Paris In The Rain [h.s]

By harrehs_hair

[completed] "I'm Harry Styles. The artist." ~~ Two heartbroken individuals happen to stumble into each others... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23 *
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36 *
37
38
39
40
41
42
43 *
44
45
46
47
48
Harry
To My Capolavoro
Aurora
To My Flower
La Plus Belle Femme
Paris In The Rain
Italy In The Spring *
Author's Note
Sequel !!!!

31

5K 148 251
By harrehs_hair

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed the double update and thank you once again for 5k reads.

I love you.

~Alex

●●●●●

The airport was crowded more than usual as I lugged my suitcase behind me, practically sprinting towards the gate. I was far too late and knew that Harry probably thought I wasn't coming.

"Wait! Don't close the door yet!" I yell at the two flight attendants with their hands on the handle. I quickly hand them my ticket, telling them a quick sorry that I was so late, before rushing onto the airplane and frantically looking for my seat and a head of curls.

My heart stops as I see him bent with his head down, his face in his hands as his shoulders shake lightly. Only a person who looked at him closely enough would be able to tell that he was crying, but I knew him well enough now to know that he was.

He sat in the middle of the three-row seats, both chairs on either side of him empty. Messy curls framed his beautiful head while his shoulders continued to shake with each silent sob that racked his body. The atmosphere surrounding him was sad and dull, not a single ray of sunshine poking through the clouds. Just sadness.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask timidly, chewing on the inside of my cheek from nervousness.

"Oh, erm," Harry says quickly, wiping away his tears as he keeps his head down, "No. It's not. Would you like the window seat?"

"Thanks," I reply softly, stepping in front of him and sitting down beside him. He's still yet to notice that it's me, too busy trying to conceal the fact that he had been crying. I remain silent for a few more seconds, watching him as he once again buries his face into his hands while taking in ragged breaths. "Why are you crying, Capolavoro?"

The second the word capolavoro leaves my lips, Harry's head snaps up to meet my eyes. His eyes were the saddest I had ever seen them, redness and tears painting his face like a beautiful piece of art. "Flower," he chokes out before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him, burying his head into the crook of my neck as he lets out silent sobs.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Please stop crying," I murmur softly into his ear, feeling a few of my own tears make their way down my cheeks.

"Flower. My Flower. You're here," he whispers while squeezing me even tighter, "I thought you weren't coming. Oh, god, Flower. I love you. I love you."

And just like that, I became putty in his arms, "I love you, Capolavoro. So much."

He pulls his head away and takes my face in his hands before kissing me with so much passion I was sure my heart would explode. My whole body instantly relaxed as I felt his lips mold with mine, sunshine, and happiness dancing their way right back into our lives now that we were once again in each other's arms.

"Say it again," he breathes against my lips.

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you, Harry Styles."

"I love you, Aurora Honeycutt."

Our lips detach from one another, Harry making himself busy as he kisses my face over and over again, pillowy soft lips planting themselves on my cheeks, nose, chin, anywhere Harry could reach. Tears leave streaks down both of our cheeks as I wipe Harry's away and he kisses mine away.

"Don't ever leave me like that. Never do that again," Harry whispers while his lips graze themselves across my skin, "I thought you were done with me. I thought I had lost you."

My hands slip underneath his black t-shirt, tracing random patterns with my fingertips to calm him down, "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry I hurt you."

Minty breath fans itself across my face as he exhales, resting his forehead against mine, "I hurt you too...and I'm sorry. There's no excuse for what I did."

"I'm all yours for two hours. We both have some things that we need to discuss."

"I'll discuss anything with you as long as it means you'll never leave me again. Promise me you'll never leave me again, Flower."

I hesitate, closing my eyes, "I...promise."

We're interrupted as the pilot asks us to buckle our seatbelts and prepare for the flight to take off. My hands shake as I buckle my seatbelt, nervous for the conversation that was about to come and the promise I had just made.

Harry grabs my hand as the plane begins to take flight, placing two fingers under my chin to turn my head to face his, "We're going to get through this. I know we are," he says and I smile a tight-lipped smile at him, closing my eyes as he presses his lips to my forehead, "I love you."

I laugh softly, connecting our lips once more, "And I love you."

"I could spend the rest of my life hearing you speak those three words," Harry sighs, running his hand through my hair before resting the palm of his hand on the back of my neck, his fingers grazing themselves along my skin, "I missed you. Two days is the longest I ever want to go without touching your skin or kissing your lips."

"I'm here and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon," I assure him while running my fingers across his chest.

"Are you ready to talk about everything? I'm ready to tell you everything."

"Tell me everything, baby. I'm all ears."

And so he told me everything. From the day he first texted Maria to the night I had left him standing there broken in the street.

I don't say a word as he explains why he texted Maria in the first place, saying he wanted to meet up with her to show her how much better he was without her. He'd told her all about me and how alive I made him feel. He'd told her that he loved me.

Maria, on the other hand, had expressed all of her feelings to him. Saying how much she missed him and that she had made the biggest mistake of her life when she cheated on him. She'd told him that she was still in love with him.

Yet he hadn't told her that he still loved her. The only reason he was at the club with her Tuesday was because he wanted to make sure that what he was feeling wasn't just him feeling like he had to love her back. He truly did still love her.

But he loved me more.

"I know I shouldn't have lied to you, baby. But it's like you said...I wasn't ready to tell you everything yet," he looks down at my lap as he fiddles with my fingers, lacing and unlacing our fingers, "but now I am. I'll tell you anything you want to know without hesitation. Just please...don't leave me again."

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here," I cup his cheek in the palm of my hand, running the pad of my thumb over his cheek, "Are you ready for me to tell you everything now?"

He nods his head while he closes his eyes, leaning into my touch. I place a kiss to the tip of his nose, smiling as a happy grin breaks out across his face, causing his nose to scrunch up slightly.

I tell him all about the night Niall called me and our conversation. I told him Niall was the first one to say that he still loved me, but I haven't even spoken to Niall since that night, feeling too guilty about being in love with Niall, yet loving him as well.

I also told him when I knew for sure that I loved him, recalling our perfect night on the beach when we first kissed and the yellow dahlia. My soul had never felt more alive that night as his lips finally touched mine. When we claimed each other as our own personal masterpiece, vowing to always be in love with each other and never letting go of one another.

"I didn't expect any of this to happen, Harry. I was so happy being with you and falling in love with you. Then one silly little phone call had to ruin everything. It ruined what I had worked so hard to find again after all of these years," I admit while searching his warm green eyes, finding nothing but undying love filling every inch of them.

"We can work through this together, Aurora. We can solve our own problems while holding each other's hands. This doesn't have to pry us apart...we can do this, baby," Harry smiles softly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He always knew exactly what to say to call my nerves, never failing to bring me back down to Earth while also making me feel as if I was floating on air. Life with him was unreal and exciting.

Life with him was everything.

"How about we forget about everything for the weekend?" I offer, taking the ring off of his pinky and slipping it onto my ring finger, "It'll just be you, me, and your family."

"Just you, me, and my family," he smiles while twisting the ring around my finger, "I love that idea."

Emerald green irises stare at each other with nothing but love clouding their gazes, both sets of eyes knowing deep down that the weekend wouldn't last forever and reality would creep back up on them soon enough.

But for now, they just enjoyed the fact of being in each other's presence, their love for one another expressed in more ways than one as their hands never left the other and smiles never leaving their faces.

It was love that bonded them together now. A love that was deeper than the ocean and purer than the finest silk. It was undying and would forever remain in their hearts, no matter what obstacles came their way.

"Will you keep this ring?" Harry asks me softly, his fingertips dancing over the simple silver ring with the word 'peace' engraved on it, "Keep it until you decide you don't want to wear it anymore," he adds before pressing a kiss to my finger.

I smile at his words, watching him as he stares intently at the ring wrapped around my finger, "Then I guess I'll keep it forever."

Harry's smile grows while he picks his head up to look at me, "I'll need something of yours in return of course," He raises his eyebrows.

"Here," I take the braided yellow fabric off of my wrist and tie it around his, placing a kiss to his wrist, "Keep it until you decide you don't want to wear it anymore."

"Then I guess I'll keep it forever."

Forever. That's how long I was going to love him.

Forever.

●●●●●

The rest of our flight involved multiple kisses and random conversations, out laughter filling the small cabin of the plane. I was sure people were tired of our constant banter and happiness filled laughter.

"Okay, don't be frightened when my sister practically tackles you into a hug when she first sees you," Harry warns me as we search for a sign that said Styles.

My nerves were all over the place as I gripped tightly onto Harry's hand, my heart racing a thousand miles a minute, and my mind going into overdrive. I was actually in England about to meet Harry's family.

I think I'm going to be sick.

"Harry!" A sing-song voice carries over to us through the crowded airport. My eyes frantically search for the source of the voice, a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach crawling it's way up my throat.

"Gem!" Harry calls back happily, pulling me in the direction of a familiar face I had only seen in picture frames.

Harry's hand never leaves mine as he wraps his sister up in a hug. "Hey, little brother," she smiles happily before pulling away from him and meeting her eyes with mine, "Oh my god, Harry! She's absolutely stunning," Gemma squeals excitedly before wrapping me up in a hug, squeezing me so tightly I was sure all of my oxygen would be cut off.

"Nice to finally meet you," I smile kindly at her, returning the hug, knowing instantly that Gemma and I were going to get along just by her kind demeanor.

"It's nice to finally put a face to the name. Harry here hasn't shut up about you since the day you two first met," she grins while jabbing Harry with her elbow.

He rolls his eyes in embarrassment while I giggle softly, "How about we save all of the embarrassing for mum, yeah?"

Gemma only shakes her head as she leads us out of the airport, my hand still wrapped tightly around Harry's as he kept sending me reassuring glances. So far I hadn't thrown up which was a good sign, although I felt like I was about to any second now.

"The whole family is waiting for you two at home," Gemma says cheerily after we get into her car, Harry sitting in the back while I sit up front with Gemma, "Don't be too nervous though. After everything that Harry has said about you, everyone practically loves you already."

"Okay, Gem. Enough about everything I've said about Aurora," Harry sighs from the backseat and I laugh softly.

Gemma sends me a quick wink before leaning closer to me, "I'll tell you everything he's said later."

"Gemma!"

Gemma and I both laugh as Harry huffs in annoyance, crossing his arms and pouting like a child, "Oh, come on, babe. Don't look so sad," I tease, earning another laugh from Gemma.

The drive to Harry's childhood home was short and filled with tons of embarrassing stories about Harry when he was younger. All of which I thoroughly enjoyed while Harry complained from the backseat.

"There was this one time he wrote me a note saying he was angry with me and that he wasn't going to speak to me all day or tomorrow," she laughs and I hold my stomach as a fit of giggles overtakes me, "He then proceeded to write that he still loves me, which just instantly melted my heart."

"Aw, H. So you've always been a big softie?" I smile while glancing at him from over my shoulder, seeing him sitting there with an annoyed grin on his lips.

"What can I say? I don't have a mean bone in me," he shrugs his shoulders before leaning forward to press a kiss to my cheek.

"Oh, now that's not true, Haz," Gemma raises her eyebrows at him before pulling into a driveway and parking the car, "Remember when you-"

"We don't speak about that, Gem, and you know that," Harry cuts her off as he undoes his seatbelt and gets out of the car with a warning glance sent her way.

I raise my eyebrows while looking at Gemma, "Tell me later?"

"It's a date."

"Out, out," Harry says as he opens my door, taking my hand and helping me out, "You and my sister better not be conspiring about me behind my back."

"Never," I grin, leaning forward to kiss his lips, "I have your mom for that job." He chuckles softly before wrapping his arm around my waist.

I finally take in the house sitting in front of me, smiling as I take in its welcoming appearance and warm demeanor. This was definitely a place a saw a young Harry growing up in, the small garden in the front hinting at the gorgeous garden awaiting me in the back. I could see a young Harry running around in the front yard or lying on his stomach as he drew a leaf that just so happened to land in front of him, sparking his imagination and inspiring his hand to draw.

"It's not much...but it's home," he murmurs in my ear once he notices me observing everything.

I smile at the slight edge of nerves to his voice, squeezing his hand a bit as we walk up to the front door, "It's lovely, baby. Absolutely lovely."

"I love you, Flower," He whispers in my ear as Gemma reaches for the door handle.

"I love you, Capolavoro," I whisper back as the door opens to reveal his awaiting family with nothing but smiles etched onto their faces.

I was his Flower and he will forever and always be my Capolavoro.

Forever.

●●●●●

AN: Bahaha this sounds like the end but I promise it's not. We've still got quite a bit longer my friends.

~Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 22
AI GENERATED In a collision of artistry and love, Harry Styles, a passionate florist, and Lila Evans, a talented tattoo artist, find their worlds int...
Baby Blue By Nora

Fanfiction

194K 5.1K 12
✔️ COMPLETE After her sister breaks both her legs in a climbing accident, Venus Sweeney has to step in as a model in her absence. Instead of spending...
Sinner H.S By ash

Fanfiction

16.4K 285 56
Valentine Fitz, an average girl who owns an art studio where she sells all kinds of artwork. Something not many people know about her is her passion...
305K 12.6K 46
when a girl in a bitter and unloving relationship gets involved with a quiet and beautiful boy, she finds herself again as he paints the love she cra...