Don't Leave Me Here - Starker

Od superrspideyy

Tony hasn't seen Peter in a few months after Civil War. Peter wished Tony would've reached out sooner, but on... Více

Welcome!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24

23

2.4K 72 10
Od superrspideyy

• a few months later •

Peter's birthday is today, and Tony is very excited. For Peter, it's just another day.

When May was here, she and Peter would have a little party with the two of them. May would buy Peter a chocolate cupcake, with chocolate frosting, as it was his favorite. Sometimes she would get him a small gift, if expenses allowed it. If not, there was always a cupcake.

Peter loved their birthday traditions. May did as much as she could to make it a good day. He would always be grateful for that, and wouldn't have traded a single moment for an extravagant party or gift.

Tony however, was not one for subtlety, and while he tried to be minimal, he can only limit himself so much. He understands Peter doesn't want a big celebration, or extravagant gifts, but Tony had a suprise up his sleeve for today, and a small box, that he believed required one.

He had woken earlier than Peter, to make him breakfast. He tried to steady himself, as he felt another wave of anxiety roll through him. It was a good type, however, proposing to someone was very nerve racking.

Tony had a few gifts for Peter, because he couldn't not get something for him. He also was putting together a dinner for tonight, with the rest of the team. The one kind of celebration he knew Peter would love.

Dum-E and U were starting the set up for dinner, with Friday in charge of them. Tony would definitely have to check in with them often. Dum-E has given him reason to not be trusted with simple tasks...

Pepper, Rhodey, and some of the team would make the final prep for the dinner. Tony was extremely thankful to them for pitching in, as it was one thing he wouldn't have to stress over today.

After dinner, he planned to propose to Peter.

He had every right to be nervous. It's not like he just proposed all the time. This was it. And he willed himself not to mess it up.

Some of the team would show soon, to wish Peter a happy birthday, and spend some time with him. Tony was surprised of how insistent they were, but knew it would make Peter happy.

Tony was in a remarkably good mood, despite the internal battle he was having with anxiety. He danced around the kitchen, singing along to AC/DC as he finished Peter's breakfast. Bear yipped, jumping around. Tony grabbed his paws, and they danced together around the island.

Tony heard a few laughs, and glanced to the living room, seeing the team giggling at the pair.

"Oh shit." Tony laughed, setting Bear back on the ground.

"Tones, you've gotta work on your moves. Bear's too good for you." Rhodey snickered.

He rolled his eyes. "Can it, tin head."

Clint picked up Bear and ran to the living room, Natasha and Wanda following behind.

"Barton, Peter will want his dog when he's up. Enjoy it while you can!" Tony called, as he placed the last of the food onto a tray.

"Where is Pete anyway?" Pepper asked.

"I tried my absolute best to let him sleep in this morning. I can't tell you the last time he has. I figured it'd be nice." Tony concluded.

The rest made their way to the living room, allowing Tony to go wake Peter.

"We'll be out in a bit." Tony said, a bright smile on his face as he made his way to their bedroom.

• Peter •

It was Saturday, and I didn't feel like getting out of bed just yet. Tony was
most likely in the lab, as usual, but I'd find him in a bit. I flipped on the tv, and snuggled back into the warmth of the blankets.

The quiet only lasted a moment, as the door opened softly. Tony walked into the room with a bright smile, a tray of pancakes, and other food.

"Hey love bug."

I smiled at him. "Hi Tones. What's this?"

Typically on Saturday, Pep and Rhodey woukd come over, and we would have breakfast together. This was much different.

He places the tray in front of me, kissing me gently. "Happy birthday Pete."

I laugh, having forgotten about that. "Thank you. You didn't need to do this."

"Oh stop it. I wanted to."

I kissed him once again. "Well thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."

I take a bite of the pancakes, which are delicious. "Wow, Tony these are amazing. Which restaurant did you order from?" I teased.

He scoffed, a frown on his lips. "Rude. I worked hard on those."

"They're great. You've gotten much better."

He kisses my forehead, and I made him eat with me, because he really made too much. And that man loves his hash browns.

"So what birthday activities would you like to do today? I have a surprise around six, so we have to be ready by then." Tony explained.

"I have a feeling you're more prepared for my birthday than I am." I laughed.

"Well I know you don't like a big party and all that. But it's still your birthday..." He mumbled.

"I know, I know. And it's not that I don't like parties, or wouldn't appreciate it. Just that May and I never did those things. For the two of us, our little celebration we had was always enough." I shrug.

Tony smiles at me softly, kissing my forehead. "You have such a good heart."

I feel a blush creep up my neck, and I look down at my hands.

"And I know you said no gifts, but I got you one. Because I saw it, and thought you'd love it." He grins, reaching under the bed for a box, wrapped in red paper.

"Tony..." I laugh. "You weren't supposed to."

"It's your birthday. Shut up and open it."

Inside the box were two stuffed bears. One dressed as Iron Man, and the other as me.

"Oh my god, Tony! Where did you find them?"

"Well I know you love teddy bears, obviously, you named your dog after one. But I had them custom made with our little outfits."

"They're so cute. Thank you." I smiled, placing them onto the shelf next to the Iron Man poster on the wall. Yes, I hung it there.

"You're welcome, Pete." I kiss him gently.

"Hey where is Bear? He wasn't in bed when I woke up." I ask, slipping a hoodie over my head.

Tony grins at me. "I think he's in the living room. You should go check there"

I shake my head, wondering what he could have possibly done.

"Tony, no more surprises. You've already done enough-"

"Happy birthday Pete!" Clint and Steve yell from the couch.

I laugh, seeing the team sitting in the living room. One by one, they each hug me, saying happy birthday.

As the team of superheroes made their rounds to Peter, he felt more and more at a loss for words.

After years of celebrating with only two people, it was a bit overwhelming. But Peter was incredibly thankful to them for being here. He never had an chance of a big family, so this was all new to him. Happiness tugged his heart in every direction, and this was a moment he wouldn't trade for the world.

Peter decided he just wanted a lazy birthday. No work, meetings, calls, and no hero business just for the hell of it. A day like this was exactly what he needed. What they all did, really.

The team lay throughout the living room, watching movies and talking amongst themselves. Later, a few of the guys made lunch for everyone.

"Barton, you better give me my dog." Peter laughed after trying to convince the older man for ten minutes.

"Bear doesn't want you!" He whined.

Peter scoffed, a smile on his face, before opening the back door. At the sound, Bear lept from Clint, and tore through the house to the outside.

Clint huffed, and pulled some of the blanket Nat was using to cover himself up.

Peter shook his head, stepping outside to watch Bear chase the bird on the fence.

"Hey bug." Tony mumbled, kissing Peter's curls. "You're sure there's nothing else you want to do?"

Peter shook his head, leaning into Tony's chest. "This is exactly what I wanted. I really appreciate it Tony."

Tony hugged him tightly. "Anything for you, my love."

Steve, Pepper, and a few others glanced outside at the pair. They knew of Tony's plan tonight, as Pepper had accidentally told a few of them.

"So he's proposing tonight? He's completely serious?" Steve asked Pepper.

She nodded, smiling in their direction. "I've never seen him this nervous before. Tony might be a wildcard sometimes, but I trust him. He loves and cares about Peter, more than anything or anyone."

"Good. I'm happy for them." Steve concluded, a small smile on his lips.

He didn't doubt Tony. But he wanted the best for Peter. The younger had become a part of all their lives, and he wanted only the best, and happiness for him. There's nobody better than Tony to give him that.

"Don't forget, dinner is at six." Tony said, kissing Peters cheek, and walking inside.

Soon, Peter and Bear left for the house too. Bear dashed over to where Clint was on the couch, throwing himself in between him and Nat.

Peter glared at Bear. "Traitor."

Clint laughed, ruffling Bear's ears.

Tony, and the others moved back in living room, delivering lunches. Peter let out a content sigh as Tony sat next to him, kissing his cheek, and starting the next movie.

• later •

Peter had fallen asleep some time ago. Slowly and quietly Tony carried him to their bed, Clint following behind with Bear. Tony closed the door, seeing Pepper ushering everyone to the elevator to finish setting up for tonight. She was assigning jobs to them, and Tony couldn't be more thankful for her.

He followed to the elevator, ready to see what progress DUM-E and U had made. Most likely not much, but Tony hoped Friday kept them in check.

They walked into the dining area, seeing Happy attempting to pull a tablecloth out of DUM-E's grasp.

"Son of a bitch! Just let it go!" He yelled at the bot.

Tony snickered, as did the others. "DUM-E, it's like you want to be made into a wine rack."

DUM-E dropped his end of the table cloth in an instant. Happy grunted, walking to the table.

"That was your one chance. Now do what I asked and help Happy."
DUM-E scampered off to where U was, avoiding Tony and Happy both.

"Tony why the hell did you make them again?" Natasha laughed.

"I thought they would be a good idea. But they really just need to stay in the lab." He huffed. "Friday send them back please."

"Okay everyone, let's get this party ready. Steve, Bucky, and Thor, I need you to come help move tables please." Pepper called, walking into another room.

The two super soldiers shrugged, following her, with Thor laughing behind them. Vision and Wanda hung lights while Nat and Clint put together the table decorations. Happy laid table cloths. Bruce, Sam, and Rhodey started dinner. Tony and Pepper went outside, to decorate the terrace, where Tony planned to propose.

The tables were made into a rather large circle, able to seat all of them together. They were decorated nicely, with red tablecloths, jars of red and blue flowers that sparkled with fairy lights.

Tony was happy with how everything looked. At around five thirty, the team trickled out slowly as they finished decorating, to get ready themselves. Dinner was almost finished, and Tony hoped Peter was still asleep.

He gave everyone his thanks, then rushed downstairs to get himself ready, and wake Peter.

Except Peter was already up, dressed, and currently asking Bear which pair of shoes he thought would look best, when Tony peeked in the door. Tony smiled at the sight of the two.

Bear yipped when Peter held up his white Vans. "Alright Bear, Vans it is."

Tony watched as Peter slipped them on, and nodded.

"Good choice baby bug." Peter complimented. "Wait... aren't you colorblind?"

Peter giggled at his own joke, and Tony felt that he should keep that moment to himself. He opened the door fully, making Peter jump in surprise.

"I see you're awake now. You look gorgeous, as always." Tony said, kissing Peter quickly before walking to his closet.

Peter blushed, playing with the ends of his sweater. He wore black jeans, a white button down, with a navy blue sweater over the top. Perfectly Peter.

"Thanks Tony."

Tony was dressed and ready a few moments later. "Bear, let's go buddy."

"Bear gets to come?" Peter asked, wondering what Tony has up his sleeve.

"Of course he does. Now, let's go bug." Tony said, pressing a kiss to Peter's forehead.

Tony took a deep breath, trying to calm his steadily rising nerves, grabbed Peter's hand, and walked towards the elevator, where Bear was waiting.

I'm thinking the next chapter will be the last. I mean I'm sure y'all know what's gonna happen lol. Not super hard to figure out. Thank ya for reading! <3

Edit : 01•26•22

Sorry this took so long to edit. I had my wisdom teeth removed, then I got COVID, and now my college classes started again :/
OVER 70 K READS THO! Y'all are fucking awesome! Ily bunches <33

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.9M 70.1K 80
❝ oh shit, thanks mr. stark. ❞ ❝ yeah, but this isn't mr. stark. ❞ ✦✧:·. 𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘, 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘 :·.✦✧ in which one call with a cute...
49K 1.9K 83
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...
77.2K 2.7K 30
A break in space time brought Percy Jackson to a different dimension, memories all gone except for his name. After a while in a village, helping the...
87.5K 3.6K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...