The New Witch

By gg0105

Blair Heningston is an 18-year-old girl traveling the forest day and night. She's not a normal wolf either bu... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Happy Holidays!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
1k!
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Thank you!
Epilogue/New book?
Authors Note!

Chapter 2

1.5K 48 9
By gg0105

*Markus POV*

The second I stepped into the woods I could smell her. Her scent of peaches with a hint of mango. But this isn't what I expected. I expected someone from Alpha or even a Beta bloodline.

Not a rogue.

If mother even heard what I was thinking she'd have my head chopped off. But what do you expect? She's a rogue, the pack will never accept her as Luna.

And clearly, all her sass and attitude problems don't look like they will get her anywhere closer to the position. After I had locked her into the cell I sent Josey to give her dinner. It hurt to leave her there when all I wanted was to wrap my arms all around her body.

She may be a rogue but she's still my mate whether she likes it or not.

Well just have to work on it. Whether the pack likes it or not. She will stand as Luna.

Shifting into a better position in my office chair do I put an image of her face in my mind. Her dark brown hair and different colored eyes. Perfect nose. It's as if she's an angel in the making.

"Alpha," I hear a knock on my door. I sigh as I get back into my working mind.

"Yes, Kepler?" I respond to my Beta. He rarely calls me Alpha unless it's serious.

"The Luna has escaped and locked Josey in the cell.." He says waiting for me to yell. Yet I don't yell at all. She can't get out as easily as she thinks. It's impossible. I have the best guarding system in the North.

"Take care of the rest of my duties please. I'll be gone for the rest of the day."

"Gotchu Mark." He says. Great back to a first-name basis.

Closing the door behind me do I begin my run down the hall and out the door to find her scent. The second I stepped out did I smell it around the packhouse. Walking towards it do I see her hiding with her hood on going inside.

Little sneak she thinks she is.

"Babyyy!" I hear from my right causing me to stop in my tracks. God damn it, Kelsy.

"Not now Kelsy."

"But you never came back last night." She says to me. Ah, I ditched her to find my mate.

"Mhm. Well, don't count on me ever coming back." I say leaving her speechless as I walk to the packhouse.

I walk in to see people in the kitchen and in the living room. I follow her scent up the stairs to a few offices. This is where the Beta and my third in command offices are. What is she doing up here?

Getting ready to catch her do I open Kepler's door fast.

"Don't think you're such a-" But the room was empty. Leaving the window open. How the hell did she jump out of a second-story window without any hesitation?

Sneaky Mate, I will find you.

~

*Blair's POV*

I could smell his scent behind me the second he entered what I assumed was the packhouse. No way in hell was I going to let him catch me.

Quickly running up the stairs and into the first room I saw do I jump out of the window. Landing on all fours like a cat, and run to the next building. Clearly, my bow wasn't there since neither of those were his office.

I've heard an Alpha's office takes up a whole story. And that story clearly had more than one door.

Quickly passing a man going down with an empty cup of coffee do I go up to the second floor of this building do I smell his scent all around. Apples and cinnamon. Not a bad mix and annoyingly calming.

Getting in and locking the door behind me,  I realize I've hit the jackpot. Searching through all the drawers I find my backpack under his desk. I'm not always this slow I swear.

Yet just as I'm about to open the window to jump out does he break the freaking door down. Well, what did the door do to you?

"Mate." He says calmly.

"Are we re-meeting? I'm sure you already said that." I say getting my arrow ready to shoot if needed.

"What did I say about the sass?"

"I don't know you're not that important for me to be paying attention to." This clearly pushes his button as he tried to walk around the desk to get to me.

Too bad he's too slow.

"Bye-bye," I say jumping out the window. I turn back to see his shocked face stuck at the window. I take this as my cue to run the hell out of here. In all honesty, he's going to find me. There's just no way I'll be able to get rid of my scent in such short time.

Pushing myself through the border do I look back once again to see him finally come to his senses and begin to run out of his office.

I hold my arrow closer and run as fast as I can into my home. I can't help saying I feel a pang in my heart from leaving him. But I decide to ignore it and push it away. How many times have people left you, Blair? Get a grip.

I smell his scent getting closer by the second. Fuck this stupid mate bond.

I climb the tree closest to me and wait to see him.

Soon enough do I see a black wolf just under my tree. Making sure not to make any noise at all, I even hold my breath waiting for him to walk past.

But guess what, to my luck, he just shifts back. Talk about abs though. I make sure my eyes don't travel farther down than they're supposed to and move my head back up to face the leaf in front of me.

"You know I see you right?" His voice scares me a bit even though I knew he was there.

"Yep," I say make sure to pop the p.

"Get down. It's dangerous." At this, I laugh hysterically. Dangerous? Dangerous? Clearly, he underestimates what I've seen and been through.

"Are you going crazy?" He asks me sounding worried.

"No your just funny."

"Well please get down let's go back." He says calmly. Damn, why is he acting nice?

"So you can lock me in a cell again?" I question.

"No. It was my mistake of locking you in a cell. I'm sorry." He says. Hah. What a joke.

"Okay," I say make sure to keep my voice neutral.

"So will you get down?" He asks again.

"No."

"Cmon please?"

"Nope"

"Please my sneaky mate" Aww that's disgusting.

"No."

"What are you going to do sleep up there?"

"Exactly that, so-called mate." At this, he punches the tree opposite of me. Yeesh, talk about anger problems.

"You'll die here alone!" He yells punching the same tree again.

I roll my eyes at his childish behavior and say,

"Stop being childish. You act as if you didn't just have me sitting in a cell where you probably kill other rogues. If it weren't for me being your mate you would have killed me as well. And! You act as if I have never been alone before. As if I don't know the forest. I probably know this forest more than you do Mr. Alpha. So get your facts in check when I tell you that I. Don't. Need. You." I say with my voice full of venom. How dare he think I need him or anyone in general for protection.

He's speechless, good.

It's getting even darker out. I think it's around 9 pm.

All he does though is shift into his black wolf and sit under my tree.

Stupid.

I grab my arrow and flashlight from my backpack and carve into the tree to pass the time.

I can hear his snores and I think it's around 1 am now. The stars are shining brightly above me along with the moon. I carved what looks like a wolf. Even worse it's an exact replica of his wolf.

Sighing quietly do I sit up more to get ready for bed. You may think it's weird for me to be falling asleep in a sitting position against a tree but in reality, I've been doing it for years that I'm just used to it.

Just as I'm about to be with my other love, sleep, do I hear a few more footsteps and growls. Not knowing whether they were his pack members or not do I sniff the air. They don't smell like they're in a pack.

They smell like me.

Grabbing my flashlight do I flash it around to see three rouges getting closer to him. I can hear the urgent cries from my wolf saying to shoot and protect our mate.

I need to see what their intentions are other than attacking. They seem as if they just want him. Even the one who looked at me straight in the eyes cared more for him than me.

Oh hell no. If I'm gonna be forced to be with this dumbass he needs to be alive. Who else am I going to argue with?

Quickly shooting the first rogue, it hits him going into his arm. Causing him to yelp in shock. At this does my mate wake up and get into a defensive mode but not before making sure I'm safe and alive.

I nod to him quickly before jumping down from the tree.

I shoot the same wolf twice leaving him dying on the floor.

Damn it. I only have two more arrows left.

Grabbing one, I shoot the one going straight for my mate in the chest. That should make him weaker. 

I shoot my last arrow at the wolf getting ready to leap at me. Thankfully for me, it goes right through its skull.

My mate doesn't look to be having a good fight though. Looks as if the rogue didn't even get a little weaker.

My mate is under the rogue's body fighting to get up. This rogue doesn't even look that strong.

I quickly shift causing the rogue to turn towards me. As he's leaping at me do I leap at him. As we're fighting do I see now that our mate has been hurt, which is why he couldn't fight.

Getting a bite from the rogue's leg he claws at my own. He bites my tail and forces me under him causing my mate to growl loudly. Yet he still can't move but he tries.

The rogue on top of me clearly doesn't know who he's fighting with. As he takes another bite from my arm do I push him off me. Leaping at him am I able to get his neck right between my mouth. And I watch as his eyes that were once full of life die.

Bastard.

Now do I feel the pain coming from my arm and leg. I limp a bit towards my backpack and go behind a tree, shifting and changing into some shorts and a tank top that I had in my backpack.

The blood rushing from my leg and arm don't stop me from running to him. 

"Shift," I tell him. But all he does is whimper in response from the pain. I look for his wound which is right in his stomach. It's deeper than I thought.

"You have to shift so I can help you," I tell him but all he does is whine again.

"Please," I beg. I shouldn't be begging. I should be running away, but I physically can't. I can't leave him and he knows it. Probably why he's been so calm around me now. God, I hate this mate bond.

Hearing the sound of bones cracking brings me back to reality. He's naked. Completely naked.

Searching in my bag do I find a shirt and put it on top of his little friend.

He chuckles lightly but winces and stops quickly.

"Okay, I'm going to help you okay?" I tell him.

"W-what about you?"

"I'm fine," I say quietly.

Putting my hands over his wound, I concentrate hard to be able to heal it. I watch as his wound closes completely. He stares at me with amusement. But his looks turn to complete worry once he sees the blood pouring from my own wounds.

"It's fine," I say to him again.

"It's not fine! Your bleeding. Fix it!" He yells with his voice full of worry. I roll my eyes but do as he says for the first time. Putting my hands over my arm then on my leg. In less than a few minutes everything seems to be back to normal.

He stands up causing the shirt I put around him to fall on the floor. I look down fast making sure not to see anything I don't want to. Once I hear his footsteps leaving, I look up. He's really just going to leave?

Maybe I shouldn't have helped him.

I pick everything up and grab the arrows from the dead rogues and put them back into my backpack. I look up when I hear footsteps coming closer to me. I grab my arrow and bow getting ready to shoot before I see it's just him but with shorts and a shirt on.

Thank god.

"Relax princess." He says holding his arms up in defense.

"I just thought you were someone else sorry."

"You're fine." He says. I assume he's wanting to go back to his but I just sit by the tree making my point that I'm not leaving. He takes it and sits with me.

He pulls me into his lap and I don't get out. He's sadly the only warmth that's getting to me right now and I'm freezing.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Blair, and you?"

"Markus." Ah, so he's the Markus. I kind of got that hint from the humungous pack.

I hum in response. I can't lie when I say I'm feeling safe and comfortable in his arms. Sleep is just calling my name.

"Go to sleep princess. I'm here." I hear him whisper before I let the sleep take over.

Thanks for reading!

<3!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 112 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...
1.2K 49 17
"I, Damon Blake, of the Midnight pack hereby reject you, Alyssa Silverson, of the Crescent moon pack as my mate. May we never cross paths in this lif...
1.3M 36.5K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...
170K 3.5K 17
"Say it Blake" Damon says forcefully, keeping my hands pinned above my head. "Say what I want to hear" "N-No Damon" I whimpered. The pain in my wrist...