Claiming Waters

By sarahsod123

(reader) is a lover of the ocean, she has always dreamed of going with her father on his research vessel. Tra... More

Chapter 1: Where the am I?
Chapter 2: Survive or Die
Chapter 3: What a Catch!
Chapter 4: From Dawn till Dusk
Chapter 5: There are Others
Chapter 6: Time With the Girls
Chapter 7: Law's Discovery
Chapter 8: My Deadly New Friend
Chapter 10: Into the Sea
Chapter 11: A Cold Night
Chapter 12: Reality of a Nightmare
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 13: Truth Behind The Lies
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: Their Dreams and Mine
Chapter 16: She's Awake

Chapter 9: A Change in the Weather

1.4K 81 18
By sarahsod123

(Reader's) POV:

My morning was rough to say the least. After what happened with Law last night, I might have been better off fighting a bear. My body urged me to stay in bed, however I knew I had to clean up the mess outside. If Luffy saw the deck, I'm sure he'd think I was attacked. Which in all fairness I was. 

I slowly sat up, feeling the pain rack everyone of my muscles. Bruises decorated my body like paint splotches, good luck trying to hide them with a tee-shirt. I looked over to my rations, I was running low. My hope was dwindling. In a bizarre siren world where I am the only human to ever exist. Rescue seemed impossible. Regardless of my gloomy-looking fate, I still had the will to live. I pried open the canned food, and dug in. I begrudgingly stopped halfway to preserve what I had. I put the can aside, and threw on a tee shirt. Stepping outside felt like a new world, the sky was clouded over for the first time. The clouds were dark and ready to pour.

"Finally rain!" I said, joyously clapping my hands together. I put out a small tarp, tying the corner upwards, so that water would collect in the center. Slowly but sure, the clouds opened up, releasing the rainfall. As the droplets coated my skin, I could feel the cool relief. It was like I was being washed anew. My hair was quickly drenched, and my shirt clinged to my body. There was a certain peace to lying on my back in the rain. I closed my eyes, and my focus was lost as I went into a meditative state.

'Why haven't I found land yet?' I asked myself.

'It's possible I could have ended up in an ocean current' I theorized.

'But if I was in a current, then wouldn't I be moving away from these shallow, warm waters?' Disproving myself.

'Then again, I don't even know what sea I'm in. My compass doesn't even work, and for all I know I could be in another universe.' My brain was puzzled, how could I begin to solve something I know nothing about.

After a couple hours, I could feel the rain slow, and droplets become less frequent. I cracked my eyes open to see rays of sunlight shine through the sky once again. I steady myself, sitting up into an upright position. I was thrilled to see the tarp pulling downward, filled with rain water. I quickly reached inside the pod, grabbing empty water bottles. I submerge the bottles into the pool, filling the containers as much as possible. When only a small puddle was left, I tilted the edges of the trap. Guiding the water straight into the bottles.

I wiped my brow and smiled. 'Finally something good for a change.' The sky had an orange tint to it, guess I didn't realize how late in the day it was before I got up. The sun was patiently waiting for the moon to take its place. I sat on the edge of the boat, with my legs dangling in the water.

'Hmm... wonder where Luffy is,' not once has he visited me today. But I can't blame him, he has a life of his own apart from me. I reached into the pod, and grabbed the sailor's journal. Snuggling up against the hard exterior of the ship, I began reading.

Luffy's Pov:

Earlier in the day...

Above the water, the weather was taking a turn for the worst. Dark clouds gathered in the sky, I picked up my pace hoping to reach (reader) before the storm. The boat was sitting exactly where I left it, calming my worries of (reader) floating away. I broke the surface,

"(Reader)!" I called, expecting to see her sitting outside waiting for me.

The boat was empty. I tried again, "Hey (Reader)! (Reeaaaddeerrr)!" I swam around knocking the boat, hoping to see (reader) emerge from her hole. Besides the sound of the waves, nothing could be heard. '(reader) should have come out by now' I thought.

Pulling myself up onto the boat, I could see it was a mess. It looked like the storm had already hit. Not to say (reader) is unorganized, but she would never keep the ship like this! I began to worry, I reached for the opening of (reader)'s hole, praying she was in there.

"(Reader), you better be in here" I whispered to myself. And sure enough, there she was. Curled up in bed, still sound asleep. Her relaxed body and shallow breathing was cute, there was no way she heard me outside. I brushed the loose strands of hair out her face, admiringly.

'(Reader) is so nice' I thought, still caressing her hair. 'I could watch her all day long'. however , I glanced outside, seeing the storm clouds getting darker. Sighing, I looked back at her.

"Alright fine, just for today" I said, bending down to kiss her forehead.

I began to shuffle out, I stopped right before I shut the door.

"Sleep tight (reader), wake up well rested okay? I want to play together tomorrow," and with that I shut the hatch, and lowered myself back into the water.

 I swam off, 'I have to remember to ask (reader) why the ship is such as mess' I said internally.

(Reader)'s POV:

"Decided to go for a swim huh?" A deep male voice caught my ear. Looking up, I saw Law's head poking out of the water. His wet hair clinging to his forehead.

"What?.."

He pointed to my damp hair.

"Oh no, I just was out in the rain today". He nodded, swimming closer. Grabbing the railing, he hauled himself up into the boat. the ship dipped in the water due to the shift in weight. Law propped himself on the edge beside me, his tail dragging in the water next to my feet; what a contrast. I placed the book off to my side, giving him my full attention. Law clearly took notice of my bruises and cut, but said nothing. 

"Why? You could have just stayed dry in your little hole" he looked over at the pod.

"This is the first rainshower since I got here, there was no way I was gonna spend my time sitting in the pod."

"Rain is uncommon here, you're lucky to have caught it." Law said.

"You're telling me, and it's a good thing too. I was almost out of water," the Siren looked puzzled.

"If you haven't noticed (reader), you're surrounded by water, I don't think it's possible to run out," his smirk mocks me.

I let out an airy chuckle, "yep your right, but to me the entire ocean is poison."

Law cocked his head to the side, suspicious of my words.

"Shouldn't you remove 'those' from the water then" he said, gesturing to my feet.

"No, not like that, see the ocean's water is far too salty for me to drink. If I drank saltwater then I would die from dehydration. I can only consume freshwater, meaning it has a lower salt concentration and is safe."

"Interesting, just another way you differ from me"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Sirens absorb water through our skin, hence, we have no need to consume liquids" Law explained

"Really!? Wait, so does that mean you only digest food?" I stared at him with wide eyes, curious about the unknown.

"Well not really, true we don't have to ingest water, however there are...," he hesitated "'pleasure' beverages we drink"

It took me a second, "oh, you mean alcohol?"

Law nodded, "the swordsman Zoro-ya particularly enjoys it"

I chuckled, "why does that not surprise me," I said.

"What are you reading?" Law asked, reaching across my body to grab the book. His chest lightly pressing against my body, I leaned back to try to lessen the contact

'Too close!' I thought to myself, 'especially for someone who recently tried to kill me'.

"It's the old journal of a sailor, pretty interesting, he has some really detailed accounts of his adventures on the high seas" I watched Law flip through the pages, his tattoo fingers grazing over the sailor's penmanship.

"Can Sirens read?" I asked, it seemed like an obvious question.

Law however looked insulted, "Of course! what am I? Some sort of primitive creature to you"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that I showed Luffy the book, and he didn't seem to understand the writing. I just thought you might speak a different language or something" I said trying to give reason to my blunt question.

Law directed his attention back towards the pages. "... Well it would make sense if you tried to show Straw-hat, he's not a good representation of our intelligence."

I chuckled, "yeah I could definitely tell there was a pretty big difference between Robin and Luffy, and I don't mean gender." a flash crossed Law's eyes, something about what I said caught his ear.

"Speaking of gender, I assume you're a female in your species." I choked a little on his statement, trying to conceal a laugh.

"Um, yeah. How'd you know?" Law frowned, not caring enough to respond to my joke of a question.

The conversation stopped when I felt a hand graze my right calf. Law stared at my leg, squeezing and poking.

"Umm... Law?" I attempted to grab his attention, however he was focused on something else.

"I want to try something," he was not asking for permission.

"O-okay" I said, a little uneasy as to what he might do. He went all around my calf, I twitched away when his hand grazed under my knee. After seeing this, Law tapped my knee until he hit the spot. I kicked forward, jumping out of his grasp. He seemed to be entertained by my reaction

"Is this an experiment? I can probably just tell you the answers you're looking for," once again Law ignored me, putting his hand back on my leg.

His hand slowly inched up my leg to the thigh. Law seemed to be looking for tendons and muscles, creating a mental image of my leg. He went closer to the inside of my thigh, I felt my cheeks warm at his touch.

"Law," I said louder. "Please stop," he looked up and stopped his actions, removing his hand. He stared intently at my face, obviously noticing my blush.

"Is the inside of my leg a sensitive area?" He asked.

I felt flustered at his question, "kinda, it's just not a place people touch often" I tried my best to answer him like normal.

I coughed, "Did you get the results you were looking for?"

"Yes" a one word answer.

"And What was that?"

"Human legs are sensitive to the touch" he said

"I could have just told you that!" I blurted.

Law smirked, "I prefer hands on learning" he said, hidden intent dripping from his words. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 1.4K 39
𝕻𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊, 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖗 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘. 【one piece x reader】 re-upload since wattpad took it down...
56.6K 1.3K 9
( Male Yandere x Female Reader)(Oneshots) →→ There is something in you that attracts boys . But these aren't any ordinary boys. They are insane...cra...
495K 25.8K 89
(m. yandere x f. reader) (complete) (Y/n) was a seventeen year old loner. Her mother earned her living creating and producing drugs. Her brother was...
3K 210 20
[Reader's Gender is not specified] You Yes, You. I can feel you. don't you feel me? ♦•♦•♦ "[Reader]" "The time has com...