The Fault in Our Hearts [A Na...

By bblueskyess

Lucy and Natsu are best friends and they have been ever since they were little! What will happen when she los... More

Chapter 1 - Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 2 - Natsu Dragneel
Chapter 4 - Tears
Chapter 5- The Goodbye
AUTHORS NOTE - VERY IMPORTANT
THANKYOU!!!!
Chapter 6 - Fight
Chapter 7 - Unexpected Guest
Chapter 8 - Escape Plan
Chapter 9 - Friend?
OMG THANK YOU !!!
Chapter 10 - Home Sweet Home!
Chapter 11 - Salmon Pink Hair
Chapter 12 - The Truth
Chapter 13 - The Conversation
THANKYOU AGAIN!!
Chapter 14 - The Picture
Chapter 15 - The Deal
Chapter 16 - The Voice
Chapter 17 - The Party Pooper
Chapter 18 - Unfamiliar Ceiling
Chapter 19 - Homeless
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 20 - Together?
Chapter 21 - I Think I Love You
Chapter 22 -
GOOD NEWS ;)
READ THIS \(^_^)/
Please.. This is bad...
hell ye bois
want to help?

Chapter 3 - Four Years Later

7.7K 263 218
By bblueskyess

A/N: Just to let you know Lucy is 9 now and Natsu is 10 and if you haven't read chapter 2 since I edited it, Their school is called Hargeon Elementary ^_^
And his chapter is dedicated to Amy_Louise_22 who's my friend IRL!

Lucy P.O.V
-----------

I was sitting at my table with Natsu in class. The teacher was rambling on about something or other and I wasn't listening, I was bored. Our table was next to the window but Natsu's chair was right beside the window. I looked up at him to find him gazing out of the window, it was snowing. It was getting closer to Christmas now and it wouldn't be long until the Winter break. I was so excited. Natsu and I were going to go ice skating and we could hang out every day!

I hadn't realised I had been staring at Natsu until he turned around and smirked at me. That made me blush and my heart beat faster. I turned back around, pretending to listen to the teacher and let my bangs hide my flushed face. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Natsu grinning.

TIME SKIP - LUNCH

The bell rung, dismissing us all from class to go for our lunch. Like always we sat outside, under the tree that we've always sat at since the first day. I brushed some of the light snow that was on the grass away with my foot and sat down. I watched Natsu do the same.

Just as we were opening our lunches, a red-headed girl and a dark-haired boy joined us. Their names were Erza and Gray. Theses were our new friends we'd met few years ago after an incident involving the red braided freak called Flare and her posse. Anyway Erza and Gray came and helped us fend off the school bullies and became our friends. But we weren't as close friends to Erza and Gray, as me and Natsu were, but we were best friends.

"Hey!" I greeted them

"Konnichiwa!" Erza said as she say down beside me.

"Move over Flame Brain!" Gray said.

"Oi! Who you calling Flame Brain, Snowflake?" Natsu bickered back. Erza sighed and I sweat dropped. I felt scared for them guys.

Erza stood up and clunked both their heads together causing them to fall over. "Are you going to behave now? Or will I have to make my point further."

"Aye Sir!" They both said acting chummy, but giving each other glares when Erza's head was turned.

We had all began tucking into our food when I noticed movement out of the side of my eye. I turned and my whole face turned wet and cold. I was covered in snow.
I heard someone snigger. I wiped my face to find a red-headed girl. It was Flare. I saw Natsu clench his fists beside me.
Natsu stood up and walked over to her.

"Have you finally came to your senses and picked me over that blond bimbo?" She asked Natsu.
Natsu stayed silent. He had an angry expression on his face.
"What's your problem, Flare? Eh? Do you just like to make others suffer?" He screamed in her face.
She flinched a little. No-one had ever stood up to her like that before.

"What did you just say?" She put on a fierce face.

"You heard me!" Natsu said right back at her. Erza and Gray both stood up beside Natsu, so I stood up beside him too.

"Can't you see we're meant to be? I'm supposed to be your girlfriend not that blondie." She said before turning on her heel and stalking off to the table to sulk.

"Arigato minna! (Thanks everyone!) " I said to them.

"No problem." Gray said. Erza nodded and Natsu was still staring over at Flare with his fists still clenched.

"Natsu! Are you okay?" I asked him quietly. He nodded but he still had an angry expression on his face.

---------------
TIME-SKIP 3 OCLOCK
----------------
No ones P.O.V
---------------

Natsu walked Lucy home and just as she was about to open the door her Father opened it. His eyes were red and he looked like he'd been crying.
Lucy gasped. "What's wrong Father?" She said hugging him.

"I-I-It's your Mother. She was rushed into hospital this afternoon. We have to go one to see her."

"What about Natsu?" Lucy asked her Dad.

"I think it's best that he came too." He said.

As Lucy's father drove the car to the hospital, Lucy and Natsu were in the back.

Lucy began to wonder what's wrong with her mum. Was she going to die? Lucy began to cry.
Natsu saw Lucy crying and held her hand and squeezed it to comfort her. She looked up at him with watery eyes.

"Thank you." She mouthed to him.

The whole journey Natsu held onto her hand.

---------------
AT THE HOSPITAL
---------------
Natsu P.O.V
---------------

Mr. Heartfilia ran to the desk with me and Lucy trailing after him.

"Excuse me! Where's Layla Heartfilia's room?" He asked the woman urgently.

The woman's eyes widened. "Oh Yes Sir! Ermm just down the hall and to the left!"

We didn't even have time to thank her before we bolted down the hall where the woman told us to go.

Lucy went to the door first and put her hand on the door knob. She looked round at me, still holding onto my hand, and I squeezed her hand again and gave her a reassuring smile. she slowly turned the handle and peeked in. I couldn't see in the room, but I could see her face change. Her mouth opened up and her eyes widened.
'This wasn't going to be good.' I thought to myself.

I stepped in and seen Layla for myself. I tried to hold back my gasp. She looked dead lying on the bed. Her body was pale and her cheeks were hollow. The only thing proving she was alive was the slow rising of her chest and the beep of the heart monitor.

Lucy ran over to her side dragging me along too.

"Mum?" Lucy asked. I could see her eyes tearing up.

Her mums eyes fluttered open and a small smile formed on her face. "Lucy. I want you to be brave 'Kay."

Lucy nodded while sniffling.

"You too, Natsu." Layla added. I nodded my head and squeezed Lucy's hand again.

"Both of you, I'm not going to be here much longer. I have a rare disease that acts fast and is unnoticeable to doctors until it's too late." Her mum took in a deep breath before continuing. "Lucy I know this is hard for you, but I'll always be watching you from the clouds and I'll always be proud of you no matter what! Always remember that." Layla took Lucy's hand in her own weak one and brought it up to her lips and kissed it. "I'll always love you and I'll be in your heart as long as you remember me."

Lucy could hold her tears back any longer. "Mum please don't leave me! I don't want you to go!" Tears were streaming down her face now.

"I know baby. But there's nothing else the doctors can do." She pulled Lucy into a weak embrace. "Lucy can you go get some tissues from the bathroom for me. Take your Father too." Lucy ran out with her Dad.
"Natsu I want you to do something for me." Layla said to me and I nodded.

"When I'm gone I know Lucy will keep herself in her room and cry. I want you to promise me you won't abandon her, stay by her side. I don't know how her Father, Jude, will handle this. If he tries to blame Lucy or take out his anger on Lucy at all, in any way as soon as you are old enough I want you to take Lucy away from here."

I nodded trying to process what she just told me. "Okay I promise."

She smiled at me. "I always wished Lucy would get a friend like you. I hope she'll marry someone like you one day."

I blushed. "But there's no-one like the all great Natsu Dragneel apart from him himself!" I boasted.

"Exactly." Was all she said. I didn't understand what she meant at the time.

--------------
Lucy's P.O.V
--------------

I ran back to the hospital room with a bunch of tissues, my Dad trailing behind me. I burst into the room and looked at my deathly pale mother. I used some of the tissues to wipe my eyes.
I went over and stood beside her fragile body and took her hand in mine. The tears wouldn't stop. I lay by head next to her body and weeped. Her long blond hair was tickling my face so I sat up to push it away. It was the first time I'd really noticed she had her hair down because my mother never had it down, she always had it in a sophisticated hairstyle.

"Your hair is very pretty." I say sniffling.

"It's a shame I never kept it down so that's a lesson for you!" She said smiling.

"Okay." Was also could say.

My mothers heart monitor started going slower and slower. I gasped and hugged her tight.

"I love you!" I said, "I'll always remember you in my heart!" My tears were going like rivers.

"As I, you, my daughter." She hugged me back.

Her heart monitor was going slower and slower still.

"Natsu. Remeber." She called over my shoulder before she went limb in my arms.

Then the soul-shattering sound of the heart monitor rung in my ears.

---------------
A/N: Sorry it took a bit longer to write this than I thought and then I like totally got side-tracked because t was SNOWING!! And it's not snowed this much since like 2 years ago. But I actually hate snow at the same time cuz it's freezing and whatever.... But you know I'm really weird and stuff so one minute I'm like "OMG SNOW YAY" and then I could be like "OMFG WHY IS IT SNOWING GO AWAY!!" So yeah I'm gonna stop talking now....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
18.3K 285 13
After Lucy doesn't go on a job with Natsu, later he finds a guy kissing her. Upset he leaves. He doesn't get why his heart hurts and goes away on a m...
8.8K 186 16
Natsu returns from a year since he left Fairy tail to become stronger. But in the time he left Fairy Tail disbanded. What happens when he realizes hi...
26.3K 446 20
All of Lucy's friends get into relationships; Gray & Juvia, Erza& Jellel and the one that hits Lucy right in the heart- Natsu and Lisannna Everyone...