Ending is the Beginning [OUAT...

By bethanyjanebooks

The Saviours story has come to an end, it's nearing the end of the Sorceress's story. Brooke is forced into a... More

- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -

- 1 -

2.9K 31 4
By bethanyjanebooks

Brooklyn Jones/Sofia Rogers played by Amanda Seyfriend

For those that won't know.

Roni is Regina/The Evil Queen

Kelly is Zelena/The Wicked Witch

Rogers is Wish Killian Jones/Wish Captain Hook

Weaver is Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin

----x----

Storybrooke - A few years later

Brooke and Killian were sat with Alicia walked in, "Daddy, daddy" Alicia ran to Killian and climbed onto his lap, "Can we go sailing today on the Jolly Roger?" Alicia asked him.

Killian smiled and kissed his daughter's forehead, she looked like her mother, but her father hair and eye colours, "What does mommy say?" Killian asked.

"Oooh, mommy says yes," Brooke said and smiled.

"Isn't Henry leaving today?" Killian asked her.

"Yeah, he is... Emma is a wreck and so is Regina, don't want him to go but they can't keep him forever," Brooke said.

"Will you be the same with Alicia?" Killian asked her amused.

"I think I'll be better with you, she has you around her little finger," Brooke said.

"No she doesn't," Killian said.

"Daddy, can you read me a story?" Alicia asked.

"Sure thing sweetie," Killian said and Brooke laughed, "I think your mommy is making fun of me," He said to Alicia who giggled at her parents.

"Now, sailing or storytelling?" Brooke asked Alicia.

Alicia thought cutely, "Both!" She said happily.

"Perfect choice," Brooke said.

Regina walked in, "Hello?" Regina called out and Alicia ran to her, "Hello, sweetheart," Regina picked her up and walked into the living room, "I thought I'd let you both know that Henry has gone to find his story."

"I hope he finds it," Brooke smiled and looked in the corner.

"Is he, here again, love?" Killian asked.

"Yeah... Merlin's still here..." Brooke said, "Guess I have another adventure to go on," Brooke looked at him sadly.

"I'll be with you, you're not going anywhere. I'll tie you up," Killian said and kissed her forehead.

----x----

Present-day - Hyperion Heights  

"I can't keep doing this!" Sofia said.

"Can't keep doing what? Nothing's happened!" Rogers said.

"It doesn't take much to text me that you're going to be late on our anniversary!" Sofia said.

"I can't text when I'm on patrol, you know that!" Rogers said.

"Well, do it before, I can't keep sitting here, on your late nights terrified something's happened to you or if you're going to back at all," Sofia said and walked to the door, "I need a break."

"What do you mean, a break?" Rogers asked worriedly.

"Please, I need a breather," Sofia said and walked to the door, "I'm sorry," She walked out of the door.

"Sofia!" Rogers ran to the door and watched her walk away, "Please!"

Sofia ran out of the apartment building and ran down the street, into a bar, "Roni," She called out and walked to the bar where her best friend stood behind the bar.

Roni looked over, "Sofia? What happened?" Roni asked as Sofia sat down on a barstool, "Where is he?"

"We had a fight," Sofia said, "I was sat there with our anniversary meal getting cold, not knowing what he's doing again, what could've happened to him," Sofia told, "I got angry at him and I don't know why."

Roni poured Sofia a drink of whiskey, "Well, you have a right to be upset... But angry... It's a bit much, especially when he can't help it," Roni said, "I know, spend the night at mine then tomorrow maybe face your husband."

"Thank you," Sofia said and smiled before drinking some of the whiskey.

----x----

The next day, Sofia walked down the street and walked up to the police station. She looked inside and saw Rogers behind the desk working away at the computer.

"Usually, people go inside when they need something, not stand and watch," An australian accent said and she turned around, "Sofia... Do you need Rogers?"

"No... No thank Detective Weaver... I... I should go, you know, deadlines," Sofia said and looked back at her husband before looking Weaver, "Please, please don't tell him you saw me," She said.

"Your marriage issues are nothing to do with me," Weaver said.

"Thank you," Sofia said.

"Don't you have..." Weaver said.

"Deadlines," Sofia said with a smile, "Bye, Weaver," She said and walked away.

----x----

In the afternoon that day, Sofia walked to Roni's and saw Tilly jump down in front of a man and walked off. The man looked at Tilly confused.

Sofia looked at the man, "Don't worry about her," Sofia said and the man, Henry grown up, looked at her, "She's harmless, always around... The odd sort but like I said harmless," Sofia said, "You're new here, I'm Sofia Rogers, nice to meet ya."

"Henry... Henry Mills," Henry said and they shook hands, the two of them felt something in their guts about each other but neither knew what it meant or what they were to do, "Do you know a Lucy? A little girl, she has a thing for fairytales," Henry asked, pulling away his hand.

"Don't most girls?" Sofia smiles and Henry laughed a little and nodded, "Yeah, I know Lucy... What did she do?"

"Took my laptop and told me to meet her at Roni's bar," Henry said.

"Ah, this is Roni's... Join me, I could do with a new face to chat to," Sofia said and motioned to the bar.

Henry nodded, "Sure," Henry walked in, "Excuse me, this is Roni's right?" He asked, noticing the bar was slightly quiet.

Roni sighed and turned to him, "I sure hope so, or else I put the wrong sign out," Roni said and smiled, "I'm Roni, what can I get ya?"

"A room for another night?" Sofia asked as she passed Henry, "Come on Henry, she doesn't bite."

"But she does," Roni said pointing at Sofia who rolled her eyes, "Sure, I take it you had another fight with him?"

"Haven't spoken to him, not make me," Sofia whined as she and Henry sat at the bar, "Cola please Roni."

"Sure thing," Roni said and looked at Henry who nodded for the same. Roni did them two glasses of cola each, "Well, as you know Sof, it's your lucky day. The whole bar's half off till midnight," Roni said.

"Midnight, huh? Then what? Place turns into a pumpkin?" Henry asked.

Sofia chuckled, "You're funny, I like that... Hey, Roni can I work here for a few hours while it's quiet?" Sofia asked.

Roni chuckled at Henry's words, "Sure thing Sof and it'll more likely turn into a juice bar or whatever the bitch who bought us out drinks," Roni said.

"You're selling, huh?" Henry said.

"Well, neighbourhood's changing and not by choice, by Belfrey," Roni said.

"By what-frey?" Henry question.

"Victoria Belfrey," Sofia said, "I call her Bitchfrey, but that's me. She buying up everything, she's trying to axe my column in the newspaper as well," Sofia said and sipped her drink, getting her laptop out, "She's bringing people in."

"This used to a community here, used to be nice... Now, everyone's scattering," Roni said.

"Mm," Henry said.

"Can't fight the power, fight?" Roni laughed softly and took a shot, "Might as well take the money," Roni said.

Henry looked around and groaned, "You don't look like your having a banner day either," Roni said.

"Been interesting, that's for sure," Henry said.

"What gives?" Roni asked.

"Imagine if I walked through that door and told you that I was your son," Henry said.

"That would be a kicker," Roni said.

"That would be entertaining," Sofia said and brought out her laptop turning it on.

After a while of Henry and Sofia talking about his book and her column.

"I mean seriously, who wants to take advice from a woman in a failing marriage... Not me," Sofia said and sighed.

"Failing marriage?" Henry asked.

"Yeah... We're hardy talking and I'm struggling with possibly losing my job," Sofia exhaled sharply, "But as my foster home told me when I left, the only person who'll look after me is me," She began typing on her screen.

"Oh, hey, Jacinda. How's it going." Roni said when the door to the bar opened.

"Great, Lucy's stealing computers now so that's new," Jacinda said.

"Never a dull moment with that kid," Sofia said and Jacinda and her hugged.

Jacinda turned to Henry, "Speaking of my little felon, you must be Henry," Jacinda handed him his laptop, "I'm so sorry about all of this. I don't know what's gotten into her, but I promise you, it won't happen again," Jacinda said and Henry stared at her in awe, "What?" Jacinda asked.

"Oh, oh, oh, no, uh, nothing. Nothing. I'm just, uh, relieved and I was starting to wonder if I really did have a kid, but, clearly I don't, because meeting you... I would definitely remeber," Henry said.

"Well, that's a..." Jacinda said.

"Yeah," Henry said.

Sofia and Roni looked at each other then they look at the pair, "Looks like you two kids need an ice breaker," Roni said and gave them some drinks, "On the house."

"Cheers," Jacinda said and chuckled softly as they blinked their glasses together.

----x----

Sofia worked beside Henry as he and Jacinda talked, it didn't annoy her, it helped her feel her column again. Sofia looked at her phone and looked at her lock screen photo, her and Rogers on their wedding day.

"Talk to him," Roni said to her, "He might surprise you."

"No, no I can't not yet," Sofia said.

"You know Sof, you put on his big hard personlity but you're not that's not you... You're vulnerable and that's why he is with you," Roni said, "You can stay at mine as long as you need, but talk to him."

"I will but I don't know what to say," Sofia said.

The door to the bar opened and Victoria walked in, Roni looked up, "The bar's yours at midnight, Victoria, so, take a hike till then," Roni said.

"Happy to as soon as Jacinda tells me what the hell is going on. Lucy is sneaking out of your house in the middle of the night to meet up with some strange man?" Victoria said.

"I can explain that," Henry said.

"It's okay, Henry. This isn't your fault, I'll fix it," Jacinda said.

"How? By day-drinking? If I remember, that's how we ended up with Lucy in the first place," Victoria said.

"That's not fair," Jacinda said.

"Life isn't fair, Jacinda. Lucy needs some stability. She needs someone she can count on," Victoria said.

"What are you saying," Jacinda asked her.

"As of tomorrow, Lucy moves back in with me, permanently," Victoria said and Jacinda walked out the bar.

"Well, I'm starting to understand the whole Cinderella thing," Henry said and went back to the stool.

"I don't know what you're doing here, but you're not helping anyone. Lucy is a lonely little girl, Mr Mills. Whatever hole you're trying to fill she's not your answer. So, do her a favour and go back to your books. Your fairy lands. Whatever nonsense you write, because in this world the real world people get hurt and if that happens, you'll be sorry you ever stepped foot on this street," Victoria said.

"Why don't you take a walk, no one cares for your words," Sofia said and glared at Victoria, "You may have you hand in companies but you don't control the people, so... As Roni said, take a hike."

Victoria glared at Sofia, "I can have you out of job in an instant, watch it," Victoria walked out as Sofia waved bye, wiggling her fingers.

Minutes later, Henry left the bar then walked back in, "Where's the police station?" Henry asked Sofia and Roni.

"Yeah Sof, where's the police station?" Roni smirked her friend.

Sofia sighed and saved her work, turning off her laptop. She put her laptop in her bag and walked out, "Come on, I'll take you," Sofia said as she passed him, knowing all too well Roni was smirking watching them.

Henry walked with her, "You don't like the station?" Henry asked.

"No, my husband is there..." Sofia said, "He's an officer."

"Oh?" Henry said.

Sofia and Henry walked into the station and Sofia sat on a chair in the waiting room and Henry went to the desk.

"Hey, hello. I think my car was stolen," Henry said to the desk sergeant.

"Really? That sucks," The desk sergeant said.

"Yeah, so, can you look for it?" Henry asked.

"Sure, no problem. Now about I look, under my desk here," The desk sergeant said and looked under his desk. Sofia walked to Henry and moved him to the side, the desk sergeant was looking under his desk, "Nope, I'm stumped," He said.

Sofia banged on the desk and the desk sergeant looked at her shocked, "Now, no more games you gonna help my friend or not?" Sofia asked sweetly.

The desk sergeant stammered and Rogers walked over, "Don't worry, Sof, I'll help him. Some of us still care about police work, some of us still want to help people," Rogers said to his wife.

"Have at it, Eagle Scout," The desk sergeant said and noticed Sofia glare before disappeared.

Rogers looked at Henry, "So, what happened mate? Missing auto?" He asked and Henry nodded, "Alright," Rogers said and walked out of the office to him with paperwork to fill out, "Hi," Rogers said to Sofia who nodded and looked away. He looked at Henrh and handed him the paperwork on a clipboard, "Here, fill this out."

Henry took the clipboard, "How long is this gonna take?" Henry asked.

Rogers sighed, "Well, that's hard to tell. I'll call around the impound lots, but honestly most people find them stripped in a parking lot somewhere. So, our best bet is hitting the pavement," Rogers said.

"Wonderful work," Sofia muttered.

Henry and Rogers looked at her before she smiled at them, "Yeah, okay, fine. Whatever it takes. I got to get out of this place," Henry said and he sat down filling out the form.

Rogers looked at Sofia, "Want to tell me what last night was about? Truthfully?" Rogers said.

"No..." Sofia looked away and Rogers raised his hand and fake hand to her cheeks and made her look at him, "Fine... I found out yesterday that my column might be axed."

"What? Why?" Rogers asked.

"Victoria Belfrey... You know she hates everyone but herself. She's taking Roni's bar and removing my column, what next... Ruining this place?" Sofia asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rogers asked and she shrugged her shoulders, "Look, if you can't tell me work stuff like this then what do we truly have?"

"Your hardly home... Don't put it back on me," Sofia said, "We wouldn't be in this mess if you told me things, I'm not asked for details just a simple text saying... Oh, ya know, gonna be late? That so hard?" She questioned.

"Sometimes I can't," Rogers said.

"Yeah, sometimes mean everytime," Sofia said and backed away, "I need space, I feel like this marriage is nothing but a piece of paper right now," Sofia said and turned to the door.

"So, what... You're leaving me?" Rogers said, both forgetting Henry is near them and the other officers watching them.

"I think we need a break and remember why we married each other," Sofia said and walked out of the police station.

Rogers sighed and looked at the officers looked at him, "Enjoy the show?" He asked harshly and turned to Henry, "How you getting on?"

"Done," Henry said and handed Rogers the clipboard, "Hey, it might not be my place... But, when Sofia talked about your marriage she seemed like she wanted to run to you but something holding her back... Think about what could be stopping her from talking to you," Henry said and walked out to look for his car.

----x----

Later that day, Sofia was talking to Weaver in his office when they heard Henry and Rogers.

"Really? You checked every lot and chop shop and none of them have my car?" Henry asked him annoyed.

"Yes and seeing as I'm the only one here willing to help you, you might want to curb your agitation a bit," Rogers said.

"Sorry," Henry said.

"Maybe you should go to your husband and sort this out," Weaver suggested.

"Why do you have to be right?" Sofia sighed and walked out then toward the entrance of the station.

"Look, I'm on your side, just give us time," Rogers said.

Victoria walked in, "Officer Rogers, whatever you're working on can wait," She said and walked in.

"Oh, sinking your claws in another company?" Sofia said as she walked into the waiting room.

"Ah, Mrs Rogers, lovely to see you again," Victoria said.

"Ms Belfrey, what can I do for you?" Rogers asked.

"Find my granddaughter," Victoria said.

"Lucy's missing?" Henry asked.

"Mr Mills, you're still here," Victoria said.

"Believe me, I'm trying not to be. Just need to find my car," Henry told her.

"Hm, Jacinda's also missing. I dont suppose you have any idea where they ran off to, do you?" Victoria said.

"Uh, no," Henry said.

Victoria looked at Sofia, "Away from you would be my first guess," Sofia said and Henry agreed silently.

"Sof!" Rogers said and she just shrugged not caring.

"Mr Mills, Mrs Rogers, I do know what you both think of me, but I do care about my girls," Victoria said.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it," Henry said.

"Yeah like threatening to take a child from its mother... That's like... That's like ripping their life to shreds," Sofia said.

"Jacinda tends to make mistakes but if she wants to build a better life for herself and her daughter. She simply can't do it by running away from her problems. Tell me what you know," Victoria looked at Henry knowing his knows something, "You want your car back? Help me find my girls," Victoria said.

----x----

Later that night, Rogers walked into the station and saw Sofia walking out from an office.

"Do I need to be worried about why you're here so much today?" Rogers asked her.

Sofia sighed, "No, you shouldn't be," Sofia said and looked at him, "I've just been needed today, that's all."

The desk sergeant walks up, "Hey, Eagle Scout. I hear congrats are in order," The deal sergeant said.

"You made detective. Looks like someone has a fairy godmother. Ms. Belfrey must have taken a liking to you. Come on, I'll introduce you to your new partner," The desk sergeant said.

Rogers looked at Sofia who winked at him, walking to him and placed her hand on his arm, "Well done, hon... Might see you later," She said and walked out of the station.

Rogers watched her leave before following the desk sergeant into the back and they heard talking and officers outside an office.

"So, I tell the punk, go ahead, give me the finger one more time and you'll be picking it off the floor," Weaver's voice came from the office.

"And did he?" An officer asked.

"No, but I broke his finger anyway," Weaver said and the officers laughed.

The desk sergeant stood at the door, "Hey, detective. Special delivery for ya, meet your new partner," The desk sergeant said.

Weaver stepped out, "A pleasure," He said looking at Rogers.Rogers laughed softly and they shook hands, "Detective, we'll go great work together," Weaver said.

At Roni's, Roni considers the papers to sign over her property to Victoria as the woman looked on, waiting.

Roni inhaled sharply, "Nah, I don't think I'm gonna give you my bar today," Roni said.

"What? We had a deal," Victoria said, looking at Roni confused.

"Yeah, well, that was yesterday," Roni said to her.

"And what happened today?" Victoria asked her.

"Your step-daughter, she inspited me," Roni said.

"By running away?" Victoria questioned.

"By not giving in to you... You are so used to pushing people around, I think it's time you felt what it's like when someone pushes back," Roni said.

"You can't win," Victoria said.

"Maybe, maybe not. Today I watched you march into my bar acting like you own the place and you know what? I didn't like it and I realised if I sign this piece of paper you will own this place and that I really don't like. This is my bar, it's my home, it's my life," Roni said.

Sofia was looking out the window at Rogers who was getting out of a cop car. She glanced back behind her to see Weaver and he nodded to her.

"Sure, it's seen better days, but that doesn't mean it won't have better days again and just because life isn't what you want it to be right now, doesn't mean you should tear it down," Roni said to Victoria still in the bar.

Sofia walked to her leather jacket and slipped it on, pulling her hair out of her jacket. 

"I started thinking about all the things I want to do and have that I'm not doing or having," Roni said to Victoria.

Sofia poured two cups of coffees into two takeaway cups and Weaver stood beside her, "Are you sure he can do the job?" Weaver asked her.

"Best man I know for the job of being your partner and more," Sofia said and looked at him, "Trust me."

"Of course," Weaver chuckled, "I will keep a close eye on him."

"Good," Sofia said and walked out of the building, walking to Rogers, "Coffee for the hardworking officer," She said placing it on the car, "Whatcha looking at?" She asked seeing Henry's book in his hands.

"Thanks... Your mates Henry's book," Rogers said, "Look here," He showed her a page.

"And how everyone in this neighbourhood seems to have given up imagining what a better life might look like..." Roni said to Victoria.

Sofia and Rogers looked at a picture of Emma and Brooke hugging each other.

"But if we can admit to ourselves what we want is out there somewhere then maybe we can fight for it and if we do that then we're halfway to getting it," Roni said to Victoria.

Rogers and Sofia looked at each other, Rogers closed the book placing it beside his coffee, then placed Sofia's coffee by his. They looked into each other's eyes and slowly leaned into each other.

"That's the thing about the people of this town... Things can seem hopeless. When suddenly, someone gives the rest of us inspiration, because the first step to a new beginning isimagining that one is even possible," Roni said to Victoria as they were both still in her bar.

Rogers and Sofia held each other close as they kissed, Sofia pushed him away, "No..." She whispered, "I can't."

"Sof?" Rogers looked at her.

"I'm sorry," She said and stepped back but Rogers grabbed her arm, "Please, don't make this harder for me... I need time to remember us," She looked at him, "Please, give me that."

"Sofia..." Rogers said.

Sofia kissed his cheek, "Please, accept it..." She said.

"I don't want to... But... I have to..." Rogers said looking at her.

Sofia took her coffee and looked at him before walking away then looked at her phone.

Weaver
Don't forget your role Sofia

Back at the bar, Roni teared up the papers that Roni was to sign, "And I'll be damned if i stand by and let a bully like you take that away from us anymore. Now if you'll excuse me," Roni said and gestured to the door for Victoria to leave.

"You'll regret this, Roni," Victoria said and she left.

"Uh, doubtful. Regret's not really my thing," Roni said as she smiled to herself and poured her a drink, and drunk some.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 381 17
This story is based off the TV show Once Upon a Time. Its alittle different from the show, but it will have all the characters. Such as: Emma Swan, K...
18.4K 492 46
ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ꜱᴏ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏʙʀᴏᴏᴋᴇ. ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ. ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ...
1.2K 102 17
Many a year ago, the Exiled Princess of the Underworld was banished to a strange land where she formed an unlikely alliance with a vengeful queen, bu...
Roni By Danilynn

Fanfiction

278K 10.4K 37
Emma receives news that Henry is back in our world, but doesn't have his memories. Emma will travel to Hyperion Heights in hopes to bring him back to...