pretty girl diggory- R.Weasley

By ronweasleysgirly

On February 28th, 1980 a peculiar girl was born in Devon, England. Her name was Celeste Diggory. Celeste was... More

Greetings
prologue/ cast
1:1
1:3
1:5
1:6
1:7
1:8
1:9
1:10
1:11
2:1
2:2
2:3
2:4
2:5
2:6
2:7
2:8
2:9
2:10
2:11
2:12
2:13
2:14
2:15
2:16
2:17
3:1
3:2
3:3
3:4
3:5
3:6
3:7
3:8
3:9
3:10
3:11
3:12
3:13
3:14
3:15
YEAR 4
4:1
4:2
4:3
4:4
4:5
4:6
4:7
4:8
4:9
4:10
4:11
4:12
4:13
YEAR 5
5:1
5:2
5:3
5:4
5:5
5:6
5:7
5:8
5:9
5:10
5:11
5:12
5:13
5:14
5:15
5:16
5:17
5:18
5:19
5:20
5:21
5:22
5:23
5;24
5:25
5;26

1:2

1.8K 54 24
By ronweasleysgirly

After changing into her robes she started walking back to her compartment she heard voices.

"—- Oh this is Crabbe, Goyle, And my names Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

She nearly ran when she heard her best friends' voice.  "Draco!" She giggled while hugging him.
"I've seen you've met Harry and Ron, They're very nice boys." Ron laughed but tried to cover it with a cough.

"Think my name is funny so you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley." Draco snarled.

"Yeah, you would think that you couldn't hear Celeste introducing us." Ron said, rolling his eyes.

Draco turned to back to Harry. " You'll soon find out that some Wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you with that."

He held out his hand, But harry didn't take it. "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Harry said cooly.

Draco's cheeks went slightly pink. "I'd be careful if I were you, Potter. Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way your parents did," Celeste paled at that. She knew Draco was mean to people who pissed him off, but she didn't expect him to talk about Harry's dead parents. "They didn't know what was good for them either. You hang out with riffraff like the Weasleys and Hagrid, it'll rub off on you."

Ron started to get red as a tomato so Celeste stepped in. "Draco, stop it. The Weasleys are nice people. Apologize. And apologize for talking about Harry's dead parents!"

"You may be my best friend Celeste, but you can't make me apologize to these losers." Draco turned and walked away with his goons.

She turned around while Harry and Ron were changing in to their robes. She faced Harry and Ron, " I'm sorry about him. I would say he's not always like that, but he is." She sighed.

"It's not your fault that's hes a git. By the way, if you're so nice, how are you friends with Malfoy?" Ron asked, while getting his stuff as the train started to stop.

"Our mums became friends at Hogwarts, and Cedric is best friends with his brother."

They got out of the train and towards a half giant. "Firs' years!  firs' years over here! Alright there Harry?" Harry smiled as a reply.

All the first years followed the half giant, which she found from harry that his name was Hagrid, to a great black lake.

"No more than four to a boat!" Hagrid called. Celeste got into a boat with Harry, Ron, And Hermione. "Everyone in? Alright then—- FORWARD!" And with his command, the boats started to move on their own. "Wow, This is brilliant!" Celeste had never seen anything like it. Yeah she lived in a wizarding community but self rowing boats! Amazing. And the castle! So much better in person.

When they got off the boats they all walked over and crowded the giant oak doors. When everyone got there Hagrid knocked on the door three times. The door opened quickly to show a tall grayed hair stern looking professor. She looked like she was someone you shouldn't cross. "The first years are here Professor McGonagall." Hagrid told her.

"Thank you Hagrid."

She opened the doors that lead to the entrance hall. Every first year looked at it in awe. Professor McGonagall lead them to a small chamber to explain the Sorting ceremony . She then left.

"How exactly do they sort us?" Harry asked ron.

"Some sort of tests, I think. Fred says it hurts a lot, but i think he was joking."

"It's just the sorting hat." Celeste reassured them with a smile. "My brother told me about it. Apparently you just put the hat on and it calls out your house."

It seemed to calm them, but only a little. Hermione was whispering spells under her breath as if to remember them. Now that she thinks about it, everyone was nervous except her. She was nervous that morning, but then she thought, any house wouldn't be bad. Her father would probably be disappointed but only for a week or two at most.

All of the sudden she heard gasps and screams. She looked around and saw that there were ghosts floating all around. And they seemed to be- arguing?

As the doors Celeste's saw thousands of candles floating in the air over four long tables, where the rest of the students sat. The tables were laid with beautiful gold plates and goblets. At the top of the hall there was another table where the teachers were sitting.         

Professor McGonagall led the first years up here, so that they came to a halt in a line facing the students, with the teachers behind them. Celeste looked around the hundred of faces and saw Cedric and Julian waving to her from the Hufflepuff and Slytherin table. She heard Hermione wispher to Harry that the ceiling was bewitched to look like the sky outside.

The four of them looked forward as Professor McGonagall put a four legged stool infront of the first years, with a pointed wizard hat on top of it. All of the sudden, the hat started to twitch, then began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your black,
Your sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in ,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in ,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old ,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the Sorting Hat finished its song. It bowed to each table then became quite still again.
"So we've just got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to Harry and Celeste. "I told you Ron. I don't think this school would make 11 year olds fight trolls when half of us don't know any spells." Said Celeste.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." McGonagall said, "Abbott, Hannah!"
A pink faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of lne, put on the hat, which fell over her eyes, and sat down. A moments pause :

"HUFFLEPUFF!" Shouted the hat. Before Celeste knew it, McGonagall was calling her name. "Diggory, Celeste!" Mcgonagall called. She stepped up and sat on the stool. McGonagall put the hat on her, covering her eyes.

   "Ah, Another Diggory. All the traits of all the houses. Brave at heart, Loyal and patient, Wise and smart, Cunning and Sly. You're very powerful Celeste, very powerful indeed. Hm, you want to be in Hufflepuff? You would do very well in Slytherin though. Yes, yes I think I've made my choice." After what felt like 10 thousand hours, The Sorting Hat called her house:

"SLYTHERIN!" When Professor Mcgonagall pulled off the hat Celeste couldn't help but grin a little. She looked over to her brother, and he looking happy, clapping along with the Slytherins as she sat down.

"Hermione Granger!" Celeste lifted her head at Hermiones name. Hermione basically ran to the stool.  "GRYFFINDOR !"

"Neville Longbottom!" The boy who kept losing his toad fell over on his way over. "GRYFFINDOR!" Neville ran off with the hat on, and had to run back to give it back.

"Draco Malfoy!" The hat barely touched his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!" Celeste smiled at that and Draco went to sit by her. "Seems like we got our wish, right?"

"Melody Phillips!" Draco and Celeste looked up. Just like Draco, the hat didnt even touch her head before it called, "SLYTHERIN!" The whole table cheered. Like the Malfoys, the Philips were rich powerful purebloods.

"Potter, Harry!" Everyone started whispering when Harry walked up.

"Potter, did she say?"

"The Harry Potter?"

Harry sat down on the chair. Atleast 2 minutes passed until the hat said, "Better be GRYFFINDOR!" Harry took the hat off and walked over to the Gryffindor table.

After Dean Thomas and Lisa Turpin, Ron Weasley was finally called. He was pale green by now.  Both Harry and Celeste crossed their  fingers. "GRYFFINDOR!" Celeste started to clap, sure it wasn't Slytherin but atleast he got the house he wanted.

"Blaise Zabini!" Made it into Slytherin.

Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. "Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few workds. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

"Where were you guys on the train?" Celeste said, while grabbing a bowl of pasta.

"Looking for you!" Melody grumbled. "We had to sit with those goons Crabbe and Goyle becuase Julian didn't want us sitting with him and his friends."

"I sat with Harry and Ron," Celeste said between bites. "They're very nice." Celeste looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw Ron staring at her. She blushed and looked down.

"Oh Merlin, you don't like Weasley do you?" Draco asked.

I don't know him that well yet! I don't know." Celeste sighed. She was getting tired, And didn't want to get in a fight with Draco.

"So will you children help win the house cup? We've won in every year for 6 years." The bloody baron, who was sitting next to Draco asked. "Uh- Yes sure." Celeste said, not wanting to look at the ghost any more.

When everyone ate as much as they could, the food disappeared and dessert appeared. Celeste grabbed a few strawberries and started to eat them.

"Hey Draco." A girl who looked a lot like a pug was standing behind Celeste and Draco.
"Hello? Who are you?" Draco said, clearly annoyed. The pug faced girl squeezed between Celeste and Draco.

"Pansy parkinson. Pureblood." Pansy smiled.
"And who are you two?" She asked, now facing Melody and Celeste.

" Celeste Diggory and Melody Philips. Draco's best friends." Said Celeste.

"Not for long." Pansy said slyly, before turning back to Draco.

After a long hour of Pansy flirting with Draco, and insulting Melody and Celeste, Dinner was over. Dumbledore got up to speak again.
"Ahem— just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well. I have also been asked by Mr.Filch, the caretaker, to remind you that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.
Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact madam Hootch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds for anyone who does not wish to die a painful death."

"Oh gosh." Celeste muttered. Why would they keep something that could cost a painful death to their students?

"And now before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" Cried Dumbledore. Dumbledore gave his wand a flick, and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted it self, like a snake, into words.

"Everyone pick your favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "And off we go!" And the school started to sing.

Everybody finished the song at different times, The Weasley twins being the last. When they finished, Dumbledore clapped the loudest.
"Ah music!" he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now bedtime. Off you trot."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 154 25
*Completed* Aine Estoileon was just an ordinary girl living over the hills of the outskirts of England, Devon. She grew up believing she was normal a...
112K 2.4K 51
Its your fourth year at Hogwarts. Things seem to heat up with Cedric (your bestfriend) everything seems to fall into place. Your grades, relationship...
494 130 29
~Mistletoe Hart was born on 25th of December, 1980. Right bellow a mistletoe in St Mungo. And that's how she got her name.~ This is a Harry Potter fa...
233 0 32
This book is year 3 on. From Meeting Cedric Diggory who becomes my character, Evelyn's best friend to how her emotions towards Draco Malfoy changes...