezing. I wrap my leather jacket around me, shifting my weight from one foot to the other before the yellow glow of headlights alert me to the bus travelling towards me.

I push my earphones into my ears as I locate a seat, hoisting my bag onto my lap. I avoid making eye contact with the groups of friends on the bus, all clearly heading into town judging by their outfits and excited voices. Soon, my music drowns them out, and I rest my head on the window, the rumble of the bus comforting me as it drove through the slick streets.

Almost an hour later I'm walking up Sheena's drive, feeling almost ready for bed as opposed to a night out. I push open the door to hear music blasting from Sheena's room, so I make my way up there. The room looks like a bomb has gone off, a mixture of coloured fabrics littered the bed, which I move so that I can perch on the edge. Sheena is sat cross legged in front of a large mirror, caking her face in make up that she really didn't need.

"Oh God, you're late! Quick, get ready. We've got a taxi booked to pick us up in an hour."

An hour?

I shrug, not understanding what she is so worried about. I could cook a meal for six in that time, or read half a book. An hour-

"What are you wearing?" Sheena eyes me in the mirror, one smoky gold eye examining my reflection mercilessly. "I'm wearing my gold strappy top, jeans and heels."

"I was going to wear this with a blazer and jeans," I shrug, pulling out a shimmering green vest. It is perfect against my tanned skin, which I thank my mother for. She is olive skinned, and that I was grateful for. My dad is a typical Englishman- pale with freckles. I've inherited his green eyes though, and Mum swears that's what made her fall in love with him.

"Malik is definitely going," Sheena says, rummaging through her make up case like she is on Supermarket Sweep. "So I have to look shit hot."

"Sheena. You're a goddess, you look good first thing in the morning."

"Aw babes. You're too cute. Ditch the blazer honey, it makes you look like a TA."

"But it's raining," I argue, despite stripping out of my clothes and into my outfit. I've not had time to do much to my hair, but I'm lucky that it's naturally wavy and long. It makes it easy to just leave loose, especially in the rain.

Either way, I'll look like a drowned rat, so why make the effort?

"So?! Here, drink this."

Sheena thrusts a bottle into my hand, the contents sloshing around as I unscrew the lid. I shudder when the fuel like smell hits me, yet I force a smile.

"Bottoms up."

I decide to go for nude lips and smoky dark eyes under Sheena's instruction, and ditch the blazer. I'll probably catch the flu or something, but at least I look the part. As the taxi speeds through the streets, I feel a knot of nerves in my stomach.

"It's exhilarating!" Sheena grins, when I voice my concerns to her. She looks amazing, and for the millionth time I envy her confidence. "Like, literally, we are only this age once. We have to live Rose! When you see Fletcher, just be direct. Tell him you want his number, or better yet, just kiss the guy!"

I bite back laughter, the image of me walking up to Fletcher and behaving like that was positively hysterical. It'd be like an episode of Punk'd. Sheena grabs my arm excitedly when the taxi slows, the driver nodding at the house beside us. I'm mortified that he's pulling up right outside, as it means everyone will see us. I swallow nervously, paying my half of the fare to Sheena before we get out of the taxi.

We hurry through the rain, squeals of laughter escaping us as we try to dodge puddles. A guy with a shaved head nods at us with disinterest, shaking his head as he inhales on his cigarette. I avoid his eyes as we walk in, the amount of bodies crushing against mine making me feel suffocated instantly.

I hated being short.

I grab Sheena's hand as she leads the way, stopping when we reach the kitchen. A tall guy with blonde messy hair is fixing drinks, his eyes widening when he spots the two of us.

"Yo, you got any ID?"

I almost turn and walk away before he roars with laughter, waving his hand apologetically.

"Hilarious," Sheena says, nodding at the crate of drinks. "What you got in there?"

I take the opportunity to glance around us, realising I barely recognise anyone. It was only when I saw Claudia walking down the stairs, the crowd parting for her like she is royalty, did I notice Fletcher walking down after her. My heart did its usual round of applause upon seeing him, and I squeeze Sheena's hand as she peered around me.

"Your man looks good tonight. Go say hello!"

I scowl at her before gesturing to Fletcher, who is standing against the wall looking bored.

"Yeah, because he looks so damn approachable. Plus he has just come downstairs with Claudia so-"

"Yolo," whispers Sheena, pushing me in the direction of Fletcher, making me slip unsteadily on the uneven floor.

"Shit," I hiss, steadying myself on the wall, sending mental death threats to Sheena who grins at me widely. Fletcher glances at me strangely as I approach, and I know I have to say something.

"Uh, hi."

Oh my God.

I sound like a girl scout. My voice is all high pitched and girly, making me sound like I'm a fan of his. I mean, I was, but- shit!

He raises his eyebrows, glancing around him before he frowns.

"Are you talking to me?"

His eyes narrow, his gaze sweeping over me briefly. He just looks pissed off. It didn't help that he looks better than he has ever looked before, his tousled dark hair falling into his dark green eyes as he stares at me with annoyance.

Breathe, Rose.

"Yes," I squeak out, as he nods slowly.

"I don't know you, do I?" he checks cautiously, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

"Nope. Bye!"

I turn on my heel, falling apart when Sheena grips my arms excitedly.

"You did it! You spoke to him!"

"I actually hate you. He thinks I'm a right dick now!" I grab Sheena's drink from her, swallowing it down, before handing her the empty glass.

"Well, shall we go downstairs? Apparently they're playing a game-"

"Is it called how many different ways can I kill my best friend without getting caught? Because I've got a few ideas," I ask innocently, as Sheena folds her arms.

"Look, you've been crushing on Fletcher since day dot. You've spoke to him now, and you never know, he might remember you. Now come on, let's go and see what's going on downstairs."

I grumble about how sad Fletcher must think I am, before following her down the stairs to the basement. There's a small circle of people, all of which are lounging on beanbags and benches. I can't decide if the basement resembles a pub or a gym, considering there are weights everywhere and strangely enough- a bar in the corner.

"I love this house," murmurs Sheena, before dragging me to the seats. She settles herself down beside two cute guys, and I follow suit by sitting in between one of them and a girl I've never seen before. She gives me a warm smile though, and I feel a little bit better.

"Just in time, bitches," crows a voice I recognise as Felicity's. She's a buxom blonde who wears way too much eye make up, her chest spilling out over the top of her corset. "Truth or dare!"

Everyone shifts a little, seeming to wake up a bit with that announcement. I notice more and more people joining in, and I try not to panic. What if I'm given some horrendous dare, or worse, asked a ridiculously embarrassing question? I mean, I could lie, right?

Right?

Authors Note:

THIS IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE ON INKITT & GALATEA UNTIL THE END OF MARCH. PLEASE ADD THIS TO YOUR LIBRARY FOR FURTHER UPDATES!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 205K 55
"When I tell you that he hates me, you'll probably assume it's because he's a jerk...but you'd be wrong. He's not a jerk. I am." --- Several...
195K 9.4K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
202K 10.5K 15
They weren't supposed to meet. But life does that sometimes; it throws in a couple of new faces that bring you the utmost of joys in the most unlikel...
931K 82.8K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...